Seibertron.com wrote:Panel guests included:
Hasbro Studios (Burbank, CA):
- Mike Vogel - Vice President, development
- Brian Lenard - Executive Director
- Jeff Kline - Producer, Transformers Prime
- Duane Capizzi - Producer, Transformers Prime
Hasbro (Providence, RI):
- Jerry Jivoin - Director, global brand management
- Andy Schmidt - Director, design & development
- Clint Chapman - Global Brand Manageer, Transformers
Showed us a clip reel of Transformers Prime Season 2
Showed us a villians clip
and then showed us Shockwave introducing Predaking from Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters"
The Predacons are Cybertron's versions of Dinosaurs
Looks like new toys from the ground up, new head sculpts, new "helmets", accessories, etc
Bumblebee with Hawkbow
Smokescreen with Chain Bolter
Airachnid with Novastinger Bow
Twinstrike with Piston Hammer (looks like a Sinnertwin homage)
Bulkhead with Nova Hammer (in Roadbuster colors)
Predaking with Cybervenom Rocket
Sky Claw with Smokescreen (Smokescreen in Alternators color scheme with #7 on doors/wings)
Apex Armor with Breakdown
Bumblebee with Hawkbow (loaded with weapons ... looks awesome)
Soundwave & Ravage with Thunder Talon
Wheeljack with Falcon Spear
Lazerback with Toxic Strike Blaster
Predaking with Hydrafire blasters (robot mode to be revealed later)
New packaging for Beast Hunters
Commented that the Beasts are large and heavy, larger than regular figures. I think they stated that the packaging for the beasts would be larger than others. Not sure if this translates to price or not.
Instructions to have a bit of story in them now (not sure if this replaces bios or not on packaging). Each instructions story leads into anothers. Runs through deluxe and voyager instructions.
Bumblebee instructions text: With the threat of Predaking looming over them all, every AUTOBOT dedicates himself to discovering some means of battling the PREDACON overlord. But it is the scout BUMBLEBEE who discovers what may be the key to victory. Buried deep within data recovered alongside one of the Iacon Relics he finds evidence of a direlict transport starship - a courier packed with weapons more ancient than any relic yet recovered - set adrift ages ago among the asteroids girdling Earth's solar system. With no other way to reach the ancient ship, and not wanting to waste time, he contacts WHEELJACK, hoping the AUTOBOT mercenary can provide transport and - if it turns out to be a trap - an extra blaster. Continued in Chapter 2 deluxe SOUNDWAVE ...
Ripclaw with Military Officer Kreon and Ripclaw Kreon
Bumblebee with Skystalker + 2 Kreons (Bumblebee is a 4x4 vehicle)
Trailcutter vs Grimwing
Windcharger vs Corhada
Different sizes for Generations
Introducting Transformers Generations Platinum Edition ... coming out late 2012/early 2013
Remolded and recolored Energon Omega Supreme (new head with flip down visor, new claw hand)
Energon Optimus Prime in G1 Optimus Prime color scheme
Packaging looks amazing (artwork for Omega Supreme will be revised), gold foil packaging, 5th panel window, G1 comic inspired artwork, carrying handleTransformers Q&A
- Are the upcoming Masterpieces coming to U.S.? Partnership with Toys R Us. No specific plans. But I would consider that they'll be here.
- Still moving forward with Transformers Universe MMO from Jagex
- Looking into bringing Arms Micron Unicron to U.S., but no set plans yet
- Beast Wars or "who knows what can happen" in 30th anniversary / 2014
- Talked about retail prices ... don't control retail prices
- Sgt Kup and Rumble last two figures before Beast Hunters
- Will we see Dinobots in season 3? Stay tuned!
- Teased that Bruticus in G1 colors at retail?
- Maybe and stay tuned to more Combiners. More to announce soon! Love the deluxe combiners.
- Will Unicron be showing up again? Stay tuned ...
- Keeping close eye on which characters from IDW comics are popular ... might translate as toys. Stay tuned!
- Teased that deluxe Smokescreen might be coming
- Want to make sure that all of the characters from the show make it out as toys
- Voyager Prime Grimlock possibility?
Click on the images below to view the gallery of Hasbro's Transformers brand panel ...