Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

GI Joe Fans Unite-- 25th Anniversary Fig Talk and More!

Do you collect other toys besides Transformers? Maybe you've got a Masters of the Universe collection you'd like to show off, or maybe you like Thundercats, Voltron, G.I.Joe, Power Rangers, Star Wars, Wrestling, or any of the various comic book toy lines. Please keep the discussions here to non-Transformers toy lines.

Moderators: Cryhavok, Supreme Convoy, robofreak

Postby Tigertrack » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:57 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Spike wrote:
The_One wrote:New Sigma 6/Kung Fu Grip

Dark Ninja Master and Samurai Snake Eyes.
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/showthread.php?t=761


Godawful... nothing will ever be like the 80s Joes to me. Some of the new super posable Joes are pretty cool, but there's no going back it seems ;)

And I just have to say... meet Snake-Eyes -- the new He-Man!


Indeed, and Storm Shadow gets all the versions like Skeletor used to have. :?
User avatar
Tigertrack
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16108
News Credits: 70
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:08 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby 1337W422102 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:01 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Spike wrote:
The_One wrote:New Sigma 6/Kung Fu Grip

Dark Ninja Master and Samurai Snake Eyes.
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/showthread.php?t=761


Godawful... nothing will ever be like the 80s Joes to me. Some of the new super posable Joes are pretty cool, but there's no going back it seems ;)

And I just have to say... meet Snake-Eyes -- the new He-Man!


Indeed, and Storm Shadow gets all the versions like Skeletor used to have. :?

Hey, man, at least this time they don't have some kind of stupid flight pack... like just about every other wave!

I have Wave 1 Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow, and I don't intend on getting any more. Even though they now have better articulation.... Grr, I might have to pick up that Helicopter-pack Snake-Eyes, keep the figure, and put the rest of the lame gear in storage.
Image
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
User avatar
1337W422102
God Of Transformers
Posts: 12055
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: in ur base killin ur d00dz
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Tigertrack » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:38 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
1337W422102 wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Spike wrote:
The_One wrote:New Sigma 6/Kung Fu Grip

Dark Ninja Master and Samurai Snake Eyes.
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/showthread.php?t=761


Godawful... nothing will ever be like the 80s Joes to me. Some of the new super posable Joes are pretty cool, but there's no going back it seems ;)

And I just have to say... meet Snake-Eyes -- the new He-Man!


Indeed, and Storm Shadow gets all the versions like Skeletor used to have. :?

Hey, man, at least this time they don't have some kind of stupid flight pack... like just about every other wave!

I have Wave 1 Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow, and I don't intend on getting any more. Even though they now have better articulation.... Grr, I might have to pick up that Helicopter-pack Snake-Eyes, keep the figure, and put the rest of the lame gear in storage.


The Snake Eyes that comes with Timber and the snowboard is pretty cool, just remove the cloth mask, and the ski vest. :?
User avatar
Tigertrack
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16108
News Credits: 70
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:08 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby 1337W422102 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:41 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
tigertracks 24 wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Spike wrote:
The_One wrote:New Sigma 6/Kung Fu Grip

Dark Ninja Master and Samurai Snake Eyes.
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/showthread.php?t=761


Godawful... nothing will ever be like the 80s Joes to me. Some of the new super posable Joes are pretty cool, but there's no going back it seems ;)

And I just have to say... meet Snake-Eyes -- the new He-Man!


Indeed, and Storm Shadow gets all the versions like Skeletor used to have. :?

Hey, man, at least this time they don't have some kind of stupid flight pack... like just about every other wave!

I have Wave 1 Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow, and I don't intend on getting any more. Even though they now have better articulation.... Grr, I might have to pick up that Helicopter-pack Snake-Eyes, keep the figure, and put the rest of the lame gear in storage.


The Snake Eyes that comes with Timber and the snowboard is pretty cool, just remove the cloth mask, and the ski vest. :?

I don't really like that colour scheme. Besides, I already have Timber - I won him and Kamakura (Glider version) as prizes in the "Snake Eyes on a Plane" contest! :PEACE:
Image
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
User avatar
1337W422102
God Of Transformers
Posts: 12055
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: in ur base killin ur d00dz
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby *Elita_One* » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:43 pm

I'll buy Cobra Commander, no matter how he looks or what he comes with.

I want a Baroness figure :(
Image
*Elita_One*
Combiner
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:35 pm

Postby 1337W422102 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:49 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
*Elita_One* wrote:I'll buy Cobra Commander, no matter how he looks or what he comes with.

There've been at least two versions of him, one in blue and one in black. Both looked kind of cool.

*Elita_One* wrote:I want a Baroness figure :(

Don't we all? :PRAY:
Image
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
User avatar
1337W422102
God Of Transformers
Posts: 12055
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: in ur base killin ur d00dz
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Rogue. » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:44 pm

*Elita_One* wrote:I want the Baroness


Me too :)
User avatar
Rogue.
Godmaster
Posts: 1709
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:37 am
Location: FL, Earth
Buy from Rogue. on eBay

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:55 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Just found out at BBTS they have a listing for a black Timber variant, with the 25th single packs. Not sure if it is part f the current wave or a part of a newer wave, but a re-release.

Regardless, I ordered one.

Black version...
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13826&mode=retail

Normal version...
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13325&mode=retail
User avatar
Tigertrack
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16108
News Credits: 70
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:08 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Real One » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:32 pm

tigertracks 24 wrote:Just found out at BBTS they have a listing for a black Timber variant, with the 25th single packs. Not sure if it is part f the current wave or a part of a newer wave, but a re-release.

Regardless, I ordered one.

Black version...
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13826&mode=retail

Normal version...
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13325&mode=retail


Its part of the current wave. Its 2 regular Timber & 1 black Timber per case.
Image
Real One
Minibot
Posts: 143
News Credits: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:27 pm

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:44 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Real One wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:Just found out at BBTS they have a listing for a black Timber variant, with the 25th single packs. Not sure if it is part f the current wave or a part of a newer wave, but a re-release.

Regardless, I ordered one.

Black version...
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13826&mode=retail

Normal version...
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13325&mode=retail


Its part of the current wave. Its 2 regular Timber & 1 black Timber per case.


I just heard that elsewhere, but thanks! Too bad I can't find these in stores. :?
User avatar
Tigertrack
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16108
News Credits: 70
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:08 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby DISCHARGE » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:01 pm

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
tigertracks 24 wrote:Just found out at BBTS they have a listing for a black Timber variant, with the 25th single packs. Not sure if it is part f the current wave or a part of a newer wave, but a re-release.

Regardless, I ordered one.

Black version...
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13826&mode=retail

Normal version...
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13325&mode=retail



Kmart had two Snake Eyes with black Timber and a Storm Shadow today. I almost bought them but I got Barricade instead.
I was surprised to see them at all.
User avatar
DISCHARGE
Gestalt
Posts: 2761
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:41 pm
Firepower: 10+

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:16 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
DISCHARGE wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:Just found out at BBTS they have a listing for a black Timber variant, with the 25th single packs. Not sure if it is part f the current wave or a part of a newer wave, but a re-release.

Regardless, I ordered one.

Black version...
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13826&mode=retail

Normal version...
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13325&mode=retail



Kmart had two Snake Eyes with black Timber and a Storm Shadow today. I almost bought them but I got Barricade instead.
I was surprised to see them at all.


Kmart seems to be the place to go for these currently, although my Kmart ain't got $#!^...
User avatar
Tigertrack
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16108
News Credits: 70
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:08 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Real One » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:27 pm

Finally got the Joe and Cobra set from HTS. :grin:
I have not found any at retail but shouldnt be too long.
Image
Real One
Minibot
Posts: 143
News Credits: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:27 pm

SDCC Pics of new Joes!!!

Postby Real One » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:04 pm

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/?mode=album&alb ... Joe%2F25th

Not to crazy about Lady Jaye's head sculpt but all the rest look good. :shock:
Image
Real One
Minibot
Posts: 143
News Credits: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:27 pm

Re: SDCC Pics of new Joes!!!

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:27 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Real One wrote:http://i.toynewsi.com/g/?mode=album&album=07_SDCC%2FHasbro%2FGIJoe%2F25th

Not to crazy about Lady Jaye's head sculpt but all the rest look good. :shock:


Lady Jaye's hat looks odd, and the amount of detail lacking in her paint apps...

However, the others do look good. Looking forward to Firefly/Wreckage.
User avatar
Tigertrack
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16108
News Credits: 70
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:08 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:27 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Well I've got both 25th anniversary two packs as well as the new Commando Shockwave with Kung-fu grip. I bought Shockwave for his accessories for the figure I'm trying to make of myself. I haven't opened the 25th anniversary guys but I'm sad to hear the bad reviews. I had a ton more GI Joes as a kid due to them being cheaper than Transformers. I think the "Soft" plastic is Hasbro's attempt to recreate the battle grip of the old, old 12" Joes from the 70's. I have the first wave of the general release figures coming with my MP3 Soundwaves so I'll let you know what's down with those. I think I'll have a better chance seeing the loose figures at retail than these sets but who knows. I'm surprised that they're doing something for the 25th anniversary since the 1:18 scale figures have never really ever gone away; You had extreme, then some reissues that led to Joe vs. Cobra, this is the line with Chameleon, then Valor v. Venom, then another reissue of RAH that ran concurrent with Sigma 6 that is still on the shelves. Man a lot of Joe stuff out there. Top it all off I'm pissed I missed out on the GI Joe Toon box sets five years ago.
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Gestalt
Posts: 2989
News Credits: 24
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Thenedain » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:43 pm

The_One wrote:New Sigma 6/Kung Fu Grip

Dark Ninja Master and Samurai Snake Eyes.
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/showthread.php?t=761


Bah, Dark Ninja Master nothing. Gimme a Hard or Soft Master toy from the Arashikage clan! That would rule!
Thenedain
Minibot
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:25 pm

Postby Rogue. » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:16 am

Thenedain wrote:
The_One wrote:New Sigma 6/Kung Fu Grip

Dark Ninja Master and Samurai Snake Eyes.
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/showthread.php?t=761


Bah, Dark Ninja Master nothing. Gimme a Hard or Soft Master toy from the Arashikage clan! That would rule!


Here, here. Though I grew up with the cartoon and 80s toy line, the old Joe comic and its characters own.
User avatar
Rogue.
Godmaster
Posts: 1709
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:37 am
Location: FL, Earth
Buy from Rogue. on eBay

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:47 am

Weapon: Sword
I picked up both sets at a Super Target the other day. They were having a grand opening, and probably had all their stuff out.

They also had the loose snake eyes/cobra officers/cobra commander/Flint etc... single figures.

A local Kay-Bee also had the singles.

Bottom line - they are showing up in stores!
Lapse Of Reason
City Commander
Posts: 3741
News Credits: 12
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Bethel, CT
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby Rogue. » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:14 am

Lapse, the fact that you live in Florida also gives me some hope. However, my wallet hates you for posting this. :lol:
User avatar
Rogue.
Godmaster
Posts: 1709
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:37 am
Location: FL, Earth
Buy from Rogue. on eBay

Postby The_One » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:19 am

G.I. JOE COMBAT SQUAD: Wave 2 images and bios for: Mountain Scout SGT. BOULDER, Jungle Expert RECONDO and Navy Seal LT. TORPEDO.


http://www.hisstank.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852
The_One
Mini-Con
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:45 pm

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:44 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
The_One wrote:G.I. JOE COMBAT SQUAD: Wave 2 images and bios for: Mountain Scout SGT. BOULDER, Jungle Expert RECONDO and Navy Seal LT. TORPEDO.


http://www.hisstank.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852


Is Boulder basically just Alpine?

I found Flint, and Snake eyes: Commando (red cap) this past weekend. Flint with a sword is odd, but I like how you can dismantle the guns and make them like you want. SE is cool, I think he may be my favorite version.
User avatar
Tigertrack
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16108
News Credits: 70
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:08 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Supreme Convoy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:50 am

:BOT: I've shared this before, I'm on a Comic-Con high. While at Comic-Con I geeked out over some GI Joe stuff!

I met Josh Blaylock at the Devils Due booth and he drew me Duke.
Image

And Tim Seeley drew me Snake-Eyes! It's insanely cool.
Image

And of course, meeting Sgt. Slaughter was awesome. And I got the Comic-Con exclusive GI Joe playing card deck. The Slaughter card is not part of the deck and was exclusively given away at the signing.
Image

The best part? While waiting in line for Sgt. Slaughter, someone was walking around in a Crimson Guard costume. Someone behind me said out loud "I bet his name is Fred." No one responded. I turned around and was like "Am I the only one that got that?" Then the dude and I pounded fists. If that wasn't a geek moment, I don't know what is. :CON:
Image
Supreme Convoy
Site Moderator
Posts: 6924
News Credits: 32
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:23 am

Postby Homer » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:17 pm

Lapse Of Reason wrote:I picked up both sets at a Super Target the other day. They were having a grand opening, and probably had all their stuff out.

They also had the loose snake eyes/cobra officers/cobra commander/Flint etc... single figures.

A local Kay-Bee also had the singles.

Bottom line - they are showing up in stores!


This makes me feel slightly better, I still have not seen any new Joe stuff at all, and I have been to every retailer in town, probably 7 different stores.
Image
Homer
Brainmaster
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:39 pm

Postby 1337W422102 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:18 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Supreme Convoy, you have become an hero!
Image
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
User avatar
1337W422102
God Of Transformers
Posts: 12055
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: in ur base killin ur d00dz
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd Party and KO Toy Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014