Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby Kibble » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Motto: "Shut up and take my SQUEE!"
Weapon: No Weapon
I still get dreadful performance on this site using both IE8 and Chrome...and I have a cable modem. The page basically freezes for 10 seconds or more anytime you click to go to a new page.

...oops, probably shoulda been posted in the problem thread.
User avatar
Kibble
City Commander
Posts: 3602
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:54 am

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby Godzillabot Primal » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:18 pm

Motto: "Roll out!"
I would like to see the online members roster somewhere on the View your posts page
Image


Thanks for BeastProwl fixing the link!
User avatar
Godzillabot Primal
Faction Commander
Posts: 4251
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:52 pm
Location: Monster island
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby Sideswipe501 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:49 am

Make and android iPhone app
Sideswipe501
Mini-Con
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:45 pm
Watch Sideswipe501 on YouTube

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby ArmadaPrime » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:26 pm

Motto: "Today's tomorrow is tomorrows today."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Perhaps a "go to first unred post" button straight from the "view your posts" page. Just cos I'm lazy :p
Image
Feel free to add me as an ally on Transformers Legends! (113091894)
Did you know? Rosie Huntington-Whitely's great-great-uncle served in the second world war, and his grandfather was a conservative Prime Minister.
User avatar
ArmadaPrime
Headmaster
Posts: 1171
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:41 am
Location: A place devoid of all life, happiness, light and generations figures...Berkshire.-Waspshot23
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 8

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby OptiMagnus » Wed May 02, 2012 10:29 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I noticed the link to the Collections Forum has been removed from the Toys Forum. I know the Collections Forum is large enough to be completely autonomous now, but some of the new members seem to be getting confused as to where to put their collections, as they'd expect collections to be with the toys. Could the Collections Forum link be added back onto the Toys Forum page for convenience purposes?
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
User avatar
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby OptiMagnus » Mon May 07, 2012 8:01 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
It was mentioned in the thread about interviews in this forum something about interviewing the members of Seibertron. I like that idea, because I think it makes the site more social if we can learn a little bit about each other. I think it would be fun to have the mods interview each other too. It's not like we have a shortage of members, so I think an interview segment could live for a while and be a little more entertaining than just news.
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
User avatar
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby Godzillabot Primal » Sat May 19, 2012 8:56 am

Motto: "Roll out!"
I would like to suggest a live chat feed. For the few of us that like to RP something other then Countdown to Extinction, it would mean a lot :D
Image


Thanks for BeastProwl fixing the link!
User avatar
Godzillabot Primal
Faction Commander
Posts: 4251
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:52 pm
Location: Monster island
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby BeastProwl » Sat May 19, 2012 9:35 am

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
OptiMagnus wrote:It was mentioned in the thread about interviews in this forum something about interviewing the members of Seibertron. I like that idea, because I think it makes the site more social if we can learn a little bit about each other. I think it would be fun to have the mods interview each other too. It's not like we have a shortage of members, so I think an interview segment could live for a while and be a little more entertaining than just news.

I had actually been thinking heavely on this, to the point were I was going to ask if I could do it, but I'm no mod, so that ship sank...
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6065
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby DJrasmo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:52 am

Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Perhaps you guys could further split some of the boards into more sections? Especially now that you have such a following and the boards have grown so much.

For example...the "TF Cartoons and Comics" forum could be well-served to be split between the different cartoon generations...G1, Animated, BW, etc.

Each person has their own favorite, and that way you could click directly to the generation of your personal interest without having to wade through pages upon pages looking for that ONE post about the cartoon generation you are actually interested in talking about...

("TF Toys" and especially "TF Toy Review" could be done the same way, and would make navigating those two areas alot more streamlined...especially for peeps like me who enjoy watching other people's toy reviews)

Just my two cents...Excelsior!
"Bah Weep Grahna Weep Ninnee Bong"
"Now, without making any sudden movements, offer them an Energon Goodie..."
DJrasmo
Minibot
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:14 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby SkyWarpt » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:04 am

Motto: "Having kids…the perfect excuse to be a kid"
Weapon: Scatter Blaster
A collector data base checklist that links to a member's profile, that way members would have an online "catalog" of their collection, and be able to share it with other members. Would be cool, but may be tough to pull off. Love this site regardless!
"Fair is foul, and foul is fair; as I Hover through the fog and filthy air" -ShakesSPEAR
Image
User avatar
SkyWarpt
Minibot
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:02 am
Location: Killeen, TX
Buy from SkyWarpt on eBay

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby Godzillabot Primal » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:22 pm

Motto: "Roll out!"
I still think that a chat feed would be cool ;)
Image


Thanks for BeastProwl fixing the link!
User avatar
Godzillabot Primal
Faction Commander
Posts: 4251
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:52 pm
Location: Monster island
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:37 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
This is because I am a nerd, and a fanboy, and everything else.

Could we add a Star Seekers faction symbol in the allegiance drop menu?

Image
The Amazing Adventures of Dennis and Bruce!
The only thing better than setting yourself on fire! -njb902


Image
Photo by robotmel
User avatar
Va'al
News Staff
Posts: 6301
News Credits: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby Banjo-Tron » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
I do miss the 3rd party stuff on the news feed, and I know this conversation has been done to death. But surely the amount of 3rd-party stuff could be restricted, to, say, major updates, new figures etc. Not a million dr. wu pictures which are slightly clearer than those that proceed them.

The TFC Superion is a work of art. It's a shame that it has been consigned to a corner of the forum. I consider a piece like that to be a major watershed for Transformers, when you see how stunning the jet modes are - a technological leap if you will. EVERY fan deserves to see them on the front page.

My question is, is there really no middle ground, where some 3rd party stuff (high priority only) can be placed back on the news pages? I'm advocating a trickle, not a flood, and certainly not a return to the days when every item was 3rd party. :D
User avatar
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
Posts: 1690
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:51 am
Location: UK, Surrey

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby Burn » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:15 pm

Banjo-Tron wrote:I do miss the 3rd party stuff on the news feed, and I know this conversation has been done to death. But surely the amount of 3rd-party stuff could be restricted, to, say, major updates, new figures etc. Not a million dr. wu pictures which are slightly clearer than those that proceed them.

The TFC Superion is a work of art. It's a shame that it has been consigned to a corner of the forum. I consider a piece like that to be a major watershed for Transformers, when you see how stunning the jet modes are - a technological leap if you will. EVERY fan deserves to see them on the front page.

My question is, is there really no middle ground, where some 3rd party stuff (high priority only) can be placed back on the news pages? I'm advocating a trickle, not a flood, and certainly not a return to the days when every item was 3rd party. :D


There's a thread for that to be discussed ...
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38130
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby BeastProwl » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:35 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Nevermind, this should have gone in the problem reporting thread. That and it wasnt even on this site, I had another tab open, sorry. :oops:
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6065
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby Banjo-Tron » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:50 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
Burn wrote:
Banjo-Tron wrote:I do miss the 3rd party stuff on the news feed, and I know this conversation has been done to death. But surely the amount of 3rd-party stuff could be restricted, to, say, major updates, new figures etc. Not a million dr. wu pictures which are slightly clearer than those that proceed them.

The TFC Superion is a work of art. It's a shame that it has been consigned to a corner of the forum. I consider a piece like that to be a major watershed for Transformers, when you see how stunning the jet modes are - a technological leap if you will. EVERY fan deserves to see them on the front page.

My question is, is there really no middle ground, where some 3rd party stuff (high priority only) can be placed back on the news pages? I'm advocating a trickle, not a flood, and certainly not a return to the days when every item was 3rd party. :D


There's a thread for that to be discussed ...


Noted, but then this is a thread about how to improve things on the site though right? I think the site would be improved with a small amount of 3rd party coverage (similar to your creative roundup) on the main page. Not sure if Ryan is even looking at the 3rd party discussions anymore, so how else will he see the suggestion.
User avatar
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
Posts: 1690
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:51 am
Location: UK, Surrey

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby Burn » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:09 am

Any suggestions relating to 3rd party stuff can be discussed in that thread. That's the last time I'm going to say it.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38130
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby Banjo-Tron » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:00 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
Burn wrote:Any suggestions relating to 3rd party stuff can be discussed in that thread. That's the last time I'm going to say it.

That thread seems to have mysteriously disappeared. What now?
User avatar
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
Posts: 1690
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:51 am
Location: UK, Surrey

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby MightyMagnus78 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:56 am

Motto: ""Consistency is victory.""
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Probably been suggested a million times before but...

Could you not get the site sponsors on board and have monthly giveaways/competitions?

Or maybe members could get/win discounts from site sponsors on purchases?
Image
User avatar
MightyMagnus78
Brainmaster
Posts: 1416
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:35 pm
Location: Cannock, Staffordshire, England
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby Godzillabot Primal » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:51 am

Motto: "Roll out!"
MightyMagnus78 wrote:Probably been suggested a million times before but...

Could you not get the site sponsors on board and have monthly giveaways/competitions?

Or maybe members could get/win discounts from site sponsors on purchases?


Despite the fact that sounds awesome, the sponsers probably wouldn't be comfortable with giving out free toys/coupons to only certain people. I mean it would be great to win a set of all the Hercles figures, but that would set back the company about 700 dollars
Image


Thanks for BeastProwl fixing the link!
User avatar
Godzillabot Primal
Faction Commander
Posts: 4251
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:52 pm
Location: Monster island
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby MightyMagnus78 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:15 pm

Motto: ""Consistency is victory.""
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Godzillabot Primal wrote:
MightyMagnus78 wrote:Probably been suggested a million times before but...

Could you not get the site sponsors on board and have monthly giveaways/competitions?

Or maybe members could get/win discounts from site sponsors on purchases?


Despite the fact that sounds awesome, the sponsers probably wouldn't be comfortable with giving out free toys/coupons to only certain people. I mean it would be great to win a set of all the Hercles figures, but that would set back the company about 700 dollars


OK fair point, but a small discount surely wouldn't be to hard for them to swallow?

EDIT: Or maybe have competitions were the first prize is for example, a 20% discount off your next purchase at... (insert site sponsor)?
Last edited by MightyMagnus78 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
MightyMagnus78
Brainmaster
Posts: 1416
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:35 pm
Location: Cannock, Staffordshire, England
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby Godzillabot Primal » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:07 pm

Motto: "Roll out!"
MightyMagnus78 wrote:
Godzillabot Primal wrote:
MightyMagnus78 wrote:Probably been suggested a million times before but...

Could you not get the site sponsors on board and have monthly giveaways/competitions?

Or maybe members could get/win discounts from site sponsors on purchases?


Despite the fact that sounds awesome, the sponsers probably wouldn't be comfortable with giving out free toys/coupons to only certain people. I mean it would be great to win a set of all the Hercles figures, but that would set back the company about 700 dollars


OK fair point, but a small discount surely wouldn't be to hard for them to swallow?

EDIT: Or maybe have competitions were the first prise is for example, a 20% discount off your next purchase at... (insert site sponsor)?


Excellent point, This would be a awesome addition

plus a live chat would be epic!
Image


Thanks for BeastProwl fixing the link!
User avatar
Godzillabot Primal
Faction Commander
Posts: 4251
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:52 pm
Location: Monster island
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby skywarp55 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:04 pm

allow us to favorite articles and like articles and have notifications if someone makes a reply on your article that you have made.
skywarp55
Mini-Con
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:18 am
Watch skywarp55 on YouTube

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby Burn » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:37 pm

skywarp55 wrote:allow us to favorite articles and like articles


I'd like to see that too.

have notifications if someone makes a reply on your article that you have made.


You can get e-mail alerts when someone replies to a thread you've created/posted in. When you post you'll see Options beneath "Save" "Preview" "Submit" and one of those is "Notify me when a reply is posted" Just tick that and you'll get an e-mail notification.
(You can also turn it on or off by default via your control panel)

Or were you suggesting something else like an alert at the top of the page? (Similar to how Facebook works)
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38130
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Got an idea to improve Seibertron.com? Let us know!

Postby RhA » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Burn wrote:
skywarp55 wrote:allow us to favorite articles and like articles


I'd like to see that too.

That is a great idea.
Image
Latest TF: AOE Leader Optimus Prime, AOE Crosshairs & G1 Siren
User avatar
RhA
City Commander
Posts: 3926
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Underwhere
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014