Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Galactus will appear in FF2

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Postby Neko » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:36 am

Counterpunch wrote:
Neko wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:Am I alone in the fact that I liked the first one and am looking forward to the second one?


I thought the first was was OK. It got a little tacky at some parts, but I am looking forward to FF2.


...but the FF are tacky. That's the charm. They're a family of nerds.



lol. I see what where your coming from. Either way, I'm seeing the second film. How can you not after seeing the trailer? :grin:
Image
Neko
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9739
News Credits: 21
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:29 pm

Postby Wheeljack35 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:15 am

I kind of liked the first film but as far as Galactus goes

In the real world he is to hokey Why do they feel they had to rush this?

I would of been happy seeing them take on Doom by himself

It took Spiderman 3 movies to get Venom in

They should of waited
Image
User avatar
Wheeljack35
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8645
News Credits: 26
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:11 pm
Location: New Port Richey Fl
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Duke of Luns » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:26 am

Galactus being in at the end would make sense, but so long as he appears for any length of time, I'll be happy. After all, you can't have Silver Surfer and not Galactus in the begining, they go together like chocolate and peanut butter(beware the illuminutty! Random American Dad reference).

And the first FF was really cool, they did it all pretty much right except for Doom, which I felt was pretty wrong. Doom does not have powers, but yet he is able to defeat the FF through use of technology and mysticism, that's what makes him so cool, as well as being so regal and whatnot.

Hmm, anyone else wanna see Doom launch the Baxter Building into space?
Image
Duke of Luns
Faction Commander
Posts: 4130
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:19 pm
Location: North Central West Virginia

Postby Bombus distinguendus » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:47 am

Motto: "Don't Judge Me!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
Duke of Luns wrote:Galactus being in at the end would make sense, but so long as he appears for any length of time, I'll be happy. After all, you can't have Silver Surfer and not Galactus in the begining, they go together like chocolate and peanut butter(beware the illuminutty! Random American Dad reference).

And the first FF was really cool, they did it all pretty much right except for Doom, which I felt was pretty wrong. Doom does not have powers, but yet he is able to defeat the FF through use of technology and mysticism, that's what makes him so cool, as well as being so regal and whatnot.

Hmm, anyone else wanna see Doom launch the Baxter Building into space?


ya doom anoyed me....his suit gives him powers.....oh well his design for ff2 looks awsome... im sure galactus will be in the movie near the end... cus from what ve heard the love triangle of invisible woman, mr ff and silver surfe happends in this movie,.. and im sure near the end the ff and silver surfer wont hate each other as much and when galactus comes they will teame up to stop him especialy cus ss has feelings for sue...which would lead into ff3 possible title could be fall of galactus since ff2 is rise of silver surfer
"Dont Judge Me!"
Check out TheFanriotpodcast.com. were also on iTunes! Please check us out!
Image
User avatar
Bombus distinguendus
Targetmaster
Posts: 610
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:52 pm
Location: Chicago, IL Uptown
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Caelus » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:05 am

Not really shocked, figured he would have at least a cameo.

And now we have Ghost Rider handy to lay the smack down in FF3/Coming of Galactus. :-P
Caelus
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9346
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:32 pm
Location: Fort Collins, CO

Postby Duke of Luns » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:10 am

Caelus wrote:Not really shocked, figured he would have at least a cameo.

And now we have Ghost Rider handy to lay the smack down in FF3/Coming of Galactus. :-P


Hmm, that's what I keep hoping for, some sign that all the Marvel movies are connected. As of yet, they've sadly shown no sign of connection(besides the cut scene of Reed turning into Wolverine in FF 1). But it's best not to speculate on the third movie when the second one isn't even out yet.
Image
Duke of Luns
Faction Commander
Posts: 4130
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:19 pm
Location: North Central West Virginia

Postby Hotrod » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:22 pm

I am also looking forward to this movie. Starting this month the movie theaters are going to be making a lot of money off of me.

As for Galactus, I hope he only appears briefly at the end to set up the third film.
Hotrod
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8940
News Credits: 37
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 4:12 pm

Postby ShockwaveUK » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:41 pm

Duke of Luns wrote:And the first FF was really cool, they did it all pretty much right except for Doom, which I felt was pretty wrong.


The Thing's eyebrows were missing too. :o

Duke of Luns wrote:Hmm, that's what I keep hoping for, some sign that all the Marvel movies are connected. As of yet, they've sadly shown no sign of connection(besides the cut scene of Reed turning into Wolverine in FF 1).


Several actors have appeared in promenant roles in multiple Marvel films so they've shot themselves in the foot somewhat if theyre trying to keep to one Marvel universe.
ShockwaveUK

Postby The Happy Locust » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:54 pm

Motto: "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools- Douglas Adams"
Weapon: Black Magic
I'm going with hotrod in this one. If they use Galactus to set up a trilogy, then the movies are set. Fitting the entire Galactus/Watcher(maybe)/Surfer story into a single movie will convolute the plot and bring down the quality of the film, especially since Doom is already set to appear.
Next up on Pimp My Jeager.
Image


LocustManX2: New Episodes now showing!
Famous Characters, Locustized! now taking requests.

Psycho Warrior wrote:for this reason, that is why I like to be around Locust. fun stuff happens.
User avatar
The Happy Locust
God Of Transformers
Posts: 35282
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:46 pm
Location: In dreams, in nightmares, in embarrassing fantasies.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 3
Skill: 10

Postby Phategod1 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:08 pm

Galvatron Prime wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:Am I alone in the fact that I liked the first one and am looking forward to the second one?


Nope. I too like the first FF movie and from I have seen of the second, I am looking forward to it as well. You are not alone, CB.

You two and Burn are alone j/k But I read a interview with the huy who plays Mr. Fantastic and he said that Galactus is not in the movie and there is NO cliffhanger But h's just a Actor I sill think I'll go to see this, But I'm making this the last year I pay to see B-list comic book heroes. After Ironman I'm taking a CBM sabatical.
My gamer tag is PHATEGODPRIME Im too lazy to put the little fancy one here.
Phategod1
Godmaster
Posts: 1599
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:01 am

Postby Burn » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:18 pm

As you said, "just an actor".

There may not even be a need for any one to appear with Galactus. And it just wouldn't make sense to have an entire movie revolving around the Surfer and NOT have Galactus appear even if it was only for 10 secs of CGI of him ready to engulf the planet.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38091
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Postby Predaprince » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:20 pm

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
At the end of FF2, they should pan out from Earth and then when it gets really tiny switched it to a P.O.V shot from Galactus where his hand comes up into view and makes a clutching fist.

That would be cool. 8)
User avatar
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17277
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Char
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby Phategod1 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:47 pm

Predaprince wrote:At the end of FF2, they should pan out from Earth and then when it gets really tiny switched it to a P.O.V shot from Galactus where his hand comes up into view and makes a clutching fist.

That would be cool. 8)


thats what I said in another forum, someone said I invested too much stock in the Mythos of Galactus. I think with the scene you just mentioned with or even less say once the silver surfer realizes the importance of human life he says "what have I done" and then we a ominous forboding shadow engulf earth would make this movie a mint.
My gamer tag is PHATEGODPRIME Im too lazy to put the little fancy one here.
Phategod1
Godmaster
Posts: 1599
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:01 am

Postby Nico » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:29 am

If a the people who make movie (Director, Special effect dude, scriptwriter and all that) can actually bring galactus to big screen...


...then they can whit Unicron! So if Galactus is in the next fantastic four, i dont want to hear bay say things like "We can't do Unicron"
User avatar
Nico
Brainmaster
Posts: 1324
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:46 am

Postby Cyber Bishop » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:33 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Nico wrote:If a the people who make movie (Director, Special effect dude, scriptwriter and all that) can actually bring galactus to big screen...


...then they can whit Unicron! So if Galactus is in the next fantastic four, i dont want to hear bay say things like "We can't do Unicron"


As a TF fan I can honestly say that I don't want them to do Unicron..

I am interested in seeing how Galactus will look.
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18550
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Postby Nico » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:47 pm

Sorry to tell you this guy...but i heard Galactus will NOT make an on-screen appearance. It will just be its voice or something...
User avatar
Nico
Brainmaster
Posts: 1324
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:46 am

Postby Burn » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:37 pm

I provided a quote from the director of the film it's self.

Can you offer up some sort of evidence that will back up your statement other than "i heard" ... because people hear lots of things that end up being incorrect.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38091
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Next

Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014