Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

GI Joe Movie not gonna be GI Joe?

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Postby Wheeljack35 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:47 am

Count me as the 40 in that range :P

How did this thread get to be about a 14 year old?

ANYWAYS:

This movie will bomb

Just avoid it and not see it
Image
User avatar
Wheeljack35
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8646
News Credits: 26
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:11 pm
Location: New Port Richey Fl
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Cyber Bishop » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:14 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Wheeljack35 wrote:Count me as the 40 in that range :P

How did this thread get to be about a 14 year old?

ANYWAYS:

This movie will bomb

Just avoid it and not see it


Because he is a 14 year old with a crappy attitude that always seems to piss off other members with his posts.

As for the movie, it sounds like complete crap..
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18613
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Postby Milanion » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:18 am

Hey guys. What'd I miss?
Milanion
Brainmaster
Posts: 1477
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 7:35 am

Postby Cyber Bishop » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:20 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Milanion wrote:Hey guys. What'd I miss?


Scroll back a page. :D
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18613
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Postby Faceful of Kitchen » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:05 pm

Milanion wrote:Hey guys. What'd I miss?

:D :lol: it's the sig! IT'S THE SIG!!! :APPLAUSE:
ah, great to see it finally made it over here.

as far as the gi joe movie is concerned, i now officially have less interest in it than i do in the tf movie. and trust me, that's no small feat.
Faceful of Kitchen
City Commander
Posts: 3234
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:52 pm

Postby Milanion » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:10 pm

Faceful of Kitchen wrote:as far as the gi joe movie is concerned, i now officially have less interest in it than i do in the tf movie. and trust me, that's no small feat.


That actually does say quite a lot!
Milanion
Brainmaster
Posts: 1477
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 7:35 am

Postby Cyber Bishop » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:13 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Faceful of Kitchen wrote: :D :lol: it's the sig! IT'S THE SIG!!! :APPLAUSE:
ah, great to see it finally made it over here.


I just noticed that.. LOL!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18613
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Postby Operation Ravage » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:14 pm

That sig is classic.
Operation Ravage
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5595
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:39 am

Postby Cyber Bishop » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:25 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Operation Ravage wrote:That sig is classic.


That it is. :D
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18613
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Postby Robinson » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:14 pm

Here is a serious question to bluebullet.

In another post you basically stated that "the division among fans over the movie has cause your mental and physical health to deteriorate." Now if that is the case then why do you subject yourself to this, day in and day out? You know what the general opinion about your attitude is and what needs to done to change it. Ive been a member of this site for like 2 weeks now and I've already grown disenchanted with your outlook and attitude, I can imagine what it is like for the other things you have posted about in your short term. I think its time you took a step back and reevaluated some priorities and come back with a fresh outlook.

I'm not trying to start anything here or dog you or instigate, I'm just trying o let you know that some tf movie isnt the end all of the tf fandom and that you should think about taking care of yourself above all.
Image
User avatar
Robinson
Gestalt
Posts: 2633
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:59 pm

Postby Bluebullet » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:04 pm

1bigray wrote:Here is a serious question to bluebullet.

In another post you basically stated that "the division among fans over the movie has cause your mental and physical health to deteriorate." Now if that is the case then why do you subject yourself to this, day in and day out? You know what the general opinion about your attitude is and what needs to done to change it. Ive been a member of this site for like 2 weeks now and I've already grown disenchanted with your outlook and attitude, I can imagine what it is like for the other things you have posted about in your short term. I think its time you took a step back and reevaluated some priorities and come back with a fresh outlook.

I'm not trying to start anything here or dog you or instigate, I'm just trying o let you know that some tf movie isnt the end all of the tf fandom and that you should think about taking care of yourself above all.

I have nothing else to do. There aren't any new TFs to hunt for. TV is full of crap nowadays. Truthfully, I don't take care of my body anyway. The only veggies I eat are potatoes and corn. I don't eat much fruit. Mainly, I just want to interact with people, since I don't go to public school.
Bluebullet

Postby Supreme Convoy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:36 pm

:BOT: My 2 cents into GI Joe: The Movie.

If you don't like Lorenzo's approach to GI Joe, then you need to complain to Hasbro. Ryan smartly pointed out for Transformers, Hasbro has a say because it's their franchise. Since it's in development stage, Joe fans seem to have a fair shot at changing the outcomes.

Though in my opinion... not having Cobra as a main villain could work (hell, I'm shocked to even say that!). Check out the first arcs of GI Joe: America's Elite where the team dealt with a terrorist cell not entirely associated with Cobra. Of course it was a giant prelude to Cobra Commander's return to comics but this story worked.

I think they don't want Cobra Commander because he's stereotyped as a terrorist with cartoony plans like putting cruise missiles in fast food signs (Red Rockets!). Of course that wouldn't work for a movie! But that doesn't stop the filmmakers from putting him in realistic situations like in GI Joe: Reloaded.

As for the Duke & Alex team up, it's understandable. GI Joe is an American icon... but it won't play as well across the world unlike Transformers. Having an European hero like Action Man will help play in Europe. It's a business strategy but I don't think it'll hamper the movie.

All I ask is for a Snake Eyes & Scarlett romance subplot and I'm happy :) :CON:
Image
Supreme Convoy
Site Moderator
Posts: 6927
News Credits: 34
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:23 am

Postby Darth Screamer » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:08 pm

TheMuffin wrote:I honestly don't even remember Joe that much and I think this sounds like crap. Wasn't Cobra essentially a terrorist group? Why is that so hard to transfer over to a movie? I don't see what the big problem is. And last time I checked a ninja really isn't that hard to implement either.

I call bullshit.


Because those in Scientology land don't want to admit to a terrorist anything in our world today.

Christ what a lame pos this movie is going to be.
Image
Darth Screamer
Faction Commander
Posts: 4414
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:46 pm
Location: west chester pa

Postby Loki120 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:23 pm

Supreme Convoy wrote:Though in my opinion... not having Cobra as a main villain could work (hell, I'm shocked to even say that!). Check out the first arcs of GI Joe: America's Elite where the team dealt with a terrorist cell not entirely associated with Cobra. Of course it was a giant prelude to Cobra Commander's return to comics but this story worked.

I think they don't want Cobra Commander because he's stereotyped as a terrorist with cartoony plans like putting cruise missiles in fast food signs (Red Rockets!). Of course that wouldn't work for a movie! But that doesn't stop the filmmakers from putting him in realistic situations like in GI Joe: Reloaded.



The villain at the beginning to American Elite was an already existing character from back Marvel way, so there was already an in road there.

Cobra Commander from the comics is a long way off from the schreechy voice wimp from the cartoon. This guy shot his own son, kicked Serpentor's ass, and has more webs of deceit than Beast War Megatron could ever hope to keep up with (And he kicks puppies! It's true!). He's perfect for a movie villain.
Image
Loki120
Brainmaster
Posts: 1388
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 11:14 am

Postby SeekerInAFakeMoustache » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:35 pm

Supreme Convoy wrote:But that doesn't stop the filmmakers from putting him in realistic situations like in GI Joe: Reloaded.


I loved him in Reloaded (more than usual, even!). He's a salesman, all right - you can see him appealing to his wildly dissimlar crew differently, winning their alliance (and in some unfortunate cases, even their trust). It'd be amazing to see that guy on the big screen.

Loki120 wrote:This guy shot his own son, kicked Serpentor's ass, and has more webs of deceit than Beast War Megatron could ever hope to keep up with (And he kicks puppies! It's true!).


Indeed, he kicked Serpentor's ass in one panel. After fighting his way to him. After being tortured.

But then, in the cartoon, he ran through a laser volley to plant a bomb on top of the Statue of Liberty, then jumped off the darned thing, so it's not like he never did anything cool there.
In the wrong hands...Image
SeekerInAFakeMoustache
Combiner
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:46 pm
Location: Space, where no one can hear me whine

Postby Sun Runner » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:23 pm

Dynamax wrote:How the hell can people screw this stuff up? It hurts my brain trying to think about it.

Because it's hollywood and other things can become complicated sometimes improtant things need to be cut for budjet or Directitorial influence.

An example of this was the first Resident Evil movie.George Ramero wrote the original script and it actually stayed true to the game. But marketing and production execs realizing it as a videogame believed it would be more appealing to make it more technilogical and futuristic (thus a whole umbrella department under the mansion, and girl computer AI killing them all instead of the virus outbreak. Also the lack of Stars and the new character that has no relation to resident evil at all) and they pretty much preassured these ideas into the script since the director was on their side. Ramero quit and took the script with him so they got new writers who followed the directors orders and bam you have a movie that has little relation to the Resident Evil game except in title and a few instances. a few instances.

I just think if the director if he does this is a real douche for going against what the people want in favor for what the directors want to add artistically or to appeal to production companies.
Sun Runner
Godmaster
Posts: 1674
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 11:48 am

Postby Senor Hugo » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:16 am

SeekerInAFakeMoustache wrote:
Supreme Convoy wrote:But that doesn't stop the filmmakers from putting him in realistic situations like in GI Joe: Reloaded.


I loved him in Reloaded (more than usual, even!). He's a salesman, all right - you can see him appealing to his wildly dissimlar crew differently, winning their alliance (and in some unfortunate cases, even their trust). It'd be amazing to see that guy on the big screen.

Loki120 wrote:This guy shot his own son, kicked Serpentor's ass, and has more webs of deceit than Beast War Megatron could ever hope to keep up with (And he kicks puppies! It's true!).


Indeed, he kicked Serpentor's ass in one panel. After fighting his way to him. After being tortured.

But then, in the cartoon, he ran through a laser volley to plant a bomb on top of the Statue of Liberty, then jumped off the darned thing, so it's not like he never did anything cool there.


The Cobra Commander from reloaded was awesome. I wish I had my issues here in Fort Wayne with me, but I remember his talk with Storm Shadow as they were watching Destro's men build a base, the talk was about how he became Cobra Commander, you actually felt for the guy, sure he was loony as hell, but damned if he didn't have a good reason for doing what he did. I wish Reloaded was kept going, that series kicked so much ass, and on a side note, Beachhead friggin rules.

Anyway, they could easily do a realisitc Cobra Commander for the movie, not one who tries to carve his face into the moon, or builds a machine to burn all the worlds money and other silly James Bond-esque traits like that, they could really make Cobra Commander something to not laugh at, and at the same time throw in bits and pieces of his "I'm whacked off my ass" lunacy when it's called for.

I just hope they change their minds about this whole buddy-cop premise for the movie.
Image
Senor Hugo
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6350
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:20 pm
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Postby Loki120 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:42 am

Senor Hugo wrote:
SeekerInAFakeMoustache wrote:
Supreme Convoy wrote:But that doesn't stop the filmmakers from putting him in realistic situations like in GI Joe: Reloaded.


I loved him in Reloaded (more than usual, even!). He's a salesman, all right - you can see him appealing to his wildly dissimlar crew differently, winning their alliance (and in some unfortunate cases, even their trust). It'd be amazing to see that guy on the big screen.

Loki120 wrote:This guy shot his own son, kicked Serpentor's ass, and has more webs of deceit than Beast War Megatron could ever hope to keep up with (And he kicks puppies! It's true!).


Indeed, he kicked Serpentor's ass in one panel. After fighting his way to him. After being tortured.

But then, in the cartoon, he ran through a laser volley to plant a bomb on top of the Statue of Liberty, then jumped off the darned thing, so it's not like he never did anything cool there.


The Cobra Commander from reloaded was awesome. I wish I had my issues here in Fort Wayne with me, but I remember his talk with Storm Shadow as they were watching Destro's men build a base, the talk was about how he became Cobra Commander, you actually felt for the guy, sure he was loony as hell, but damned if he didn't have a good reason for doing what he did. I wish Reloaded was kept going, that series kicked so much ass, and on a side note, Beachhead friggin rules.

Anyway, they could easily do a realisitc Cobra Commander for the movie, not one who tries to carve his face into the moon, or builds a machine to burn all the worlds money and other silly James Bond-esque traits like that, they could really make Cobra Commander something to not laugh at, and at the same time throw in bits and pieces of his "I'm whacked off my ass" lunacy when it's called for.

I just hope they change their minds about this whole buddy-cop premise for the movie.


I never picked up reloaded so I don't know CC's origin from there. But in the regular comics he was once a used car salesman who felt that the government was out to get the little guys like him. He became excessively paranoid and ran out on his wife and took his son with him. He built up Cobra from the small town of Springfield and recruited those who felt like him, and built an empire through illegal pyramid schemes. Cool stuff.

They expanded his history more with the Snake-Eyes Declassified limited. I highly recommend it, it stays exactly with the original material and builds on it. It also explains why Cobra Commander hates Snake-Eyes in more detail.
Image
Loki120
Brainmaster
Posts: 1388
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 11:14 am

Postby Senor Hugo » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:21 am

Loki120 wrote:
Senor Hugo wrote:
SeekerInAFakeMoustache wrote:
Supreme Convoy wrote:But that doesn't stop the filmmakers from putting him in realistic situations like in GI Joe: Reloaded.


I loved him in Reloaded (more than usual, even!). He's a salesman, all right - you can see him appealing to his wildly dissimlar crew differently, winning their alliance (and in some unfortunate cases, even their trust). It'd be amazing to see that guy on the big screen.

Loki120 wrote:This guy shot his own son, kicked Serpentor's ass, and has more webs of deceit than Beast War Megatron could ever hope to keep up with (And he kicks puppies! It's true!).


Indeed, he kicked Serpentor's ass in one panel. After fighting his way to him. After being tortured.

But then, in the cartoon, he ran through a laser volley to plant a bomb on top of the Statue of Liberty, then jumped off the darned thing, so it's not like he never did anything cool there.


The Cobra Commander from reloaded was awesome. I wish I had my issues here in Fort Wayne with me, but I remember his talk with Storm Shadow as they were watching Destro's men build a base, the talk was about how he became Cobra Commander, you actually felt for the guy, sure he was loony as hell, but damned if he didn't have a good reason for doing what he did. I wish Reloaded was kept going, that series kicked so much ass, and on a side note, Beachhead friggin rules.

Anyway, they could easily do a realisitc Cobra Commander for the movie, not one who tries to carve his face into the moon, or builds a machine to burn all the worlds money and other silly James Bond-esque traits like that, they could really make Cobra Commander something to not laugh at, and at the same time throw in bits and pieces of his "I'm whacked off my ass" lunacy when it's called for.

I just hope they change their minds about this whole buddy-cop premise for the movie.


I never picked up reloaded so I don't know CC's origin from there. But in the regular comics he was once a used car salesman who felt that the government was out to get the little guys like him. He became excessively paranoid and ran out on his wife and took his son with him. He built up Cobra from the small town of Springfield and recruited those who felt like him, and built an empire through illegal pyramid schemes. Cool stuff.

They expanded his history more with the Snake-Eyes Declassified limited. I highly recommend it, it stays exactly with the original material and builds on it. It also explains why Cobra Commander hates Snake-Eyes in more detail.


Same in Reloaded, he was a car salesman, who got screwed over by the IRS, taxed to hell, went bankrupt, his wife divorced him and ran off with her lawyer, so he faked his death, blew up his dealership and went Cobra.

I wanted to get Snake Eyes Declassified, could never find it though.
Image
Senor Hugo
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6350
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:20 pm
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Postby BLACKBIRD » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:12 pm

The Mad Asshatter wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:
The Mad Asshatter wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:
Loki120 wrote:Well that's crap. I think most people are aware of who and what G.I.Joe is. And Cobra would work well on screen if done right, these writers have absolutely no imagination and just want to capitalize on the name. Which still doesn't make sense because if no one outside the US wouldn't recognize G.I.Joe as we know it, why release it under the name of G.I.Joe at all?

That sounds SO familiar. :-?

I say that if no one can give the 80's cartoons the proper treatment they deserve, they should be left alone until it can be.

What's next? Care Bears with real bears? "I love you so much, I could just eat you up. ROAR!*child screams*"


How old are you?

Look around the board. I'm tired of saying that I'm smarter than most people my age(People at my old school did drugs and had sex after school, which I never did).


You aren't smart, kid.
Bluebullet, you may want to be careful on how you post here, some Members might remember, when another Member started some crap over on another Site and brought it over here. The post I put in return, put the MODS/ADMINS in fits and I almost got banned from this Site, since then, I have been very careful of what I post on here. Just some helpful advise for you!
BLACKBIRD
Brainmaster
Posts: 1410
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2002 7:53 pm

Postby SeekerInAFakeMoustache » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:45 pm

Senor Hugo wrote:I wish Reloaded was kept going, that series kicked so much ass, and on a side note, Beachhead friggin rules.


There aren't enough adjectives for "cool" to describe Beachhead. He threatens to chew on his enemies.

Senor Hugo wrote:
Loki120 wrote:I never picked up reloaded so I don't know CC's origin from there. But in the regular comics he was once a used car salesman who felt that the government was out to get the little guys like him. He became excessively paranoid and ran out on his wife and took his son with him. He built up Cobra from the small town of Springfield and recruited those who felt like him, and built an empire through illegal pyramid schemes. Cool stuff.


Same in Reloaded, he was a car salesman, who got screwed over by the IRS, taxed to hell, went bankrupt, his wife divorced him and ran off with her lawyer, so he faked his death, blew up his dealership and went Cobra.


And that is a really well-executed scene. It's entirely from his perspective, and he's not the most reliable narrator, but it's one of the few times there's no question at least he believes what he's saying. He also gives these great little televised pep talks throughout the Reloaded series. I'm especially fond of the one he made before Cobra tried to run off with the Constitution.

Yeah, I can see why Hollywood wouldn't want to use him as their little buddy-film's main villain. He's three-dimensional.
In the wrong hands...Image
SeekerInAFakeMoustache
Combiner
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:46 pm
Location: Space, where no one can hear me whine

Postby muswp1 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:31 pm

Weapon: Double-Barreled Assault Missile Launcher
Ok, it sounds like Lorenzo di Bonaventura needs to leave this project. Either that or read the comics. I agree that the comic Cobra Commander would be a much better choice than his cartoon counterpart, mainly because of his much deeper background and he was tougher in the comics than in the early cartoons (which it seems is the only one di Bonaventura has ever seen). Ditching the whole "buddy" aspect of the movie is also a good idea.

I'm not even going to touch how wrong he is about Snake-Eyes. That could be a cool movie by itself, especially if it's based on the Snake-Eyes Declassified series.
"Why do so many people need help? Life's not that complicated. You get up, go to work, eat three meals, take one good s***, and go back to bed. What's the f***ing mystery?" - George Carlin - Complaints & Grievances
User avatar
muswp1
Gestalt
Posts: 2621
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:19 pm
Location: Elgin, IL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Ramrider » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:48 pm

Hell, if they can make an X-Men movie almost entirely about Wolverine, I think Snake-Eyes is equally fair game.
I've never been the hugest of Joe fans (never had the toys or comics), but I've always enjoyed what I've seen, and I've actually got more into it recently.

I'm really not in for this whole Duke/Alex buddy movie thing. If they're going to go back to the whole Alex Mann malarkey, why not go right back to source and make it all about Joseph Colton?
I'm okay with it if, say, they have the two close army buddies (Clay and Alex) who wind up forming this new anti-terrorist organisation. Or something.
But as has been said, while the one-man army was where it all began, and many people know this, it's become a much bigger success as the GI Joe we know now.
Ramrider
Godmaster
Posts: 1678
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:04 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014