Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Gaia Unicron - I didnt know they stacked scrap that high!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Gaia Unicron - I didnt know they stacked scrap that high!

Postby JackStraw » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:02 pm

Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Received my Prime Gaia Unicron yesterday and I must say I am very dissapointed. I must preface this by saying now that I have him, I probably still would have bought him as a completist (when it comes to some lines), and he's still pretty cool for what he is - (like if you could be a kid who knows nothing of money or expectations. I love the character model and he's a pretty good representation with some cool features (gold paint)....

However....when it comes to value for my dollar I feel ripped off. I also must say that there are times when the value isnt there but it's offset by some other aspect of the figure. I dont often base my enjoyment of a figure on value for my dollar, but in this case it is so aggregious that I am taken aback by it.

Yeah his alt mode is crap, we knew that, but what was shocking was the small size and poor quality. I thought from all of the pics and early news that he was a little bigger than a voyager, but he seems less like a big voyager and more like a long stretched out deluxe class toy. And not the deluxe class we've known over the years, but the latest flimsy tiny hollow deluxes they've been putting out recently. Tiny tiny head that reminded me of FOC Optimus...so many aspects of this figure remind me of FOC deluxes, and of course a lot of Prid Megs, complete with all the crappy, loose balljoints....not recomended. It's starting to look more and more like I will be focusing on my G1 collection going forward, with a little third party mixed in (also got TFC Photron yesterday which is pretty cool).
User avatar
JackStraw
Fuzor
Posts: 253
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:58 pm

Re: Gaia Unicron - I didnt know they stacked scrap that high!

Postby JackStraw » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Forgot to mention I picked up a KO black voyager Optimus the other day whose head looks twice the size of this Unicron's, he's much heavier, higher quality, sturdy, tight and half the price....something is wrong with this picture. I dont care how much the price of oil has gone up etc, etc, these companies (HasTak) must be making a killing selling these inferior, cheaply made products for premium prices....I still cant bring myself to purchase a FOC Optimus, even if they gave me him for free, his tinyness would still give me nightmares.
User avatar
JackStraw
Fuzor
Posts: 253
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:58 pm

Re: Gaia Unicron - I didnt know they stacked scrap that high!

Postby PrymeStriker » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:05 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
This is shocking to you? All the recent Transformers have been getting cheaper and smaller. This started back in DOTM.

And comparison pics? He wasn't excitingly taller than Cybertron Deluxe Unicron

Image
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5440
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Gaia Unicron - I didnt know they stacked scrap that high!

Postby RAcast » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:14 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
PrymeStriker wrote:This is shocking to you? All the recent Transformers have been getting cheaper and smaller. This started back in DOTM.

And comparison pics? He wasn't excitingly taller than Cybertron Deluxe Unicron

Even without any of his accessories, I'll never regret picking up Cybertron Unicron. He's a great little guy...and he still looks like the better choice over Gaia Unicron.

Dat head sculpt.
Image
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2835
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Gaia Unicron - I didnt know they stacked scrap that high!

Postby xyl360 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:26 pm

I dunno, he looks pretty darn accurate to what we got in the show and is basically in scale with the versions of himself that came out of the rocks to fight Optimus.

I have him and I like him, though this representation of Unicron in general on TF: Prime is definitely and acquired taste, especially when you look back at G1 where he was an entire planet.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3008
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Gaia Unicron - I didnt know they stacked scrap that high!

Postby RAcast » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:28 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
xyl360 wrote:I dunno, he looks pretty darn accurate to what we got in the show and is basically in scale with the versions of himself that came out of the rocks to fight Optimus.

I have him and I like him, though this representation of Unicron in general on TF: Prime is definitely and acquired taste, especially when you look back at G1 where he was an entire planet.

Well he IS an entire planet...but they'd have to destroy Earth to actually fight Unicron, which I don't see happening. Unless they go back in time I guess?
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2835
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Gaia Unicron - I didnt know they stacked scrap that high!

Postby xyl360 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:42 pm

RAcast wrote:
xyl360 wrote:I dunno, he looks pretty darn accurate to what we got in the show and is basically in scale with the versions of himself that came out of the rocks to fight Optimus.

I have him and I like him, though this representation of Unicron in general on TF: Prime is definitely and acquired taste, especially when you look back at G1 where he was an entire planet.

Well he IS an entire planet...but they'd have to destroy Earth to actually fight Unicron, which I don't see happening. Unless they go back in time I guess?

Yep, or unless his consciousness is somehow uploaded/transferred into a 'new body'. Maybe he can take over the Nemesis (Trypticon) and actually somehow make it transform. That would be a cool toy.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3008
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Gaia Unicron - I didnt know they stacked scrap that high!

Postby MGrotusque » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:23 pm

That pic above with the three Unicrons, I thought Gaia Unicron was supposed to have heaps more metallic paint apps on him. Like blue for those antlers and lots of red on his legs and shoulders? That version looks pretty blazay to me. Is it the Hasbro release or something? Like this picture
Image
I didn't know there was any other version than this one.

Oh and by the way.....are those "antlers" supposed to be lightning bolts or something when he's in volcano mode? Just asking. >:oP
Image
User avatar
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Posts: 2096
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:40 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Gaia Unicron - I didnt know they stacked scrap that high!

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:51 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Hi, monstergrotusque

No. Hasbro is not releasing Unicron at all. That picture is lame photoshopped stock imagery with colors intended to persuade buyers.

Not the first time those images fooled us

As for the "antlers," no. He has those in the show, they're just angled a bit differently.

Image
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5440
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Gaia Unicron - I didnt know they stacked scrap that high!

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:21 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
xyl360 wrote:
RAcast wrote:
xyl360 wrote:I dunno, he looks pretty darn accurate to what we got in the show and is basically in scale with the versions of himself that came out of the rocks to fight Optimus.

I have him and I like him, though this representation of Unicron in general on TF: Prime is definitely and acquired taste, especially when you look back at G1 where he was an entire planet.

Well he IS an entire planet...but they'd have to destroy Earth to actually fight Unicron, which I don't see happening. Unless they go back in time I guess?

Yep, or unless his consciousness is somehow uploaded/transferred into a 'new body'. Maybe he can take over the Nemesis (Trypticon) and actually somehow make it transform. That would be a cool toy.


His spark was destroyed by the Autobots and Decepticons, using the Ground Bridge to travel to the earth's core where his consciousness lays. The earth is like an onion in Prime, with multiple layers and Unicron dead center :lol:

I like his looks, but then again, he is Unicron... I'm gonna wait on reviews before I add this one to my collection.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15023
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Gaia Unicron - I didnt know they stacked scrap that high!

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:44 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I like his looks, but then again, he is Unicron... I'm gonna wait on reviews before I add this one to my collection.


Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5440
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Gaia Unicron - I didnt know they stacked scrap that high!

Postby paul053 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:04 am

monstergrotusque wrote:That pic above with the three Unicrons, I thought Gaia Unicron was supposed to have heaps more metallic paint apps on him. Like blue for those antlers and lots of red on his legs and shoulders? That version looks pretty blazay to me. Is it the Hasbro release or something? Like this picture
Image
I didn't know there was any other version than this one.

Oh and by the way.....are those "antlers" supposed to be lightning bolts or something when he's in volcano mode? Just asking. >:oP

I think this picture is totally wrong. It even has two Decepticons symbols on the shoulder. Oh wait! Stickers!! :HEADHURTS:
User avatar
paul053
Godmaster
Posts: 1506
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:02 am
Location: Plymouth, MN
Buy from paul053 on eBay

Re: Gaia Unicron - I didnt know they stacked scrap that high!

Postby MGrotusque » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:24 am

At 60 to 70 bucks before shipping i think i'll pass on this release. I only wanted it for the head mode anyways, well, the bot looks pretty good too but at that price range. Forget it.
I'll wait till it goes on sale somewhere.
Image
User avatar
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Posts: 2096
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:40 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Gaia Unicron - I didnt know they stacked scrap that high!

Postby FortMacs » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:59 pm

Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Just feel like i need it for my collection. so its on its way as part of a birthday present from my wife. really hope im not to dissapointed with it.
Image
User avatar
FortMacs
City Commander
Posts: 3216
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 1:17 am
Location: charlotte, nc
Buy from FortMacs on eBay

Re: Gaia Unicron - I didnt know they stacked scrap that high!

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:33 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Something has me wondering... Gaia Unicron is no Arms Micron, yet his Gaia Armor mode has the three Crystal shapes, plus they're called out as such on the packaging as Super Dark type. Would that make him an oversized Super Combo Weapon?
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15023
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Gaia Unicron - I didnt know they stacked scrap that high!

Postby Megatron000 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:36 pm

I've heard from a few friends that his joints wear down very easily...it's unfortunate...
Image
User avatar
Megatron000
Micromaster
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:34 pm

Re: Gaia Unicron - I didnt know they stacked scrap that high!

Postby GuyIncognito » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:58 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:... Gaia Unicron is no Arms Micron...


Can you explain what you mean? He is officially part of the Arms Micron line (he's designated as AM-19) and he comes with a Micron.
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4769
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: Gaia Unicron - I didnt know they stacked scrap that high!

Postby Rushie » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:20 pm

Motto: "Eh, keep your little planet. I'll outlive it."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
GuyIncognito wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:... Gaia Unicron is no Arms Micron...


Can you explain what you mean? He is officially part of the Arms Micron line (he's designated as AM-19) and he comes with a Micron.

He's from the AM line, but he's not a Micron himself, despite the gems. It's like Animated Lugnut with Mini-Con holes or Armada Tidal Wave as the biggest Mini-Con ever (for Megatron)
Rushie
Pretender
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Rotterdam
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Gaia Unicron - I didnt know they stacked scrap that high!

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:27 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Rushie wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:... Gaia Unicron is no Arms Micron...


Can you explain what you mean? He is officially part of the Arms Micron line (he's designated as AM-19) and he comes with a Micron.

He's from the AM line, but he's not a Micron himself, despite the gems. It's like Animated Lugnut with Mini-Con holes or Armada Tidal Wave as the biggest Mini-Con ever (for Megatron)


Exactly. Micron is the Japanese name for Mini-Con and Unicron clearly isn't one.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15023
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Gaia Unicron - I didnt know they stacked scrap that high!

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:43 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Exactly. Micron is the Japanese name for Mini-Con and Unicron clearly isn't one.


That's true, this Voyager-class figure is clearly not a Micron.

>:oP
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4769
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014