Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby Screamfleet » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:57 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I thought the deli worker in ROTF was a more offensive characterization than the twins.
User avatar
Screamfleet
Pretender
Posts: 742
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:49 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby Marcdachamp » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:16 am

Atary77 wrote:3. Racial stereo types- This could probably go with the bad writing but it's thrown in your face so much in these films that it's impossible to ignore. Sure there have been some movies blamed for being racist just for subtle things here and there. But if that's the case all three of these movies could warrant a march from just about every ethnicity. I mean Jesus Christ how could they get away with some of these characters? Every black guy in this movie with the exception of one soldier character was some goofy moron being silly and stereo typical and... hell that's how every non-white person in this movie is treated! Even the robots are stereotypical with Skids and Mudflap talking jive and acting like rappers from the friggen 1980's. The only way it could've been worse is if they had pure black faces and white lips! Granted even the white characters in these movies are goofy too but some of which are just down right creepy like the college professor from RotF and John Malchovich from DotM.


You know what, if people want to read racist intentions into the twins, that's fine. I can see how some could find them offensive (even though I know JUST as many white people that talk the same way the twins do, if not more). But to say that all three movies are racist is absolutely ridiculous. I rewatched the first and third films last night.

First of all, the ONLY person that could hack the Decepticons signal? Black guy.

One of the main human characters and an intelliegent, well spoken USAF soldier/retiree that bravely goes into war-torn Chicago after his friends were killed? Black guy.

Two of the other former NEST team members that went into the city after the Decepticons tore it apart? Black.

Well known/liked comedian as a car salesman in a notable role? Black.

Several minor characters? Black.

I'm sorry. Call it racist all you want, but you're simply wrong.
Check out my webcomic, Kid Robo, every Monday at http://www.grayhavencomics.comImage
Marcdachamp
Pretender
Posts: 753
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby shamone » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:43 am

Marcdachamp wrote:
Atary77 wrote:3. Racial stereo types- This could probably go with the bad writing but it's thrown in your face so much in these films that it's impossible to ignore. Sure there have been some movies blamed for being racist just for subtle things here and there. But if that's the case all three of these movies could warrant a march from just about every ethnicity. I mean Jesus Christ how could they get away with some of these characters? Every black guy in this movie with the exception of one soldier character was some goofy moron being silly and stereo typical and... hell that's how every non-white person in this movie is treated! Even the robots are stereotypical with Skids and Mudflap talking jive and acting like rappers from the friggen 1980's. The only way it could've been worse is if they had pure black faces and white lips! Granted even the white characters in these movies are goofy too but some of which are just down right creepy like the college professor from RotF and John Malchovich from DotM.


You know what, if people want to read racist intentions into the twins, that's fine. I can see how some could find them offensive (even though I know JUST as many white people that talk the same way the twins do, if not more). But to say that all three movies are racist is absolutely ridiculous. I rewatched the first and third films last night.

First of all, the ONLY person that could hack the Decepticons signal? Black guy.

One of the main human characters and an intelliegent, well spoken USAF soldier/retiree that bravely goes into war-torn Chicago after his friends were killed? Black guy.

Two of the other former NEST team members that went into the city after the Decepticons tore it apart? Black.

Well known/liked comedian as a car salesman in a notable role? Black.

Several minor characters? Black.

I'm sorry. Call it racist all you want, but you're simply wrong.


the car salesman was a buffoon. and his matr was called "mammy'.

the deli worker defence ?
shamone
Combiner
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby shamone » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:48 am

Atary77 wrote:Long since the 80's many Transformers fans including myself have been awaiting the day to see another decent film in the franchise. Sadly that wasn't 2007, nor 2009, nor in 2011. No all we were delivered was disappointment served by a childish, selfish, sexist, racist moron who directed it. Oh I'm sure there are other people that are responsible for all three Transformers movies being as bad as they are but since mister Bay is the dude who's felt so proud to slap his name in the biggest letters and have his name said and the end of every advertisement, then you'll understand why I decide to take out my frustrations and file my complaints towards him.

Keep in mind I'm only judging these movies as just that. Movies. I'm not gonna rant about how the films don't specifically follow the continuity established by Generation 1 comics or animation. I'm looking at the three films by themselves just to be fair. So let's start with what's wrong with this whole mess of a trilogy.

1. Where's the title characters?- The movies are all called Transformers so why pray tell is the majority of the film centered around Shia LaBouff and what slut he happens to be with. Not to mention the goofy side characters like all the **** government agents and the goofy comic reliefs who try too hard to be funny. I paid money to see giant robots so why do I only see them one tenth of the film? They should be the **** stars of the movie not just a couple of distractions which is how I felt they were being treated. This could be chalked up to the fact the effects for the robots are extremely expensive to render. But maybe they could've saved some money by not setting every damn thing on fire with huge exsplosions and paying actors who play characters that have nothing to do with the story other than the fact they happen to be there!

2. Poor Writing- There are more problems with this scripts than the recent Violent Video games bill California tried to pass! The attempts at humor in this movie try too freaking hard to be funny in a crude way that it's just obnoxious! Seems like not one scene goes by without some kind of dick, fart, sex, masturbation, drug, or racist crack at something. It's like something brought in the writers of Family Guy for god's sake. Now with the second film Revenge of the Fallen it's said that many of the writers were on strike at the time the script was being made and that Micheal bay himself did most of the writing. To that end it only shows how much of an over grown brat Bay is. And for something that's supposed to be intended for something of a younger audience there's an awful lot of vulgarity and dirty words in these flicks. Seriously every single thing that happened at the college is just painful to watch and just unnecessary! And lets not forget about the giant robot with testicles and bare man ass on screen! And don't even get me started on that little piece of **** Wheelie! Seriously Wheelie was a piece of ****! Best way I can describe that worthless character. Oh and about the racist stuff...

3. Racial stereo types- This could probably go with the bad writing but it's thrown in your face so much in these films that it's impossible to ignore. Sure there have been some movies blamed for being racist just for subtle things here and there. But if that's the case all three of these movies could warrant a march from just about every ethnicity. I mean Jesus Christ how could they get away with some of these characters? Every black guy in this movie with the exception of one soldier character was some goofy moron being silly and stereo typical and... hell that's how every non-white person in this movie is treated! Even the robots are stereotypical with Skids and Mudflap talking jive and acting like rappers from the friggen 1980's. The only way it could've been worse is if they had pure black faces and white lips! Granted even the white characters in these movies are goofy too but some of which are just down right creepy like the college professor from RotF and John Malchovich from DotM.

4. Sexist much?- Yeah let's not forget about how much hot girl ass gets more screen time than the **** robots the movies are named after. Being a guy I can admit I like seeing T and A in my movies but to be honest I don't expect to see them in a movie that's supposed about be about giant robots beating the **** out of each other! Not to mention if you're gonna cast someone attractive in your third movie at least make sure they can **** act! Looks don't mean a damn thing if their acting skills are as sharp as a turd!



5. The director- Oh yes Micheal Bay, the previous three reasons I mentioned above are pretty much his fault. Yep that's his vision folks. That's what he wanted in his movies. Why would anyone want this? Well I'll tell you and I'm not just exaggerating my opinion here. Oh no, I'm saying this because I firmly believe this about Bay's personal character. Call slander all you want but I've yet to see anything that proves me otherwise of this. Micheal Bay as both a person and a director is in fact a childish ,racist ,sexist ****. Yes I said it and I'm not apologizing for that either. Throughout these movies and in other movies he's done Micheal Bay has shown his capacity for poor crude humor and portraying racial stereo types as if he believes that's how all black, Mexican, Indian, and all around brown people act. Because he does believe that. Women? Well he thinks you're all nothing more than curvy objects to be ogled at and too insecure to do anything on your own without the help of a big strong man.
Now for all of you out there who think I'm just saying these mean and nasty things about him just to say them then let me ask this, take a movie like say The King's Speech ,True Grit ,or Dark Knight with him in the directors chair. Now do you think those movies would be as good? The answer to that riddle is no kids. They would be more insensitive eye **** which is all we've ever gotten out of this man. Sadly all he's going to do is keep raping our eyes with sexism and racism as long as Hollywood gives him money for it and they'll keep doing that because Hollywood is as shallow as he is.

There you have it, these movies have been nothing more than a raping of what I consider precious childhood memories. And Hollywood gave him the power to do it and they let him get away with it while they just watched. So Don Murphy and Stephen Speilberg don't be proud of yourselves. No one should be proud of these. I'm more than certain Peter Cullen isn't happy with any of these movies. And if he is then my god what's wrong with him? So after three movies of failure I'm not buying in to any more of the hype for any more of these films or the merchandise nor will I be getting the DVD's anytime soon. Way to go Micheal Bay, Stephen Spielberg, and Don Murphy you guys failed miserably in the eyes of fans and just movie goers and critics alike. Especially you Micheal Bay. You childish, racist, sexist ****.


i agree with 95 percent of what you say there.

only issues is the word slut, totally unnecessary and unwarranted.

and the name calling of bay, you dont know the guy, you may not liek his work, but we dont know if he is racist, sexist, wetc. Yeh there may be evidence in the movies and that but that doesnt ,mean he is without knowing him.

And for the poster who said mikaela was weaker than carly.

Mikaela chose to go to mission city at the heart of the battle, she rescued bee, refused to leave him, and then re-entered the battle. she captured wheelie. she killed the pretender. she stayed in heart of battle in egypt. she fought to save sam.

Carly fulfilled damsel in distress. She took the car from the douche bag boss. Mikaela refused the lift from the douche bag jock. Carly was a vacious airhead who used her looks for gain (not saying actress is, jsut the role) She didnt pro-actively engage in the battle sh was captured and put into it.
shamone
Combiner
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby Marcdachamp » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:04 am

shamone wrote:the car salesman was a buffoon. and his matr was called "mammy'.

the deli worker defence ?


Deli worker?

Bernie Mac's role was comic relief. He's a, gasp, comedian. So what if he was a buffoon? Is every role filled by a black actor in the film supposed to be 100% serious? You have three major black characters in the first film. Yes, two are comic relief, but two of those three are also critical to saving the world. Also, what does his mother's nickname have to do with anything?
Check out my webcomic, Kid Robo, every Monday at http://www.grayhavencomics.comImage
Marcdachamp
Pretender
Posts: 753
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby shamone » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:11 am

Marcdachamp wrote:
shamone wrote:the car salesman was a buffoon. and his matr was called "mammy'.

the deli worker defence ?


Deli worker?

Bernie Mac's role was comic relief. He's a, gasp, comedian. So what if he was a buffoon? Is every role filled by a black actor in the film supposed to be 100% serious? You have three major black characters in the first film. Yes, two are comic relief, but two of those three are also critical to saving the world. Also, what does his mother's nickname have to do with anything?


in rotf. working with simmons


you knwo the connotation of that name in american cinema right
shamone
Combiner
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby Marcdachamp » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:25 am

shamone wrote:in rotf. working with simmons


you knwo the connotation of that name in american cinema right


I haven't watched RotF in over a year, so I can't fairly judge.

You also know that the word "Mammy" has been used in several dialects throughout the years to mean "mother" and hasn't been used commonly in a derogatory way in years, right? To assume that Bernie Mac, a comedian who won several awards, some of which from the NAACP, would have used that word if the intention was racist is a very, very large stretch.
Check out my webcomic, Kid Robo, every Monday at http://www.grayhavencomics.comImage
Marcdachamp
Pretender
Posts: 753
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby shamone » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:31 am

Marcdachamp wrote:
shamone wrote:in rotf. working with simmons


you knwo the connotation of that name in american cinema right


I haven't watched RotF in over a year, so I can't fairly judge.

You also know that the word "Mammy" has been used in several dialects throughout the years to mean "mother" and hasn't been used commonly in a derogatory way in years, right? To assume that Bernie Mac, a comedian who won several awards, some of which from the NAACP, would have used that word if the intention was racist is a very, very large stretch.


the guy in the deli had gap teeth, gold tooth and was portrayed as an imbecile. - oh and he was african american
shamone
Combiner
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby Master Renegade » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:16 am

Atary77, I agree with your original post 100%.

SlyTF1 wrote:Would people shut the hell up about Bay? All he did was freaking make a movie! I read comments all the time saying "Damn you Michael Bay" or "Michael bay you ass!" when all he did was make a movie. Is it really that important for people to damn someone to hell who simply made a movie? Just the sheet amount of hatred directed to him for putting pictures on a projector is freaking ridiculous.


Where this is concerned, it's not the fact that he made a movie that pisses me off, it's that me made incredibly bad movies, and in the process turned a franchise I loved into a franchise I'm ashamed to be a fan of. He made movies that made me hate the idea of any live-action Transformers movies ever being made again, even if they were to reboot the series. These worthless piles of **** are what Transformers is now known to be, and if you admit ti being a fan to anyone who isn't a fan, this is what they think you like. That is why I am pissed off about these movies.
Master Renegade
Mini-Con
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:02 am

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:18 am

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Master Renegade wrote:Atary77, I agree with your original post 100%.

SlyTF1 wrote:Would people shut the hell up about Bay? All he did was freaking make a movie! I read comments all the time saying "Damn you Michael Bay" or "Michael bay you ass!" when all he did was make a movie. Is it really that important for people to damn someone to hell who simply made a movie? Just the sheet amount of hatred directed to him for putting pictures on a projector is freaking ridiculous.


Where this is concerned, it's not the fact that he made a movie that pisses me off, it's that me made incredibly bad movies, and in the process turned a franchise I loved into a franchise I'm ashamed to be a fan of. He made movies that made me hate the idea of any live-action Transformers movies ever being made again, even if they were to reboot the series. These worthless piles of **** are what Transformers is now known to be, and if you admit ti being a fan to anyone who isn't a fan, this is what they think you like. That is why I am pissed off about these movies.


Well get over it. Because the majority of the people like the movies.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4052
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby shamone » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:21 am

SlyTF1 wrote:
Master Renegade wrote:Atary77, I agree with your original post 100%.

SlyTF1 wrote:Would people shut the hell up about Bay? All he did was freaking make a movie! I read comments all the time saying "Damn you Michael Bay" or "Michael bay you ass!" when all he did was make a movie. Is it really that important for people to damn someone to hell who simply made a movie? Just the sheet amount of hatred directed to him for putting pictures on a projector is freaking ridiculous.


Where this is concerned, it's not the fact that he made a movie that pisses me off, it's that me made incredibly bad movies, and in the process turned a franchise I loved into a franchise I'm ashamed to be a fan of. He made movies that made me hate the idea of any live-action Transformers movies ever being made again, even if they were to reboot the series. These worthless piles of **** are what Transformers is now known to be, and if you admit ti being a fan to anyone who isn't a fan, this is what they think you like. That is why I am pissed off about these movies.


Well get over it. Because the majority of the people like the movies.



yeh man, its popular so its doesnt matter uf you dont like it, its what other people think
shamone
Combiner
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:33 am

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
shamone wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Master Renegade wrote:Atary77, I agree with your original post 100%.

SlyTF1 wrote:Would people shut the hell up about Bay? All he did was freaking make a movie! I read comments all the time saying "Damn you Michael Bay" or "Michael bay you ass!" when all he did was make a movie. Is it really that important for people to damn someone to hell who simply made a movie? Just the sheet amount of hatred directed to him for putting pictures on a projector is freaking ridiculous.


Where this is concerned, it's not the fact that he made a movie that pisses me off, it's that me made incredibly bad movies, and in the process turned a franchise I loved into a franchise I'm ashamed to be a fan of. He made movies that made me hate the idea of any live-action Transformers movies ever being made again, even if they were to reboot the series. These worthless piles of **** are what Transformers is now known to be, and if you admit ti being a fan to anyone who isn't a fan, this is what they think you like. That is why I am pissed off about these movies.


Well get over it. Because the majority of the people like the movies.



yeh man, its popular so its doesnt matter uf you dont like it, its what other people think


Pretty much.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4052
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby Master Renegade » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:34 am

SlyTF1 wrote:Well get over it. Because the majority of the people like the movies.


No, because in my experience, the majority is usually wrong.
Master Renegade
Mini-Con
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:02 am

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby shamone » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:35 am

SlyTF1 wrote:
shamone wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Master Renegade wrote:Atary77, I agree with your original post 100%.

SlyTF1 wrote:Would people shut the hell up about Bay? All he did was freaking make a movie! I read comments all the time saying "Damn you Michael Bay" or "Michael bay you ass!" when all he did was make a movie. Is it really that important for people to damn someone to hell who simply made a movie? Just the sheet amount of hatred directed to him for putting pictures on a projector is freaking ridiculous.


Where this is concerned, it's not the fact that he made a movie that pisses me off, it's that me made incredibly bad movies, and in the process turned a franchise I loved into a franchise I'm ashamed to be a fan of. He made movies that made me hate the idea of any live-action Transformers movies ever being made again, even if they were to reboot the series. These worthless piles of **** are what Transformers is now known to be, and if you admit ti being a fan to anyone who isn't a fan, this is what they think you like. That is why I am pissed off about these movies.


Well get over it. Because the majority of the people like the movies.



yeh man, its popular so its doesnt matter uf you dont like it, its what other people think


Pretty much.


yeh personal choice and critical judgment should always be trumped by popularity
shamone
Combiner
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby Firebrand » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:35 pm

Motto: "The price for peace is war."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
"It is human nature to seek culpability in a time of tragedy. It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one's head and succumb."
-Gabriel Angelos, Captain of the Blood Ravens 3rd Company

It helps people when they have someone to blame when something terrible happens to them, I don't blame them, though it helps to point fingers at the whole problem rather than one facet. Bay may have been the linchpin of this whole debacle, however there are many more people who's at fault, even or especially Hasbro. Despite this, it is still more constructive to give a well written and well thought review of the films rather than personal attacks.

Same goes for the other end of the spectrum, you only hurt your cause by sucking Bay's metaphorical ****. Trying to make someone else's opinion sound wrong rather than different makes you sound pretentious. Give your reasons why you liked the movies and leave it there, be the better man by not fighting a pointless argument.

As for me, I didn't like the movies. I enjoyed watching the TFs duking it out when it was reasonable (OP cutting a swathe of ultimate destruction does not count) and when they actually got dialogue to themselves, but nothing else. They did not focus on the whole "Transformers" aspect of Transformers and that's why it failed in my eyes. Oh well, at least I still have you, Aligned Continuity.
User avatar
Firebrand
Micromaster
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:09 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby OptiMagnus » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:37 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Master Renegade wrote:Atary77, I agree with your original post 100%.

SlyTF1 wrote:Would people shut the hell up about Bay? All he did was freaking make a movie! I read comments all the time saying "Damn you Michael Bay" or "Michael bay you ass!" when all he did was make a movie. Is it really that important for people to damn someone to hell who simply made a movie? Just the sheet amount of hatred directed to him for putting pictures on a projector is freaking ridiculous.


Where this is concerned, it's not the fact that he made a movie that pisses me off, it's that me made incredibly bad movies, and in the process turned a franchise I loved into a franchise I'm ashamed to be a fan of. He made movies that made me hate the idea of any live-action Transformers movies ever being made again, even if they were to reboot the series. These worthless piles of **** are what Transformers is now known to be, and if you admit ti being a fan to anyone who isn't a fan, this is what they think you like. That is why I am pissed off about these movies.

So, are you saying that I should go beat myself up for being a fan of worthless piles of s**t, then go yelling to my family and friends that they're fans of worthless s**t and should be ashamed of themsleves and that people have negative impressions of them because they told them they like the Transformers movies? So basically, if I tell someone I'm a Transformers fan, they'll think: "Oh my, he likes those incredibly bad movies. He must have bad moral values."
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
User avatar
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby Marcdachamp » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:49 pm

Decepticon_Vandal wrote:"It is human nature to seek culpability in a time of tragedy. It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one's head and succumb."
-Gabriel Angelos, Captain of the Blood Ravens 3rd Company

It helps people when they have someone to blame when something terrible happens to them, I don't blame them, though it helps to point fingers at the whole problem rather than one facet. Bay may have been the linchpin of this whole debacle, however there are many more people who's at fault, even or especially Hasbro. Despite this, it is still more constructive to give a well written and well thought review of the films rather than personal attacks.

Same goes for the other end of the spectrum, you only hurt your cause by sucking Bay's metaphorical ****. Trying to make someone else's opinion sound wrong rather than different makes you sound pretentious. Give your reasons why you liked the movies and leave it there, be the better man by not fighting a pointless argument.

As for me, I didn't like the movies. I enjoyed watching the TFs duking it out when it was reasonable (OP cutting a swathe of ultimate destruction does not count) and when they actually got dialogue to themselves, but nothing else. They did not focus on the whole "Transformers" aspect of Transformers and that's why it failed in my eyes. Oh well, at least I still have you, Aligned Continuity.


The issue here is that, rather than bash the films, a lot of people bash the fans of them.
Check out my webcomic, Kid Robo, every Monday at http://www.grayhavencomics.comImage
Marcdachamp
Pretender
Posts: 753
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby JeffX » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:30 pm

Here's the thing. People want to watch a movie with some human involvement in it. As a Transformer fan I want to see more Transformers but I realize that they would not make a successful movie by doing that. Most of us love the original animated movie, but it didn't fare well in the theater. Nor would that same movie do well again in 2007.
JeffX
Micromaster
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby Master Renegade » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:48 pm

OptiMagnus wrote:So, are you saying that I should go beat myself up for being a fan of worthless piles of s**t, then go yelling to my family and friends that they're fans of worthless s**t and should be ashamed of themsleves and that people have negative impressions of them because they told them they like the Transformers movies? So basically, if I tell someone I'm a Transformers fan, they'll think: "Oh my, he likes those incredibly bad movies. He must have bad moral values."


If that's what you're reading into my comments, then you either need to brush up on your reading skills and look again, or see if your defective brain is under warranty and able to be replaced. I never said nor implied anything about morality.

What I said, and what I meant, are EXACTLY what the words themselves say. Nothing more, nothing less.
Master Renegade
Mini-Con
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:02 am

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby paul053 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:00 pm

This thread still open? Nice. :APPLAUSE:

I've been trying to think how Mikaely could fit in with Carly. Sure, she moved to DC and lived with Sam after ROTF. Then turned out her career is going better than Sam's. Then dumped Sam to mate with Mr. Appropriate and then rescued by Sam in Chicago and then talked to Megatron to make him shoot at Sentinel. Then Bee's gear rings dropped. Only a little tweak these female characters are easily re-writable. So they are really NOT important. Rosie does make people feel a little bit of loosing chemistry between She and Shia but again, this all doesn't matter IMO.

If the critics or any body never brought up the racist thing, would people ever think of it when watching the movies? Even up until now I've watched the previous two movies numerous times, I always think they are just bad jokes. I'm in different color than white myself and I don't feel offend when Keiko asking "which bag?" and Ken jerking his tongue and head. Think about this, you all know who the two major big stars in one of Bay's hit Bad Boys are.

How many new fans has these three movies created than loosing the old? If the new is greater, Bay already did what Hasbro want.
User avatar
paul053
Brainmaster
Posts: 1493
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:02 am
Location: Plymouth, MN
Buy from paul053 on eBay

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby Firebrand » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Motto: "The price for peace is war."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
JeffX wrote:Here's the thing. People want to watch a movie with some human involvement in it. As a Transformer fan I want to see more Transformers but I realize that they would not make a successful movie by doing that. Most of us love the original animated movie, but it didn't fare well in the theater. Nor would that same movie do well again in 2007.


But are the Cybertronians not anthropomorphic enough to be relatable? Honestly, with a good script it could have been successful with much less human involvement.
User avatar
Firebrand
Micromaster
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:09 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:10 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Decepticon_Vandal wrote:
JeffX wrote:Here's the thing. People want to watch a movie with some human involvement in it. As a Transformer fan I want to see more Transformers but I realize that they would not make a successful movie by doing that. Most of us love the original animated movie, but it didn't fare well in the theater. Nor would that same movie do well again in 2007.


But are the Cybertronians not anthropomorphic enough to be relatable? Honestly, with a good script it could have been successful with much less human involvement.


And you think all that CG would be cheap?
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4052
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby Burn » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Master Renegade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Well get over it. Because the majority of the people like the movies.


No, because in my experience, the majority is usually wrong.


No, they just have an opinion different to yours. That doesn't make them wrong, nor does it make your opinion wrong.

Master Renegade wrote:If that's what you're reading into my comments, then you either need to brush up on your reading skills and look again, or see if your defective brain is under warranty and able to be replaced. I never said nor implied anything about morality.


Un-necessary comment. I've already asked people in this thread to keep it civil because i'm sick and tired of this same old "discussion" degenerating into personal insults.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38545
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby OptiMagnus » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Master Renegade wrote:
OptiMagnus wrote:So, are you saying that I should go beat myself up for being a fan of worthless piles of s**t, then go yelling to my family and friends that they're fans of worthless s**t and should be ashamed of themsleves and that people have negative impressions of them because they told them they like the Transformers movies? So basically, if I tell someone I'm a Transformers fan, they'll think: "Oh my, he likes those incredibly bad movies. He must have bad moral values."


If that's what you're reading into my comments, then you either need to brush up on your reading skills and look again, or see if your defective brain is under warranty and able to be replaced. I never said nor implied anything about morality.

What I said, and what I meant, are EXACTLY what the words themselves say. Nothing more, nothing less.

You imply that since these movies are bad, they define the franchise now and define what I enjoy as a Transformers fan, which you say is a bad thing. You say it's a franchise you're ashamed of now because you think people define you as a fan of these movies, which according to you, are bad, and all people who aren't "fans" think they're bad.
What I'm asking YOU is do you honestly think people will define me (and other TF fans) as a fan of incredibly bad worthless s**t because of these movies, and do you think I should be ashamed of myself for enjoying them? (The morality thing was just an exaggeration, I apologise.)
And yeah, the warranty expired on my defective brain. I called Brain Mart but they're out of the model I need. :P
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
User avatar
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Re: Here's to you Micheal Bay (rant)

Postby Master Renegade » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:49 pm

OptiMagnus wrote:You imply that since these movies are bad, they define the franchise now and define what I enjoy as a Transformers fan, which you say is a bad thing. You say it's a franchise you're ashamed of now because you think people define you as a fan of these movies, which according to you, are bad, and all people who aren't "fans" think they're bad.
What I'm asking YOU is do you honestly think people will define me (and other TF fans) as a fan of incredibly bad worthless s**t because of these movies, and do you think I should be ashamed of myself for enjoying them?


To unnecessarily clarify, all anyone who's not a TF fan knows of Transformers anymore is these movies. I am ashamed to be considered a fan of Transformers now because of that. These movies would need a ton of improvement for me to consider them as simply bad, and I do not want to be associated with anything like that. Their opinion is of the movies irrelevant in that equation, only that they mistake me to be a fan of them simply because I several other incarnations of the franchise.

As for whether I believe you should be ashamed to like them: Yes, I do. I think everyone involved with them should be ashamed of making them, I think Hasbro should be ashamed of capitalizing on them, and theaters should be ashamed to show them. I think EVERYONE should be ashamed of having standards so low that they think these movies are good.

Don't, however, mistake that to mean that I expect you, or anyone else, will be ashamed. I've long ago quit expecting anyone to be ashamed of anything.
Master Renegade
Mini-Con
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:02 am

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014