Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Hilarious Flash about hating the PS3

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Postby Sonray » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:26 pm

DesalationReborn wrote:
Sonray wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
DesalationReborn wrote:I usually pronounce it "bull-ooks" or a sloppy "bull-ax", but anyway... totally awesome. How much has Sony lost so far?


According to Wikipedia:

PS3: Approx. 6 Million Units Worldwide
Wii: Approx. 9.3 Million
Xbox Approx. 11 Million

Guess who's losing the console wars!♫


Its a shame as i loved Sony, i grew up on their systems...oh well.

And dont make me hurt you DesalationReborn! :P My wife says it wrong all the time cos shes an american and i give her a hard time about it all the time cos its one of my favourite words. :-x


So am I right or wrong? I sound just like that recording. :-?


Niether of the two you wrote is how its pronounced, as that is the wrong way to pronouce it. Its more like "bol-locks", as you cans ee its spelt the same way as the word itself, but if you split it up like that and then say it quickly you end up pronouncing it right.
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby Shadowman » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:31 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Sonray wrote:
DesalationReborn wrote:
Sonray wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
DesalationReborn wrote:I usually pronounce it "bull-ooks" or a sloppy "bull-ax", but anyway... totally awesome. How much has Sony lost so far?


According to Wikipedia:

PS3: Approx. 6 Million Units Worldwide
Wii: Approx. 9.3 Million
Xbox Approx. 11 Million

Guess who's losing the console wars!♫


Its a shame as i loved Sony, i grew up on their systems...oh well.

And dont make me hurt you DesalationReborn! :P My wife says it wrong all the time cos shes an american and i give her a hard time about it all the time cos its one of my favourite words. :-x


So am I right or wrong? I sound just like that recording. :-?


Niether of the two you wrote is how its pronounced, as that is the wrong way to pronouce it. Its more like "bol-locks", as you cans ee its spelt the same way as the word itself, but if you split it up like that and then say it quickly you end up pronouncing it right.


If you watch foreign programs just enough, (Americans get British shows all the time. Hell, I get BBC.) you can figure out how to pronounce any word.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28898
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Sonray » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:49 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Sonray wrote:
DesalationReborn wrote:
Sonray wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
DesalationReborn wrote:I usually pronounce it "bull-ooks" or a sloppy "bull-ax", but anyway... totally awesome. How much has Sony lost so far?


According to Wikipedia:

PS3: Approx. 6 Million Units Worldwide
Wii: Approx. 9.3 Million
Xbox Approx. 11 Million

Guess who's losing the console wars!♫


Its a shame as i loved Sony, i grew up on their systems...oh well.

And dont make me hurt you DesalationReborn! :P My wife says it wrong all the time cos shes an american and i give her a hard time about it all the time cos its one of my favourite words. :-x


So am I right or wrong? I sound just like that recording. :-?


Niether of the two you wrote is how its pronounced, as that is the wrong way to pronouce it. Its more like "bol-locks", as you cans ee its spelt the same way as the word itself, but if you split it up like that and then say it quickly you end up pronouncing it right.


If you watch foreign programs just enough, (Americans get British shows all the time. Hell, I get BBC.) you can figure out how to pronounce any word.


Or watch the movie Snatch or Lock Stock.
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby Shadowman » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:35 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Or Monty Python. 8)
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28898
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Sonray » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:38 pm

Shadowman wrote:Or Monty Python. 8)


Well that goes without saying. :P
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby DesalationReborn » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:28 pm

Sonray wrote:
DesalationReborn wrote:
Sonray wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
DesalationReborn wrote:I usually pronounce it "bull-ooks" or a sloppy "bull-ax", but anyway... totally awesome. How much has Sony lost so far?


According to Wikipedia:

PS3: Approx. 6 Million Units Worldwide
Wii: Approx. 9.3 Million
Xbox Approx. 11 Million

Guess who's losing the console wars!♫


Its a shame as i loved Sony, i grew up on their systems...oh well.

And dont make me hurt you DesalationReborn! :P My wife says it wrong all the time cos shes an american and i give her a hard time about it all the time cos its one of my favourite words. :-x


So am I right or wrong? I sound just like that recording. :-?


Niether of the two you wrote is how its pronounced, as that is the wrong way to pronouce it. Its more like "bol-locks", as you cans ee its spelt the same way as the word itself, but if you split it up like that and then say it quickly you end up pronouncing it right.


Problem is, not everyone pronounces written script the same, so we may be thinking the same thing. Think Mid-Western dialect.

EDIT: bow-lux? :P
Image
DesalationReborn
City Commander
Posts: 3843
Joined: Sat May 22, 2004 8:29 pm

Postby Xion » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:15 am

Sonray wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
DesalationReborn wrote:I usually pronounce it "bull-ooks" or a sloppy "bull-ax", but anyway... totally awesome. How much has Sony lost so far?


According to Wikipedia:

PS3: Approx. 6 Million Units Worldwide
Wii: Approx. 9.3 Million
Xbox Approx. 11 Million

Guess who's losing the console wars!♫


Its a shame as i loved Sony, i grew up on their systems...oh well.

And dont make me hurt you DesalationReborn! :P My wife says it wrong all the time cos shes an american and i give her a hard time about it all the time cos its one of my favourite words. :-x

Well it was simple Sony has lost the most of the fans with the PS2 and also me.
Xion
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 846
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:49 pm

Postby Shadowman » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:39 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Xion wrote:
Sonray wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
DesalationReborn wrote:I usually pronounce it "bull-ooks" or a sloppy "bull-ax", but anyway... totally awesome. How much has Sony lost so far?


According to Wikipedia:

PS3: Approx. 6 Million Units Worldwide
Wii: Approx. 9.3 Million
Xbox Approx. 11 Million

Guess who's losing the console wars!♫


Its a shame as i loved Sony, i grew up on their systems...oh well.

And dont make me hurt you DesalationReborn! :P My wife says it wrong all the time cos shes an american and i give her a hard time about it all the time cos its one of my favourite words. :-x

Well it was simple Sony has lost the most of the fans with the PS2 and also me.


Why the PS2? It was one of the best consoles ever. It had a gigantic, versatile library, with more developers behind it than Xbox or Gamecube.

Do you mean the PS3?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28898
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Sonray » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:55 am

Shadowman wrote:
Xion wrote:
Sonray wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
DesalationReborn wrote:I usually pronounce it "bull-ooks" or a sloppy "bull-ax", but anyway... totally awesome. How much has Sony lost so far?


According to Wikipedia:

PS3: Approx. 6 Million Units Worldwide
Wii: Approx. 9.3 Million
Xbox Approx. 11 Million

Guess who's losing the console wars!♫


Its a shame as i loved Sony, i grew up on their systems...oh well.

And dont make me hurt you DesalationReborn! :P My wife says it wrong all the time cos shes an american and i give her a hard time about it all the time cos its one of my favourite words. :-x

Well it was simple Sony has lost the most of the fans with the PS2 and also me.


Why the PS2? It was one of the best consoles ever. It had a gigantic, versatile library, with more developers behind it than Xbox or Gamecube.

Do you mean the PS3?


I would hope so, or id have to rip him a new one for dissing the ps2!! :P
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby DesalationReborn » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:46 am

Sonray wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Xion wrote:
Sonray wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
DesalationReborn wrote:I usually pronounce it "bull-ooks" or a sloppy "bull-ax", but anyway... totally awesome. How much has Sony lost so far?


According to Wikipedia:

PS3: Approx. 6 Million Units Worldwide
Wii: Approx. 9.3 Million
Xbox Approx. 11 Million

Guess who's losing the console wars!♫


Its a shame as i loved Sony, i grew up on their systems...oh well.

And dont make me hurt you DesalationReborn! :P My wife says it wrong all the time cos shes an american and i give her a hard time about it all the time cos its one of my favourite words. :-x

Well it was simple Sony has lost the most of the fans with the PS2 and also me.


Why the PS2? It was one of the best consoles ever. It had a gigantic, versatile library, with more developers behind it than Xbox or Gamecube.

Do you mean the PS3?


I would hope so, or id have to rip him a new one for dissing the ps2!! :P


It was truly a sleek black god among consoles.
Image
DesalationReborn
City Commander
Posts: 3843
Joined: Sat May 22, 2004 8:29 pm

Postby Powersurge » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:20 am

Bloody great song that, and its true, the PS2 was a bloody great system (thought I've never owned one, I've seen reviews of the system and games, though my sister has just got a slimline PS2 cheap, so I'll have a go on it at some stage.), but it just went all wrong with the PS3 really, well I'll just be going with the Wii and 360 (when Halo3 is released mind)
Image
Sig made by me, go Dr.A
Powersurge
Headmaster
Posts: 1033
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:49 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Postby Cowboy Bebop » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:23 am

PS2 was good, I give it that. But what was the deal-breaker between PS2 online and Live was that it costs $$ to make your own server online. It may be free, but there's no way to communicate! I can't call that online without some teamwork.
Image
Cowboy Bebop
Faction Commander
Posts: 4097
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:40 am
Location: The Bebop


Return to Video Games Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014