Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

G1 Devastator complete with new pics and ready for gallery!

Post all your customized Transformers here. Whether it's a small mod or a true kitbash, we'd love to see it!

Postby ptitvite » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:39 am

Wikkid wrote:If Hasbro/Tak officially reissued the Contructicons, it'd be awsome to have those parts added as a special feature. But...we can only dream.


Don't wait for Hasbro to make dreams come true! :D
ptitvite
Micromaster
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: G1 Devastator complete with new pics and ready for galle

Postby nobody1898 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:43 am

Ptitvite wrote:Image
Image


what did you end up doing with these parts I bet you could sell them on ebay for some nice cash.
nobody1898
Mini-Con
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:05 am

Re: G1 Devastator complete with new pics and ready for galle

Postby ptitvite » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:04 am

nobody1898 wrote:
Ptitvite wrote:


what did you end up doing with these parts I bet you could sell them on ebay for some nice cash.


I was almost done with project on these pics...when I decided to improve.
To improve, I had to destroy some parts. I got my lesson 'cause my devastator now has easy to replace-repair parts and to improve it would not be so heartkilling. If some joints become loose I just easely replace the end of fixation. Bionicles are NOT good for kitbashing they become loose very fast. I found a most efficient replacement: Mega Blocks Super Tech Heroes Spider-Man .
I have 2 in case I need replacement parts for my Dev.
I also decided to drop the shield I made and repainted an extra I got on ebay. :D
ptitvite
Micromaster
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Postby ptitvite » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:15 am

Asphalt wrote:has anyone else ever wondered why the constructicons were lime green when most all of the equipement they are based off of is yellow? or rust colored.


:?: Who knows?? One thing for sure, they are treated with corrostop! :D
ptitvite
Micromaster
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Postby gawd6sic6 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:46 am

back in the day... around the time these came out .. around here alot of te cunstruction vehichles were green like that..
gawd6sic6
Mini-Con
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: Lancaster Ohio

Postby gawd6sic6 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:50 am

im just saying around here .. south eastern ohio... POOR part of the u.s. so that may explain it.
gawd6sic6
Mini-Con
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: Lancaster Ohio

Postby ptitvite » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:58 am

Asphalt wrote:so anyway, what was the base for the head?


Legos for ruff and putty for details. Holds on with bionicle joint.
I did'nt find transparent red plastic to make Dev's visor. If found, I'll make his eyes light up red and the mechanism can be hidden inside his head easely.That would be awsome! I have the light up eyes kit from RID Ultra Magnus...someday
Last edited by ptitvite on Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ptitvite
Micromaster
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Postby Black Arachnis » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:42 pm

Ptitvite wrote:
Asphalt wrote:so anyway, what was the base for the head?


Legos for ruff and putty for details. Holds on with bionicle joint.
I did'nt find transparent red plastic to make Dev's visor. If found, I'll make his eyes light up red and the mechanism can be hidden inside his head easely.That would be awsome! I have the light up eyes kit from RID Ultra Magnus...someday
you don`t NEED red transparent plastic, you can use clear transparent plastic just as well and cover it with clear red paint.that`s how I did my armada Pipes' visor.
Black Arachnis
Godmaster
Posts: 1975
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2002 2:40 pm

Postby ptitvite » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:27 pm

Black Arachnis wrote:
Ptitvite wrote:
Asphalt wrote:so anyway, what was the base for the head?


Legos for ruff and putty for details. Holds on with bionicle joint.
I did'nt find transparent red plastic to make Dev's visor. If found, I'll make his eyes light up red and the mechanism can be hidden inside his head easely.That would be awsome! I have the light up eyes kit from RID Ultra Magnus...someday
you don`t NEED red transparent plastic, you can use clear transparent plastic just as well and cover it with clear red paint.that`s how I did my armada Pipes' visor.


So I just have to find red clear and that's it? Ok, dat's cool, I'll try and find some and make this mod to Devastator.
Thanks!
ptitvite
Micromaster
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Postby wldchld0783_338 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:56 pm

you could also go to a hobby shop and get transparent red styrene. That might work just as well as red plastic. However if you use red plastic from a toy, Cybertron Scrapmetal has a good amount of it on his cockpit winsheild.
wldchld0783_338
Mini-Con
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2001 11:33 pm

Postby Hobbyist Prime » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:28 pm

Ptitvite wrote: I have the light up eyes kit from RID Ultra Magnus...someday


Awsome job! I think this might be a new project in the near future for me! I need to ask though, where did you get the light up eyes kit? I'm great with sculpting and designing but lousy with electronics!
Hobbyist Prime
Mini-Con
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:53 pm

Postby ptitvite » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:36 pm

Hobbyist Prime wrote:
Ptitvite wrote: I have the light up eyes kit from RID Ultra Magnus...someday


Awsome job! I think this might be a new project in the near future for me! I need to ask though, where did you get the light up eyes kit? I'm great with sculpting and designing but lousy with electronics!


:D Thanks!!
I got a used RID ultra magnus to get the hands of omega prime.
I then took ultra-magnus's forearms to add details to my Devastator's front upper legs.
I dismantled ultra magnus completely to see what parts could be usefull.
Omega prime has light up eyes and sound (but i'll get rid of the sounds) and I took it appart...will be used to improve Devastator.
ptitvite
Micromaster
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Postby Hobbyist Prime » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:00 pm

That's awsome! and to think all this time I've had him and never put batteries in him to try it out :P
Hobbyist Prime
Mini-Con
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:53 pm

Next

Return to Customizations