Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Moderators: Supreme Convoy, robofreak, Seibertron, Counterpunch

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby shockblast2 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:35 pm

Weapon: Energon Crossbow
SlyTF1 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:Really? This is Drift? This is insulting to our intelligence. Does Bay really think it is plausible that an HIGHLY advanced alien is going to take the physical form of a 1000 year old warrior from a lesser civilization who fights with a sword? Oh come on now. That is just outright stupid, let alone the actual look of this thing. It looks like the Japanese robot in Real Steel. Fine for that movie. Ridiculous for this one......


No one complained when Bludgeon was a samurai. No one complained when Prowl was a samurai in Animated. Why complain now that Bay decides to make a samurai TF? Your logic is flawed.




Silly statement to make. First of all I am not "no one" neither is anyone else. That statement you made is akin to someone thinking their personal opinion is gospel. And you are wrong simply because even if everyone else on God's green earth didn't complain I did. Yes, I thought that Bludgeon right there was one of the stupidest looking transformers to ever be created. Even its repaint name of Banzaitron is silly. I mean look at it! It has a damn skull for a face! Has Skeletor passed over to the TF franchise and become a transformer? Really? Whats his name Skeletron? Again, dumbing down.....

And animated Prowl doesn't ascetically look like a samurai. At least when he is not dressed like one.... :)

Your logic is silly.
Last edited by shockblast2 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Anti-Nerdrage Coalition President
"I am not just the founder, but also its first client"

Image
shockblast2
Vehicon
Posts: 303
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:23 am

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby MINDVVIPE » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:37 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
EagleTron wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
EagleTron wrote:The last drift figure was a samurai and the last Bludgeon figure was a samurai and Prowl is a ninja which is totally different from a Samurai. These live action movie/bay haters should just imo say their comments/ hate opinions and leave out trying to say facts. Because those two things don't mix. And if you think that the Dinobots will be safe from Mr. Bay and company take on what they want transformers figure to be like, U R wrong :lol:


Image


Everybody but you knows that Prowl was Ninja and that pic is with him with just samurai armor. If I put on samurai armor would that make me a Dedicated serve or parish Samurai, No.

nnnNERDS!! :P I just feel like Bludgeon has been a Samurai looking robot for ages, or at least had that pretender form to give him some leway. And animated prowl put on Samurai armour. Other than his armour, he never even looked like a ninja. Now, we get Drift who looks EXTREMLY samurai to the point where its almost organic, which is bays style. Its just too Samurai.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2244
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby njb902 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:41 pm

shockblast2 wrote:
njb902 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:Really? This is Drift? This is insulting to our intelligence. Does Bay really think it is plausible that an HIGHLY advanced alien is going to take the physical form of a 1000 year old warrior from a lesser civilization who fights with a sword? Oh come on now. That is just outright stupid, let alone the actual look of this thing. It looks like the Japanese robot in Real Steel. Fine for that movie. Ridiculous for this one......

Is Hound going to be decked out in swat gear too? Is he going to use bullets rather than lazer tech against metal robots? This is almost comical if not sad that Bay and co are yet again dumbing down the TF franchise.

Surely he didn't screw up the Dinobots, the only thing I am buying from this toyline. From the way it is going, Grimlock is going to be the cybertronian representation of Barney.


Have you ever watched or read any Transformers media? It's about a group of beings who mimic things. I'm thinking you really haven't watched any of the movies, all of them have projectile weapons used by Cybertronains(even the 80's animated movie).



The movies are the only media that incorporates bullets being used by TF's and that is one of the reasons why the movies are ridiculous. Eye candy, but still totally unrealistic, even for a story about transforming robots from a planet far away.


Why is it "unrealistic"?
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:45 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
MINDVVIPE wrote:Now, we get Drift who looks EXTREMLY samurai to the point where its almost organic, which is bays style. Its just too Samurai.
Again, the reason this pic looks so organic is because it is a Halloween costume.

Compare this:
Image

To this:
Image
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14804
News Credits: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby njb902 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:58 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Now, we get Drift who looks EXTREMLY samurai to the point where its almost organic, which is bays style. Its just too Samurai.
Again, the reason this pic looks so organic is because it is a Halloween costume.

Compare this:
Image

To this:
Image


Kinda looks like a yellow guyver.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby partholon » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:23 pm

missed opertunity to do bludgeon IMO.
partholon
Brainmaster
Posts: 1387
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:19 pm

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby shockblast2 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:25 pm

Weapon: Energon Crossbow
njb902 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
njb902 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:Really? This is Drift? This is insulting to our intelligence. Does Bay really think it is plausible that an HIGHLY advanced alien is going to take the physical form of a 1000 year old warrior from a lesser civilization who fights with a sword? Oh come on now. That is just outright stupid, let alone the actual look of this thing. It looks like the Japanese robot in Real Steel. Fine for that movie. Ridiculous for this one......

Is Hound going to be decked out in swat gear too? Is he going to use bullets rather than lazer tech against metal robots? This is almost comical if not sad that Bay and co are yet again dumbing down the TF franchise.

Surely he didn't screw up the Dinobots, the only thing I am buying from this toyline. From the way it is going, Grimlock is going to be the cybertronian representation of Barney.


Have you ever watched or read any Transformers media? It's about a group of beings who mimic things. I'm thinking you really haven't watched any of the movies, all of them have projectile weapons used by Cybertronains(even the 80's animated movie).



The movies are the only media that incorporates bullets being used by TF's and that is one of the reasons why the movies are ridiculous. Eye candy, but still totally unrealistic, even for a story about transforming robots from a planet far away.


Why is it "unrealistic"?



For obvious reasons. That is like someone trying to make a bullet out of meat and use it against you. Think about it.
Anti-Nerdrage Coalition President
"I am not just the founder, but also its first client"

Image
shockblast2
Vehicon
Posts: 303
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:23 am

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby Optimizzy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:37 pm

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Sabreblade wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:If it actually changes into an alt mode I will be impressed with it. It looks like its just an action figure though.
This pic is of a Halloween costume.



Lol! So it is. My mistake. :)
Optimizzy
Minibot
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:43 pm
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 2
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby njb902 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:41 pm

shockblast2 wrote:
njb902 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
njb902 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:Really? This is Drift? This is insulting to our intelligence. Does Bay really think it is plausible that an HIGHLY advanced alien is going to take the physical form of a 1000 year old warrior from a lesser civilization who fights with a sword? Oh come on now. That is just outright stupid, let alone the actual look of this thing. It looks like the Japanese robot in Real Steel. Fine for that movie. Ridiculous for this one......

Is Hound going to be decked out in swat gear too? Is he going to use bullets rather than lazer tech against metal robots? This is almost comical if not sad that Bay and co are yet again dumbing down the TF franchise.

Surely he didn't screw up the Dinobots, the only thing I am buying from this toyline. From the way it is going, Grimlock is going to be the cybertronian representation of Barney.


Have you ever watched or read any Transformers media? It's about a group of beings who mimic things. I'm thinking you really haven't watched any of the movies, all of them have projectile weapons used by Cybertronains(even the 80's animated movie).



The movies are the only media that incorporates bullets being used by TF's and that is one of the reasons why the movies are ridiculous. Eye candy, but still totally unrealistic, even for a story about transforming robots from a planet far away.


Why is it "unrealistic"?



For obvious reasons. That is like someone trying to make a bullet out of meat and use it against you. Think about it.


For starters that's asinine, you can't make a bullet out of meat. if metal can't harm metal why do we arm tanks, planes, and ships with guns? If like can't hurt like why do martial arts exist?
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby Optimizzy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:50 pm

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
njb902 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
njb902 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
njb902 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:Really? This is Drift? This is insulting to our intelligence. Does Bay really think it is plausible that an HIGHLY advanced alien is going to take the physical form of a 1000 year old warrior from a lesser civilization who fights with a sword? Oh come on now. That is just outright stupid, let alone the actual look of this thing. It looks like the Japanese robot in Real Steel. Fine for that movie. Ridiculous for this one......

Is Hound going to be decked out in swat gear too? Is he going to use bullets rather than lazer tech against metal robots? This is almost comical if not sad that Bay and co are yet again dumbing down the TF franchise.

Surely he didn't screw up the Dinobots, the only thing I am buying from this toyline. From the way it is going, Grimlock is going to be the cybertronian representation of Barney.


Have you ever watched or read any Transformers media? It's about a group of beings who mimic things. I'm thinking you really haven't watched any of the movies, all of them have projectile weapons used by Cybertronains(even the 80's animated movie).



The movies are the only media that incorporates bullets being used by TF's and that is one of the reasons why the movies are ridiculous. Eye candy, but still totally unrealistic, even for a story about transforming robots from a planet far away.


Why is it "unrealistic"?



For obvious reasons. That is like someone trying to make a bullet out of meat and use it against you. Think about it.


For starters that's asinine, you can't make a bullet out of meat. if metal can't harm metal why do we arm tanks, planes, and ships with guns? If like can't hurt like why do martial arts exist?



Since many of the movie transformers have guns that actually grow out of them, the ammo is likely to also be a part of them. That seems a little strange to me and it did when I watched the movies. If they carried weapons with them it makes more sense...but yeah. That kinda is like hurling loogies at each other. It doesn't make sense in that regard.

However, I think kinetic damage is far more effective than thermal damage, especially to metal. So I'd say that projectile weapons would probably be realistic, but only on weapons carried and not "grown."
Optimizzy
Minibot
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:43 pm
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 2
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby MaverickPrime » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:54 pm

Motto: "I hate war, but that doesn´t mean I can´t sweep the floor with you"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
While I've always had issues with the directing and story of Bayformers, I've always liked the designs(some more, some less) but this...I absolutely HATE the face! Not the head, the helmet is ok, but the FACE! It's extremely human looking! I don't have anything against the samurai look, I love Drift, Bludgeon and TFA Prowl and how they pulled it off(even with samurai helmets like this one) but Prowl still had a cybertronian face, and while Bludgeon had a very organic-looking skull, he was a Pretender, he WAS meant to! Since the first movie, they've given us the "They look weird because they're aliens" bullshit and yet they keep humanizing them! I hate that kind of inconsistency. So far, I must say that I don't like the new designs, they've taken the Bay designs up to eleven and I don't like the way this is headed, because they don't look transformable anymore, which will make the toys suffer, they'll either be very inaccurate, or have very cheaty transformations or be extreme shellformers, just like Optimus looks so far.
I really, really hope they make me eat my words, I really do.
User avatar
MaverickPrime
Micromaster
Posts: 54
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:15 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: Infinity

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby njb902 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:58 pm

Optimizzy wrote:
njb902 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
njb902 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
njb902 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:Really? This is Drift? This is insulting to our intelligence. Does Bay really think it is plausible that an HIGHLY advanced alien is going to take the physical form of a 1000 year old warrior from a lesser civilization who fights with a sword? Oh come on now. That is just outright stupid, let alone the actual look of this thing. It looks like the Japanese robot in Real Steel. Fine for that movie. Ridiculous for this one......

Is Hound going to be decked out in swat gear too? Is he going to use bullets rather than lazer tech against metal robots? This is almost comical if not sad that Bay and co are yet again dumbing down the TF franchise.

Surely he didn't screw up the Dinobots, the only thing I am buying from this toyline. From the way it is going, Grimlock is going to be the cybertronian representation of Barney.


Have you ever watched or read any Transformers media? It's about a group of beings who mimic things. I'm thinking you really haven't watched any of the movies, all of them have projectile weapons used by Cybertronains(even the 80's animated movie).



The movies are the only media that incorporates bullets being used by TF's and that is one of the reasons why the movies are ridiculous. Eye candy, but still totally unrealistic, even for a story about transforming robots from a planet far away.


Why is it "unrealistic"?



For obvious reasons. That is like someone trying to make a bullet out of meat and use it against you. Think about it.


For starters that's asinine, you can't make a bullet out of meat. if metal can't harm metal why do we arm tanks, planes, and ships with guns? If like can't hurt like why do martial arts exist?



Since many of the movie transformers have guns that actually grow out of them, the ammo is likely to also be a part of them. That seems a little strange to me and it did when I watched the movies. If they carried weapons with them it makes more sense...but yeah. That kinda is like hurling loogies at each other. It doesn't make sense in that regard.

However, I think kinetic damage is far more effective than thermal damage, especially to metal. So I'd say that projectile weapons would probably be realistic, but only on weapons carried and not "grown."


Well take Bumblebee's plasma cannon. If it does indeed fire plasma of some kind, I would imagine it would be very effective at damaging metal. Just look up what a tank round actually does when it hits something.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby Optimizzy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
njb902 wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:
njb902 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
njb902 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
njb902 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:Really? This is Drift? This is insulting to our intelligence. Does Bay really think it is plausible that an HIGHLY advanced alien is going to take the physical form of a 1000 year old warrior from a lesser civilization who fights with a sword? Oh come on now. That is just outright stupid, let alone the actual look of this thing. It looks like the Japanese robot in Real Steel. Fine for that movie. Ridiculous for this one......

Is Hound going to be decked out in swat gear too? Is he going to use bullets rather than lazer tech against metal robots? This is almost comical if not sad that Bay and co are yet again dumbing down the TF franchise.

Surely he didn't screw up the Dinobots, the only thing I am buying from this toyline. From the way it is going, Grimlock is going to be the cybertronian representation of Barney.


Have you ever watched or read any Transformers media? It's about a group of beings who mimic things. I'm thinking you really haven't watched any of the movies, all of them have projectile weapons used by Cybertronains(even the 80's animated movie).



The movies are the only media that incorporates bullets being used by TF's and that is one of the reasons why the movies are ridiculous. Eye candy, but still totally unrealistic, even for a story about transforming robots from a planet far away.


Why is it "unrealistic"?



For obvious reasons. That is like someone trying to make a bullet out of meat and use it against you. Think about it.


For starters that's asinine, you can't make a bullet out of meat. if metal can't harm metal why do we arm tanks, planes, and ships with guns? If like can't hurt like why do martial arts exist?



Since many of the movie transformers have guns that actually grow out of them, the ammo is likely to also be a part of them. That seems a little strange to me and it did when I watched the movies. If they carried weapons with them it makes more sense...but yeah. That kinda is like hurling loogies at each other. It doesn't make sense in that regard.

However, I think kinetic damage is far more effective than thermal damage, especially to metal. So I'd say that projectile weapons would probably be realistic, but only on weapons carried and not "grown."


Well take Bumblebee's plasma cannon. If it does indeed fire plasma of some kind, I would imagine it would be very effective at damaging metal. Just look up what a tank round actually does when it hits something.


Yep. I think the problem is popular misunderstanding. Sci-fi stuff has always shown us laser weapons and we just naturally assumed that those weapons were the best. Projectile weapons can be pretty darn effective, even more so than I would think any weaponized laser would be.
Optimizzy
Minibot
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:43 pm
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 2
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby Burn » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Well it was human projectile weapons that did to damage in the first movie ...
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!
User avatar
Burn
HMW Moderator
Posts: 37706
News Credits: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:31 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
njb902 wrote:Kinda looks like a yellow guyver.
It's posts like this that make me wish we had a "Like!" for each post on this forum. ;)^

partholon wrote:missed opertunity to do bludgeon IMO.
They already did a Bludgeon in the ROTF toyline.

MaverickPrime wrote:While I've always had issues with the directing and story of Bayformers, I've always liked the designs(some more, some less) but this...I absolutely HATE the face! Not the head, the helmet is ok, but the FACE! It's extremely human looking! I don't have anything against the samurai look, I love Drift, Bludgeon and TFA Prowl and how they pulled it off(even with samurai helmets like this one) but Prowl still had a cybertronian face, and while Bludgeon had a very organic-looking skull, he was a Pretender, he WAS meant to! Since the first movie, they've given us the "They look weird because they're aliens" bullshit and yet they keep humanizing them! I hate that kind of inconsistency. So far, I must say that I don't like the new designs, they've taken the Bay designs up to eleven and I don't like the way this is headed, because they don't look transformable anymore, which will make the toys suffer, they'll either be very inaccurate, or have very cheaty transformations or be extreme shellformers, just like Optimus looks so far.
I really, really hope they make me eat my words, I really do.
You can tell what his face looks like through all that fuzzy pixelation? :???: :shock:
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14804
News Credits: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby shockblast2 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:02 pm

Weapon: Energon Crossbow
njb902 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
njb902 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
njb902 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:Really? This is Drift? This is insulting to our intelligence. Does Bay really think it is plausible that an HIGHLY advanced alien is going to take the physical form of a 1000 year old warrior from a lesser civilization who fights with a sword? Oh come on now. That is just outright stupid, let alone the actual look of this thing. It looks like the Japanese robot in Real Steel. Fine for that movie. Ridiculous for this one......

Is Hound going to be decked out in swat gear too? Is he going to use bullets rather than lazer tech against metal robots? This is almost comical if not sad that Bay and co are yet again dumbing down the TF franchise.

Surely he didn't screw up the Dinobots, the only thing I am buying from this toyline. From the way it is going, Grimlock is going to be the cybertronian representation of Barney.


Have you ever watched or read any Transformers media? It's about a group of beings who mimic things. I'm thinking you really haven't watched any of the movies, all of them have projectile weapons used by Cybertronains(even the 80's animated movie).



The movies are the only media that incorporates bullets being used by TF's and that is one of the reasons why the movies are ridiculous. Eye candy, but still totally unrealistic, even for a story about transforming robots from a planet far away.


Why is it "unrealistic"?



For obvious reasons. That is like someone trying to make a bullet out of meat and use it against you. Think about it.


For starters that's asinine, you can't make a bullet out of meat. if metal can't harm metal why do we arm tanks, planes, and ships with guns? If like can't hurt like why do martial arts exist?



Yes, but you are comparing apples to oranges. Metal is far more durable than flesh. So far that it is almost comical that I actually have to explain this. And yes, you very well could make a bullet out of meat if you were so inclined. But why do it because it would be pointless. Kinda like metal robots shooting each other with metal bullets. Furthermore, if you have the tech to make plasma and laser weapons why would you resort to a lesser tech? Don't bring a gun to an energy weapon fight. Especially when your enemy is made of the very metal you are using as a weapon. Now do you get it?
Anti-Nerdrage Coalition President
"I am not just the founder, but also its first client"

Image
shockblast2
Vehicon
Posts: 303
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:23 am

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby shockblast2 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:06 pm

Weapon: Energon Crossbow
Burn wrote:Well it was human projectile weapons that did to damage in the first movie ...



Noone shooting a beretta at a transformers is going to do it much damage, let alone put it down. Unless it was the toaster bot or something. You can't use the movies to prove out something that is the point of the debate? The movies are the whole reason why I am even talking about this. Only in a Bay movie would these things happen. Hell, even the humans were using energy weapons in the G1 series.....

But again, these are the movies, where devastator had balls. I am surprised they didn't kill Megatron with a pellet gun the way things were going.....
Anti-Nerdrage Coalition President
"I am not just the founder, but also its first client"

Image
shockblast2
Vehicon
Posts: 303
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:23 am

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby njb902 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:24 pm

shockblast2 wrote:
njb902 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
njb902 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
njb902 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:Really? This is Drift? This is insulting to our intelligence. Does Bay really think it is plausible that an HIGHLY advanced alien is going to take the physical form of a 1000 year old warrior from a lesser civilization who fights with a sword? Oh come on now. That is just outright stupid, let alone the actual look of this thing. It looks like the Japanese robot in Real Steel. Fine for that movie. Ridiculous for this one......

Is Hound going to be decked out in swat gear too? Is he going to use bullets rather than lazer tech against metal robots? This is almost comical if not sad that Bay and co are yet again dumbing down the TF franchise.

Surely he didn't screw up the Dinobots, the only thing I am buying from this toyline. From the way it is going, Grimlock is going to be the cybertronian representation of Barney.


Have you ever watched or read any Transformers media? It's about a group of beings who mimic things. I'm thinking you really haven't watched any of the movies, all of them have projectile weapons used by Cybertronains(even the 80's animated movie).



The movies are the only media that incorporates bullets being used by TF's and that is one of the reasons why the movies are ridiculous. Eye candy, but still totally unrealistic, even for a story about transforming robots from a planet far away.


Why is it "unrealistic"?



For obvious reasons. That is like someone trying to make a bullet out of meat and use it against you. Think about it.


For starters that's asinine, you can't make a bullet out of meat. if metal can't harm metal why do we arm tanks, planes, and ships with guns? If like can't hurt like why do martial arts exist?



Yes, but you are comparing apples to oranges. Metal is far more durable than flesh. So far that it is almost comical that I actually have to explain this. And yes, you very well could make a bullet out of meat if you were so inclined. But why do it because it would be pointless. Kinda like metal robots shooting each other with metal bullets. Furthermore, if you have the tech to make plasma and laser weapons why would you resort to a lesser tech? Don't bring a gun to an energy weapon fight. Especially when your enemy is made of the very metal you are using as a weapon. Now do you get it?


1. It is comical, because I never said metal isn't more durable that flesh.

2. You can not make a fireable bullet out of flesh.

3. I'll ask again if a metal bullet can't harm metal armour why do we equip tanks, planes, and ships with guns?

4. You obviously have no understanding of ballistics or you would understand how a metal projectile can pierce armour

5. But hey I only have 11 years of service experience, what would I know.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby Burn » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:43 pm

shockblast2 wrote:
Burn wrote:Well it was human projectile weapons that did to damage in the first movie ...



Noone shooting a beretta at a transformers is going to do it much damage, let alone put it down. Unless it was the toaster bot or something. You can't use the movies to prove out something that is the point of the debate? The movies are the whole reason why I am even talking about this. Only in a Bay movie would these things happen. Hell, even the humans were using energy weapons in the G1 series.....

But again, these are the movies, where devastator had balls. I am surprised they didn't kill Megatron with a pellet gun the way things were going.....


Bored now, go back, re-watch the movie, especially the part where they deal with Scorponok.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!
User avatar
Burn
HMW Moderator
Posts: 37706
News Credits: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby Sodan-1 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:05 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
:BANG_HEAD:
For f**ks sake, shockblast2! My mind is blown by your ignorance. (Yeah, I'm using the 'i' word. :P) They're not playing some overly exciting version of 'rock-paper-scissors'. In real-life someone with a pair of scissors probably has as much chance of beating someone armed with a rock as the other way round, and I'm pretty sure the rock wielder actually stands a decent chance against someone armed with an origami butterfly.

Putting aside the fact that there are one or two different types of metals, each with their own properties and levels of durability, lasers are essentially a form of light and you don't see a load of cars melting because one rebel's driving around with their high-beams on. Lasers do not automatically trump all other materials. If they did CDs, DVDs and games would be single-use items.

If you take a piece of metal with a small surface area and launch it at something with enough kinetic energy, then of course it's capable of piercing another piece of metal. Like njb902 said, why would armed forces and so forth bother using metal ammunition when their opponents use vehicles and weapons also made of the stuff? You never heard of an armour-piercing bullet?

Anyway, now that that rant of a
Image
is over I have to say I think this design is bloody ridiculous for a Transformer.

That said I'd love to get the costume in my size. :grin:
Sodan-1
Gestalt
Posts: 2231
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:35 am
Location: Right where you'd least expect me to be.

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:58 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Image
A ninja wearing the armor of a Samurai does not a true Samurai make.


The armor is all that matters. I didn't see anyone complain because there existed samurai-like armor on Cybertron BEFORE they even discovered Earth. So, why the hell are people mad now that Bay has a design similar to a samurai?
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
City Commander
Posts: 3720
News Credits: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby njb902 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:05 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Image
A ninja wearing the armor of a Samurai does not a true Samurai make.


The armor is all that matters. I didn't see anyone complain because there existed samurai-like armor on Cybertron BEFORE they even discovered Earth. So, why the hell are people mad now that Bay has a design similar to a samurai?


"RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE"
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby MINDVVIPE » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:03 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Sabrblade wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Now, we get Drift who looks EXTREMLY samurai to the point where its almost organic, which is bays style. Its just too Samurai.
Again, the reason this pic looks so organic is because it is a Halloween costume.

For sure. I never forgot that. But with how they're seeming to do more human bodies in this movie, I figured it won't be tooo far off. Time will tell.

Yikes, some of the posters on this thread that hate on the movie, they definitely do not speak for me. Projectile weapons rant is hurt to read.

Since we're talking about Bludgeon and Prowl, I think their acceptance came with the understanding of why they looked the way they did.
Bludgeon, as far as I know from what a pretender Destron is, takes the shape of a familiar thing that would instill fear in the humans they terrorized.
Prowl, always being ninja like and never looking like one, flashed back to metalikato days and where it all began, giving this smoother transition into Samurai armour.
I don't know much about IDW Drift other than bits here and there, and that he uses swords, but I never saw him in any story where he had the human car mode with the asian characters painted on. Seeing this Drift (who I know Sabrblade is going to say isn't the same Drift, but, come on, it pretty much is, but with its own twist) supposedly all decked out in Samurai is a bit abrupt to me, anyway. They could, and probably will explain it in the movie, but for now, its just a bit dull, overall, to see another Samurai bot (especially one that doesn't try to hide its design cues). Then again, I love understated and subtle designs, so maybe that's just me.
Last edited by MINDVVIPE on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2244
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby Ultra Markus » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:07 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: Laser Rifle
if they are going with the samurai theme that must make prime a shogun
User avatar
Ultra Markus
Targetmaster
Posts: 697
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:48 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Drift via Party City Catalog

Postby njb902 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:18 pm

Ultra Markus wrote:if they are going with the samurai theme that must make prime a shogun


Good one! :lol:
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014