Atary77 wrote:Long since the 80's many Transformers fans including myself have been awaiting the day to see another decent film in the franchise. Sadly that wasn't 2007, nor 2009, nor in 2011. No all we were delivered was disappointment served by a childish, selfish, sexist, racist moron who directed it. Oh I'm sure there are other people that are responsible for all three Transformers movies being as bad as they are but since mister Bay is the dude who's felt so proud to slap his name in the biggest letters and have his name said and the end of every advertisement, then you'll understand why I decide to take out my frustrations and file my complaints towards him.
Keep in mind I'm only judging these movies as just that. Movies. I'm not gonna rant about how the films don't specifically follow the continuity established by Generation 1 comics or animation. I'm looking at the three films by themselves just to be fair. So let's start with what's wrong with this whole mess of a trilogy.
1. Where's the title characters?- The movies are all called Transformers so why pray tell is the majority of the film centered around Shia LaBouff and what slut he happens to be with. Not to mention the goofy side characters like all the asshole government agents and the goofy comic reliefs who try too hard to be funny. I paid money to see giant robots so why do I only see them one tenth of the film? They should be the **** stars of the movie not just a couple of distractions which is how I felt they were being treated. This could be chalked up to the fact the effects for the robots are extremely expensive to render. But maybe they could've saved some money by not setting every damn thing on fire with huge exsplosions and paying actors who play characters that have nothing to do with the story other than the fact they happen to be there!
2. Poor Writing- There are more problems with this scripts than the recent Violent Video games bill California tried to pass! The attempts at humor in this movie try too freaking hard to be funny in a crude way that it's just obnoxious! Seems like not one scene goes by without some kind of dick, fart, sex, masturbation, drug, or racist crack at something. It's like something brought in the writers of Family Guy for god's sake. Now with the second film Revenge of the Fallen it's said that many of the writers were on strike at the time the script was being made and that Micheal bay himself did most of the writing. To that end it only shows how much of an over grown brat Bay is. And for something that's supposed to be intended for something of a younger audience there's an awful lot of vulgarity and dirty words in these flicks. Seriously every single thing that happened at the college is just painful to watch and just unnecessary! And lets not forget about the giant robot with testicles and bare man ass on screen! And don't even get me started on that little piece of shit Wheelie! Seriously Wheelie was a piece of shit! Best way I can describe that worthless character. Oh and about the racist stuff...
3. Racial stereo types- This could probably go with the bad writing but it's thrown in your face so much in these films that it's impossible to ignore. Sure there have been some movies blamed for being racist just for subtle things here and there. But if that's the case all three of these movies could warrant a march from just about every ethnicity. I mean Jesus Christ how could they get away with some of these characters? Every black guy in this movie with the exception of one soldier character was some goofy moron being silly and stereo typical and... hell that's how every non-white person in this movie is treated! Even the robots are stereotypical with Skids and Mudflap talking jive and acting like rappers from the friggen 1980's. The only way it could've been worse is if they had pure black faces and white lips! Granted even the white characters in these movies are goofy too but some of which are just down right creepy like the college professor from RotF and John Malchovich from DotM.
4. Sexist much?- Yeah let's not forget about how much hot girl ass gets more screen time than the **** robots the movies are named after. Being a guy I can admit I like seeing T and A in my movies but to be honest I don't expect to see them in a movie that's supposed about be about giant robots beating the shit out of each other! Not to mention if you're gonna cast someone attractive in your third movie at least make sure they can **** act! Looks don't mean a damn thing if their acting skills are as sharp as a turd!
5. The director- Oh yes Micheal Bay, the previous three reasons I mentioned above are pretty much his fault. Yep that's his vision folks. That's what he wanted in his movies. Why would anyone want this? Well I'll tell you and I'm not just exaggerating my opinion here. Oh no, I'm saying this because I firmly believe this about Bay's personal character. Call slander all you want but I've yet to see anything that proves me otherwise of this. Micheal Bay as both a person and a director is in fact a childish ,racist ,sexist bastard. Yes I said it and I'm not apologizing for that either. Throughout these movies and in other movies he's done Micheal Bay has shown his capacity for poor crude humor and portraying racial stereo types as if he believes that's how all black, Mexican, Indian, and all around brown people act. Because he does believe that. Women? Well he thinks you're all nothing more than curvy objects to be ogled at and too insecure to do anything on your own without the help of a big strong man.
Now for all of you out there who think I'm just saying these mean and nasty things about him just to say them then let me ask this, take a movie like say The King's Speech ,True Grit ,or Dark Knight with him in the directors chair. Now do you think those movies would be as good? The answer to that riddle is no kids. They would be more insensitive eye **** which is all we've ever gotten out of this man. Sadly all he's going to do is keep raping our eyes with sexism and racism as long as Hollywood gives him money for it and they'll keep doing that because Hollywood is as shallow as he is.
There you have it, these movies have been nothing more than a raping of what I consider precious childhood memories. And Hollywood gave him the power to do it and they let him get away with it while they just watched. So Don Murphy and Stephen Speilberg don't be proud of yourselves. No one should be proud of these. I'm more than certain Peter Cullen isn't happy with any of these movies. And if he is then my god what's wrong with him? So after three movies of failure I'm not buying in to any more of the hype for any more of these films or the merchandise nor will I be getting the DVD's anytime soon. Way to go Micheal Bay, Stephen Spielberg, and Don Murphy you guys failed miserably in the eyes of fans and just movie goers and critics alike. Especially you Micheal Bay. You childish, racist, sexist asshole.
i agree with 95 percent of what you say there.
only issues is the word slut, totally unnecessary and unwarranted.
and the name calling of bay, you dont know the guy, you may not liek his work, but we dont know if he is racist, sexist, wetc. Yeh there may be evidence in the movies and that but that doesnt ,mean he is without knowing him.
And for the poster who said mikaela was weaker than carly.
Mikaela chose to go to mission city at the heart of the battle, she rescued bee, refused to leave him, and then re-entered the battle. she captured wheelie. she killed the pretender. she stayed in heart of battle in egypt. she fought to save sam.
Carly fulfilled damsel in distress. She took the car from the douche bag boss. Mikaela refused the lift from the douche bag jock. Carly was a vacious airhead who used her looks for gain (not saying actress is, jsut the role) She didnt pro-actively engage in the battle sh was captured and put into it.