Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Here Comes the Rookies

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Here Comes the Rookies

Postby Ironhide7 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:41 am

:) I hear that Tom DeSanto wants to bring the Constructicons in for the sequel. But how is he going to do that when they called the tank dude Devastator and when Bonecrusher(a constructicon) is dead?
Ironhide7
Mini-Con
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:40 pm

Postby Ironhide7 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:09 am

Micheal Bay wants to put an aircraft carrier transformer but he doesn't want size changing, so when he tranformers into a robot he could step on all of the Decepticons.
Ironhide7
Mini-Con
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:40 pm

Re: Here Comes the Rookies

Postby Skowl » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:22 am

Ironhide7 wrote::) I hear that Tom DeSanto wants to bring the Constructicons in for the sequel. But how is he going to do that when they called the tank dude Devastator and when Bonecrusher(a constructicon) is dead?


They're just names. They can use other ones. Bonecrusher has been other things aside from a Constructicon, and Devestator is officially "Brawl" according to Hasbro, so the name may resurface.
User avatar
Skowl
News Staff
Posts: 4557
News Credits: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:20 am

Postby Ironhide7 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:41 am

Thanks, Skowl, for the info.


For the Autobots The Dinobots are supposed to be in it. I wonder if they will be like Skorponok with only one mode or if they'll have a robot mode.
Ironhide7
Mini-Con
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:40 pm

Postby Grimlock18 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:00 am

For the Autobots The Dinobots are supposed to be in it. I wonder if they will be like Skorponok with only one mode or if they'll have a robot mode.[quote]

I kind of hope that they'll just give them a robot-mode also, like the others. But if it's done right, something like Skorponok would be cool also.
In this land we have defended,
From all things dark and cruel,
Now we are defenseless
In a land where dragons rule!

Me, Grimlock, BADASS!!!!
Grimlock18
Minibot
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in the murky depths of California

Postby Nightracer GT » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:05 am

Motto: "If it feels so good, it can't be wrong."
Weapon: Whiplash Cutlass
I suggest you read my topic, "Some Worries about TF2 Characters (Rant)".

It addresses both the Devastator name issue and the dinobots.

http://www.seibertron.com/forums/viewto ... 22081&sid=
Buy my RiD toys! They're awesome, I promise!!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180910929578?ss ... 1555.l2649
User avatar
Nightracer GT
Faction Commander
Posts: 4156
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:48 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Grimlock18 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:14 am

Nice, Dark Zarak. Excellent Rant. And I totally agree.
In this land we have defended,
From all things dark and cruel,
Now we are defenseless
In a land where dragons rule!

Me, Grimlock, BADASS!!!!
Grimlock18
Minibot
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in the murky depths of California

Postby Briggs » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:12 pm

No, the Dinobots are not suppose to be in it. All rumor and heresay
Briggs
Headmaster
Posts: 1046
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 12:00 pm

Postby Siren Prime » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:15 pm

I guess it's be kinda cool though.

BTW, I hate size changing...
T-Macksimus wrote:Heads up, Sirens online. Remember the drill, duck and cover and you likely wont get any blood spatter on you...OH SNAP!

Wheelimus Prime wrote:don't tell siren, she will enable her cheat codes for the universe and pwn us all.


CLICK AND VIEW MY DRAGON EGGS PLEASE!!

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Siren Prime
Gestalt
Posts: 2424
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:56 pm
Location: Cybertron

Postby cybernetic » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:17 pm

Grimlock18 wrote:For the Autobots The Dinobots are supposed to be in it. I wonder if they will be like Skorponok with only one mode or if they'll have a robot mode.

I kind of hope that they'll just give them a robot-mode also, like the others. But if it's done right, something like Skorponok would be cool also.


Scorponok does have 2 modes... if u watch in the initial action sequence with Blackout fighting the army guys in Qatar. When Epps goes to take a picture of Blackout, Scorponok jumps off in robotmode and goes into the sand. He looks almost exactly like his robot mode in Beast Wars.
cybernetic
Mini-Con
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:43 pm

Postby Grimlock18 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:37 pm

Ah, I see it now. That WOULD look pretty cool.
In this land we have defended,
From all things dark and cruel,
Now we are defenseless
In a land where dragons rule!

Me, Grimlock, BADASS!!!!
Grimlock18
Minibot
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in the murky depths of California

Postby Ironhide7 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:43 pm

Warning: Rant

For those of you who think Arcee shouldn't be in TF2 because she's a girl quit being sexist and button up. And for those of you who think she wasn't in the original look it up.
Ironhide7
Mini-Con
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:40 pm

Postby Grimlock18 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:44 pm

I agree with Ironhide7. I think that having Arcee being in TF2 would be pretty cool.
What I can't stand is the people saying she isn't G1. She was in The Transformers: The Movie, for the love of Primus! And she was in the third and fourth seasons of The Transformers. If that isn't G1, then G1 doesn't exist!

However, I think "sexist" is the wrong word.
Last edited by Grimlock18 on Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grimlock18
Minibot
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in the murky depths of California

Postby Ironhide7 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:27 am

To match the Decepticons in air power I think the Autobots should bring in Silverbolt and Powerglide. And to add to the ground forces they should add Prowl, Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, and Inferno.
Ironhide7
Mini-Con
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:40 pm

Postby Dreamchylde » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:32 am

If they put Arcee in the 2nd movie, I hope they change her colors from that foul mauve color to something decent. And I don't mean pink, either.
WARNING!
Rabid fangirl - Approach with extreme caution!

Door wings are sexy.
Image
User avatar
Dreamchylde
Minibot
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:24 pm
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico

Postby Nightracer GT » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:37 am

Motto: "If it feels so good, it can't be wrong."
Weapon: Whiplash Cutlass
Wait a minute. Who says Arcee isn't G1????

Like she's in anything else.
Buy my RiD toys! They're awesome, I promise!!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180910929578?ss ... 1555.l2649
User avatar
Nightracer GT
Faction Commander
Posts: 4156
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:48 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Lycantendencies » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:04 pm

Ironhide7 wrote:Warning: Rant

For those of you who think Arcee shouldn't be in TF2 because she's a girl quit being sexist and button up.

Here's what's sexist.

They create a line of robots. The "male" robots have no limitations. They're humanoid, animals, etc.
In fact, many of these robots are androgynous. The G1 seekers and Datsuns or Jazz can all look "female" if drawn with what we call feminine postures.
The only thing that makes them "male" is their voices, and that's solely due to the "boys don't buy girls" mindset that has seen Hasbro release far less female characters in franchises like G1 Joe etc.
But they are portrayed as an asexual race, not a race of mixed sexes, of male and female.

Then they introduce females. These females all have the same body shape, one that mimics the human female form, with curves and breasts.
Their faces all have human female features too.

They're token females, the very essence of sexism.
This sexism is furthered when the only main female Transformer, who is coloured Pink, spends all her time mothering people and generally acting like an Autobot maid.
The other fembots, though brief, all manage to act like typical humans females too.

There's your sexism, robots designated female and then limited in design and role because of it.

There was never a logical reason that an asexual race had female robots, let alone why they all had humanoid female forms or all acted like/had stereotyped human female roles, and it is that huge lack of logic and stereotyping that is why they don't, in the eyes of many, belong in TF.

Call us sexist all you want, but we're not the ones championing a token pink female.

Dark Zarak wrote:Wait a minute. Who says Arcee isn't G1????

There is a percentage of fans who, sadly, won't aknowledge anything from the movie on as G1.
In their eyes, the movie was the start of a new generation, a second generation, nothing after season 2 is G1.
They're kind of the elitist's elitists.

Of course, why they have any interest in the films is beyond me.
If they couldn't accept G1 as G1, they should hate the movie.
Lycantendencies
Minibot
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 9:31 am

Postby Ironhide7 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:17 pm

For Decepticons who do you think they will bring.

I think they should bring in Skywarp, Thundercrack, Soundwave, Shockwave.
Ironhide7
Mini-Con
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:40 pm

Postby Lycantendencies » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:35 pm

Ironhide7 wrote:For Decepticons who do you think they will bring.

I think they should bring in Skywarp, Thundercrack, Soundwave, Shockwave.

I think definitely Soundwave. They really seemed to want to use him first time around. I'd also guess Skywarp and Thundercracker, but probably as background characters.
I could defintiely see a Ravage character, maybe Shockwave, and if they do do include Arcee, BA to balance it out.
Lycantendencies
Minibot
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 9:31 am

Postby Agent 007 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:36 pm

cybernetic wrote:
Grimlock18 wrote:For the Autobots The Dinobots are supposed to be in it. I wonder if they will be like Skorponok with only one mode or if they'll have a robot mode.

I kind of hope that they'll just give them a robot-mode also, like the others. But if it's done right, something like Skorponok would be cool also.


Scorponok does have 2 modes... if u watch in the initial action sequence with Blackout fighting the army guys in Qatar. When Epps goes to take a picture of Blackout, Scorponok jumps off in robotmode and goes into the sand. He looks almost exactly like his robot mode in Beast Wars.
just watched the scene again and I see no diff in scorpi when he jumps off blackouts back and into the sand He has norobot mode in the movie
“Ching-a-ling. Come out and get your ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass whoopin’."
-Skids
remember when all else fails:
Image
ZOMBIE DANCE!!
User avatar
Agent 007
Gestalt
Posts: 2833
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:36 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Malikon » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:40 am

yeah he's in the air as a scorpion.

That's an interesting theory on some people not considering G1 to be G1 after the movie. I'd never really thought too deeply on it, but you're right. With me I tend to think of everything leading up to the movie as the first generation of TF's. Then after the movie it's all Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus, blah blah blah. Prime makes a guest appearance in one episode. I guess I tended to think of the time period after the movie as more a G2 thing. To me G1 is Prime, Jazz, Bumblebee and Cliffjumper, Ironhide, Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave, etc. The originals.

Not trying to be elitist, so far I've liked all the newer series I've seen. Beast Wars is turning out to be pretty cool, Armada was allright, Cybertron I liked a lot! And of course the movie I loved, but I do tend to think of G1 as ending when Prime kicks the bucket.

I could just never get into Hotrod, Magnus, etc. They're ok and all, they just seem to be lacking something imo.

Though Kup is really cool, I like him a lot. Did anyone noticed in the 2007 movie when Jazz transforms/slides and jumps onto Brawl, grabs the cannon turrent and yanks up, then Brawl transforms with Jazz on top of him?

That moment always reminds me of when Kup jumps on the tank that's shooting at Hotrod. Pretty much the same thing happens.


and I support Arcee in TF2, but only due to the fact that she's a motorcycle. I could care a less that she's female.
Malikon
Targetmaster
Posts: 654
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:41 pm

Postby Ironhide7 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:15 pm

I have to agree I see no Skorponk in robot mode. All I see is a scorpion.
Ironhide7
Mini-Con
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:40 pm

Postby Grimlock18 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:43 pm

Ironhide7 wrote:To match the Decepticons in air power I think the Autobots should bring in Silverbolt and Powerglide. And to add to the ground forces they should add Prowl, Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, and Inferno.


I agree. the Autobots need airpower, and it would be cool to see the others.

I still say Grimlock should be TF 2. Doesn't even need to be all the Dinobots, just grimlock would be perfect.
In this land we have defended,
From all things dark and cruel,
Now we are defenseless
In a land where dragons rule!

Me, Grimlock, BADASS!!!!
Grimlock18
Minibot
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in the murky depths of California

Postby Grimlock18 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:45 pm

Malikon wrote:yeah he's in the air as a scorpion.

That's an interesting theory on some people not considering G1 to be G1 after the movie. I'd never really thought too deeply on it, but you're right. With me I tend to think of everything leading up to the movie as the first generation of TF's. Then after the movie it's all Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus, blah blah blah. Prime makes a guest appearance in one episode. I guess I tended to think of the time period after the movie as more a G2 thing. To me G1 is Prime, Jazz, Bumblebee and Cliffjumper, Ironhide, Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave, etc. The originals.

Not trying to be elitist, so far I've liked all the newer series I've seen. Beast Wars is turning out to be pretty cool, Armada was allright, Cybertron I liked a lot! And of course the movie I loved, but I do tend to think of G1 as ending when Prime kicks the bucket.

I could just never get into Hotrod, Magnus, etc. They're ok and all, they just seem to be lacking something imo.

Though Kup is really cool, I like him a lot. Did anyone noticed in the 2007 movie when Jazz transforms/slides and jumps onto Brawl, grabs the cannon turrent and yanks up, then Brawl transforms with Jazz on top of him?

That moment always reminds me of when Kup jumps on the tank that's shooting at Hotrod. Pretty much the same thing happens.


and I support Arcee in TF2, but only due to the fact that she's a motorcycle. I could care a less that she's female.


I agree with you, man. G1 wasn't as good when they killed off Prime. That's the other reason I don't want Rodimus Prime in TF2 or 3 (besides the fact that he sucks); it would probably mean that they had killed Optimus. (Who rocks.)

And to those who can't see it, you can see Skorponok's robot mode in the comic that came with the Target-edition of TF, and also it's included in his toy.

And I changed my previous opinion. They shouldn't do what they did with Skorponok with the Dinobots, especially Grimlock. (Who rocks also.)
Last edited by Grimlock18 on Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In this land we have defended,
From all things dark and cruel,
Now we are defenseless
In a land where dragons rule!

Me, Grimlock, BADASS!!!!
Grimlock18
Minibot
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in the murky depths of California

Postby Ironhide7 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:10 pm

For all of you who think Kup should be in TF2, I totally agree with you.
Ironhide7
Mini-Con
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:40 pm

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014