Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Postby Capt.Failure » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:02 pm

Rated X wrote:So you were born in Miami huh?

I notice you said “born in Miami” rather than “live in Miami”. My guess is your parents probably moved out a long time ago for a good reason. You come off as being the type of person who is probably better off living somewhere in Middle America. I’m sure Larry the Cable Guy will be visiting whatever town you live in now to film his show. If you didn’t understand what I meant by “305 lifestyle” then don’t bother trying. I can’t paint a picture for a blind man. Either you got it in your blood or you don’t. I can’t teach you how to think like a G. You obviously didn’t soak up any local culture while you were out here in Miami. He’s not my favorite, but pick up a Pitbull album if you want an introduction to some local Miami culture and slang. I would recommend Money is a Major Issue (M.I.A.M.I.)

While I like Afrika Bambatta as a classic artist, If you wanna talk real hip hop then lets talk Gucci Mane, Waka, Juvenile, Trick Daddy, Three Six Mafia, Pastor Troy, David Banner, C-Murder, Uncle Luke and 2 Live, Scarface, Pac, or the late great Eazy-E. Now that’s some real music. Keep your Marky Mark and M.C. Hammer. They both suck.

Hey if you like acting so much, more power to you. If I wanted to study how people talk and show emotions, I could just go walk around a mall all day. I watch movies to see things that can’t happen in real life. Anyone can act with a director calling the shots. It’s not rocket science.

On the urbanization of the Transformers hobby being some fans biggest nightmare, all I gotta say is go to a Botcon. Take one look at the most hardcore Transformers fandom and you’ll see it’s NOT an urban style crowd. Don’t get me wrong there are some really cool people out there like the whole Seibertron news staff. But you also got a bunch of straight up geeks from TFW2005 who give dirty looks to anybody who doesn’t fit in with their crowd. Once again, if you haven’t been there, you wouldn’t know.

If you don’t like my swag, go back to “The Wild Side”.


If you don’t like my swag, go back to


If you don’t like my swag


like my swag


my swag


swag


Argument invalidated. Leave the thread please. >:oP
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Postby zatara1701 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:26 pm

Motto: ""It's all part of the plan...more or less.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Rated X wrote:So you were born in Miami huh?

I notice you said “born in Miami” rather than “live in Miami”. My guess is your parents probably moved out a long time ago for a good reason. You come off as being the type of person who is probably better off living somewhere in Middle America. I’m sure Larry the Cable Guy will be visiting whatever town you live in now to film his show. If you didn’t understand what I meant by “305 lifestyle” then don’t bother trying. I can’t paint a picture for a blind man. Either you got it in your blood or you don’t. I can’t teach you how to think like a G. You obviously didn’t soak up any local culture while you were out here in Miami. He’s not my favorite, but pick up a Pitbull album if you want an introduction to some local Miami culture and slang. I would recommend Money is a Major Issue (M.I.A.M.I.)

While I like Afrika Bambatta as a classic artist, If you wanna talk real hip hop then lets talk Gucci Mane, Waka, Juvenile, Trick Daddy, Three Six Mafia, Pastor Troy, David Banner, C-Murder, Uncle Luke and 2 Live, Scarface, Pac, or the late great Eazy-E. Now that’s some real music. Keep your Marky Mark and M.C. Hammer. They both suck.

Hey if you like acting so much, more power to you. If I wanted to study how people talk and show emotions, I could just go walk around a mall all day. I watch movies to see things that can’t happen in real life. Anyone can act with a director calling the shots. It’s not rocket science.

On the urbanization of the Transformers hobby being some fans biggest nightmare, all I gotta say is go to a Botcon. Take one look at the most hardcore Transformers fandom and you’ll see it’s NOT an urban style crowd. Don’t get me wrong there are some really cool people out there like the whole Seibertron news staff. But you also got a bunch of straight up geeks from TFW2005 who give dirty looks to anybody who doesn’t fit in with their crowd. Once again, if you haven’t been there, you wouldn’t know.

If you don’t like my swag, go back to “The Wild Side”.


I was born near Miami because my dad was busy serving our country in the USAF, as did I for years, serving in places A LOT more dangerous and "street cred" worthy than the streets of Miami ever thought about being. All the while I have seen and done things you could only dream of...or make up for that matter...which as a person and a Transformers fan gives me more experience than you could ever hope for. :BOOM:

As I said before, not going to waste good words and thought on a 36 year old juvenile...anyone over 20 using the words "swag" and/or refering to their lifestyle with an area code needs to wake up and grow up... Just by your words and actions I can tell you're a name dropping poser that wouldn't last a day "on the streets," you claim you come from. Even thirtysomething "thugs," do not prattle on with the nonsense and jibberish you do...smh :BANG_HEAD: I feel sorry for anyone from the "305" if you're "representin'" since you make them all sound like they are shallow, uneducated, that apparently like movies based soley on the flickering images on the screen and occasional "Eye candy." (Not sure what "flava" of candy that is...kinda sounds like you prefer seeing the Rock up there to me)

I will end with this...Getting the discussion back on topic, which is TF4, Wahlberg and the Rock (not you) I am here to enrich the discussion and elevate the quality of banter out here on Seibertron, hence my in depth look and review of actual movie related facts...I am a Cinephile, I am a true fan of Hip-Hop and I am a Transformers fan of the truest and longest tradition...So I can once again say this... Mark Wahlberg will be awesome in TF4 given the right script and story. Great movies are not made by directors or actors alone, and effects alone cannot sustain a movie without the talent behind it. Why do you think Bay chose Wahlberg to be in "Pain and Gain?" It's called acting skills...or his acting "swag" if that helps you understand it better... If you do not have something worthwhile to contribute to the discussion besides attempting to show everyone how "swaggerific" you are then press on. I said it once, I will say it again...I am glad the Rock isnt in TF4 because as much as I liked cartoon growing up, I do not want the movie to be a cartoon. If you're not down with that, I got two words for ya...
Attachments
dx.jpg
dx.jpg (9.09 KiB) Viewed 228 times
zatara1701
Fuzor
Posts: 232
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:09 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:59 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Can we, like, NOT argue anymore? Seriously, my inbox is cluttered with responses from this thread.
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5598
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Postby Burn » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:32 am

Mindmaster wrote:Can we, like, NOT argue anymore? Seriously, my inbox is cluttered with responses from this thread.


So unsubscribe?
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38252
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:35 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Burn wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Can we, like, NOT argue anymore? Seriously, my inbox is cluttered with responses from this thread.


So unsubscribe?


Aaaaand I feel dumb because I forgot we could do that.
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5598
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Postby Va'al » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:29 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Mindmaster wrote:
Burn wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Can we, like, NOT argue anymore? Seriously, my inbox is cluttered with responses from this thread.


So unsubscribe?


Aaaaand I feel dumb because I forgot we could do that.


Yeah, I'd suggest that too, as I'm really enjoying the thread. :D
The Amazing Adventures of Dennis and Bruce!
The only thing better than setting yourself on fire! -njb902


Image
Photo by robotmel
User avatar
Va'al
News Staff
Posts: 6552
News Credits: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Postby Rated X » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:33 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
zatara1701 wrote:I was born near Miami because my dad was busy serving our country in the USAF, as did I for years, serving in places A LOT more dangerous and "street cred" worthy than the streets of Miami ever thought about being. All the while I have seen and done things you could only dream of...or make up for that matter...which as a person and a Transformers fan gives me more experience than you could ever hope for. :BOOM:

As I said before, not going to waste good words and thought on a 36 year old juvenile...anyone over 20 using the words "swag" and/or refering to their lifestyle with an area code needs to wake up and grow up... Just by your words and actions I can tell you're a name dropping poser that wouldn't last a day "on the streets," you claim you come from. Even thirtysomething "thugs," do not prattle on with the nonsense and jibberish you do...smh :BANG_HEAD: I feel sorry for anyone from the "305" if you're "representin'" since you make them all sound like they are shallow, uneducated, that apparently like movies based soley on the flickering images on the screen and occasional "Eye candy." (Not sure what "flava" of candy that is...kinda sounds like you prefer seeing the Rock up there to me)

I will end with this...Getting the discussion back on topic, which is TF4, Wahlberg and the Rock (not you) I am here to enrich the discussion and elevate the quality of banter out here on Seibertron, hence my in depth look and review of actual movie related facts...I am a Cinephile, I am a true fan of Hip-Hop and I am a Transformers fan of the truest and longest tradition...So I can once again say this... Mark Wahlberg will be awesome in TF4 given the right script and story. Great movies are not made by directors or actors alone, and effects alone cannot sustain a movie without the talent behind it. Why do you think Bay chose Wahlberg to be in "Pain and Gain?" It's called acting skills...or his acting "swag" if that helps you understand it better... If you do not have something worthwhile to contribute to the discussion besides attempting to show everyone how "swaggerific" you are then press on. I said it once, I will say it again...I am glad the Rock isnt in TF4 because as much as I liked cartoon growing up, I do not want the movie to be a cartoon. If you're not down with that, I got two words for ya...



Air Force huh ?

While I totally respect your service to our country, the military mindset you guys get stuck in upon discharge is equivalent to deprogramming. So now I’m a Juvenile huh? Ill take that as a compliment since one of my favorite rappers Juvenile, is 37 years old. We both collect freakin toys as a hobby so the term “grow up” is poorly chosen. It’s not my fault if your family was always on the move and you got robbed of your childhood. It sucks having to leave friendships behind and not have a neighborhood that you can truly call your own. But if you followed in your dads footsteps, obviously those things didn’t faze you. The funny thing is that with all the s**t you talk about me, your military background makes you just like me but you’re too anal to see it. So let me break it down for you…Your fellow troops are your “HOMIES” and your regiment is your “CLICK”. You “REPRESENT” the United States overseas proudly because it is your “HOOD”. You starch your uniform and shine your boots so that your “SWAG” stands out in a crowd of soldiers dressed identically. I wouldn’t be surprised if you got some “TATTS” that show the Air Force equivalent of “SEMPER FI” and if you ever fought in actual combat you had to “RIDE OR DIE” for what you believe in and “BUCK SHOTS” at your enemies. Now that you have completed Ebonics for dummies, know your role. You VOLENTEERED to fight for the FREEDOM of people just like me, so we can have the RIGHT TO CHOOSE not to be like you. Isn’t that ironic? If you love Snoop so much maybe you should try to actually understand what he’s talking about in his lyrics. Or is listening to Snoop just a front so you can tell your kids “See, daddy’s cool too” as you turn your hat to the side like Marky Mark and start bouncing your head like a moron.

Trying to find a way to get back on topic but what can I say? I prefer the Rock in TF4 and you would take a bullet for Marky Mark. Nuff said. ;)
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5758
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Postby Rated X » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:48 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Capt.Failure wrote:
If you don’t like my swag, go back to


If you don’t like my swag


like my swag


my swag


swag


Argument invalidated. Leave the thread please. >:oP



Capt. Failure, you have just won the "Most Pointless Comment of the Month" award. :DANCE:

If you have some actual input to this discussion, fell free to post. But don't just copy and paste someone else's quotes and leave us all in mystery of what you claim to have invalidated. >:oP
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5758
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Postby Cyber Bishop » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:51 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Both of you need to drop it now... Last warning.
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18582
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Postby njb902 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:52 pm

X don't ever ever talk about the mindset of a discharged service member. You have no idea what you are talking about, and the general disservice you just did to all vets is disgusting. You can hide your thinly veiled insults against people behind your "I respect" bull all you want, however it doesn't fool anyone.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Postby Blurrz » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:34 pm

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
.....

Admin said to drop it. So drop it?

Seriously, do your parting shots in a PM or something, not here.
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11566
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Postby njb902 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:40 pm

CB posted while I was typing a response, so I wasn't aware of his ultimate at the time. Feel free to delete my post if you wish.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:10 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
There's nothing wrong with jumping over from music to movies. some do to expand their career, some do it because they might realise that there just better as an actor than they were in music. (Or vis-versa). I really see no corilation between walbergs days as a "hip hop artist" to his current acting. Too completely different times in his life doing to completely different things. Its not like the guy was a rapist or comited murder or something. He simply changed fro doing music to acting. And for all intents and urposes, he has been very sucseful as an actor and is quite good at it. If you wanna completely dismiss him because he choose a different path than what you wanted, then that's your problem. Don't see how its any different than the Rock. Started out as a "Pro" wresler (if there is such a thing) and then moved on to movies. He was good at it, so he kept the pilot lite. He made a buisness decision that due to that decision, has made a huge name for himself more than if he just stayed in wrestling. Heck, he doesn't even go by "The Rock" anymore in his movie titles. Its simply "Dwayne Johnson". HIs success with his acting career is the reason he continues to get movie roles. You can't ignore that.

Here's still hoping that we'll get a G.I. joe crossover movie in the next few years. Heck, it would be really killer if TF-5 or 6 turns out to be that crossover.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1188
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Postby Capt.Failure » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:45 pm

5150 Cruiser wrote:There's nothing wrong with jumping over from music to movies. some do to expand their career, some do it because they might realise that there just better as an actor than they were in music. (Or vis-versa). I really see no corilation between walbergs days as a "hip hop artist" to his current acting. Too completely different times in his life doing to completely different things. Its not like the guy was a rapist or comited murder or something. He simply changed fro doing music to acting. And for all intents and urposes, he has been very sucseful as an actor and is quite good at it. If you wanna completely dismiss him because he choose a different path than what you wanted, then that's your problem. Don't see how its any different than the Rock. Started out as a "Pro" wresler (if there is such a thing) and then moved on to movies. He was good at it, so he kept the pilot lite. He made a buisness decision that due to that decision, has made a huge name for himself more than if he just stayed in wrestling. Heck, he doesn't even go by "The Rock" anymore in his movie titles. Its simply "Dwayne Johnson". HIs success with his acting career is the reason he continues to get movie roles. You can't ignore that.

Here's still hoping that we'll get a G.I. joe crossover movie in the next few years. Heck, it would be really killer if TF-5 or 6 turns out to be that crossover.


The difference, when you get right down to it, is that Mark Wahlberg's going to be in a Transformers film directed by Michael Bay. I guarantee you that if it had been Johnson chosen as the lead actor and Wahlberg had been considered but not chosen we'd be seeing this same logically fallacious argument about "actor origins" criticizing Johnson's wrestling career instead.

Thus is the logic of the Transformers fandom. >:oP
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Postby Rated X » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:41 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
5150 Cruiser wrote:There's nothing wrong with jumping over from music to movies. some do to expand their career, some do it because they might realise that there just better as an actor than they were in music. (Or vis-versa). I really see no corilation between walbergs days as a "hip hop artist" to his current acting. Too completely different times in his life doing to completely different things. Its not like the guy was a rapist or comited murder or something. He simply changed fro doing music to acting. And for all intents and urposes, he has been very sucseful as an actor and is quite good at it. If you wanna completely dismiss him because he choose a different path than what you wanted, then that's your problem. Don't see how its any different than the Rock. Started out as a "Pro" wresler (if there is such a thing) and then moved on to movies. He was good at it, so he kept the pilot lite. He made a buisness decision that due to that decision, has made a huge name for himself more than if he just stayed in wrestling. Heck, he doesn't even go by "The Rock" anymore in his movie titles. Its simply "Dwayne Johnson". HIs success with his acting career is the reason he continues to get movie roles. You can't ignore that.

Here's still hoping that we'll get a G.I. joe crossover movie in the next few years. Heck, it would be really killer if TF-5 or 6 turns out to be that crossover.



Obviously you don't follow wrestling because after a 7 year movie making hiatus, the Rock came back to main event 2 Wrestlemainas, several Raws and Smackdowns, and have a 2 month WWE Championship title reign. He remembered where he came from and did it for the fans.

Now while Mark Whalberg sucked as a rapper, he moved on to a fairly successful movie career. Not as successful as the Rock, but successful regardless. The problem I have with Mark as an "actor" is that in 20 years he hasn't had that one definitive blockbuster that is so big even non-movies buffs know his name. Some examples are:

The Terminator - Arnold

Men in Black - Will Smith

Scarface - Al Pacino

Indiana Jones - Harrison Ford

Dwayne Johnson - WWE (not a movie but Johnson was the face of a billion dollar TV industry for years)

Even if you don't follow actors or their off screen antics, you know who these guys are because those franchises were and still are so damn popular. The only Mark Whalberg movie I even know is Boogie nights. And I didn't even know he was in the movie at first, I just knew about the movie because I find anything about the porn industry entertaining.

So why wont I let go of Mark Whalbergs debut persona and accept him as an actor you ask ?

Easy...

Everyone knows the old saying "you never get a second chance to make a first impression".

well here is my lasting first impression of Mark Whalberg:

Image

I'm not sure how anyone can look at this face and take him seriously for anything. 20 years later Justin Beiber might be a successful actor with 30 movies under his belt. But there will be always be someone like Rated X to remind you of their past...

On the war of words I had with a certain poster earlier in this thread, all I can say is that when two completely opposite ideologies collide, some sparks are sure to fly.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5758
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:06 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
Rated X wrote:
Obviously you don't follow wrestling because after a 7 year movie making hiatus, the Rock came back to main event 2 Wrestlemainas, several Raws and Smackdowns, and have a 2 month WWE Championship title reign. He remembered where he came from and did it for the fans.


I know he came back. To the extentent of that comeback i was not aware, but i had seen several comercials where he stated his return. My point being is for all intents and purposes, he left the world of wrestling to pursue an acting career. That career took off and that is his main focus.

Rated X wrote:Now while Mark Whalberg sucked as a rapper, he moved on to a fairly successful movie career. Not as successful as the Rock, but successful regardless. The problem I have with Mark as an "actor" is that in 20 years he hasn't had that one definitive blockbuster that is so big even non-movies buffs know his name.


So what? You know who he is. You identify and admit that he has been a faily sucsessful actor. He's done very well, been associated with several big name films (Shooter, Italian Job, Planet of the Apes, Perfect Storm, Ted, etc..) Being labeled with a big name franchise does not mean your any better, or worse than anyone else.


Rated X wrote: So why wont I let go of Mark Whalbergs debut persona and accept him as an actor you ask ?

Easy...

Everyone knows the old saying "you never get a second chance to make a first impression".

well here is my lasting first impression of Mark Whalberg:

Image

I'm not sure how anyone can look at this face and take him seriously for anything. 20 years later Justin Beiber might be a successful actor with 30 movies under his belt. But there will be always be someone like Rated X to remind you of their past....


Maybe because people grow up and can reconise someone for there actual acomplishments and reconising that their orignal plans aren't going to work and find a career that actualy works for them. Again, the guy did rap 20+ yrs ago. No ones saying you have to like him. But f your only reason for not liking the guy as an actor is because he didn't live up to your expections as a rapper 20+ yrs ago in his late teens, all the while reconising that he has had a sucsessful career and is in fact good at it,... Well then there a bit if ignorance on your part.

And for the record, i never cared for justin Timberlake or beiber as music artist. But I think J.T. is a far better actor than he ever was a singer and have no issues with him moving on to movies. And if Beiber turns out to be a better actor than teen heart throb, then i'll give him his props as well.

Rated X wrote:On the war of words I had with a certain poster earlier in this thread, all I can say is that when two completely opposite ideologies collide, some sparks are sure to fly.


No sparks here. All i ask is that if people par take in a dusscussion, then be able to back up their thoughts.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1188
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Postby Burn » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:09 pm

The Rock didn't come back for the fans, he came back for a Wrestlemania pay-off. Plain and simple. To think otherwise would be to think wrestling isn't scripted.

It's also safe to say that Mark Wahlberg has LESS flops to his name than Dwayne Johnson.

Now, we get it. You don't like him. Why do you feel the need to continue the argument when you have absolutely no chance of converting anyone to your beliefs? Give it up now.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38252
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Postby Rated X » Thu May 02, 2013 4:49 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Burn wrote:The Rock didn't come back for the fans, he came back for a Wrestlemania pay-off. Plain and simple. To think otherwise would be to think wrestling isn't scripted.

It's also safe to say that Mark Wahlberg has LESS flops to his name than Dwayne Johnson.

Now, we get it. You don't like him. Why do you feel the need to continue the argument when you have absolutely no chance of converting anyone to your beliefs? Give it up now.


Vince may give him a couple million but that cant compare to the 10 million or more the Rock makes for one movie. The Rock actually started coming back because of a comment John Cena made on live TV saying he sold out. Of course they worked it into the script, but the initial comment was Cena's honest opinion and it "assisted" in the Rock's decision to return. The Rock doesnt need WWE, but his ego needs the "people's chants".

And honestly the only "Mark" movie I know is Boogie Nights. And I only knew that one because of the porn industry, not because of the incredible acting talent everyone on this forum swears he has. What is his definitave movie that EVERYONE knows ? Old, young, movie buffs, non-movie buffs, rap fans, non-rap fans, middle Americans, Urban dwellers, country good ole boys, foreigners, etc. I cant think of one Mark Whalberg movie that EVERONE knows solely because HE was in it. Even Borat has more noteriety than Mark Whalberg. All it took was one movie, and now whenever we see the guy, no matter what hairstlye he has, were like "Isnt that Borat" ??? If Mark grows long hair and a mustache, most of us fair weather movie fans wont even reconize him. But we cant miss Borat !
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5758
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Postby Burn » Thu May 02, 2013 6:28 pm

It wouldn't be too hard to find someone who can name a movie Mark Wahlberg has been in.

Ted would be the most common answer.

But given you genuinely believe The Rock came back to wrestling because of a "real" comment by John Cena, plus the fact you can't get past The Funkybunch, it's safe to say you're a tad out of touch with reality and any further discussion with you is pointless.

And as I previously said, you should give up. But hey, if you want to keep embarrassing yourself, then who am I to stop you?
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38252
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Postby Capt.Failure » Thu May 02, 2013 8:02 pm

Burn wrote:It wouldn't be too hard to find someone who can name a movie Mark Wahlberg has been in.

Ted would be the most common answer.

But given you genuinely believe The Rock came back to wrestling because of a "real" comment by John Cena, plus the fact you can't get past The Funkybunch, it's safe to say you're a tad out of touch with reality and any further discussion with you is pointless.

And as I previously said, you should give up. But hey, if you want to keep embarrassing yourself, then who am I to stop you?


Why get him to stop? This is entertaining. :grin:
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Postby xyl360 » Fri May 03, 2013 5:01 am

Have you guys seen Shooter? Mark Wahlberg was great in that movie! There have been several others which he's done that have impressed me as well.

The Rock is OK, but I find it a lot harder to take him seriously, but I think either choice would have been decent for TF4 as they both work well as action movie leads/heroes.

Either way, I'm just glad that the lead isn't going to Shia again. He's a pretty funny guy, but 'funny' isn't what I'm looking for in a big summer action blockbuster.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
Gestalt
Posts: 2997
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014