Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Generations/FoC Megatron?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Generations/FoC Megatron?

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:58 am

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Will there be a game-accurate toy of FoC Megatron? Or, unlike Prime, he stayed the same and WFC can be used for him?

Also, is this for real as a Generations G2 Megatron? (Bludgeon/Gigatron repaint)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRANSFORMERS-GE ... 3a77fcb28e
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15889
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Generations/FoC Megatron?

Postby tmk9883 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:50 am

There hasnt been one listed. I have the Generations one and its pretty nice and quality wise compared to the ned FOC figures, its a no brainer.

There is a G2 Megatron. Its a an Asia exclusive but will apparently be at TRU at some point. Here is a thread link...

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=87631&p=1395064&hilit=megatron+swerve#p1395064
tmk9883
Fuzor
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:36 am
Buy from tmk9883 on eBay

Re: Generations/FoC Megatron?

Postby Overcracker » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:41 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Nope, no FOC Megatron has been announced yet.

And yes those 4 are totally legit. Asia Exlusive United Voyagers. They are produced and released by Hasbro not Takara. And they should show up in Toys R' Us at some, as of yet unknown, point in time.
Image

"The man with the ship and the big red button holstered onto his belt that calls a giant fire-breathing lizard, is always the cool one."

Toytainment Blog
Views, reviews, and overviews of things in entertainment.
Current review: The Dark Knight Rises
User avatar
Overcracker
Faction Commander
Posts: 4689
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:47 am
Location: Houston, Tx. U.S.A
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Re: Generations/FoC Megatron?

Postby Noideaforaname » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:31 pm

Neither Megatron nor Bumblebee have any FoC toys announced yet, which is kinda strange though personally I'm enjoying it.
Krazy 'bout Kreons: Customs ~ Photos ~ Art
My deviantART
User avatar
Noideaforaname
Gestalt
Posts: 2398
News Credits: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm
Location: South Jersey

Re: Generations/FoC Megatron?

Postby Cyber Bishop » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Hmmm.. Seeing the size reduction I am not sure I would wan to see a FOC Megs.. The WFC one is just fine for me..

My opinion of course..
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18640
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Re: Generations/FoC Megatron?

Postby Doubledealer93 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:03 pm

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
im fine with the rage over cybertron for my FOCs and the regular generations one for the WFC
Image

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Posts: 3855
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 3:19 pm
Location: Ohio
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: Generations/FoC Megatron?

Postby gavinfuzzy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Overcracker wrote:Nope, no FOC Megatron has been announced yet.

And yes those 4 are totally legit. Asia Exlusive United Voyagers. They are produced and released by Hasbro not Takara. And they should show up in Toys R' Us at some, as of yet unknown, point in time.


Except that Brawn seems to have dissapeared in SDCC...
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
User avatar
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
Posts: 1848
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 pm
Location: Singapore
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Generations/FoC Megatron?

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:38 pm

Motto: "A mountain with a wolf atop it stands that much taller."
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
gavinfuzzy wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Nope, no FOC Megatron has been announced yet.

And yes those 4 are totally legit. Asia Exlusive United Voyagers. They are produced and released by Hasbro not Takara. And they should show up in Toys R' Us at some, as of yet unknown, point in time.


Except that Brawn seems to have dissapeared in SDCC...


Any word yet on why that is? Just ONE of the Asian market exclusives doesn't make the cut for US release? Is Brawn out in Asia now, for that matter, or was it cancelled alltogether?
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
User avatar
Wolfman Jake
Targetmaster
Posts: 672
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Maplewood, MN
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Generations/FoC Megatron?

Postby STINGRAY749 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:44 pm

Motto: "This is your end Rampage."
Weapon: Underwater Cannons
I can't believe I'm saying this but I kinda want a foc bumblebee. This and cliff need a new mold so they aren't taller than optimus. As long as he is shortpacked I'm fine.
Image

3DS Friend Code: 2208-5040-1208
User avatar
STINGRAY749
Targetmaster
Posts: 617
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:43 pm
Location: Duluth, Minnesota
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Re: Generations/FoC Megatron?

Postby Doubledealer93 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:29 am

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
STINGRAY749 wrote:I can't believe I'm saying this but I kinda want a foc bumblebee. This and cliff need a new mold so they aren't taller than optimus. As long as he is shortpacked I'm fine.


wow, so i was not the only thinking it. yeah. i kinda want a FOC bee. with the size reduction it will make him perfect.
Image

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Posts: 3855
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 3:19 pm
Location: Ohio
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: Generations/FoC Megatron?

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:55 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Wolfman Jake wrote:
gavinfuzzy wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Nope, no FOC Megatron has been announced yet.

And yes those 4 are totally legit. Asia Exlusive United Voyagers. They are produced and released by Hasbro not Takara. And they should show up in Toys R' Us at some, as of yet unknown, point in time.


Except that Brawn seems to have dissapeared in SDCC...


Any word yet on why that is? Just ONE of the Asian market exclusives doesn't make the cut for US release? Is Brawn out in Asia now, for that matter, or was it cancelled alltogether?


The Asia exclusive Generations will be out at roughly the same time as the FE reissues, including FE Bulkhead. Brawn already uses that mold, and Hasbro knows it's a bit unwise to have two similar looking toys out at the same time.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15016
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Generations/FoC Megatron?

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:38 pm

Motto: "A mountain with a wolf atop it stands that much taller."
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
I can see that line of reasoning coming from Hasbro, but I think the chances of confusion among consumers are extremely low. The packages between the Generations and First Edition releases will be radically different. The Asian exclusives will have Chinese language all over them. And finally, BOTH of those figures are of interest primarily to adult collectors, hence their limited release as Toys 'R' Us exclusives. We're not going to get them mixed up.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
User avatar
Wolfman Jake
Targetmaster
Posts: 672
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Maplewood, MN
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Generations/FoC Megatron?

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Wolfman Jake wrote:I can see that line of reasoning coming from Hasbro, but I think the chances of confusion among consumers are extremely low. The packages between the Generations and First Edition releases will be radically different. The Asian exclusives will have Chinese language all over them. And finally, BOTH of those figures are of interest primarily to adult collectors, hence their limited release as Toys 'R' Us exclusives. We're not going to get them mixed up.


Then tell me this:

1) When was the last time a mold plus its repaint were first released at the same time?
2) How would you prevent kids and their less well-informed parents from buying them up? ;)
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15016
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Generations/FoC Megatron?

Postby RhA » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:55 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:I can see that line of reasoning coming from Hasbro, but I think the chances of confusion among consumers are extremely low. The packages between the Generations and First Edition releases will be radically different. The Asian exclusives will have Chinese language all over them. And finally, BOTH of those figures are of interest primarily to adult collectors, hence their limited release as Toys 'R' Us exclusives. We're not going to get them mixed up.


Then tell me this:

1) When was the last time a mold plus its repaint were first released at the same time?
2) How would you prevent kids and their less well-informed parents from buying them up? ;)

Question 1 hurts my brainmeats. Err... 1984?
Image
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4375
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Banana stand
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Generations/FoC Megatron?

Postby craggy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:20 pm

brawn and bulkhead do have very similar colour schemes. i'm not surprised they don't appear to be both out on shelves at the same time...

actually...no! it makes sense! I am surprised!
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4729
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: Generations/FoC Megatron?

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:31 pm

Motto: "A mountain with a wolf atop it stands that much taller."
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Yeah, I know some careless kids, or clueless parents and gradparents will goof it up, but I still think the potential problem is much smaller than anticipated. That said, I hope we eventually get Brawn as well. I wonder why Hasbro didn't just put Asian market exclusives up on Hasbro Toy Shopkethey did with those four Asian market deluxe Classics figures from a few years ago?
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
User avatar
Wolfman Jake
Targetmaster
Posts: 672
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Maplewood, MN
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014