Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

God of War II at Wal-Mart

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

God of War II at Wal-Mart

Postby CyberTooth » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:36 pm

Has anyone out there successfully picked up a copy of GoW at Wal-Mart? All the Stores around here didn't seem to get their copies. Heck they wouldn't even sell me the strategy guide.

I wound up getting both at EB Games at a discounted price, but still... I'm a little annoyed by not being able to buy the dang Strategy guide that was plainly on the shelf.

Is this just Central Kentucky?
CyberTooth
Godmaster
Posts: 1858
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:25 pm

Re: God of War II at Wal-Mart

Postby Sun Runner » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:18 pm

CyberTooth wrote:Has anyone out there successfully picked up a copy of GoW at Wal-Mart? All the Stores around here didn't seem to get their copies. Heck they wouldn't even sell me the strategy guide.

I wound up getting both at EB Games at a discounted price, but still... I'm a little annoyed by not being able to buy the dang Strategy guide that was plainly on the shelf.

Is this just Central Kentucky?


No it's in several stores I went to an EB games and they didn't have any and they were all preordered don't know abiut the guides though didnt bother to ask. Odd since the game is supposed to be out today and alot of stores dont have it.
Sun Runner
Godmaster
Posts: 1674
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 11:48 am

Postby TheMuffin » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:44 am

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Protip: The release date of games is not the Tuesday of each week like with DVD movies. It's the ship date from their warehouse. Unless the storage area is close you won't ever see your game until the day after or till the weekend.
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
Site Moderator
Posts: 11040
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby sniper_samurai » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:41 am

TheMuffin wrote:Protip: The release date of games is not the Tuesday of each week like with DVD movies. It's the ship date from their warehouse. Unless the storage area is close you won't ever see your game until the day after or till the weekend.

That seems a bit stupid. Over here in Ireland the release date for everything is Friday(sometimes you can get them on Thursday evening as they stock the shelf for the following morning). Having everything being released on Friday is good for consumers and good for business as it is the start of the weekend when most people are not working.

The place with the most pathetic day of release has to be the UK where everything except games comes out on Mondays completely missing the weekend rush.

The most annoying thing I find when shopping for games, dvd etc. is searching everywhere for it and finding that not a single store has recieved any copies or the amount of copies is so low it sells out within 5 minutes(e.g. Metal Slug Anthology, in Dublin only Gamestop got copies, even at that it was only 1 copy per store).
Image
Currently Watching:
One Piece
Naruto Shippuden
Bleach
Ergo Proxy
Gundam 00
Yu Yu Hakusho
sniper_samurai
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 924
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:05 pm
Location: Wicklow, Ireland

Postby CyberTooth » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:08 pm

Agreed, if its suppose to be out on Tuesday, then I better be able to get it on Tuesday.

At any rate, played it... loved it, gonna go back and play it again. There's only one part that I kinda rolled my eyes over in the story, but its fun and definitely every bit as good as the first one.
CyberTooth
Godmaster
Posts: 1858
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:25 pm

Postby Down_Shift » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:24 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
I got mine yesterday, and I'm in Canada :???: How does that work? :P

Anyways it wasn't at Wal-mart today but I bought it at EB yesterday. The game it self is awsome, and I've already run into a part where I can't figure out how to get two red orb chests and what is probably a feather for your magic. Any protips for that one Muffin?

PS, the protip thing makes me laugh violently.
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6290
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby TheMuffin » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:09 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Since I no longer have a PS2 I've got nothing on how to get passed that part.
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
Site Moderator
Posts: 11040
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Down_Shift » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:09 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
I figured that one out, now I'm stuck in some crap hole room with three gates and a pressure switch in the middle of the room. There's also a pull switch on the east wall and a colapsable wall behind the east gate. It's driving me insane.

The problem could be that I'm not seeing something because of my TV. It doesn't play well with my PS2.
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6290
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby CyberTooth » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:21 pm

Man, I need a better idea of where you are than that. What portion of the story are you at?

Edit: Wait, I think I know what you're talking about... there's three gates, the lever opens the gate with the dead body in it? Is this the place you're at?
CyberTooth
Godmaster
Posts: 1858
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:25 pm

Postby Down_Shift » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:05 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
CyberTooth wrote:Man, I need a better idea of where you are than that. What portion of the story are you at?

Edit: Wait, I think I know what you're talking about... there's three gates, the lever opens the gate with the dead body in it? Is this the place you're at?


Ya that was the spot. I figured it out after I had finished posting. I couldn't see the the west gate was actually open. I just beat the fat Madusa, and now I'm in a four part puzzle room flooded with water. I haven't spent alot of time in it, but so far the game is amazing.
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6290
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby CyberTooth » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:31 pm

Yeah, I was gonna tell you to pay attention to the water. When you watch the bonus disc they actually tell you about this room in the spoilers section.

Room flooded with water... I liked that room about the only thing that got me was judging when to jump when Kratos is spinning in circles.

What level are you playing it on? I went through on easy the first time just to figure out all the puzzles. You can call it cheating but it sure makes the Titan Setting go by quicker.

By the way, I've found that you can fight a number of the enemies off using just the Circle grab kills. That got me all the way through Rhodes and the first Cerberus fight.
CyberTooth
Godmaster
Posts: 1858
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:25 pm

Postby Down_Shift » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:13 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
CyberTooth wrote:Yeah, I was gonna tell you to pay attention to the water. When you watch the bonus disc they actually tell you about this room in the spoilers section.

Room flooded with water... I liked that room about the only thing that got me was judging when to jump when Kratos is spinning in circles.

What level are you playing it on? I went through on easy the first time just to figure out all the puzzles. You can call it cheating but it sure makes the Titan Setting go by quicker.

By the way, I've found that you can fight a number of the enemies off using just the Circle grab kills. That got me all the way through Rhodes and the first Cerberus fight.
Ya I noticed the Circle grab kills are easy to do in this one. I found that really helpful in the irritating part where you have to jump on big gears floating in red lava (maybe, not really sure what it was) and you have to turn a crank on them to get them to move. What abitch that part was, but the circle kills made is a little easier.
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6290
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Bubbatep » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:11 pm

This time two weeks I'm hoping to have it in my sweaty grasp. Wish it'd come out sooner though :sad:
Image
Bubbatep
Combiner
Posts: 407
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:52 am
Location: County Wikla!

Postby CyberTooth » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:42 pm

To quote Tom Petty "the waiting is the hardest part" however well worth it. Man, I'm going back through in Titan Mode, there's one boss in particular that keeps handing me my butt in a brown paper bag. Stupid ice stalagmites.
CyberTooth
Godmaster
Posts: 1858
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:25 pm

Postby Down_Shift » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:19 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Oh, that guy was a fun fight, but on Titan mode it might drive me insane. Here's a hum-dinger for you.

I'm in a circular room where I have to turn a crank to make a grapple point lower and the room is filled with those f'n fire bats and the constently respawn. I know I can climb up the wall and onto the ceiling but it doesn't seem that there is a point to it. Now on the odd time that I do manage to get the hook all the way down and I manage to grapple onto it, I get gang raped by those f'n bats and end up with extreme video game rage or VGR for short. Any tips on how to make it through without me going insane?
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6290
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Rolltide » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:50 am

Down_Shift wrote:Oh, that guy was a fun fight, but on Titan mode it might drive me insane. Here's a hum-dinger for you.

I'm in a circular room where I have to turn a crank to make a grapple point lower and the room is filled with those f'n fire bats and the constently respawn. I know I can climb up the wall and onto the ceiling but it doesn't seem that there is a point to it. Now on the odd time that I do manage to get the hook all the way down and I manage to grapple onto it, I get gang raped by those f'n bats and end up with extreme video game rage or VGR for short. Any tips on how to make it through without me going insane?


I can't exactly remember for the life of me but is this one of the rooms where you have to destroy the holes they are coming out of? If it ain't sorry, I beat the game last night and can't remember this part clearly.
Image
Rolltide
Combiner
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:44 am

Postby CyberTooth » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:23 am

Man so much of the game is a jumble of monster killing for me... Especially going through on easy mode the first time to solve the puzzles. You just kinda blaze a path through body after body.

I can't exactly remember for the life of me but is this one of the rooms where you have to destroy the holes they are coming out of? If it ain't sorry, I beat the game last night and can't remember this part clearly.


Yeah, there should be a small scene where the AI takes the camera and shows you the holes those critters are coming out of. Is that the place with the giant disc on the wall with the face on it?
---
As for my woes, cause I hope you all have as much trouble as I did.

This guy is relentless I get through the first two segments by basically blocking (and yes blocking everything works) all the swinging attacks, I kill maybe eight monsters only to get randomly spiked. So far though, my best advice is to let the environment weaken the monsters for you by luring them over the hazards. By the time the your on kill number eight your rage meter should be filled back up. I just never dodge enough to actually use it in time.
CyberTooth
Godmaster
Posts: 1858
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:25 pm

Postby Down_Shift » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:24 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
It's in the Temple of the sisters of Fate. It has a big disk with a face on it and it spins as you move turn the crank on the floor.

I don't think there were any pods that I could break like you could when you were inside the Titan. Anyways, it's still driving me insane.
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6290
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Rolltide » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:41 pm

Down_Shift wrote:It's in the Temple of the sisters of Fate. It has a big disk with a face on it and it spins as you move turn the crank on the floor.

I don't think there were any pods that I could break like you could when you were inside the Titan. Anyways, it's still driving me insane.


I know where you're at now and there are holes they come out of that you must destroy. That's why you can climb the wall and get onto the ceiling, they are along the ceiling. I don't rememeber the fire imps really attacking while I was climbing around so once you destroy the holes just kill the one's that are out and then turn the crank and grapple to the point.
Image
Rolltide
Combiner
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:44 am

Postby Down_Shift » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:00 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
You guys were 100% right! I switched TVs when I got home and I could see them clear as day light. Of course then for some stupid reason I switched it back and had a hell of a time clearing the area with the big spikes in the pheonix hall. Other then that, it's going good now!
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6290
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6


Return to Video Games Forum