Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Heads up for when the worst happens

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby Dead Metal » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:44 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Bowspearer wrote:
Burn wrote:Good thing I have no savings then. >:oP


You're going to wish you had when this invariably hits - and there's evidence of both sides being complicit in it in Australian politics. I don't think you quite grasp the reality of something like this happening. It's not just a case of people having their savings stolen; essential services grind to a halt and people aren't paid wages. These days, every person, every organisation, every business, all have bank accounts. When this hits - and given the high level international push for this to be implemented transnationally, it is very much a "when" rather than an "if" - expect to not be paid wages because your employer's funds that they would have paid you with will have been frozen.

No, if what you say is going to happen and the system crashes completely no amount of savings is going to help you, which is why investing in gold is also pretty worthless.
If the system truly does go down the drain on a global scale the way you're saying, this is what's going to happen:
Image
Image
See the things the children are playing with? And the stuff that's being weighed as paper waste to determine its value as paper? That's money.
If what you say does happen, the entire world will live in post World War 1 Germany. And guess who got out on top after that? It was those who owed money for property, or had loads of property in the first place to basically live off of it till the economy got back on track a while later.
And after that WW2 happened and when that ended Germany as well as most places in Europe, was in a similar situation again. Know what happened then? Europe uniting to what is now known as the EU, and that was all keep together by the USA implementing the marshal plan which gave the European nations an incentive to work together, oh yea and the fear of Communism.

If all goes tits up on a global scale, that's what we all are going to be able to look forward to, our current currencies are garbage and the system is rebooted, likely by a new superpower ceasing the chance of expanding itself and its influence and we'll have to start all over again. This time however it will likely be China instead of the USA.

But again, it's likely not going to happen, we live in a globalized world and the countries at the top have a huge interest in it not happening, the only ones who look forward to this happening are religious nut jobs who are horny for Armageddon to finally happen.

If worst comes to worst and the US does go tits up, China will likely do in the USA what the USA did during and after WW2, after all, the USA is one of China's most important business partners and it#s pretty bad for business if you let your most important customer die.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13968
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby Blast Cannon » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:57 am

Motto: ""Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one lives forever.""
Weapon: Dual Lasers
T-Macksimus wrote:I'm going to step out of my normal range for a moment and say, in all seriousness, Bowspearer, your advice and posting is very much appreciated. Getting anyone to take such warnings seriously on here is indeed a chore at best and typically impossible on any average day (as you have already experienced).
Part of what makes this task difficult is that many folks are mistakenly secure in the information that they already have, at least those who choose to pursue such information, and many don't question as heavily as they should the reliability of the information. Basic rule of thumb for anything in the United States: If it comes from the mainstream media, it's bullshit! Whether it be about our finances or our government, it's a crock and we are lucky if a 10th of it contains a nugget of truth.

This is the part where folks like Blast Cannon start chiming in with their "tin-foil hat" comments. Ha-ha-ha... yeah, **** you people and your snap judgments!! The news media is a corporation and corporations are out for what? PROFIT! And how do they get that? By airing what their backers tell them to so they continue to get more support. That's just practical, basic economics not "conspiracy theory" b.s. folks so don't even go there with your accusations.

As for the impending collapse, I'm right there with you in that belief, I just don't maintain that it will happen as soon as most "doom & gloom" news reports here are saying (although it WILL happen) but I also don't think for an instant that we are as immune as the average citizen in the U.S. seems to think we are. That would require a level of faith in my government that is absolutely impossible for me to conceive of.

Again, I do appreciate your posting this info on here and sharing with us. Shows a level of concern for ones fellow man that you just don't see these days. I don't know how familiar with any of my posts you might be but others will agree that I am normally somewhat of a real ass on here. Today I don't mind stepping back from that role and being quite sincere in my thanks and in my urging of others to at least give a look at what Bowspearer has posted for us and to apply some critical thinking to the reports you have been hearing about our current economic situation, not just in the United States but also the wide reaching effects of how all of our economies will be impacted by decisions made in the upcoming days and weeks.


Oh how I do wish I was enlightened as you and Bowspearer are. My life would be so much better if I were. I don't question the government, I am one of those 'sheeple' who blindly accept everything that the media and state tells me. I cannot make a reasoned judgement for myself when it comes to outlandish predictions of worldwide economic disaster without being referred to as 'naive'.

Dead End has just typed up a historical precedent, which I couldn't be bothered typing up because I'm not arsed about beating you in a debate, explaining precisely why I'm not even remotely concerned about your theories.
Image

It's safe to assume that I'm just taking the piss.
User avatar
Blast Cannon
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9910
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:51 am
Location: Manchester, UK
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby Bowspearer » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:58 am

Dead Metal wrote:No, if what you say is going to happen and the system crashes completely no amount of savings is going to help you, which is why investing in gold is also pretty worthless.



I wasn't referring to literal monetary savings; I was referring to backup resources.

Also, it's poetic that you refer to Weimar Germqany because that's where QE is currently taking the world - the question is one of how close we get to that, or whether we even surpass it, before the system collapses. When the system goes it will potentially be worse than Weimar because these days you have the much larger problem with there being far more, shall we say, digital claims, to money than there is printed currency.

The other issue you need too factor in, if you want to argue about Gold, is that China and Russia appear to be moving towards a gold-backed currency.

Just a couple of issues which the mainstream media aren't covering.
Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
Bowspearer
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:13 pm

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby Dead Metal » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:38 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Bowspearer wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:No, if what you say is going to happen and the system crashes completely no amount of savings is going to help you, which is why investing in gold is also pretty worthless.



I wasn't referring to literal monetary savings; I was referring to backup resources.

Also, it's poetic that you refer to Weimar Germqany because that's where QE is currently taking the world - the question is one of how close we get to that, or whether we even surpass it, before the system collapses. When the system goes it will potentially be worse than Weimar because these days you have the much larger problem with there being far more, shall we say, digital claims, to money than there is printed currency.

The other issue you need too factor in, if you want to argue about Gold, is that China and Russia appear to be moving towards a gold-backed currency.

Just a couple of issues which the mainstream media aren't covering.

Thing about gold backed currency is this: Gold only has the value people give it. Gold is pretty and we like pretty things, and since it's kinda hard to get to, we view it as being valuable.
People who argue that a currency that isn't backed with gold is worthless, because then it's only worth what people think it's worth, kinda forget that the same goes for gold.

It's like having a currency that's backed entirely by sexual favors. It's always worth only what we conceive it to be worth.

The main reason why the gold price has been going up in recent years is due to the scare by the "underground" media people who's show are "real" and for the "common man". Guys like Glenn Beck, who've been yelling about the "mainstream" and "liberal" media (completely ignoring that Fox News is as mainstream as you can get in the US) lying and deceiving everyone, while hungering for their money, and then advising their audiences to invest in gold, since it's "the only" thing to really have value.

But what do you do with it then? I mean you can't sell it now, because the selling price is so incredibly low that you're actually losing money in the process. And I've actually tried it, I'm not going to sell my gold, silver, platinum, etc for less than what I or my family members payed for it in the first place.

Well, what about during the apocalypse as in once the system is kaputt and money is worthless. What will you do with the gold then? Try and trade it for a few cans of food? And who would want to trade their food for something they can at best use as a paperweight?
the only thing you can do with it then is hold on to it till the system has been rebooted and is stabilized enough for people to invest in something like that again.

After WW2 the German government swapped the DM for the old currency 1 to 1, but to a maximum of 400 DM, everything that exceeded that was just waste. So if you showed up with your gold back then, they would have taken it and given you 400 DM, max no matter how much you spent on it.

Gold will only really help you if you have loads of it, and the resources and power to survive the hard times long enough for the economy of your country to be back in track, and then you'll have to hold on to it for that long.


I'm sorry, but family experience tells me that gold is the worst investment one can make to get one through that kind of crisis, paper money at least can be used to insulate walls or as toilet paper. Well, I guess you can use gold as paperweights for the paper money/ toilet paper/ note paper well if you have actual gold barrels that are heavy enough.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13968
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby njb902 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:55 am

Being ready to plant a garden next spring may not be a bad idea. Stock up on potato, squash, carrot, and beans, or anything else that stores easily and won't rot quickly. Pick up a book on canning, find out what mushrooms are edible, buy a rifle and some ammunition(though that may be problematic depending on where you live). Even If the worst never happens being able to supplement your food supply is never a bad thing.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby Shadowman » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:14 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Sorry, I'm confused, are we talking about economic failure or the apocalypse? All this talk about canned goods, stocking up on ammo and land. Was money the only thing keeping the zombies at bay and the nukes unexploded?

And DM is right, Gold's value is arbitrary.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29051
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby njb902 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:19 am

Shadowman wrote:Sorry, I'm confused, are we talking about economic failure or the apocalypse? All this talk about canned goods, stocking up on ammo and land. Was money the only thing keeping the zombies at bay and the nukes unexploded?

And DM is right, Gold's value is arbitrary.


Who said anything about an apocalypse?
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby Shadowman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:20 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
njb902 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Sorry, I'm confused, are we talking about economic failure or the apocalypse? All this talk about canned goods, stocking up on ammo and land. Was money the only thing keeping the zombies at bay and the nukes unexploded?

And DM is right, Gold's value is arbitrary.


Who said anything about an apocalypse?


Well, look at your post immediately before mine, and compare that to the average zombie survival plan. What are you going to need a rifle for?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29051
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby njb902 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:25 am

Shadowman wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Sorry, I'm confused, are we talking about economic failure or the apocalypse? All this talk about canned goods, stocking up on ammo and land. Was money the only thing keeping the zombies at bay and the nukes unexploded?

And DM is right, Gold's value is arbitrary.


Who said anything about an apocalypse?


Well, look at your post immediately before mine, and compare that to the average zombie survival plan. What are you going to need a rifle for?


Hunting season.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby Shadowman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:32 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
njb902 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Sorry, I'm confused, are we talking about economic failure or the apocalypse? All this talk about canned goods, stocking up on ammo and land. Was money the only thing keeping the zombies at bay and the nukes unexploded?

And DM is right, Gold's value is arbitrary.


Who said anything about an apocalypse?


Well, look at your post immediately before mine, and compare that to the average zombie survival plan. What are you going to need a rifle for?


Hunting season.


Yeah, zombie hunting season!
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29051
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby njb902 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:09 am

Shadowman wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Sorry, I'm confused, are we talking about economic failure or the apocalypse? All this talk about canned goods, stocking up on ammo and land. Was money the only thing keeping the zombies at bay and the nukes unexploded?

And DM is right, Gold's value is arbitrary.


Who said anything about an apocalypse?


Well, look at your post immediately before mine, and compare that to the average zombie survival plan. What are you going to need a rifle for?


Hunting season.


Yeah, zombie hunting season!


Mmmm rotting flesh? :lol:
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby Bowspearer » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:41 am

Dead Metal wrote:
Bowspearer wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:No, if what you say is going to happen and the system crashes completely no amount of savings is going to help you, which is why investing in gold is also pretty worthless.



I wasn't referring to literal monetary savings; I was referring to backup resources.

Also, it's poetic that you refer to Weimar Germqany because that's where QE is currently taking the world - the question is one of how close we get to that, or whether we even surpass it, before the system collapses. When the system goes it will potentially be worse than Weimar because these days you have the much larger problem with there being far more, shall we say, digital claims, to money than there is printed currency.

The other issue you need too factor in, if you want to argue about Gold, is that China and Russia appear to be moving towards a gold-backed currency.

Just a couple of issues which the mainstream media aren't covering.

Thing about gold backed currency is this: Gold only has the value people give it. Gold is pretty and we like pretty things, and since it's kinda hard to get to, we view it as being valuable.
People who argue that a currency that isn't backed with gold is worthless, because then it's only worth what people think it's worth, kinda forget that the same goes for gold.

It's like having a currency that's backed entirely by sexual favors. It's always worth only what we conceive it to be worth.

The main reason why the gold price has been going up in recent years is due to the scare by the "underground" media people who's show are "real" and for the "common man". Guys like Glenn Beck, who've been yelling about the "mainstream" and "liberal" media (completely ignoring that Fox News is as mainstream as you can get in the US) lying and deceiving everyone, while hungering for their money, and then advising their audiences to invest in gold, since it's "the only" thing to really have value.

But what do you do with it then? I mean you can't sell it now, because the selling price is so incredibly low that you're actually losing money in the process. And I've actually tried it, I'm not going to sell my gold, silver, platinum, etc for less than what I or my family members payed for it in the first place.

Well, what about during the apocalypse as in once the system is kaputt and money is worthless. What will you do with the gold then? Try and trade it for a few cans of food? And who would want to trade their food for something they can at best use as a paperweight?
the only thing you can do with it then is hold on to it till the system has been rebooted and is stabilized enough for people to invest in something like that again.

After WW2 the German government swapped the DM for the old currency 1 to 1, but to a maximum of 400 DM, everything that exceeded that was just waste. So if you showed up with your gold back then, they would have taken it and given you 400 DM, max no matter how much you spent on it.

Gold will only really help you if you have loads of it, and the resources and power to survive the hard times long enough for the economy of your country to be back in track, and then you'll have to hold on to it for that long.


I'm sorry, but family experience tells me that gold is the worst investment one can make to get one through that kind of crisis, paper money at least can be used to insulate walls or as toilet paper. Well, I guess you can use gold as paperweights for the paper money/ toilet paper/ note paper well if you have actual gold barrels that are heavy enough.


As I said, I wasn't definitely saying to go to gold- just that that's where we put our money (purely because in the long term it's the best way to protect it). I agree though that part of it has to be short term planning, because if there's a currency freeze, commerce stalls, meaning people cannot shop.

Shadowman wrote:Sorry, I'm confused, are we talking about economic failure or the apocalypse? All this talk about canned goods, stocking up on ammo and land. Was money the only thing keeping the zombies at bay and the nukes unexploded?

And DM is right, Gold's value is arbitrary.


Well it's not that different in terms of the end result (besides everyone around you getting a taste for your brains in one case out of the 2 :P ). In both cases, society completely breaks down- in the case of the zombie apolcalypse - society grinds to a halt because every second person is trying to eat the other's brains; in the case of a financial collapse, the mechanisms for commerce and trade essentially disintegrate.

Te reason people are saying guns and ammo of course is because if you look at Detroit, crime is off the charts and rioting is far from uncommon in natural disasters, which this would mimic economically.
Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
Bowspearer
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:13 pm

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby Shadowman » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:44 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Bowspearer wrote:Te reason people are saying guns and ammo of course is because if you look at Detroit, crime is off the charts and rioting is far from uncommon in natural disasters, which this would mimic economically.


Dude, that's just Detroit being Detroit. They're the LA of the East Coast. Here in Michigan, they're the butt of all our jokes.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29051
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby Bowspearer » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:48 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Bowspearer wrote:Te reason people are saying guns and ammo of course is because if you look at Detroit, crime is off the charts and rioting is far from uncommon in natural disasters, which this would mimic economically.


Dude, that's just Detroit being Detroit. They're the LA of the East Coast. Here in Michigan, they're the butt of all our jokes.


What you're not getting is that when city councils go bankrupt; they become Detroit.
Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
Bowspearer
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:13 pm

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby RhA » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Bowspearer wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Bowspearer wrote:Te reason people are saying guns and ammo of course is because if you look at Detroit, crime is off the charts and rioting is far from uncommon in natural disasters, which this would mimic economically.


Dude, that's just Detroit being Detroit. They're the LA of the East Coast. Here in Michigan, they're the butt of all our jokes.


What you're not getting is that when city councils go bankrupt; they become Detroit.


*Insert Sadam South Park joke here*
Image
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4382
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Banana stand
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby Burn » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:21 pm

ALL HAIL OUR NEW OVERLORDS!
Image
Image
I use to like Omega Supreme, then I took a duragrip to the brain
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38832
News Credits: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby njb902 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:57 pm

Burn wrote:
ALL HAIL OUR NEW OVERLORDS!
Image


That's funny I just watched Robocop this morning.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:17 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Dead Metal wrote:goes tits up


Tee hee hee. :KREMZEEK:

Burn wrote:
ALL HAIL OUR NEW OVERLORDS!
Image


:BOWDOWN:

njb902 wrote:That's funny I just watched Robocop this morning.


I impatiently await the reboot. Looks so good.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8996
News Credits: 41
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:29 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Sorry to necrobump this thread, but I was just interested in knowing how you guys are all doing now that the world economy and monetary system has been destroyed for the past few months.

Anyone have to shoot any neighbors yet? Or did you manage to get enough gold to survive?

Just asking, cos yesterday a rival gang tried to steal all our canned food, I tried to fight them off with my gun, but I ran out of bullets so I had to clobber them all to death with one of my gold bars.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13968
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby Shadowman » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:16 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Dead Metal wrote:Sorry to necrobump this thread, but I was just interested in knowing how you guys are all doing now that the world economy and monetary system has been destroyed for the past few months.

Anyone have to shoot any neighbors yet? Or did you manage to get enough gold to survive?

Just asking, cos yesterday a rival gang tried to steal all our canned food, I tried to fight them off with my gun, but I ran out of bullets so I had to clobber them all to death with one of my gold bars.


I've been driving in circles in the desert in my makeshift jalopy, screaming and hollering and dressing like a crappy metal band. Tomorrow me and the guys were going to ransack this caravan for their gasoline.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29051
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby RhA » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:07 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Shadowman wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Sorry to necrobump this thread, but I was just interested in knowing how you guys are all doing now that the world economy and monetary system has been destroyed for the past few months.

Anyone have to shoot any neighbors yet? Or did you manage to get enough gold to survive?

Just asking, cos yesterday a rival gang tried to steal all our canned food, I tried to fight them off with my gun, but I ran out of bullets so I had to clobber them all to death with one of my gold bars.


I've been driving in circles in the desert in my makeshift jalopy, screaming and hollering and dressing like a crappy metal band. Tomorrow me and the guys were going to ransack this caravan for their gasoline.

I ate a cat.
Image
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4382
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Banana stand
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:58 pm

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
RhA wrote:I ate a cat.


Me too. It was shaved.

Also, I spent a big portion of my day with my associates reinforcing our vehicles. We heard rumors that some deranged **** and his inbred cornholer posse were going to attack us for our gasoline.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15894
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:59 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
RhA wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Sorry to necrobump this thread, but I was just interested in knowing how you guys are all doing now that the world economy and monetary system has been destroyed for the past few months.

Anyone have to shoot any neighbors yet? Or did you manage to get enough gold to survive?

Just asking, cos yesterday a rival gang tried to steal all our canned food, I tried to fight them off with my gun, but I ran out of bullets so I had to clobber them all to death with one of my gold bars.


I've been driving in circles in the desert in my makeshift jalopy, screaming and hollering and dressing like a crappy metal band. Tomorrow me and the guys were going to ransack this caravan for their gasoline.

I ate a cat.

Oh yes, that goes well with baked beans and dog food.

Decided to worship the church-bell, it's made of gold, and yet nobody has stolen it yet, it must have mystical powers.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13968
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby Shadowman » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:13 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Rodimus Prime wrote:
RhA wrote:I ate a cat.


Me too. It was shaved.

Also, I spent a big portion of my day with my associates reinforcing our vehicles. We heard rumors that some deranged **** and his inbred cornholer posse were going to attack us for our gasoline.


Son of a ****! Who leaked the plans?! Was it you, Gary? God damn it, Gary, we thought we were being nice by not sewing your mouth shut! You always do this!

F*ckin' Gary...
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29051
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Heads up for when the worst happens

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:30 pm

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Shadowman wrote:Son of a ****! Who leaked the plans?! Was it you, Gary? God damn it, Gary, we thought we were being nice by not sewing your mouth shut! You always do this!

F*ckin' Gary...


Surprising what 2 saltine crackers and a bowl of crushed Rocky Mountain oysters can get you. Maybe you should feed those f**kers more than twice a week...
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15894
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014