Floating panels, backpacks and wings. So much waste!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Floating panels, backpacks and wings. So much waste!

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:05 pm

I just thought of a figure with crap kibble. G1 Grimlock, (Sadly, this transfers to MP Grimlock, but I love the figure anyway. Best MP IMO) Maybe it's because he's my favorite comic character and I have a quite a few Grimlocks from the different lines. I just hate that dino head hanging off his back.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 18422
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:31 pm

Re: Floating panels, backpacks and wings. So much waste!

Postby xyl360 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:41 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:I just thought of a figure with crap kibble. G1 Grimlock, (Sadly, this transfers to MP Grimlock, but I love the figure anyway. Best MP IMO) Maybe it's because he's my favorite comic character and I have a quite a few Grimlocks from the different lines. I just hate that dino head hanging off his back.

Very true about the head, but on the other hand, to me anyway, his 'wings' on his back which are formed by his torso splitting is part of his signature look, and I don't think he'd look right without them, but I'm sure that's just because I'm used to seeing him that way.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3024
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:54 am

Re: Floating panels, backpacks and wings. So much waste!

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:15 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
PrymeStriker wrote:What about Animated Oil Slick? Aside from the handlebars, he doesn't have a lot of floating panels. No wings or backpacks.



I was blown away by Animated Oilslick. The handlebars dont count at all. They act as studs or something. He does have "floating panels" that act as barrel storage... panels that can fold right down! That TF is in my top ten favorite of all time in the fun, look, and design categories.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5605
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Floating panels, backpacks and wings. So much waste!

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:25 am

xyl360 wrote: his 'wings' on his back which are formed by his torso splitting is part of his signature look, and I don't think he'd look right without them, but I'm sure that's just because I'm used to seeing him that way.


That's why I really like the WW Grimlock toy. Has the wings, but no head.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 18422
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:31 pm

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Age of Extinction Silver Knight Optimus Prime & Grimlock New - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 39 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Hasbro G1 Platinum Trypticon G1 Reissue Encore Complete - Time Remaining: 3 days 46 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Cybertron HIGHTAIL New w Cyber Key RID - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 32 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers G1 1983-85 BUMBLEBEE hasbro takara minibot figure  GREAT - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 49 minutes 26 seconds
RATBAT Ex/Mint Vintage 1986 Hasbro Transformers G1 Mini Cassette Tape - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 20 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers 1993 G2 Dinobots: Snarl (red) *see condition - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 39 minutes 59 seconds
transformers alternator ricochet MISB - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 hours 14 minutes 39 seconds
D1099093 COMPUTRON GIFTSET TRANSFORMERS G1 MIB STYLE 100% COMP BOX NOT ORIGINAL - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 15 minutes 1 second
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks
Twincast / Podcast #159:
"Imperfect Specks"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, November 12th, 2016
Website Security Test