Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Gicobra.com and other Seibertron.com sites

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Seibertron » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:04 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Each site would have its own unique forums. I'm building these sites with the assumption that one fandom doesn't want to talk to the other fandom. Each site will have its own unique staff. There might be some crossover between staff members but that will be because of their own choosing and because they rose to the occasion.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23420
News Credits: 765
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Name_Violation » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:09 pm

Motto: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Seibertron wrote:Each site would have its own unique forums. I'm building these sites with the assumption that one fandom doesn't want to talk to the other fandom. Each site will have its own unique staff. There might be some crossover between staff members but that will be because of their own choosing and because they rose to the occasion.

:( that means we gotta make 6 accounts if we wanna be in on all the action.
Image
Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids :KREMZEEK:
People wrote:zombybunnie: N_V scares me...I no longer wish that my pants transformed
Burn:Anyone notice how much of a boring party pooper N_V is? He doesn't join in the fun, he's spent the last few years with dodgy builds feeding XP to the Autobots, and he sure as heck doesn't spam.
disruptor96: I forgot how insane you were.
User avatar
Name_Violation
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9439
News Credits: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: Location, Location
Intelligence: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Editor » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:15 am

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
Name_Violation wrote::( that means we gotta make 6 accounts if we wanna be in on all the action.


And people were worried about name sniping in HMW. hopefully people won't try to do the same on the sister sites.
Image
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
User avatar
Editor
City Commander
Posts: 3236
News Credits: 8
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Vancouver, Cascadia
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Seibertron » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:59 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Name_Violation wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Each site would have its own unique forums. I'm building these sites with the assumption that one fandom doesn't want to talk to the other fandom. Each site will have its own unique staff. There might be some crossover between staff members but that will be because of their own choosing and because they rose to the occasion.

:( that means we gotta make 6 accounts if we wanna be in on all the action.


Unique forums doesn't meant that the accounts can't be shared. I'm thinking of figuring out how to get the database to be shared but have certain forums show up on certain sites.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23420
News Credits: 765
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Anonymous. » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:18 am

Editor wrote:
Name_Violation wrote::( that means we gotta make 6 accounts if we wanna be in on all the action.


And people were worried about name sniping in HMW. hopefully people won't try to do the same on the sister sites.


Trust me, no one's going for 'Editor' on the MyPonyLand branch of the Seibertron.com Network. :P

I mean, I think the aim of the Network is to get a vast amount of new fan populace. If we're spreading the Seibertron population through different brands, then it's not going to work.

I think this will take a lot of work, but once we've gotten it established it will end up being quite beautiful.

But this is totally life changing... I'm a big fan of Battle Beasts and I think it will be great for Planet Beast to act as a 'resource' - It's something that really isn't on the internet. The only thing close is this;

http://www.toyarchive.com/BattleBeasts/BattleBeasts1.html

Anonymous.
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11588
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Editor » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:27 am

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
Blurrz wrote:
Trust me, no one's going for 'Editor' on the MyPonyLand branch of the Seibertron.com Network. :P
Really, because others have used this name in other places. I know what you are saying but it does happen, and some people are more concerned by it that I am, especially if within the same network of sites. How would you feel if some smart ass signed up as Blurrz on a sister site?

Blurrz wrote:[color=teal]
But this is totally life changing... I'm a big fan of Battle Beasts and I think it will be great for Planet Beast to act as a 'resource' - It's something that really isn't on the internet. The only thing close is this;

http://www.toyarchive.com/BattleBeasts/BattleBeasts1.html



http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Battle_Beasts
Image
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
User avatar
Editor
City Commander
Posts: 3236
News Credits: 8
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Vancouver, Cascadia
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Cyber Bishop » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:42 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Again..

Seibertron wrote:Unique forums doesn't meant that the accounts can't be shared. I'm thinking of figuring out how to get the database to be shared but have certain forums show up on certain sites.
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18620
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Venomous Prime » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:33 pm

Motto: "You don't know peace until you've had suffering"
Weapon: Double Venom Lasers
Is planetbeast.com going to have the Battle Beast Gambling from HMW? That was sooo addicting.
Image
User avatar
Venomous Prime
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7428
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:14 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Editor » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:59 am

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
Just wondering Ryan, any timeline that you have for the launching of the new sites, or expanding beyond the homepages for now?
Image
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
User avatar
Editor
City Commander
Posts: 3236
News Credits: 8
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Vancouver, Cascadia
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Delicon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:25 am

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Editor wrote:How would you feel if some smart ass signed up as Blurrz on a sister site?


What would be more likely to happen is for Blurrz to sign up for myponyland.com under an assumed name.

Cuteseyponyboy, for example.

What I want to ask now is beyond Transformers, what other fandoms are you guys into? Is Transformers your top thing or is actually something else?
datguy86 wrote:This is the second TFCC toy named after a vibrator, yes?
Delicon
Gestalt
Posts: 2392
News Credits: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Harleysville, PA (Philly Burbs)
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Bloodlust » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:47 am

Motto: "Motrin and water cures everything"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Delicon wrote:
Editor wrote:How would you feel if some smart ass signed up as Blurrz on a sister site?


What would be more likely to happen is for Blurrz to sign up for myponyland.com under an assumed name.

Cuteseyponyboy, for example.

What I want to ask now is beyond Transformers, what other fandoms are you guys into? Is Transformers your top thing or is actually something else?


Star Wars is above all else for me....so lukevader would be nice....defintely going to that one.
Image
EPIC WIN sig by slip!!
Psychout wrote:Less of the drama please, this is the internet, it's serious business.
User avatar
Bloodlust
Brainmaster
Posts: 1317
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:40 am
Location: Seems to be anywhere but where I want to be
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Name_Violation » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:05 am

Motto: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Delicon wrote:
Editor wrote:How would you feel if some smart ass signed up as Blurrz on a sister site?


What would be more likely to happen is for Blurrz to sign up for myponyland.com under an assumed name.

Cuteseyponyboy, for example.

What I want to ask now is beyond Transformers, what other fandoms are you guys into? Is Transformers your top thing or is actually something else?

i actually like all the other site idea (except twilight)
Image
Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids :KREMZEEK:
People wrote:zombybunnie: N_V scares me...I no longer wish that my pants transformed
Burn:Anyone notice how much of a boring party pooper N_V is? He doesn't join in the fun, he's spent the last few years with dodgy builds feeding XP to the Autobots, and he sure as heck doesn't spam.
disruptor96: I forgot how insane you were.
User avatar
Name_Violation
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9439
News Credits: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: Location, Location
Intelligence: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Venomous Prime » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:16 am

Motto: "You don't know peace until you've had suffering"
Weapon: Double Venom Lasers
Wow, Twilight? Horrible written book that spawned one of the worst movies I have ever seen.
Image
User avatar
Venomous Prime
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7428
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:14 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Editor » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:34 am

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
any chance the twilight site is a joke? it doesn't really mesh with the others. Now a M.A.S.K. site would be a lot more interesting. At least to me.

Then again Robotix, Turtles, Exo-Squad, or inhumaniods would be more interesting to me that a book series that already has plenty of current fan reaction.
Image
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
User avatar
Editor
City Commander
Posts: 3236
News Credits: 8
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Vancouver, Cascadia
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Anonymous. » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:02 pm

Nah, it's real. Ryan's spouse, like every other female on this planet, seems to have an affection towards Twilight.

:BOOM:
Anonymous.
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11588
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Editor » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
I guess I'm just lucky to have a girl who finds twilight as silly as I do.
Image
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
User avatar
Editor
City Commander
Posts: 3236
News Credits: 8
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Vancouver, Cascadia
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Name_Violation » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:30 pm

Motto: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Editor wrote:I guess I'm just lucky to have a girl who finds twilight as silly as I do.

same.

tho I SHOULD make an account on thee under the name "Editor" :P
Image
Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids :KREMZEEK:
People wrote:zombybunnie: N_V scares me...I no longer wish that my pants transformed
Burn:Anyone notice how much of a boring party pooper N_V is? He doesn't join in the fun, he's spent the last few years with dodgy builds feeding XP to the Autobots, and he sure as heck doesn't spam.
disruptor96: I forgot how insane you were.
User avatar
Name_Violation
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9439
News Credits: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: Location, Location
Intelligence: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Anonymous. » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:36 pm

Name_Violation wrote:
Editor wrote:I guess I'm just lucky to have a girl who finds twilight as silly as I do.

same.

tho I SHOULD make an account on thee under the name "Editor" :P


Heck, I wouldn't mind the news job with LittlePonyLand as long as I don't have to buy any figures related to it. Sometimes I'm morally conscious when buying Transformers.. imagine how I'd feel when taking LPL to the cashiers XD.
Anonymous.
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11588
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Editor » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:52 pm

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
Name_Violation wrote:tho I SHOULD make an account on thee under the name "Editor" :P


That would be a direct name violation. Why would you do tha.... Oh I see! :BOOM:
Image
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
User avatar
Editor
City Commander
Posts: 3236
News Credits: 8
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Vancouver, Cascadia
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Delicon » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:39 am

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Blurrz wrote:
Name_Violation wrote:
Editor wrote:I guess I'm just lucky to have a girl who finds twilight as silly as I do.

same.

tho I SHOULD make an account on thee under the name "Editor" :P


Heck, I wouldn't mind the news job with LittlePonyLand as long as I don't have to buy any figures related to it. Sometimes I'm morally conscious when buying Transformers.. imagine how I'd feel when taking LPL to the cashiers XD.


I'm gonna stick with what I know, which is Transformers and G.I. Joe (maybe a smidge of Star Wars), Blurrz you and the purple ponies can have some fun times together if you so choose.
datguy86 wrote:This is the second TFCC toy named after a vibrator, yes?
Delicon
Gestalt
Posts: 2392
News Credits: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Harleysville, PA (Philly Burbs)
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Anonymous. » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:05 am

Yeah minus well change my name over here at Seibertron to cutesyponyboy just for ease of access...
Anonymous.
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11588
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:36 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
You know the more I think about it the cooler I find the idea of a Twilight site, I mean I could troll it with pictures of real Vampires doing Vampire stuff or by using something similar to this as my sig on there.
Image
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13953
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Name_Violation » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:30 am

Motto: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Dead Metal wrote:You know the more I think about it the cooler I find the idea of a Twilight site, I mean I could troll it with pictures of real Vampires doing Vampire stuff or by using something similar to this as my sig on there.
Image

you, good sir, are a god damn hero
Image
Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids :KREMZEEK:
People wrote:zombybunnie: N_V scares me...I no longer wish that my pants transformed
Burn:Anyone notice how much of a boring party pooper N_V is? He doesn't join in the fun, he's spent the last few years with dodgy builds feeding XP to the Autobots, and he sure as heck doesn't spam.
disruptor96: I forgot how insane you were.
User avatar
Name_Violation
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9439
News Credits: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: Location, Location
Intelligence: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Delicon » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:33 am

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Dead Metal wrote:You know the more I think about it the cooler I find the idea of a Twilight site, I mean I could troll it with pictures of real Vampires doing Vampire stuff or by using something similar to this as my sig on there.
Image


Your current avatar actually would even fit.
datguy86 wrote:This is the second TFCC toy named after a vibrator, yes?
Delicon
Gestalt
Posts: 2392
News Credits: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Harleysville, PA (Philly Burbs)
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:05 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Name_Violation wrote:
you, good sir, are a god damn hero

Thank you thank you.

Delicon wrote:Your current avatar actually would even fit.

You mean like this?
Image
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13953
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #104 - Wrath of Con
Twincast / Podcast #104:
"Wrath of Con"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 2nd, 2014