Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:43 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Dead Metal wrote:
Zeek99g wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mykltron wrote:But why Megatron? Isn't there a law that states that after Optimus the second release must be Bumblebee?
Well, this is UM-03. We don't yet know what UM-02 is.

UM-02 is Bumblebee.

It might be the giant Unicron head they showed at Tokyo Toyshow (was it Tokyo Toyshow).
Wonderfest 2014
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16288
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:45 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Zeek99g wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mykltron wrote:But why Megatron? Isn't there a law that states that after Optimus the second release must be Bumblebee?
Well, this is UM-03. We don't yet know what UM-02 is.

UM-02 is Bumblebee.

It might be the giant Unicron head they showed at Tokyo Toyshow (was it Tokyo Toyshow).
Wonderfest 2014

Ok Wonderfest, wasn't sure anymore.

Anyone else think it's actually kinda lazy that it's a remold of Prime?
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13677
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby T-Macksimus » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:18 pm

It's a mess. There truly is such a thing as too much detail and this is proof. Personally, with the obscene price-tags for these things I'm surprised they made it to UM-03. There is no way they could have actually made a profit on UM-01 & 02 with prices that close to a grand for something like these. I simply cannot fathom there being enough fans out there willing to pay that much for a statue with a gimmick or two. Yes, they are very well done, I cannot argue that. Yes they far exceed the level of detail of the MP's (too much so in the case of UM-03) but I just don't see the market being out there for these things. The only ones who can afford to start collecting these are the uber-geeks with way too much money and no girlfriend or spouse and typically the uber-geeks who DO have that kind of expendable income spend it on trying to GET a girlfriend or spouse or at least a high quality, inflatable substitute.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
Posts: 2243
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:49 pm
Location: I'm In The Witless Relocation Program

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
T-Macksimus wrote:It's a mess. There truly is such a thing as too much detail and this is proof. Personally, with the obscene price-tags for these things I'm surprised they made it to UM-03. There is no way they could have actually made a profit on UM-01 & 02 with prices that close to a grand for something like these. I simply cannot fathom there being enough fans out there willing to pay that much for a statue with a gimmick or two. Yes, they are very well done, I cannot argue that. Yes they far exceed the level of detail of the MP's (too much so in the case of UM-03) but I just don't see the market being out there for these things. The only ones who can afford to start collecting these are the uber-geeks with way too much money and no girlfriend or spouse and typically the uber-geeks who DO have that kind of expendable income spend it on trying to GET a girlfriend or spouse or at least a high quality, inflatable substitute.

There is a market for these, and they are not statues, they are highly pose-able action figures.
These are just the TF entries in a very successful and collectable line of Japanese action figures, and from what I've seen they actually go up in value, so there are plenty of people out there who actually do buy these, otherwise we wouldn't have 3 TF based ones.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13677
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby Darkangelstear » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:12 pm

Motto: "Worrying never changed anything, Half of what you worry about never happens,& the other half you can't do anything about!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
OMG.. This is what I hope we get for MP Megs V2. :BOWDOWN:
User avatar
Darkangelstear
Mini-Con
Posts: 15
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:32 pm
Location: Florida
Buy from Darkangelstear on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby padfoo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:37 pm

Weapon: Concussion Cannon
Emerje wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:The way MP-05's face should look like.


The face alone doesn't look much better IMO. Looks like a scowling Derek Zoolander to me. The overall head, however, is much better.

Emerje

It'll completely different once painted and Megatron,s giant unibrow is a solid black slab.
User avatar
padfoo
Minibot
Posts: 127
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 9:47 am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: N/A

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby Mykltron » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:07 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
I've found the inspiration for Megatron's face:

Image
Image

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 29th November

TFs for sale (TFA, Classics, Movie, PCC)
User avatar
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6074
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:43 am
Location: Nearby. Watching.

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby shajaki » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:40 am

Motto: "a man who wants nothing is invincible."
Dead Metal wrote:This looks pretty awesome, won't be getting it since I don't have the money to spend on this or the Optimus, if I did I wouldn't even try to resist.

But, I think this isn't even a proper prototype, more a concept layout or something. Look at it, it's just the Optimus Prime with a Megatron shell on it. The feet, elbows and hands are exactly the same, and you can even see the Optimus Prime figure under the parts in some places, like the sleeves, elbows, feet, knees, and chest!

i didnt study the pics of either ultimetal figure.. but if thats true it is a huge slap in the face. for the price these command every figure in the line should be a brand new sculpt.

i know theres a lot of hate for non-transforming transformers out there (which i dont fully understand) but these, i have to agree simply because of the price. they should do more. they just should for that money.

but for those who want a kickass looking G1 megs, why not just wait for the eventual MP version 2? we all know it HAS to happen cause of the rescaling of the line. even if its years from now, we'll get one.
Image
currently seeking:
-ehobby reissue ramjet & thrust
-beast wars returns strika BR-13
-henkei dinobot MISB
-botcon 2006 beast wars tigatron, megatron, waspinator
User avatar
shajaki
Targetmaster
Posts: 695
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: edmonton alberta CA
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby 2old4toys » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:18 pm

I saw this UM-03 over the weekend and it was phenominal both in scale and detail.
The UM01 looks too similar to MP01 (testiment to how good that Optimus was). This UM03 is a physical G1 Megatron the likes of which I personally have never seen before. For those hardcore fans with lots of expendible income... this is a very impressive piece. No need to compromise with transformation.

2old4toys
Mini-Con
Posts: 1
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:06 pm
Watch 2old4toys on YouTube

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby Mykltron » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:25 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
shajaki wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:This looks pretty awesome, won't be getting it since I don't have the money to spend on this or the Optimus, if I did I wouldn't even try to resist.

But, I think this isn't even a proper prototype, more a concept layout or something. Look at it, it's just the Optimus Prime with a Megatron shell on it. The feet, elbows and hands are exactly the same, and you can even see the Optimus Prime figure under the parts in some places, like the sleeves, elbows, feet, knees, and chest!

i didnt study the pics of either ultimetal figure.. but if thats true it is a huge slap in the face. for the price these command every figure in the line should be a brand new sculpt.

i know theres a lot of hate for non-transforming transformers out there (which i dont fully understand) but these, i have to agree simply because of the price. they should do more. they just should for that money.


But then it is just a humanoid figure with different armour. If it doesn't transform it really doesn't NEED different engineering. They SHOULD change the details of course.
Image

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 29th November

TFs for sale (TFA, Classics, Movie, PCC)
User avatar
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6074
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:43 am
Location: Nearby. Watching.

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:03 am

Motto: "Execution of all life is not the road to conquest."
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
What a waste. A large Megatron who doesn't transform isn't in my to-get list. Definitely not worth my time, so pass for me. =;
User avatar
OptimalOptimus2
Fuzor
Posts: 278
News Credits: 9
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:49 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby AutoBorst » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:24 am

Doesn't look that good with all the technical lines and panels they put into his armor.
AutoBorst
Micromaster
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:18 am

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby DeadCaL » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:08 pm

Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Looks very nice apart from the Anime pouty pout. Looks like he's got a tiny head wearing a bucket.
Me Love Grimlock Superdeformed Dinobot Fun

Image
DeadCaL
Micromaster
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:15 am
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby El Duque » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:27 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Thanks to our own Seibertron.com member 2old4toys and HK-TF user 人仔貓 we both video and additional images of Fewture's recently revealed Ultimetal UM-03 Megatron prototype. Check out the embedded video and images mirrored below.


2old4toys wrote:I saw this UM-03 over the weekend and it was phenominal both in scale and detail.
The UM01 looks too similar to MP01 (testiment to how good that Optimus was). This UM03 is a physical G1 Megatron the likes of which I personally have never seen before. For those hardcore fans with lots of expendible income... this is a very impressive piece. No need to compromise with transformation.



Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
El Duque
News Admin
Posts: 9881
News Credits: 88
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby Dead Metal » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:59 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
It's so pretty. :x
The sculpting on this is just superb.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13677
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby Zeek99g » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:35 pm

Motto: ""Courage? What's Courage?""
Weapon: Accelerator Rifle
The detail! :x :x
It is too much for me! :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
T-Macksimus, You owe Burn his Titan Class Metroplex.
Zeek99g
Micromaster
Posts: 52
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in the UK
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby Henry921 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:08 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
If I had $800 lying around that would be so very bought.
User avatar
Henry921
Headmaster
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby padfoo » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:21 pm

Weapon: Concussion Cannon
I would buy it for half that price. Eight hundred dollars is a bit much, none the less it's an amazing figure.
User avatar
padfoo
Minibot
Posts: 127
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 9:47 am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: N/A

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby Shockwave7 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:24 pm

Sigh... well, I can't deny that I want one of these. But $800? Yowch.
Shockwave7
Minibot
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:55 am

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby T-Macksimus » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:32 pm

Ok, I'll say this much for the guys that make this: That is a crazy good job on the detail and the articulation must just be mind-blowing. I can see why they are asking so much. It does look remarkably sturdy/well-built.

I don't know if I would go so far as to pay $800.00 dollars for a non-transforming Transformer myself, even if it is practically museum quality work. And while the detail is mind-blowing... it's just too "busy" Too much detail in my opinion but everyone else is going nuts over it so I'll just chalk that up to my own personal pickiness.
The only major issue I have is that expression. It looks like he's trying to pass an Energon cube...WHOLE! And not some piddly one either, I'm talking the ones Soundwave pumps out of his chest in the G1 cartoon.

Other than that, amazing job! Can't wait to see the full color version.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
Posts: 2243
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:49 pm
Location: I'm In The Witless Relocation Program

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby Mindmaster » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:17 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I like him. But not enough to justify the cost. [-(

But if they made Starscream, I would absolutely flip balls. :x
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5512
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby Mykltron » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:06 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
T-Macksimus wrote:the articulation must just be mind-blowing.


It's not. Unless the shoulders can be pulled out then they have about as much poseability as the MP Megatron. No pictures I've seen of UM-01 show anything more than just standing. Revoltech go all-out on showing off the poseability of their figures but these guys are glossing over that.
Image

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 29th November

TFs for sale (TFA, Classics, Movie, PCC)
User avatar
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6074
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:43 am
Location: Nearby. Watching.

Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:40 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Mykltron wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:the articulation must just be mind-blowing.


It's not. Unless the shoulders can be pulled out then they have about as much poseability as the MP Megatron. No pictures I've seen of UM-01 show anything more than just standing. Revoltech go all-out on showing off the poseability of their figures but these guys are glossing over that.

This made me curious, so I'm currently checking some of their previous stuff, and so far, it looks like they use similar shoulder joints to the MP Primes.
But it seems like they only go that route if it doesn't "break" the look of the design. There are robots there that can only raise their arms as high as Megatron in these pics here while there are others that are more organic in design who allow for greater freedom. So it seems to be decided upon what the limit is till it stops looking cool.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13677
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014