Floating panels, backpacks and wings. So much waste!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Floating panels, backpacks and wings. So much waste!

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:05 pm

I just thought of a figure with crap kibble. G1 Grimlock, (Sadly, this transfers to MP Grimlock, but I love the figure anyway. Best MP IMO) Maybe it's because he's my favorite comic character and I have a quite a few Grimlocks from the different lines. I just hate that dino head hanging off his back.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 18306
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:31 pm

Re: Floating panels, backpacks and wings. So much waste!

Postby xyl360 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:41 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:I just thought of a figure with crap kibble. G1 Grimlock, (Sadly, this transfers to MP Grimlock, but I love the figure anyway. Best MP IMO) Maybe it's because he's my favorite comic character and I have a quite a few Grimlocks from the different lines. I just hate that dino head hanging off his back.

Very true about the head, but on the other hand, to me anyway, his 'wings' on his back which are formed by his torso splitting is part of his signature look, and I don't think he'd look right without them, but I'm sure that's just because I'm used to seeing him that way.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3024
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:54 am

Re: Floating panels, backpacks and wings. So much waste!

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:15 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
PrymeStriker wrote:What about Animated Oil Slick? Aside from the handlebars, he doesn't have a lot of floating panels. No wings or backpacks.



I was blown away by Animated Oilslick. The handlebars dont count at all. They act as studs or something. He does have "floating panels" that act as barrel storage... panels that can fold right down! That TF is in my top ten favorite of all time in the fun, look, and design categories.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5332
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Floating panels, backpacks and wings. So much waste!

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:25 am

xyl360 wrote: his 'wings' on his back which are formed by his torso splitting is part of his signature look, and I don't think he'd look right without them, but I'm sure that's just because I'm used to seeing him that way.


That's why I really like the WW Grimlock toy. Has the wings, but no head.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 18306
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:31 pm

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy Transformers Henkei Cybertron Con 2013 Asia Exclusive Jetfire - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 18 minutes 14 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 SKYWARP REISSUE MIB - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 50 minutes 44 seconds
Rare TAKARA TRANSFORMERS G1 NUCLEON QUEST SUPER CONVOY Toysarus Limited Edition - Time Remaining: 6 days 18 hours 24 minutes 52 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers E-hobby Exclusive Magnificus w/Comic Book - Time Remaining: 6 days 13 hours 40 minutes 55 seconds
Legacy of Revoltech LR-008 Convoy Optimus Prime Transformers Action Figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 7 hours 3 minutes 30 seconds
New Transformers Movie 2 ROTF Leader Class Megatron in stock original color - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 33 minutes 30 seconds
Vintage 1985 G1 Transformers Perceptor Complete Hasbro - Time Remaining: 6 days 15 hours 40 minutes 52 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION BEAST WARS OPTIMUS PRIMAL 20TH ANNIVERSARY - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 45 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #154 - The Misfits
Twincast / Podcast #154:
"The Misfits"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, August 28th, 2016