Chicago Cubs World Series 2016 8-Disc Collector's Edition Set from Shout! Factory

FansProject Function X-03 Smart Robin - Brainstorm

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

FansProject Function X-03 Smart Robin - Brainstorm

Postby Mkall » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:58 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Last edited by Mkall on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image

My Collection! Updated June 18, 2016
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14833
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby Mkall » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:02 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I'm surprised no one else plays with URLs in BBTS's system. I've gotten a good jump on things before anyone else is even aware of them by doing that.
Image

My Collection! Updated June 18, 2016
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14833
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby daimchoc » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:36 pm

Cool! ;)
daimchoc
Gestalt
Posts: 2577
News Credits: 119
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby DevastaTTor » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:54 pm

So FP Brainstorm, Weirdwolf, and Breakdown in color all in one day! Most excellent!

:APPLAUSE:
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
User avatar
DevastaTTor
City Commander
Posts: 3062
News Credits: 39
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:21 am
Location: GA, USA

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby Mkall » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
DevastaTTor wrote:So FP Brainstorm, Weirdwolf, and Breakdown in color all in one day! Most excellent!

:APPLAUSE:

I know! The only way this could get any better is if preorders actually come available.

I'm really hoping Brainstorm gets his briefcase.
Image

My Collection! Updated June 18, 2016
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14833
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby Rated X » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:53 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Im really happy Fansproject is abandoning the Warbot aesthetic in favor of a more G1 appearance. While Defender and Assualter were great figures, I feel Fansproject went too far out of their way to avoid lawsuits from Hasbro. Glad to see thats all in the past.
Image
User avatar
Rated X
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7905
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:55 pm

"In the past"? Well, THIS line has a more "G1" look, but I don't think that'll necessarily extend to the Warbot line. I heard that these are two different designers.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander
Posts: 4500
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:13 pm

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby Mkall » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Gauntlet101010 wrote:"In the past"? Well, THIS line has a more "G1" look, but I don't think that'll necessarily extend to the Warbot line. I heard that these are two different designers.

Aye. It's my understanding that there is one designer involved in the Warbot line, another who is doing the Function series (rumoured to be Jizai) and the Causality line features several other designers.
Image

My Collection! Updated June 18, 2016
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14833
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby Anonymous. » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:20 pm

Son of a..
Anonymous.
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11588
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 1:31 am
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby thunderjacker » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:29 pm

as neurotic as i usually am about third party news, code or chromedome completely slipped by me. is there going to be a re-release? are these new products going to be available for pre-order at big-bad toystore? definitely want those stunticons. still lacking a g1 brainstorm and don't know which one i'd rather have.
thunderjacker
Mini-Con
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby necr0blivion » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
thunderjacker wrote:as neurotic as i usually am about third party news, code or chromedome completely slipped by me. is there going to be a re-release? are these new products going to be available for pre-order at big-bad toystore? definitely want those stunticons. still lacking a g1 brainstorm and don't know which one i'd rather have.


I think we can all expect a wide re-release of Code at some point down the line - how far down is anyone's guess but Fansproject has re-released most of their products.
Image
necr0blivion
Gestalt
Posts: 2056
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 1:24 pm
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby Agamemnon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:34 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Mkall wrote:I'm surprised no one else plays with URLs in BBTS's system. I've gotten a good jump on things before anyone else is even aware of them by doing that.

I'd wondered how you got this. I was just at BBTS after reading their update and did a quick scan of the Third Parties I follow and didn't see anything.

Did we know the Function X mystery figure was Iron Man? :-?

Brainstorm looks awesome!
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal wrote:All of your biases have at some point been confirmed by anecdote.

There. Now you never have to read anything written by a pundit.

My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
User avatar
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
Posts: 4535
News Credits: 8
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:41 am
Location: West Side, Twin Cities
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby Rated X » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:07 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Mkall wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:"In the past"? Well, THIS line has a more "G1" look, but I don't think that'll necessarily extend to the Warbot line. I heard that these are two different designers.

Aye. It's my understanding that there is one designer involved in the Warbot line, another who is doing the Function series (rumoured to be Jizai) and the Causality line features several other designers.


Well I definitally like this designer better. He is giving us real G1 love. Im not really into Macross cruisers or Ninja insects.
Image
User avatar
Rated X
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7905
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby Sodan-1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:27 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
That looks great. I'm a little nervous about robot mode. I have to admit the Function X designer has yet to completely win me over. I'll still preorder as soon as it's up. ;)
Sodan-1
Gestalt
Posts: 2284
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:35 pm
Location: Right where you'd least expect me to be.

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby Mkall » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:36 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Agamemnon wrote:
Mkall wrote:I'm surprised no one else plays with URLs in BBTS's system. I've gotten a good jump on things before anyone else is even aware of them by doing that.

I'd wondered how you got this. I was just at BBTS after reading their update and did a quick scan of the Third Parties I follow and didn't see anything.

It's real simple to do. In the URL there's a FPJ100030 I think for the Chromedome + Discount release.

I change it to 31, and find that it's for apparently Code's non-discount release. Then I do 32, then 33, then 34, which gives me an error.

Sometimes I get things before they go live, when there is a price and quantities. I could've gotten MP-10's US release in this fashion had I cared enough about it to do so. I snagged a Hasbro Grimlock too (not that I had to worry apparently).

And sometimes, I stumble upon neat stuff like this and I mash F5 hoping it'll go live any minute.
Image

My Collection! Updated June 18, 2016
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14833
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby Stormrider » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:58 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Very well done in alt mode.
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8618
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:24 am
Location: USA

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby Rated X » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:17 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Mkall wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:"In the past"? Well, THIS line has a more "G1" look, but I don't think that'll necessarily extend to the Warbot line. I heard that these are two different designers.

Aye. It's my understanding that there is one designer involved in the Warbot line, another who is doing the Function series (rumoured to be Jizai) and the Causality line features several other designers.


If Jizai is designing the Function line, Im Santa Claus and I sell ice cubes to eskimos. :-?

Image
Image
User avatar
Rated X
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7905
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:31 pm

Just because it doesn't resemble his first attempt from a decade ago doesn't mean it's not him.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander
Posts: 4500
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:13 pm

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby Rated X » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:38 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Just because it doesn't resemble his first attempt from a decade ago doesn't mean it's not him.


Just looks a little too complex for his design style.
Image
User avatar
Rated X
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7905
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:52 pm

Rated X wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Just because it doesn't resemble his first attempt from a decade ago doesn't mean it's not him.


Just looks a little too complex for his design style.

I hear it's been a full DECADE since that was made. One hopes he improved in all that time. It'd be pretty pathetic if he hadn't.

Edit: Correction: it's been seven years since that image popped up. Still, that's a LOT of time to improve a skill.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander
Posts: 4500
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:13 pm

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby Rated X » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Just because it doesn't resemble his first attempt from a decade ago doesn't mean it's not him.


Just looks a little too complex for his design style.

I hear it's been a full DECADE since that was made. One hopes he improved in all that time. It'd be pretty pathetic if he hadn't.

Edit: Correction: it's been seven years since that image popped up. Still, that's a LOT of time to improve a skill.



Have you seen his Scavenger render he released last year ? :SICK:

I think it's business as usual at Jizai Toys. It's a good thing we have X-Transbots to add a few extra ball joints and reduce the price.
Image
User avatar
Rated X
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7905
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby Stormrider » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:36 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Rated X wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Just because it doesn't resemble his first attempt from a decade ago doesn't mean it's not him.


Just looks a little too complex for his design style.

I hear it's been a full DECADE since that was made. One hopes he improved in all that time. It'd be pretty pathetic if he hadn't.

Edit: Correction: it's been seven years since that image popped up. Still, that's a LOT of time to improve a skill.



Have you seen his Scavenger render he released last year ? :SICK:

I think it's business as usual at Jizai Toys. It's a good thing we have X-Transbots to add a few extra ball joints and reduce the price.



I have spoken with the creator of Jizai Toys a few times. Most of his creations start off using styrine and pins (which is why you don't see ball joints on his webpage). He had been doing it for a while and has many original designs. It wouldn't surprise me if he joined up with FansProject to help them figure out the transformations and engineering. That's his speciality and it would seem like the perfect fit.
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8618
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:24 am
Location: USA

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby necr0blivion » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:33 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
New pix - thanks FansProject.com!!!!

Image

Image
Image
necr0blivion
Gestalt
Posts: 2056
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 1:24 pm
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby Stormrider » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:37 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
I like the original designs, creative transformations, and detail.
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8618
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:24 am
Location: USA

Re: FansProject Function X-03 Brainstorm

Postby mooncake623 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:59 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Am I the only one that don't like code/chromedome? I think I'm going to sell him. Brainstorm on the other hand looks sick... really hope he has his briefcase... but since this is a homage to G1 and not MTMTE it probably wont. =/
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
Image
User avatar
mooncake623
News Staff
Posts: 3710
News Credits: 161
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:27 am
Location: NYC
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Next

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Rescue Bots Fire Station Electronic Prime Wal-Mart Bonus Heroes New - Time Remaining: 21 days 14 hours 29 minutes 24 seconds
2007 Transformers Movie Autobot Optimus Prime Leader class Premium Series new - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 4 minutes 3 seconds
Construct Bots TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE, STINGER and STRAFE - Time Remaining: 7 days 20 hours 35 minutes
Transformers Cybertron Shortround Figure MOC - Scout Class 2005 - Time Remaining: 7 days 5 minutes 38 seconds
TG-22 BLITZWING Transformers Generations Takara Tomy Japan Voyager 2013 30th - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 6 minutes 42 seconds
Hasbrok Kre-O Transformers Building Blocks Set - Starscream - Time Remaining: 7 days 10 hours 51 minutes 59 seconds
JUSTITOYS & TRANSFORMERS G1 WST Dinobot Grimlock Slag Set of 5 Exclusive Ver - Time Remaining: 20 days 4 hours 7 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers SKIDS and MUDFLAP Deluxe Ice Cream Truck Revenge of the Fallen - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 11 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory
Twincast / Podcast #160:
"Grappling with Memory"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, December 3rd, 2016
Website Security Test