Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby Transformers Fanatic » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:59 pm

Here are mine...

Favorite: Highway sequence.
Least Favorite: The scene at the beginning with Sam and Carly in bed.

What are yours?
Transformers Fanatic
Fuzor
Posts: 281
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:25 am

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby Wing Saber II » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:01 pm

Motto: "I'M BATMAN!"
Weapon: Laser Cannon
Favorite: Scene where Optimus tears through the cons with his jetpack on.
Least favorite: It's a tie between the above mentioned scene, and the bathroom scene with Wang
Sabrblade wrote:My Padawan has arrived. ;)

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

AutobotCliffjumper wrote:Only one will make it......
SIGNAL LANCER!!!!!! Join my bandwagon.....please? :grin: :HEADHURTS:

BRING THE MUSTARD!
Image
User avatar
Wing Saber II
Fuzor
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:02 pm
Location: Texas
Watch Wing Saber II on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby dinojack86 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Favorite: Lots- I'd have to say the best scene is when Optimus and the Autobots arrive at Chicago saving Sam and the NEST team saying "We will kill them all." Followed by saying "Today, we bring the battle to them!"- the whole scene gave me goosebumps and made me smile like a little kid. Again though, lots of scenes in DOTM had this same effect.

Least Favorite- definitely the bathroom stall scene with Wang-completely unnecessary and really the only "ROTF-like" scene in the whole movie.
dinojack86
Fuzor
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:01 am

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby Kn0ck0u7 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:32 pm

Weapon: Sonic Rifle
Favorite: 4 scenes total for me: 1. Highway chase scene. 2. Wingsuit scene - Just seeing the behind the scene footage and knowing that scene was done in REAL LIFE is just jaw dropping amazing. 3. Original 1960's moon landing scene, still a classic. 4. Carly Spencer bedroom scene.

Least Favorite: The entire 'Wang' bathroom scene. Completely unnecessary and didn't add to story/plot what so ever.
Kn0ck0u7
Micromaster
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:18 pm
Location: United States
Watch Kn0ck0u7 on YouTube

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby YRQRM0 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:36 pm

Favorite: Bumblebee slo-mo catching Sam made me scream the first time I saw it, then the "Time to find out" line.

I admit to laughing at the Wang character, although upon the other viewings I despised all his scenes because I just wanted to see the action again. But I probably least-liked the part where Bruce comes in and plays with Bumblebee, it was just weird...
User avatar
YRQRM0
Pretender
Posts: 765
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:26 pm
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: ???

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:49 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
FAV: The highway chase. To me, that was the most memorable and beautifully choreographed scene of the movie.

LEAST FAV: Ken Jeong's "toilet infiltration" scene. The overacting kind of annoyed me. Conversely, the scene where Sam walks into his office was okay.

OPTIONAL 2ND LEAST FAV: Bruce "playing" with Bumblebee. Total WTF moment. Bumblebee said it best in his funniest and most appropriate quote yet--"Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a kid?"
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2220
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby Aximalli_Prime » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:40 am

Motto: "I will always be there for other people, because I know what it's like to have nobody there for me."
Weapon: Electron-Pulse Gun
Favorite: when Optimus kills the Driller with his jetpack on. :APPLAUSE:

Least Favorite: the scene with Sam and Carly in the very beginning. :BOOM:

And also...I really wish they would've given Optimus a longer closing speech. :-?
User avatar
Aximalli_Prime
Micromaster
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:57 pm
Location: Centerville, UT
Watch Aximalli_Prime on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Favorites:

1. Ironhide's Death (Yes, I am sick...)
2. Wheeljack's Death (I want to reenact it with tha figures :D)
3. The Highway Dread Scene (Bumblebee, Mirage, Sideswipe, Ironhide, Crankcase, and Crowbar were badass)


Least Favorites:

1. Carly and Sam's Bed Scene (Yeah, man, that was creepy)
2. Soundwave's Death (NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
3. Every Driller Scene (Excluding when Shockwave Emerges. That's Awesome. But that damn worm annoys the heck out of me)
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5414
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby Kn0ck0u7 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:50 pm

Weapon: Sonic Rifle
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:OPTIONAL 2ND LEAST FAV: Bruce "playing" with Bumblebee. Total WTF moment. Bumblebee said it best in his funniest and most appropriate quote yet--"Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a kid?"

Yeah, that Bruce and Bumblebee was really awkward. People in the theater were completely silent in during the scene until Simmons spoke to Bruce asking him what he was doing. Strange scene for sure.
Kn0ck0u7
Micromaster
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:18 pm
Location: United States
Watch Kn0ck0u7 on YouTube

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby Wing Saber II » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:41 pm

Motto: "I'M BATMAN!"
Weapon: Laser Cannon
Powaglide wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:OPTIONAL 2ND LEAST FAV: Bruce "playing" with Bumblebee. Total WTF moment. Bumblebee said it best in his funniest and most appropriate quote yet--"Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a kid?"

Yeah, that Bruce and Bumblebee was really awkward. People in the theater were completely silent in during the scene until Simmons spoke to Bruce asking him what he was doing. Strange scene for sure.

everyone in my theater was cracking up... both times I went! :lol:
Sabrblade wrote:My Padawan has arrived. ;)

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

AutobotCliffjumper wrote:Only one will make it......
SIGNAL LANCER!!!!!! Join my bandwagon.....please? :grin: :HEADHURTS:

BRING THE MUSTARD!
Image
User avatar
Wing Saber II
Fuzor
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:02 pm
Location: Texas
Watch Wing Saber II on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:58 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Wing Saber II wrote:
Powaglide wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:OPTIONAL 2ND LEAST FAV: Bruce "playing" with Bumblebee. Total WTF moment. Bumblebee said it best in his funniest and most appropriate quote yet--"Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a kid?"

Yeah, that Bruce and Bumblebee was really awkward. People in the theater were completely silent in during the scene until Simmons spoke to Bruce asking him what he was doing. Strange scene for sure.

everyone in my theater was cracking up... both times I went! :lol:


I didn't notice how people reacted during that scene, but I'm pretty sure the whole place was silent. The first thought that passed my mind as I watched was, "How'd a guy like that end up in such a high position in his company?"
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2220
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby ROTFarcee » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:57 am

Motto: "Sam: "You have a very trustworthy face, like an Asian Colonel Sanders.""
Weapon: Crossbow
Can i say pretty much all of the (action scenes) were my favorite? if i had to pick one, i really like the scene where sam and the soldiers are driving into the chaotic chicago w/ iridescent playing. I also really like the highway chase scene, mostly because dino is in it, i like the scene where sam kills starscream, i like the scene where bumblebee (almost) dies, then he blasts through soundwaves chest. so... yeah, pretty much the whole action part of the movie. i have to admit the scene in the stall was funny, and the other scenes w/ jerry.
Now on to the scenes i hate:
all of the scenes w/ dylan. he bugs the crap out of me.
the scene after carly gets mad and sam talks to his parents. that was stupid, and unnecessary.
when sam is talking being interviewed by the dude from R.E.D, because its stupid.
i also hate the very last scene, not because of the scene itself, just because it means the movie is over. i wish the movie was around 3 hrs. that would be awesome. im going to get crap for this, but i like the human interaction in this movie. i just wish there was more robots fighting though. there, my ridiculous post is finished.
sams mom: It reminds me of Bumblebee...if Bumblebee was a sad piece of s***
// I will buy or accept any unwanted mechtech weapons. just message me.
ROTFarcee
Mini-Con
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:15 pm
Location: USA, Salt Lake City,UT
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby BeastProwl » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:10 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Favorite scene: All laserbeak scenes! (Excluding the death scene of course)

Optional second: (For lawls)"Prime! Make something of yourself!" BANG! "Yup, he's pissed!"

Least Favorite scene: The Butcher Scene. you know EXACTLY wich scene I mean...
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6077
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby Marcdachamp » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:52 pm

Favorites:
-Ironhide's death.
-Laserbeak everything, especially as the pink Bumblebee.
-The highway chase/Mexican standoff.

Least:
-Ken Jeong. I like the guy, but that character in general was so over-the-top and awful. I was very happy to see him dispatched.
Check out my webcomic, Kid Robo, every Monday at http://www.grayhavencomics.comImage
Marcdachamp
Pretender
Posts: 750
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:30 am

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
I have a few favorites, but I must say that the one scene which still gives me goosebumps even after seeing it 6 times (you read right!) is the scene when Optimus first appears in Chicago after Starscream shoots down the Xantium. The music probably had a lot to do with it, as well as the low angle it was shot in, but when he steps over the humans and the spent shell bounces off the ground, inside, I think "F**k yeah!" every time I see it.

My least favorite scene is when Sam is in the RV with his parents and his mom starts ranting about men and women. Stupid sexist bullshit.

And the Wang bathroom scene is relevant. It's where he tells Sam about the Decepticons' work behind the scenes and gives him all that paperwork. Sam in turn uses it to convince Director Mearing to listen to him about the Decepticons. It might have been juvenile, but it was relevant.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15509
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Primus Chamber

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby Marcdachamp » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:00 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:And the Wang bathroom scene is relevant. It's where he tells Sam about the Decepticons' work behind the scenes and gives him all that paperwork. Sam in turn uses it to convince Director Mearing to listen to him about the Decepticons. It might have been juvenile, but it was relevant.


It's not that the scene isn't relevant, it's just way more over-the-top than it needed to be.
Check out my webcomic, Kid Robo, every Monday at http://www.grayhavencomics.comImage
Marcdachamp
Pretender
Posts: 750
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby bobbyjack » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:27 am

I don't have any least favorite scenes. That movie had the longest running time for anything I have ever seen in the theatre and I didn't even notice. I wasn't ready for it to end and can't wait for the DVD release. I have heard two different dates, does anyone know a correct one?
bobbyjack
Mini-Con
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:35 am

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:33 am

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Marcdachamp wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:And the Wang bathroom scene is relevant. It's where he tells Sam about the Decepticons' work behind the scenes and gives him all that paperwork. Sam in turn uses it to convince Director Mearing to listen to him about the Decepticons. It might have been juvenile, but it was relevant.


It's not that the scene isn't relevant, it's just way more over-the-top than it needed to be.


I agree with it being over-the-top. But it's Bayhumor. Could have been a lot worse. I was just responding to someone else posting that it was totally unnecessary. It wasn't.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15509
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Primus Chamber

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby Kn0ck0u7 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:47 am

Weapon: Sonic Rifle
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Marcdachamp wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:And the Wang bathroom scene is relevant. It's where he tells Sam about the Decepticons' work behind the scenes and gives him all that paperwork. Sam in turn uses it to convince Director Mearing to listen to him about the Decepticons. It might have been juvenile, but it was relevant.


It's not that the scene isn't relevant, it's just way more over-the-top than it needed to be.


I agree with it being over-the-top. But it's Bayhumor. Could have been a lot worse. I was just responding to someone else posting that it was totally unnecessary. It wasn't.


Yeah, it was over-the-top but it could have been a lot worse.
Kn0ck0u7
Micromaster
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:18 pm
Location: United States
Watch Kn0ck0u7 on YouTube

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby Dementian » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:26 pm

Motto: "Madness is the key to Victory"
Weapon: Dual Cluster Bomb Missile Launchers
Favourite - Possibly the Highway scene. Maybe also the Wingsuit scene or the scene where Sentinel activates the Pillars in DC.

Least Favourite - Anything with Jerry Wang in it.
User avatar
Dementian
Mini-Con
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:38 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby SlyTF1 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:28 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Favorite: Optimus coming in and killing all those Decepticons and Shockwave at the end.

Least Favorite: The opening Sam/Carly scene. The intro was freaking awesome, then they cut to crap after an epic title reveal.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4018
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:16 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Favorite: the highway chase
Least favorite: When Sam, Epps and the others were in Chicago. I'd much rather see the Autobots fighting their way through the city than watch a bunch of humans scurrying around and hiding.
Image
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
User avatar
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Posts: 2390
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:47 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby RatchetXHide » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Motto: ""You Break it, I Remake it." "High-Tech circuitry is no replacement for guts!""
Weapon: Cannon
Favorite: Probably the scene where Optimus Prime shows up and kills all those cons in the street. Followed by the scene of Optimus and Ratchet on the moon.

Least Favorite: Ironhide's death, Starscream's death (he shouldn't have died at the hands of humans), and Wheeljack/Que's death.
RatchetXHide
Mini-Con
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:27 am
Location: Ozark, AL
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby yingxuy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:44 pm

That movie has any I have ever seen in the theater, I did not even notice the longest running time. I'm not ready to end it, can not wait for the DVD release.
yingxuy
Mini-Con
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite DOTM Scene?

Postby RhA » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:39 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
yingxuy wrote:That movie has any I have ever seen in the theater, I did not even notice the longest running time. I'm not ready to end it, can not wait for the DVD release.


It's been released for quite some time.
Image
Latest TF: Energon Hotshot, Signal Flare & Strongarm.
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4104
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Underwhere
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014