Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Galactica prepares for the end

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Galactica prepares for the end

Postby Wheeljack35 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:08 pm

nypost.com


'BATTLESTAR Galactica" may be making its final landing after next year.

The creators of Sci Fi Channel's acclaimed space opera are consider ing ending it after its fourth season, according to studio sources.

"Like many other serial dramas, such as 'Lost' or 'The Shield,' these series have a beginning, a middle and an end," says an insider at Universal, the studio that produces "Galactica."

"Right now it seems to have become fashionable for the makers of these shows to talk about how and when they want their series to end."

In recent months, the creators of "Lost," ABC's increasingly confusing island drama, have said they hope to end the series in about two years, but ABC brass has downplayed their statements.

"With any of these shows lately, it's comes down to the basic struggle between business and creative," says an official at a rival cable network.

"Galactica" is nearly done with its third season and Sci Fi execs are expected to inform advertisers tomorrow about when its fourth season will begin.

Sci Fi officials say that it is still too early to say when "Galactica" will end, but acknowledge its future is uncertain.

"At this point, we don't know," says Mark Stern, executive vice president of programming at Sci Fi. "It's still early days. We need to sit with [creators] Ron [Moore] and David [Eick] to hear what their plans are for that [fifth] season, and what they'd like to do about any future seasons."

"Galactica" is one of the hottest, most acclaimed and beloved shows on the NBC-owned cable channel.

It follows the adventures of a group of humans fleeing though space from a race of machines bent on their annihilation. But the series has also become one of the most politically informed shows on TV, filling its episodes with rich metaphors about war, race relations and prejudice.
Image
User avatar
Wheeljack35
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8647
News Credits: 26
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:11 pm
Location: New Port Richey Fl
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Marcus Rush » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:13 pm

Weapon: Automatic Acid-Pellet Gun
well thats just fracking prime, end the BEST show on television after only four years. Well I can't complain overall though I'll be pissed if it is ended right after season four. Too many potential storylines for the survivors to explore and their eventual trip to earth and the discovery that earthers just plain suck ass. Shear classic right there.
Marcus Rush
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9125
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:16 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Redimus GTS » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:44 pm

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Alpha Strike wrote:well thats just fracking prime, end the BEST show on television after only four years. Well I can't complain overall though I'll be pissed if it is ended right after season four. Too many potential storylines for the survivors to explore and their eventual trip to earth and the discovery that earthers just plain suck ass. Shear classic right there.


Id rather they end it properly after 4 years than have them cut it after less than a season (Firefly) or after two seasons and a bloody cliff-hanger (Dark Angel), or start on a new story arch then end the whole show in a rush in the same season (Angel).
Image

Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
User avatar
Redimus GTS
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Neo Kaon, planing the domination of HMW:GD.
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:58 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I've never watched BSG, it never caught my attention, but I understand how you'd be upset. It's pretty ridiculous to cancel a show in it's prime, but....it's better to end on a high note, than before it sinks into Lost territory.

Apparently die hard fans (at least some) are sick of it by now.
I would be too, how many intricate stories can you make about being stuck on an island?
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8993
News Credits: 41
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby God Magnus » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:24 pm

Motto: "I'd reach for the stars but I can't find my arms."
Weapon: Blue Bolt
Redimus wrote:
Alpha Strike wrote:well thats just fracking prime, end the BEST show on television after only four years. Well I can't complain overall though I'll be pissed if it is ended right after season four. Too many potential storylines for the survivors to explore and their eventual trip to earth and the discovery that earthers just plain suck ass. Shear classic right there.


Id rather they end it properly after 4 years than have them cut it after less than a season (Firefly) or after two seasons and a bloody cliff-hanger (Dark Angel), or start on a new story arch then end the whole show in a rush in the same season (Angel).


Or cancel it a season early and then cram the entire final season into a four-hour mini-series (Farscape).
The Harbinger of Jell-O Puddin' Pops!

Image

If you are flamable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
-Mitch Hedberg
My BotCon '08 pics.
User avatar
God Magnus
Gestalt
Posts: 2839
News Credits: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2001 3:04 pm
Location: L-Town, MI
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Burn » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:40 pm

Most shows tend to go downhill after the 4th or 5th seasons anyway. (The X-Files is a great example)

I'd much rather see BSG go out on top than watch it drag out and eventually become a joke of what it originally began as.
Image
I use to like Omega Supreme, then I took a duragrip to the brain
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38827
News Credits: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Postby Big_Bot » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:05 am

Motto: "Truth, Justice, and the Autobot Way!"
Weapon: Twin Swords
I'm more than happy to see BSG go. I mean, it's nothing against the show, but more against SciFi. I hate them. They cancelled SG-1, and for that, they should suffer and pay...and their network should be taken off the air.
Image
User avatar
Big_Bot
Gestalt
Posts: 2819
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:49 am
Location: Hoth
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Burn » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:49 am

Well Stargate did run for 10 years....
Image
I use to like Omega Supreme, then I took a duragrip to the brain
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38827
News Credits: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Postby Wheeljack35 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:33 am

I wonder if they will find Earth and if they do what will they find?

Earth now ,Earth in the past or Starfleet
Image
User avatar
Wheeljack35
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8647
News Credits: 26
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:11 pm
Location: New Port Richey Fl
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Insurgent » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:12 pm

I aint seen the second series, but I watched the first and am currently working my way through the third. It's one of the best series around. Great character driven plots amongst the war epics. If they do cancel it, I hope Galactica goes out in a blaze of glory defending Earth from a Cylon invasion (the way ST:voyager SHOULD have ended). Or at least have a proper ending.

Autobot032 wrote:I've never watched BSG, it never caught my attention, but I understand how you'd be upset. It's pretty ridiculous to cancel a show in it's prime, but....it's better to end on a high note, than before it sinks into Lost territory.

Apparently die hard fans (at least some) are sick of it by now.
I would be too, how many intricate stories can you make about being stuck on an island?


TBH, I started loosing interest with the second series. I dont even know why I still watch it.
Beast Wars FOREVER!
Image
User avatar
Insurgent
Gestalt
Posts: 2235
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:10 pm


Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014