Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Gicobra.com and other Seibertron.com sites

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Bloodlust » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:47 am

Motto: "Motrin and water cures everything"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Delicon wrote:
Editor wrote:How would you feel if some smart ass signed up as Blurrz on a sister site?


What would be more likely to happen is for Blurrz to sign up for myponyland.com under an assumed name.

Cuteseyponyboy, for example.

What I want to ask now is beyond Transformers, what other fandoms are you guys into? Is Transformers your top thing or is actually something else?


Star Wars is above all else for me....so lukevader would be nice....defintely going to that one.
Image
EPIC WIN sig by slip!!
Psychout wrote:Less of the drama please, this is the internet, it's serious business.
User avatar
Bloodlust
Brainmaster
Posts: 1317
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:40 am
Location: Seems to be anywhere but where I want to be
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Name_Violation » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:05 am

Motto: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Delicon wrote:
Editor wrote:How would you feel if some smart ass signed up as Blurrz on a sister site?


What would be more likely to happen is for Blurrz to sign up for myponyland.com under an assumed name.

Cuteseyponyboy, for example.

What I want to ask now is beyond Transformers, what other fandoms are you guys into? Is Transformers your top thing or is actually something else?

i actually like all the other site idea (except twilight)
Image
Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids :KREMZEEK:
People wrote:zombybunnie: N_V scares me...I no longer wish that my pants transformed
Burn:Anyone notice how much of a boring party pooper N_V is? He doesn't join in the fun, he's spent the last few years with dodgy builds feeding XP to the Autobots, and he sure as heck doesn't spam.
disruptor96: I forgot how insane you were.
User avatar
Name_Violation
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9439
News Credits: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: Location, Location
Intelligence: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Venomous Prime » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:16 am

Motto: "You don't know peace until you've had suffering"
Weapon: Double Venom Lasers
Wow, Twilight? Horrible written book that spawned one of the worst movies I have ever seen.
Image
User avatar
Venomous Prime
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7428
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:14 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Editor » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:34 am

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
any chance the twilight site is a joke? it doesn't really mesh with the others. Now a M.A.S.K. site would be a lot more interesting. At least to me.

Then again Robotix, Turtles, Exo-Squad, or inhumaniods would be more interesting to me that a book series that already has plenty of current fan reaction.
Image
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
User avatar
Editor
City Commander
Posts: 3236
News Credits: 8
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Vancouver, Cascadia
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Blurrz » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:02 pm

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Nah, it's real. Ryan's spouse, like every other female on this planet, seems to have an affection towards Twilight.

:BOOM:
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11574
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Editor » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
I guess I'm just lucky to have a girl who finds twilight as silly as I do.
Image
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
User avatar
Editor
City Commander
Posts: 3236
News Credits: 8
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Vancouver, Cascadia
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Name_Violation » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:30 pm

Motto: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Editor wrote:I guess I'm just lucky to have a girl who finds twilight as silly as I do.

same.

tho I SHOULD make an account on thee under the name "Editor" :P
Image
Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids :KREMZEEK:
People wrote:zombybunnie: N_V scares me...I no longer wish that my pants transformed
Burn:Anyone notice how much of a boring party pooper N_V is? He doesn't join in the fun, he's spent the last few years with dodgy builds feeding XP to the Autobots, and he sure as heck doesn't spam.
disruptor96: I forgot how insane you were.
User avatar
Name_Violation
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9439
News Credits: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: Location, Location
Intelligence: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Blurrz » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:36 pm

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Name_Violation wrote:
Editor wrote:I guess I'm just lucky to have a girl who finds twilight as silly as I do.

same.

tho I SHOULD make an account on thee under the name "Editor" :P


Heck, I wouldn't mind the news job with LittlePonyLand as long as I don't have to buy any figures related to it. Sometimes I'm morally conscious when buying Transformers.. imagine how I'd feel when taking LPL to the cashiers XD.
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11574
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Editor » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:52 pm

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
Name_Violation wrote:tho I SHOULD make an account on thee under the name "Editor" :P


That would be a direct name violation. Why would you do tha.... Oh I see! :BOOM:
Image
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
User avatar
Editor
City Commander
Posts: 3236
News Credits: 8
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Vancouver, Cascadia
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Delicon » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:39 am

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Blurrz wrote:
Name_Violation wrote:
Editor wrote:I guess I'm just lucky to have a girl who finds twilight as silly as I do.

same.

tho I SHOULD make an account on thee under the name "Editor" :P


Heck, I wouldn't mind the news job with LittlePonyLand as long as I don't have to buy any figures related to it. Sometimes I'm morally conscious when buying Transformers.. imagine how I'd feel when taking LPL to the cashiers XD.


I'm gonna stick with what I know, which is Transformers and G.I. Joe (maybe a smidge of Star Wars), Blurrz you and the purple ponies can have some fun times together if you so choose.
datguy86 wrote:This is the second TFCC toy named after a vibrator, yes?
Delicon
Gestalt
Posts: 2392
News Credits: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Harleysville, PA (Philly Burbs)
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Blurrz » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:05 am

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Yeah minus well change my name over here at Seibertron to cutesyponyboy just for ease of access...
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11574
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:36 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
You know the more I think about it the cooler I find the idea of a Twilight site, I mean I could troll it with pictures of real Vampires doing Vampire stuff or by using something similar to this as my sig on there.
Image
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13803
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Name_Violation » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:30 am

Motto: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Dead Metal wrote:You know the more I think about it the cooler I find the idea of a Twilight site, I mean I could troll it with pictures of real Vampires doing Vampire stuff or by using something similar to this as my sig on there.
Image

you, good sir, are a god damn hero
Image
Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids :KREMZEEK:
People wrote:zombybunnie: N_V scares me...I no longer wish that my pants transformed
Burn:Anyone notice how much of a boring party pooper N_V is? He doesn't join in the fun, he's spent the last few years with dodgy builds feeding XP to the Autobots, and he sure as heck doesn't spam.
disruptor96: I forgot how insane you were.
User avatar
Name_Violation
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9439
News Credits: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: Location, Location
Intelligence: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Delicon » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:33 am

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Dead Metal wrote:You know the more I think about it the cooler I find the idea of a Twilight site, I mean I could troll it with pictures of real Vampires doing Vampire stuff or by using something similar to this as my sig on there.
Image


Your current avatar actually would even fit.
datguy86 wrote:This is the second TFCC toy named after a vibrator, yes?
Delicon
Gestalt
Posts: 2392
News Credits: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Harleysville, PA (Philly Burbs)
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:05 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Name_Violation wrote:
you, good sir, are a god damn hero

Thank you thank you.

Delicon wrote:Your current avatar actually would even fit.

You mean like this?
Image
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13803
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Editor » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:19 pm

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
:shock: IT BURNS!!! :BOOM:
Image
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
User avatar
Editor
City Commander
Posts: 3236
News Credits: 8
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Vancouver, Cascadia
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Delicon » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Dead Metal wrote:
Name_Violation wrote:
you, good sir, are a god damn hero

Thank you thank you.

Delicon wrote:Your current avatar actually would even fit.

You mean like this?
Image


Yikes?
datguy86 wrote:This is the second TFCC toy named after a vibrator, yes?
Delicon
Gestalt
Posts: 2392
News Credits: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Harleysville, PA (Philly Burbs)
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Mkall » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Editor wrote::shock: IT BURNS!!! :BOOM:

That...

That will haunt me...

forever...
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14016
News Credits: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Cyberstrike » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:21 am

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Why a Twilight fansite Ryan? It seems out of place and no one here really likes it.

I mean there are other fandoms that need some more love: Exosquad, MASK, Robotech, Voltron, Gundam, and Macross, just to name a few. If you want to a vampire fan site then make about vampires in general. Hell I would rather see a Sherlock Holmes fansite than a Twilight fansite.
Image
The X-WCW is the best e-fed in the world today!
Cyberstrike
Gestalt
Posts: 2543
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 2:33 pm
Location: Indiana
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Cyber Bishop » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:27 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Cyberstrike wrote:Why a Twilight fansite Ryan? It seems out of place and no one here really likes it.


Because he is looking to gain users that are not from this site, people that are actually interested in Twilight.

Dead Metal wrote:Image


BRAVO!!
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18592
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Dead Metal » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:45 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Mkall wrote:
Editor wrote::shock: IT BURNS!!! :BOOM:

That...

That will haunt me...

forever...

Every time you close your eyes?

Oh yea just so you guys know, I didn't do the original art piece, I just butchered it by shopping my face into it, badly. The original creator is this guy:
http://bitehattori.deviantart.com/
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13803
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Cyberstrike » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:40 am

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:Why a Twilight fansite Ryan? It seems out of place and no one here really likes it.


Because he is looking to gain users that are not from this site, people that are actually interested in Twilight.


But why focus ONLY (which is what it seems to me that he's doing, if I'm wrong I'm sorry) on Twilight? There are plenty of other vampire novels, movies, TV shows, comics, and video games out there limiting it to one series seems like a waste of time, especially since the audience that currently likes Twilight will grow up and move on to other things and leave Twilight in the dust.
Image
The X-WCW is the best e-fed in the world today!
Cyberstrike
Gestalt
Posts: 2543
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 2:33 pm
Location: Indiana
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby AutobotJazz » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:21 am

Motto: "I do it my way: with style."
Weapon: Electrostatic Discharger Rifle
Cyberstrike wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:Why a Twilight fansite Ryan? It seems out of place and no one here really likes it.


Because he is looking to gain users that are not from this site, people that are actually interested in Twilight.


But why focus ONLY (which is what it seems to me that he's doing, if I'm wrong I'm sorry) on Twilight? There are plenty of other vampire novels, movies, TV shows, comics, and video games out there limiting it to one series seems like a waste of time, especially since the audience that currently likes Twilight will grow up and move on to other things and leave Twilight in the dust.


Becuase it's a niche site. Just like you don't see seibertron.com cover robotech, voltron, gundam, etc.
AutobotJazz
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8881
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:06 pm
Location: Melbourne, Florida

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:29 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I hate to say it but there are already sites like Siebertron that are dedicated to GI Joe. GeneralsJoes, Hisstank, and theterrordrome all fill the need for Joe fans. I don't think GICobra would attract people from those sites. With that said knowing the gang that inhabits the Joe forum here having a whole site to ourselves could be really fun.
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3400
News Credits: 38
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Gicobra.com

Postby Delicon » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:07 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I hate to say it but there are already sites like Siebertron that are dedicated to GI Joe. GeneralsJoes, Hisstank, and theterrordrome all fill the need for Joe fans. I don't think GICobra would attract people from those sites. With that said knowing the gang that inhabits the Joe forum here having a whole site to ourselves could be really fun.


As a GI Joe fan, I have to disagree. Ther are other Joe sites but the only one that comes close to having a Seibertron.com atmosphere is Yojoe.com and the news coverage there in general is pretty lacking compared to our standards.

HISSTANK in particular really lacks in terms of "community" and is more of "my collection is better than yours" and "this figure sucks and that figure sucks"
datguy86 wrote:This is the second TFCC toy named after a vibrator, yes?
Delicon
Gestalt
Posts: 2392
News Credits: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Harleysville, PA (Philly Burbs)
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion