Shadowman wrote: Bluebullet wrote: Shadowman wrote: Bluebullet wrote: Shadowman wrote:
Kreepy boy wrote:the heads shouldent matter at all yes it is nice to see some familer faces but it is in my opinion that the personalaty is what matters that is why we love the transformert because we can relate to there problems and conflicts even if they are not exact copies IE mute bumble bee he doesn't have to talk to be enduring he still cares for and wants to help and protect his friend sam/spike
Thank you! You just explained point #1 on why designs don't matter.
For the most part, they've got the personalities down. Prime is still Prime, Starscream still hates Megatron (And vice versa), Bumblebee is just as he always was.
I think the only difference is that Megatron hates the humans even more than in the cartoon. He even refuses to speak their language.
Also, Scorpinok being a drone, but is that really that bad? (Answer: No)
I'm gonna pull something you normally do...
You really think I'm out of tricks? We'll see about that.
How do you know? You haven't seen the movie yet!
A couple of reasons:
1. The writers publically annouced each TF in the movie, and their personalities.
2. Script leaks.
Oh, really? Bumblebee is a mute, and in the script, he acts like Shia's friggin dog. Megatron is a vampire. Ironhide considers killing Sam's parents. Do you really believe that Bay&Co are telling the truth about Starscream? They could be saying that he still hates Megatron, but doesn't show it in the movie. After all, he wants to save Megatron. Are these the same personality traits we grew to love? No.
1. They had to make some changes.
Not all changes were needed. Prime didn't need flames. Megatron didn't need to be a vampire. Bumblebee didn't need to be a mute. There could've been decent human faces(Jazz looks like Freddy Kruger, therefore, he doesn't count), Human hands, etc...; Bay just wanted another alien invasion movie.
2. Bumblebee was always Spike's bitch. Have you ever seen G1? And in any case, being mute isn't a personality trait.
No, BB was Spike's friend. Movie BB moves his car doors like dog ears. BB was a chatter box, now he is a mute. It does count as a personality trait.
3. Remember Beast Machines? Megatron ate sparks there, too. And don't pull that "That's not the same Megatron" bull on me, either. Movie Megs isn't that same. The writer's are allowed to take from any souce, it's their choice.
No, BM Megs captured sparks and stored them. The writers pulled the vampire thing out of their asses.
4. Ironhide was always a badass. Now, with a PG-13 rating, they can turn that badassness into something bigger.
How does killing people equal badass? If I killed your parents, would you call me badass?
5. Now you're assuming. I need to read the script, so can someone PM me a copy? But I'm quite sure the writer's wouldn't straight out lie to us.
I don't have the script on my computer, but movie Starscream only says one or two sentences. When he does, it's in "alien language". The subtitle shows that he says something to the effect of "At your command, Lord Megatron." Plus, Starscream is trying to rescue Megatron. When has he ever done that?
6. Like I said, they had to change some things. Nothing can be an exact carbon copy, and if it was, this movie would fail.
No one wanted a carbon copy. We wanted a movie which updated the original show in a proper way. Ex: Alternator-like designs, Megatron a tank, same or close to personalities, more serious story, etc..; Instead, we got a mindless alien monster invasion movie with second-rate acting and no respect to the source material.