Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Heads Heads Heads

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Heads Heads Heads

Postby Dyn@mo » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:21 am

Spot the difference using this at-a-glance reference guide:

Image
Image
User avatar
Dyn@mo
Minibot
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:47 am

Postby Scatterlung » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:17 am

Motto: "I'd just like to remind you all that I'm best. Thank you."
Weapon: Mighty Ear
That's not fair, the toys of Ironhide and Ratchet don't HAVE heads!

Other than that...

Prime has the iconic crest and ear..annatenae

Starscream has the ELEMENTS of his G1 head, though they're different obviously in appearance.

Movie Bumblebee seems to more resemble his toy.

And so long as Jazz has the visor, everyones happy.

...Why is soundwave being compared to Blackout?
User avatar
Scatterlung
City Commander
Posts: 3007
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 9:52 am
Location: England, yo
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Neko » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:35 am

Meverix wrote:
...Why is soundwave being compared to Blackout?


I thought he was being compared to Frenzy... :-?
Image
Neko
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9739
News Credits: 21
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:29 pm

Postby Scatterlung » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:39 am

Motto: "I'd just like to remind you all that I'm best. Thank you."
Weapon: Mighty Ear
Neko wrote:
Meverix wrote:
...Why is soundwave being compared to Blackout?


I thought he was being compared to Frenzy... :-?


Well the picture there is of Blackouts face...

And where IS frenzy? We've seen a render of him now, why's he not on there?

And we should've compared Spikes and Carlys/Mikaelas too methinks :P
User avatar
Scatterlung
City Commander
Posts: 3007
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 9:52 am
Location: England, yo
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Predaprince » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:37 am

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
Meverix wrote:And so long as Jazz has the visor, everyones happy.



Just a warning, the last thing you want to do while in the danger room (I mean TF Live Movie Forum) is make general statements about other people's opinions.

You are quite lucky that I am the first person to disagree with this statement of yours since I am not one of the posters who would flame you about it.

Anyway, I did enjoy looking at the Bumblebees. The movie BB does indeed look like the G1 toy, which I didn't realize until seeing this.
User avatar
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17277
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Char
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby Shadowman » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:56 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
I wonder why aliens have to look like insects. :-?

Oh well, I'm sure all REAL aliens look exactly human.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28787
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby kjeevah » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:07 am

Meverix wrote:...Why is soundwave being compared to Blackout?


easy, thats who blackout was based on. he was originally called soundwave. hence why he looks like soundwave, has a big sonic cannon thing above his head, and has an animalistic mini-bot (skorponok) on hand ready to pop out of him.

several of the robots in the movie have been through several changes of identity, including barricade, blackout and frenzy.
kjeevah
Minibot
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:08 pm

Postby Predaprince » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:10 am

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
Is it just me or does the movie Ironhide's head look like a bull?
User avatar
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17277
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Char
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby Alex Kingdom » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:15 am

Shadowman wrote:I wonder why aliens have to look like insects. :-?


Because H.R Giger says so. Ever since his imaginative anamorphic design for 'Alien' Hollywood have have pretty much taken the 'insect' look as the template for all scary aliens ever since. As happens a lot in Hollywood if something works once they figure it will work a 100 times over. It has very little to do with what looks realistic or suitable for the big screen and a lot to to with playing it safe.

Yours AK
Image
Alex Kingdom
Banned
Posts: 12258
News Credits: 15
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:16 am

Postby Dyn@mo » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:54 pm

Predaprince wrote:Is it just me or does the movie Ironhide's head look like a bull?



Yeah, I think they took the "old cowboy" thing literally.

If you squint your eyes it also looks very much like a stetson.
Image
User avatar
Dyn@mo
Minibot
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:47 am

Postby Cyber Bishop » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:47 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Predaprince wrote:Is it just me or does the movie Ironhide's head look like a bull?


Nope not just you..
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18552
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Postby Grendel » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:13 pm

to be honest, looking at the movie faces, I kinda wish they just gave them all faceplates, then they wouldn't have to deal with the question of expressions, and still have them look like transformer heads
Image
Grendel
Gestalt
Posts: 2596
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:39 pm

Postby Shadowman » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:08 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Alex Kingdom wrote:
Shadowman wrote:I wonder why aliens have to look like insects. :-?


Because H.R Giger says so. Ever since his imaginative anamorphic design for 'Alien' Hollywood have have pretty much taken the 'insect' look as the template for all scary aliens ever since. As happens a lot in Hollywood if something works once they figure it will work a 100 times over. It has very little to do with what looks realistic or suitable for the big screen and a lot to to with playing it safe.

Yours AK


See, in deleting the second line of my post, you apparently missed the whole point.

I implied sarcastically that wanting aliens to look human is making a bit of a stretch, as it is very doubtful that any other life in the universe looks like us.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28787
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:36 pm

Jeez, I guess I never realized how the Jazz movie design is pretty much the closest to the G1 show... that's just me, though. I mean, the visor, the 'ears.' It fits.
Image

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6972
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:43 pm

Postby Faceful of Kitchen » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:45 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Alex Kingdom wrote:
Shadowman wrote:I wonder why aliens have to look like insects. :-?


Because H.R Giger says so. Ever since his imaginative anamorphic design for 'Alien' Hollywood have have pretty much taken the 'insect' look as the template for all scary aliens ever since. As happens a lot in Hollywood if something works once they figure it will work a 100 times over. It has very little to do with what looks realistic or suitable for the big screen and a lot to to with playing it safe.

Yours AK


See, in deleting the second line of my post, you apparently missed the whole point.

I implied sarcastically that wanting aliens to look human is making a bit of a stretch, as it is very doubtful that any other life in the universe looks like us.

bah, i had a nice long response all typed out, and then i got an error message when i tried to post and lost the whole thing. i don't feel like retyping it, and i've said this to you before (evidently ak isn't the only one who's "missed the point") when you made similar statements, so i'll make this quick:

(1) your argument is a straw man fallacy. it's never been about humanoid or not, it's about recognzable as (insert character) or not. superman's an alien too, and you can't tell me it would be wrong to have a problem with someone making a new movie where he didn't look humanoid.

(2) it's absolutely no more or less realistic for aliens to look insectoid than it is for them to look humanoid. there's no added realism there, it's only a farce.

(3) aside from the heads , they do look more or less humanoid.
Faceful of Kitchen
City Commander
Posts: 3234
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:52 pm

Postby Shadowman » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:59 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Trans4mers4ever wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Alex Kingdom wrote:
Shadowman wrote:I wonder why aliens have to look like insects. :-?


Because H.R Giger says so. Ever since his imaginative anamorphic design for 'Alien' Hollywood have have pretty much taken the 'insect' look as the template for all scary aliens ever since. As happens a lot in Hollywood if something works once they figure it will work a 100 times over. It has very little to do with what looks realistic or suitable for the big screen and a lot to to with playing it safe.

Yours AK


See, in deleting the second line of my post, you apparently missed the whole point.

I implied sarcastically that wanting aliens to look human is making a bit of a stretch, as it is very doubtful that any other life in the universe looks like us.

bah, i had a nice long response all typed out, and then i got an error message when i tried to post and lost the whole thing. i don't feel like retyping it, and i've said this to you before (evidently ak isn't the only one who's "missed the point") when you made similar statements, so i'll make this quick:

(1) your argument is a straw man fallacy. it's never been about humanoid or not, it's about recognzable as (insert character) or not. superman's an alien too, and you can't tell me it would be wrong to have a problem with someone making a new movie where he didn't look humanoid.

(2) it's absolutely no more or less realistic for aliens to look insectoid than it is for them to look humanoid. there's no added realism there, it's only a farce.

(3) aside from the heads , they do look more or less humanoid.


I've never heard any of this. Perhaps I didn't care.

I'll focus on #2, because #1 and #3 really don't mean much to me.

Do you know what aliens look like? I'm just wondering. Obviously you're the Go-To guy on what aliens should look like, given you know so much about Life Elsewhere.

So they don't look human, and they don't look insectoid. What DO they look like?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28787
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Archibald Witwicky » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:01 pm

Trans4mers4ever wrote:(2) it's absolutely no more or less realistic for aliens to look insectoid than it is for them to look humanoid. there's no added realism there, it's only a farce.


Yes, actually, it is. Contrary to Alex's 'It's a hollywood cliche!' argument, aliens = insects is a long running sci-fi tradition, and with good reason.

A) Insects and fish are the most widespread, populous higher level life forms on this planet. There is a far wider variety and multitude of them than humans, birds, lizards, or anything else. Statistically, an alien is more likely to look like them than us.

B) Insects more than any other higher level life form can adapt to incredibly harsh living conditions. Life forms similar to insects would have an increased chance of survival, and therefore evolution, on harsh alien homeworlds. And there are far more of those than there are earth-like planets. For human like life to evolve on another planet, you'd essentially need a planet that matchs earth, both physically and historically, down to tiny detail.

So, sorry, yes. Insectoid aliens DO make far more sense than humanoid aliens. That's not neccisarily a good argument for making transformers look insectoid. But this 'OMG it's a stupid bs cliche' argument is well, a bs cliche.
Archibald Witwicky
City Commander
Posts: 3348
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:08 pm

Postby Faceful of Kitchen » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:55 pm

CRAP! every time i try to post in this topic, it gives me the same damn error message and deletes my post!

Archibald Witwicky wrote:
Trans4mers4ever wrote:(2) it's absolutely no more or less realistic for aliens to look insectoid than it is for them to look humanoid. there's no added realism there, it's only a farce.


Yes, actually, it is. Contrary to Alex's 'It's a hollywood cliche!' argument, aliens = insects is a long running sci-fi tradition, and with good reason.

A) Insects and fish are the most widespread, populous higher level life forms on this planet. There is a far wider variety and multitude of them than humans, birds, lizards, or anything else. Statistically, an alien is more likely to look like them than us.

B) Insects more than any other higher level life form can adapt to incredibly harsh living conditions. Life forms similar to insects would have an increased chance of survival, and therefore evolution, on harsh alien homeworlds. And there are far more of those than there are earth-like planets. For human like life to evolve on another planet, you'd essentially need a planet that matchs earth, both physically and historically, down to tiny detail.

So, sorry, yes. Insectoid aliens DO make far more sense than humanoid aliens. That's not neccisarily a good argument for making transformers look insectoid. But this 'OMG it's a stupid bs cliche' argument is well, a bs cliche.




ok, to summarize what i previously typed, i was debating humanoid vs. insectoid in appearance only. i'm well aware that insects are much better adapted to survival in harsh conditions, but that has little to do with body shape.

Shadowman wrote:I've never heard any of this. Perhaps I didn't care.

I'll focus on #2, because #1 and #3 really don't mean much to me.

Do you know what aliens look like? I'm just wondering. Obviously you're the Go-To guy on what aliens should look like, given you know so much about Life Elsewhere.

So they don't look human, and they don't look insectoid. What DO they look like?

the fact that you ignore my first point is rather telling, as that's the one that renders your entire argument pointless: you're arguing against something nobody said! the other two are just minor quibbles tacked on as an afterthought. as for point #2, i never said i know what aliens would look like. i said nobody does, and in all likelyhood, they'd be totally unlike anything on earth. not humanoid, not insectoid, and not belonging to any other class of being that has ever existed on this planet. my point is that using realism as an argument for an insectoid appearance is stupid (especially in this case, as the primary insectoid element is the head).
Faceful of Kitchen
City Commander
Posts: 3234
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:52 pm

Postby dragons » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:01 pm

sorry that it is samll i thought this might make things a little less confusing.???

Image
dragons
Gestalt
Posts: 2456
News Credits: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:28 pm

Postby Immortal Starscream » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:10 pm

actualy, frenzy was origionaly going to be soundwave, not blackout. started as soundwave, then became soundbite, and finaly frenzy.
Image
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
Posts: 1101
News Credits: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:28 pm

Postby NewFoundStarscreamLuv » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:29 pm

Does anyone else think movie primes eyes are really low and wide set? he looks like his nose got smashed or something.
NewFoundStarscreamLuv
Micromaster
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:24 am

Postby lilcarus » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:16 am

Immortal Starscream wrote:actualy, frenzy was origionaly going to be soundwave, not blackout. started as soundwave, then became soundbite, and finaly frenzy.


i'm with the other guy...there are far too many arrows that point to blackout being soundwave...his soul job is all the same shit soundwave does...disable the military and knock out electronic communications...kick much ass with a friend that ejects from your body...i mean come on all the signs are there.

frenzy is his own spin off character that was based on a broken cd and or mirror..


kjeevah wrote:
Meverix wrote:...Why is soundwave being compared to Blackout?


easy, thats who blackout was based on. he was originally called soundwave. hence why he looks like soundwave, has a big sonic cannon thing above his head, and has an animalistic mini-bot (skorponok) on hand ready to pop out of him.
lilcarus
Minibot
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:44 am

Postby Barricade » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:50 am

Motto: ""to punish and enslave...""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
soundwave should be compared to barricade...... frenzy DOES come out of his chest afterall
Image
User avatar
Barricade
Gestalt
Posts: 2257
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:17 pm
Location: Ramstein AB, Germany
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 3
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Alex Kingdom » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:25 am

Shadowman wrote:I implied sarcastically that wanting aliens to look human is making a bit of a stretch, as it is very doubtful that any other life in the universe looks like us.


Have you looked at any G1 to present day Transformers? Because they sure as hell don't look like humans, and they don't look like insects either. If their argument for making the design look the way they do is that it make them look more alien then why make their robots modes humanoid at all? Why give then two arms, two legs, one head? They look this way because it is a 'Hollywood cliche' regardless of any pseudo science that might suggest that fish/insects are more likely to be the form aliens would take. Transformers arent even organic, why would they adhere to that?

Yours AK
Image
Alex Kingdom
Banned
Posts: 12258
News Credits: 15
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:16 am

Postby kjeevah » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:51 pm

Crimson Dynamo wrote:
Predaprince wrote:Is it just me or does the movie Ironhide's head look like a bull?



Yeah, I think they took the "old cowboy" thing literally.

If you squint your eyes it also looks very much like a stetson.


or even better still, a bull in a cowboy hat:

Image
kjeevah
Minibot
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:08 pm

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014