Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Favorite Megaman game

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby Praxus Prime » Thu May 27, 2010 11:51 am

Motto: "Guitars aren't just good for playing music; they can also be used to beat people's brains out!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Yes, yes, YES!!!! I bought Mega Man Powered Up the other day, and when I got home, I realized something wonderful had happened. I now own every Mega Man game known to man! :D
Yeah, I know I'm a Mega Man nut, but I don't care. Legends 2 is the best game ever, and I refuse to change my mind. Just in case anyone's wondering, it took me about 9 years to get 'em all.

Megaman 1-10
Megaman X-X8
Megaman Command mission
Maverick Hunter X
Powered Up
Power Fighters 1-2
Megaman Legends 1-2


OH CRUD!!! I DON'T HAVE MEGAMAN AND BASS!!! #-o :sad:
Off to ebay! :lol:
Image
User avatar
Praxus Prime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:20 pm
Location: East Ridge, TN
Watch Praxus Prime on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby Duke of Luns » Thu May 27, 2010 2:19 pm

Praxus Prime wrote:Yes, yes, YES!!!! I bought Mega Man Powered Up the other day, and when I got home, I realized something wonderful had happened. I now own every Mega Man game known to man! :D
Yeah, I know I'm a Mega Man nut, but I don't care. Legends 2 is the best game ever, and I refuse to change my mind. Just in case anyone's wondering, it took me about 9 years to get 'em all.

Megaman 1-10
Megaman X-X8
Megaman Command mission
Maverick Hunter X
Powered Up
Power Fighters 1-2
Megaman Legends 1-2


OH CRUD!!! I DON'T HAVE MEGAMAN AND BASS!!! #-o :sad:
Off to ebay! :lol:


While I admire your enthusiasm, you still have a ways to go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mega_Man_games

However, it does all depend on how exactly you categorize your MM collection. With the exception of MM V on the Game Boy(which had all new bosses), I-IV and MM Extreme 1&2(MMX on the GBC) are just remakes/downsized ports. There's also the Battle Network series, and Star Force, but I don't know anything about them, and one could just say "Eh, alterate Universe". Oh, and the Zero Series, but again, they might be spin-offs.

Your also forgetting MEGA MAN SOCCER!!!!!!

Image

I've played it on Emulator, not all that great.

Battle and Chase I assume you have on the MMX Collection(and if not, it's the only way to get it in the U.S.), and there's also another spin-off you might not know about. I've never played it, and don't know anything about it, but since you like MM Legends...

Image

Finally, Mega Man and Bass shouldn't be that expensive. I found my copy last year for $5 at Gamestop. I played through as MM, TOUGH GAME!! Glad I beat it though.
Image
Duke of Luns
Faction Commander
Posts: 4177
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:19 pm
Location: North Central West Virginia

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby Praxus Prime » Thu May 27, 2010 6:43 pm

Motto: "Guitars aren't just good for playing music; they can also be used to beat people's brains out!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Duke of Luns wrote:
Praxus Prime wrote:Yes, yes, YES!!!! I bought Mega Man Powered Up the other day, and when I got home, I realized something wonderful had happened. I now own every Mega Man game known to man! :D
Yeah, I know I'm a Mega Man nut, but I don't care. Legends 2 is the best game ever, and I refuse to change my mind. Just in case anyone's wondering, it took me about 9 years to get 'em all.

Megaman 1-10
Megaman X-X8
Megaman Command mission
Maverick Hunter X
Powered Up
Power Fighters 1-2
Megaman Legends 1-2


OH CRUD!!! I DON'T HAVE MEGAMAN AND BASS!!! #-o :sad:
Off to ebay! :lol:


While I admire your enthusiasm, you still have a ways to go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mega_Man_games

However, it does all depend on how exactly you categorize your MM collection. With the exception of MM V on the Game Boy(which had all new bosses), I-IV and MM Extreme 1&2(MMX on the GBC) are just remakes/downsized ports. There's also the Battle Network series, and Star Force, but I don't know anything about them, and one could just say "Eh, alterate Universe". Oh, and the Zero Series, but again, they might be spin-offs.

Your also forgetting MEGA MAN SOCCER!!!!!!

Image

I've played it on Emulator, not all that great.

Battle and Chase I assume you have on the MMX Collection(and if not, it's the only way to get it in the U.S.), and there's also another spin-off you might not know about. I've never played it, and don't know anything about it, but since you like MM Legends...

Image

Finally, Mega Man and Bass shouldn't be that expensive. I found my copy last year for $5 at Gamestop. I played through as MM, TOUGH GAME!! Glad I beat it though.


After I posted this I realized that I don't have all the battle network games either (starforce included). I DO have all the zero games however, save zx advent, but it's a bit of a spin-off like you say. Hm... Oh well. I'll scrounge around and pick up anything I can find. (btw, i do have rockman battle and chase on the x collection, i just haven't unlocked it yet). Guess I've got more to get than I thought! But like i said, i'm a megaman [Vol]nut and i'm bound to get 'em all soon!
Image
User avatar
Praxus Prime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:20 pm
Location: East Ridge, TN
Watch Praxus Prime on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby Praxus Prime » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:06 pm

Motto: "Guitars aren't just good for playing music; they can also be used to beat people's brains out!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Duke of Luns wrote:Finally, Mega Man and Bass shouldn't be that expensive. I found my copy last year for $5 at Gamestop. I played through as MM, TOUGH GAME!! Glad I beat it though.


Man, you were right about it being tough. It's not only tough, it's hard as crap! I bought it today, and haven't made it through any of the bosses (I'm playing as Bass, so Astro Man ain't such a wimp against his weak shots).
Image
User avatar
Praxus Prime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:20 pm
Location: East Ridge, TN
Watch Praxus Prime on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby Praxus Prime » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:18 am

Motto: "Guitars aren't just good for playing music; they can also be used to beat people's brains out!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Okay, I've been thinking... Capcom really needs to make a third Legends game. I know how the second one ends (haven't beaten it, but I've read about it), and it leaves the possibility for another entry in the series. Graphics-wise, I'd say it should be able to work with all systems (Tatsunoko vs. Capcom-ish quality, which is great for all), and as for controls, that wouldn't be a problem (nunchuck/gamecube/classic controller options for wii), as long as they stuck to a similar control scheme as before (The wii remote would obviously be different, but the pointer would be nice if they actually used it in a reasonable manner... unlike the 2007 movie game).
Image
User avatar
Praxus Prime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:20 pm
Location: East Ridge, TN
Watch Praxus Prime on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby joevill » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:38 am

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
The Happy Locust wrote:Tough call. I mean really touch call. But If I had to choose, it would either be Mega Man X or Mega Man 2. X just for the very well-presented reality and classic gameplay; MM2 simply because it did everything right.

Megaman X was my favorite!
Image
When eating planets alone isn't enough to satisfy the Chaos Bringer's hunger, Unicron comes to Earth to fill up on McDonald's. McDonald's golden arches will light our darkest hour (when the Chaos Bringer would not share) by clogging his arteries, raising his blood pressure, and giving him diabetes.
User avatar
joevill
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 575
News Credits: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Watch joevill on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby Neo Tallgeese » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:51 am

Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Faviorte Game: Mega Man 3- It's the first Mega Man I ever owned and it holds a soft spot for me

Favorite to Play: I think overall Mega Man X 2 is the most solid overall enjoyment for me to play. The bosses are really good and there's enough extra to make the game intresting without taking away from the overall game.

Favorite Character(s): Proto-man, Megaman (original), & Zero

Favorite Boss Characters:
Shadow Man (He's a ninja)
Tommohawk Man (He looks cool)
Tengu Man ("Feel My Power!")


Favorite Stage Music: :x Far too many to list. The Mega Man series has the best overall video game music of the genre. And OC remix has some really great mixes of them as well.

Glad to see there are other fans of the little blue hero out there. The Mega Man series of titles is my favorite right along side of Street Fighter series as my all time favorite video game series.
User avatar
Neo Tallgeese
Gestalt
Posts: 2304
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:53 am
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:08 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
I don't have too many Mega Man games, blame me living in Europe. In fact, I only own one of the original series: Mega Man & Bass (for the record, it's pronounced "base", not "bass" as in the fish). Is it really that hard compared to the rest? I started out with Bass, with Cold Man as the first boss. Mind you, I cheated a bit by looking up the bosses' weaknesses later in the game :P

I played the first 3 of the X series, and I seriously want 4 and 5. I know they're out for the PC (don't own a Playstation, my wife does, NTSC) but can never find either version... Anyway, X2 wins out big time. Great bosses, great music, great game. Anybody have one or both games from the Xtreme series for the GBC? Yes, they're the Game Boy do-overs for the X series. The second has mostly all new stages for the Mavericks. I have both and they're a nice snack ;)

Finally I'm gonna gloat and say I have both Complete Works books with art from the games :twisted:
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower and Wedge (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14769
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby Praxus Prime » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:57 pm

Motto: "Guitars aren't just good for playing music; they can also be used to beat people's brains out!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Neo Tallgeese wrote:Favorite Stage Music: :x Far too many to list. The Mega Man series has the best overall video game music of the genre. And OC remix has some really great mixes of them as well.


I completely agree. That's one of the reasons it's my favorite series. I have a TON of remixes (a bunch from OC) and original themes on my laptop. Believe it or not, I obtained these from some guy who worked at the funeral home when my grandpa died 6 years ago, and he saw that I had some Mega Man action figures with me and gave me a CD. By the way, have you ever heard the 'Mega Man 2' remix by the Minibosses?

And for J. Goldrabbit, X4 is extremely fun. First one I ever owned, and ya' gotta love playing as Zero in his own story, so I hope you find it soon, man! :D
Image
User avatar
Praxus Prime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:20 pm
Location: East Ridge, TN
Watch Praxus Prime on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:32 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Thanks, I'll need it. Silly question, but what are everyone's thoughts on X6 through X8? Do you consider them canon or not?
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower and Wedge (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14769
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby Praxus Prime » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:22 am

Motto: "Guitars aren't just good for playing music; they can also be used to beat people's brains out!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
I know that the creator didn't authorize the 3 games, as five was supposed to be the last, but I do believe it's canon. As for the games themselves, 7 and 8 weren't quite as good. They were good, but now awesome like the others.
Image
User avatar
Praxus Prime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:20 pm
Location: East Ridge, TN
Watch Praxus Prime on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:21 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Praxus Prime wrote:I know that the creator didn't authorize the 3 games, as five was supposed to be the last, but I do believe it's canon. As for the games themselves, 7 and 8 weren't quite as good. They were good, but now awesome like the others.


Indeed, Inafune intend X5 to be the last. But you know Capcom.

O well, I guess I'll keep looking for X4 and X5 for now, as well as all of the original series (whose idea was it not release MM6 and 7, X2 and X3 in Europe?!)
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower and Wedge (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14769
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby Praxus Prime » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:26 pm

Motto: "Guitars aren't just good for playing music; they can also be used to beat people's brains out!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
I found these on OC Remix just a minute ago, and figured I'd post them hear to share with anyone interested. Well, enjoy!

Zero's theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm8grQ90Btc

X4- X's opening stage theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOeVG_BFC1g
Image
User avatar
Praxus Prime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:20 pm
Location: East Ridge, TN
Watch Praxus Prime on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby Praxus Prime » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:01 am

Motto: "Guitars aren't just good for playing music; they can also be used to beat people's brains out!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
This really doesn't have much to do with the GAMES, but has anyone here ever seen the Star Force Tribe japanese tv series? I've been watching them on youtube lately and they're really good.
Image
User avatar
Praxus Prime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:20 pm
Location: East Ridge, TN
Watch Praxus Prime on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby Shadowman » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:52 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Praxus Prime wrote:I DO have all the zero games however, save zx advent, but it's a bit of a spin-off like you say.


ZX Advent isn't part of the Zero Series, it's part of the ZX series. It continues from the Zero series, but that doesn't mean it's part of the Zero series. The same way the Zero series isn't part of X, and X isn't part of Classic.

X has to be my favorite series, and I think either X8 or MHX is my favorite. I like the Zero series as well; X was meant to be darker and edgier, which it succeeded in, and Zero somehow managed to be darker and edgier than X.

As for Legends, I remember playing the Nintendo 64 version, but never actually doing anything but running around towards no place in particular. I wonder if they'll release the Legends games on the PlayStation Store?

And for that Mega Man movie, I thought you were talking about that fan-made trailer thing. I did not realize you were talking about a freaking feature length (Still fan-made) movie.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby Praxus Prime » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:24 am

Motto: "Guitars aren't just good for playing music; they can also be used to beat people's brains out!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Yeah, I know it's not part of the Zero series, but I guess I was just thinking of it that way when I posted it because I was kinda hyped up. Hahaha, but like I said, Legends is really good, but I've heard it's worse on N64. Try the ps1 version, and 2 is better than 1.
Image
User avatar
Praxus Prime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:20 pm
Location: East Ridge, TN
Watch Praxus Prime on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:43 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Shadowman wrote:And for that Mega Man movie, I thought you were talking about that fan-made trailer thing. I did not realize you were talking about a freaking feature length (Still fan-made) movie.


Actually, there's a Japanese OVA of Mega Man. Look for Rockman: Hoshi Ni Negai Wo or Mega Man: Upon a Star. Made by Capcom if I may add and only 3 episodes long.

Each series has its strengths, but I did spot a trend on who makes the game. Mega Man games by Capcom proper (the original and X series) focus on the action aspect, with minor overall story development. The ones by Inti Creates (Zero and ZX) have heavy stories that develop as you progress further into the games. What would you guys prefer?

Speaking of which, I wonder if they'll make a game series that'll bridge the gap between the X and Zero series, and what game they'll use as a starting point: X5 or X8 (or maybe even Command Mission).
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower and Wedge (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14769
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby Shadowman » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:30 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Speaking of which, I wonder if they'll make a game series that'll bridge the gap between the X and Zero series, and what game they'll use as a starting point: X5 or X8 (or maybe even Command Mission).


Well, the Elf Wars happened AFTER Command Mission, so I guess they'd use that.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby Praxus Prime » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:18 pm

Motto: "Guitars aren't just good for playing music; they can also be used to beat people's brains out!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Shadowman wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Speaking of which, I wonder if they'll make a game series that'll bridge the gap between the X and Zero series, and what game they'll use as a starting point: X5 or X8 (or maybe even Command Mission).


Well, the Elf Wars happened AFTER Command Mission, so I guess they'd use that.


I'm not sure about how Command Mission ends, but isn't it Zero going into a hibernation chamber? (I know it's not much of a spoiler for anyone, but still...)
I'd also like to see a bridge between the classic series and the X games.
AND Legends and ZX.
Shoot, I'd like to see a bridge between ALL of 'em, as well as in Zelda too.
Image
User avatar
Praxus Prime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:20 pm
Location: East Ridge, TN
Watch Praxus Prime on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby Shadowman » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:55 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Praxus Prime wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Speaking of which, I wonder if they'll make a game series that'll bridge the gap between the X and Zero series, and what game they'll use as a starting point: X5 or X8 (or maybe even Command Mission).


Well, the Elf Wars happened AFTER Command Mission, so I guess they'd use that.


I'm not sure about how Command Mission ends, but isn't it Zero going into a hibernation chamber? (I know it's not much of a spoiler for anyone, but still...)


Nope. I never beat it either, but as far as I know, life just goes on as usual. Zero didn't seal himself until AFTER the Elf Wars, anyway, and that occurred after Command Mission.

Praxus Prime wrote:I'd also like to see a bridge between the classic series and the X games.
AND Legends and ZX.


I always held the belief that Dr. Wily learned about X and planned to out-do Dr. Light, but as soon as he activated Zero, Zero went berserk, killed Wily, then the rest of the cast died sealing him away. This led Dr. Light to seal X with a diagnostics program to prevent this from happening.

Then it turns out that was wrong and Wily just sealed Zero away because Zero was even more of a disobedient jerk than Bass.

Also, I remember reading somewhere that X had been built some time between Mega Man 8 and 9.

Praxus Prime wrote:Shoot, I'd like to see a bridge between ALL of 'em, as well as in Zelda too.


Zelda is tricky. The crafty player CAN weave parallels between the games, but it's still debatable. Miyamoto has also been reluctant to connect the games, apparently wanting to keep the player more focused on the task at hand (This damned water temple!) and less on trying to connect the dots. The only official connections we have are that Ocarina of Time comes first chronologically, Majora's Mask is immediately after that, and that Twilight Princess is a century or so after that.

Mega Man is easier, we know what takes place and when, we just don't know the specifics on most of what happened between.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:03 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Well, you wanna be precise with the events, so here's the timeline, as desrcibed by Mega Man Zero: Official Complete Works. May contain spoilers:

- Zero goes into stasis
- Mother Elf, which was used to defeat the Sigma Virus, is cursed, turning her into Dark Elf
- Weil instigates the Elf Wars, with Dark Elf and Omega, who uses Zero's original body.
- Zero is reawakened, in a new body and together with X end the Elf Wars
- Zero goes into stasis once more in the Forgotten Labratory
- X founds Neo Arcadia
- X disappears (presumably when he uses his body to seal away half of Dark Elf)
- Ciel creates Copy-X
- Neo Arcadia faces a critical energy shortage, and the oppression of Reploids begins (I like to think this is where Copy-X goes "Maverick")

As for Zelda, there are two official overall timelines as confirmed by Eiji Aonuma, starting from OoT:

- Adult Timeline, which leads into Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks
- Child Timeline, which leads into Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess.

The Adult Timeline is simply the main timeline continued, only with Link disappearing from Hyrule. This is referenced in the introduction of The Wind Waker. The Child Timeline is the one that split off, with Link warning about Ganondorf and his plans, which leads to Ganondorf's (botched) execution by the Sages in Twilight Princess.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower and Wedge (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14769
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby Shadowman » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:25 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Well, you wanna be precise with the events, so here's the timeline, as desrcibed by Mega Man Zero: Official Complete Works. May contain spoilers:

- Zero goes into stasis
- Mother Elf, which was used to defeat the Sigma Virus, is cursed, turning her into Dark Elf
- Weil instigates the Elf Wars, with Dark Elf and Omega, who uses Zero's original body.
- Zero is reawakened, in a new body and together with X end the Elf Wars
- Zero goes into stasis once more in the Forgotten Labratory
- X founds Neo Arcadia
- X disappears (presumably when he uses his body to seal away half of Dark Elf)
- Ciel creates Copy-X
- Neo Arcadia faces a critical energy shortage, and the oppression of Reploids begins (I like to think this is where Copy-X goes "Maverick")


because there was no Maverick Virus, which forces change, Copy X was simply rampant, (Different series, in know, but it's still applicable) which is a more natural change. The bosses in Zero 1, 2 and 4 were all just following orders, and the bosses in Zero 3 were being controlled by Weil's use of the Dark Elf.

EDIT: Ugh, I edited this once, then I edited it again because it occurred to me "Maverick" is technically the same as "Rampant." Reploids could become Maverick anyway, the virus just sped up the process. I really need to read more before I post.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby Praxus Prime » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:15 pm

Motto: "Guitars aren't just good for playing music; they can also be used to beat people's brains out!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Well, I beat the Starforce series last night, so what're everyone else's thoughts on the trilogy? I personally like them, more-so than battle network.
Image
User avatar
Praxus Prime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:20 pm
Location: East Ridge, TN
Watch Praxus Prime on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby Duke of Luns » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:58 am

I got the Zero Collection for the DS a couple weeks ago, and is it just me or...

Are these games BRUTAL? Seriously, they are hard to the core. I beat the first one, and working on the second, which is both easier(unlimited continues, Sub-tanks that don't require Elf Sacrafices), and harder at the same time(level design, boss patterns, rank matters).

For the record, I don't use Elves, and I do not use the Easy Scenario.

Other than that, fun fun games. :D
Image
Duke of Luns
Faction Commander
Posts: 4177
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:19 pm
Location: North Central West Virginia

Re: Favorite Megaman game

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:10 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Duke of Luns wrote:I got the Zero Collection for the DS a couple weeks ago, and is it just me or...

Are these games BRUTAL? Seriously, they are hard to the core. I beat the first one, and working on the second, which is both easier(unlimited continues, Sub-tanks that don't require Elf Sacrafices), and harder at the same time(level design, boss patterns, rank matters).

For the record, I don't use Elves, and I do not use the Easy Scenario.

Other than that, fun fun games. :D


You're like me then. One tip: instead of weapon weaknesses, the bosses in Zero have elemental weaknesses: Fire, Lightning or Ice. It's a game of Rock Paper Scissors basically:

Fire beats Ice
Ice beat Lightning
Lightning beats Ice

Oddly, Anubis Necromances III and V, and Maha Ganesharif don't follow that rule. Anubis is weak against Fire in Zero 1 and Ice in Zero 3, and Maha is weak against Lightning.

I really enjoyed the Zero series for its storylines, and hope the ZX series would continue already!
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower and Wedge (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14769
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014