Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Discuss the Heavy Metal War game, report bugs, challenge opponents, and talk some smack! Play the Heavy Metal War game here.

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Absolute Zero » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:03 pm

Weapon: Viper Pistol
neliz wrote:couldn't you guuys wait a month?


We could. But I like to gain more then 100 XP a mission.
Image
Sig by Dragonslayer

Warrior's Code wrote:You're the fighter you've got the fire
The spirit of a warrior, the champion's heart
You fight for your life because the fighter never quits
You make the most of the hand you're dealt
Because the quitter never wins

SPL Round 1: Second Place
Autbot Treasure Hunt: Winner
Hunt the Renegades: Winner

Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5109
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:47 pm
Location: Burn's lawn
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 10
Firepower: 1
Skill: 3

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Psychout » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:06 pm

Motto: "The Blackest Night Falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your Demise
by my Black Hand-- --The Dead shall rise!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Preds, keep us informed if we need to raise the chances of cross genration missions for you guys.
ImageDISCLAIMER: The above post clearly was meant to offend, and if you feel insulted by it, please use the 'close browser' button and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously.
User avatar
Psychout
HMW Moderator
Posts: 11536
News Credits: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:04 am
Location: Vatican City
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Galvatron Supreme » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:08 pm

Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Awesome! Thanks OS and Psych. :grin:
User avatar
Galvatron Supreme
Pretender
Posts: 728
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:02 pm
Buy from Galvatron Supreme on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Bluevolt » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:16 pm

Great job. Spawn rate for Beast is working well, just can the Atuoboobs please fill out your missions ;)
TY fixers
Image
Bluevolt
Godmaster
Posts: 1885
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:22 am
Location: Skeg Vegas

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Redimus GTS » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:18 pm

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I havnt seen much other than max missions in a bit too, but there's a couple of maximals about right now, so it isnt the worst.
Image

Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
User avatar
Redimus GTS
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Neo Kaon, planing the domination of HMW:GD.
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Name_Violation » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Motto: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
yeah, i like the idea of fighting maxi's more, but there is no opposition. we're getting 6 on 1's and its hurtin the xp gain.

i appreciate that things are finally getting overhauled, but i was also finally gettin good at taking on worthy oppoents.

It would work IF MAXIMALS WOULD ACTUALLY PLAY

edit: i do love the concept, and does this mean if no maxi's are playin we get to spawn con and bot missions?

i think it would be nice if preds and maxi's could still spawn bot con missions more just so we could get xp
Image
Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids :KREMZEEK:
People wrote:zombybunnie: N_V scares me...I no longer wish that my pants transformed
Burn:Anyone notice how much of a boring party pooper N_V is? He doesn't join in the fun, he's spent the last few years with dodgy builds feeding XP to the Autobots, and he sure as heck doesn't spam.
disruptor96: I forgot how insane you were.
User avatar
Name_Violation
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9439
News Credits: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: Location, Location
Intelligence: ???
Skill: ???

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Zordon » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:05 pm

Motto: "I'm sure on some planet your style is impressive, but your weak link is: this is seibertron"
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Name_Violation wrote:It would work IF MAXIMALS WOULD ACTUALLY PLAY


think the preds are a bit worried as they now have to work for there xp

just let the new missions to sync up and we will all have full missions with lots of xp gains to go around :)


like these:

http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar ... n_id=15442

http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar ... n_id=15445

http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar ... n_id=15446

http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar ... n_id=15451

http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar ... n_id=15452

all good turn outs by both sides
Image
User avatar
Zordon
Pretender
Posts: 706
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:55 pm
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Archanubis » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:19 pm

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Haven't seen either a Pred or Maxi mission in a while. Just Bot vs Con.
Image
User avatar
Archanubis
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6851
News Credits: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:05 am
Location: Hylion Prime

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Name_Violation » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:22 pm

Motto: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Zordon wrote:
Name_Violation wrote:It would work IF MAXIMALS WOULD ACTUALLY PLAY


think the preds are a bit worried as they now have to work for there xp

just let the new missions to sync up and we will all have full missions with lots of xp gains to go around :)


like these:

http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar ... n_id=15442

http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar ... n_id=15445

http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar ... n_id=15446

http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar ... n_id=15451

http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar ... n_id=15452

all good turn outs by both sides


those aren't good xp.

i was gettin 700-900 per mission on average fightin bots and cons. They also dont make up for the 3 no opponent missions and the 3 that i got 150 xp for before those.

i understand for maxi's those are good missions, but it's gonna hurt my chances of gaining ground on the bots/cons on the scoreboards, and keep me from gettin level 3's in a timely manner
Image
Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids :KREMZEEK:
People wrote:zombybunnie: N_V scares me...I no longer wish that my pants transformed
Burn:Anyone notice how much of a boring party pooper N_V is? He doesn't join in the fun, he's spent the last few years with dodgy builds feeding XP to the Autobots, and he sure as heck doesn't spam.
disruptor96: I forgot how insane you were.
User avatar
Name_Violation
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9439
News Credits: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: Location, Location
Intelligence: ???
Skill: ???

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Redimus GTS » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:23 pm

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Zordon wrote:think the preds are a bit worried as they now have to work for there xp


Work for our XP?!? Pfft. We're either in missions with unlosable odds, or in full beast missions, where we win easily, at least thats the results *I* have been getting thus far.

Even when you lot turn up, all it does is give us more xp.
Image

Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
User avatar
Redimus GTS
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Neo Kaon, planing the domination of HMW:GD.
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Burn » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:26 pm

Goddamn ... you Preds know how to bloody whinge don't ya's? :shock:

First your outnumbered so you say "give us more Beast only missions"

So you get your Beast only missions now you complain about the lack of opposition!

Give the new setups a chance! It's only been a few hours and it's pretty much Friday night everywhere so people may simply not be around.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38337
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Redimus GTS » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:28 pm

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Im not whinging, just observing the facts. N-V's whinging, but then he always does. And the Maxis are whinging, cuase they're ****. :P

EDIT:
However, I have to say this, no pred I know has seen a G1 mission since the changes were made. Right now, you can argue if that is a bad thing or not, and personally, im not too fussed, however, when it comes to the next tournie, this leaves us with a bit of a problem, as it effectivly has turned into two seperate wars that shall never mix.
Image

Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
User avatar
Redimus GTS
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Neo Kaon, planing the domination of HMW:GD.
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Name_Violation » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:31 pm

Motto: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Fearless Echoes wrote:
Zordon wrote:think the preds are a bit worried as they now have to work for there xp


Work for our XP?!? Pfft. We're either in missions with unlosable odds, or in full beast missions, where we win easily, at least thats the results *I* have been getting thus far.

Even when you lot turn up, all it does is give us more xp.



yeah when you get more xp losin to the bots/con than you do winning against maxi's its dicouraging.

Its sad that the arena is the best option for xp now

And in fairness, we did want more beast missions, but now the maxi's have jumped ship and we've had to fight the bots/con and got used to high xp, now we can't get any good xp and its hurting us. If the maxi's had more higher level bots it might be do-able, but all the missions have 1 level 2 and the rest 1's and zeros.

In theory i would love to kill maxi's but its shooting fish in a barrel, or pouring boiling oil on an ant hill, you kill a bunch, but don't get anything for it

edit*I'm not whining, I'm b!tch!ng
Image
Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids :KREMZEEK:
People wrote:zombybunnie: N_V scares me...I no longer wish that my pants transformed
Burn:Anyone notice how much of a boring party pooper N_V is? He doesn't join in the fun, he's spent the last few years with dodgy builds feeding XP to the Autobots, and he sure as heck doesn't spam.
disruptor96: I forgot how insane you were.
User avatar
Name_Violation
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9439
News Credits: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: Location, Location
Intelligence: ???
Skill: ???

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Absolute Zero » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:33 pm

Weapon: Viper Pistol
It's a start children. I personally think it's late, but better late then never right? And at least the staff is trying to give us a far chance.
Image
Sig by Dragonslayer

Warrior's Code wrote:You're the fighter you've got the fire
The spirit of a warrior, the champion's heart
You fight for your life because the fighter never quits
You make the most of the hand you're dealt
Because the quitter never wins

SPL Round 1: Second Place
Autbot Treasure Hunt: Winner
Hunt the Renegades: Winner

Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5109
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:47 pm
Location: Burn's lawn
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 10
Firepower: 1
Skill: 3

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Burn » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:34 pm

Fearless Echoes wrote:However, I have to say this, no pred I know has seen a G1 mission since the changes were made. Right now, you can argue if that is a bad thing or not, and personally, im not too fussed, however, when it comes to the next tournie, this leaves us with a bit of a problem, as it effectivly has turned into two seperate wars that shall never mix.


Valid point. Though last I checked the next tournament is suppose to be a Beast only one anyway so it should work for that.

Come Endgame we might have to look at things.

And just to piss you Preds off even more, i've seen one Max/Con mission so the generator's working good there. Oh and the Max side was full. :P
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38337
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Redimus GTS » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:37 pm

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Last I heard, that was gonna be the first post reset tournie, following on directly from the end of V1 tournie.
Image

Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
User avatar
Redimus GTS
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Neo Kaon, planing the domination of HMW:GD.
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Psychout » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:39 pm

Motto: "The Blackest Night Falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your Demise
by my Black Hand-- --The Dead shall rise!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
BAAAAAWWWWWW!!!

Whatever.

Ive seen at least 4 con v maxi missions so far so they are out there. We might have to turn up the frequency a bit, but we're hardly going to rush it if all you do is ****.

Besides, when the new brackets start coming into affect in the next few days, it should level out again.
ImageDISCLAIMER: The above post clearly was meant to offend, and if you feel insulted by it, please use the 'close browser' button and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously.
User avatar
Psychout
HMW Moderator
Posts: 11536
News Credits: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:04 am
Location: Vatican City
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Absolute Zero » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:13 pm

Weapon: Viper Pistol
I'm sorry. It seems that we're considered whining because we're not kissing ass saying how great it is to finally have something done that we'd asked for months ago when it would have made more of a difference. Back when Rat Convoy and Starlock several other Maximal commanders were playing more. This is probably the worst I've ever seen this board honestly. And before someone says "He's whining" or "groaning" those things require negative emotions. If anything, I'm slightly up on a neutral side of nothing. Not quite happy, but far from sad or angry. But just because we don't agree with you, or think that this is a perfect fix, doesn't mean we're whining. It means we have a different opinion then you, and it doesn't give you the right to try to bully or insult us just because we don't agree with you or feel we should kiss your ass.

Now, again, this is a good start at solving the problems with the beast faction missions, but it's only a start. If you're done collectively patting yourselves on the back, would you care to discuss further potential fixes?
Image
Sig by Dragonslayer

Warrior's Code wrote:You're the fighter you've got the fire
The spirit of a warrior, the champion's heart
You fight for your life because the fighter never quits
You make the most of the hand you're dealt
Because the quitter never wins

SPL Round 1: Second Place
Autbot Treasure Hunt: Winner
Hunt the Renegades: Winner

Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5109
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:47 pm
Location: Burn's lawn
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 10
Firepower: 1
Skill: 3

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Bluevolt » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:15 pm

After signing up for |Cons post reset i did ask OS if i could change to Preds. I enjoyed my time there guys ty. I think the changes are going to benefit you a lot, but there will always be those who can play more with a good initial set up and regular back up who trades life for Seibertron.com's Heavy Metal War!
Image
Bluevolt
Godmaster
Posts: 1885
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:22 am
Location: Skeg Vegas

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Bluevolt » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:20 pm

Absolute Zero wrote:I'm upset

I feel ya. I have been there. I left. Came back. So on...
And i was a con at the time.
Ambition is 18 hours a day 7 days a week. Ambition is relative to factions.
Image
Bluevolt
Godmaster
Posts: 1885
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:22 am
Location: Skeg Vegas

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Redimus GTS » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:22 pm

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
OK, calm down AZ, I think Psych was mainly commenting about name_violation's whingings. And if he wasnt, he should go back and actully read the rest of the pred posts, cuase we weren't whinging.

In either case, I cant say im getting much more xp in the actual missions, but I've had no deaths since the change, which means I'm gaining more xp per hour, through having 6 tfs on the go at all times.

I think we'll all have a better idea of the actual improvments/downsides of this change after a week or so, once all the verious different activity periods have been seen.
Image

Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
User avatar
Redimus GTS
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Neo Kaon, planing the domination of HMW:GD.
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Nickolai » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:29 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Man! Just when I was getting used to my high protein low-carb Pred diet.

I'll admit, Preds are like bugs. Distasteful it may be to mingle with them, pound for pound there's nothing more efficient to mangle.
Image

Freedom is the right of all sentient MISBeings.
Nickolai
Headmaster
Posts: 1029
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:28 pm
Location: Philippines
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 9

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Bluevolt » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:34 pm

Nickolai wrote:Preds are like bugs. Distasteful it may be to mingle with them, pound for pound there's nothing more efficient to mangle.


YEAH!
Image
Bluevolt
Godmaster
Posts: 1885
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:22 am
Location: Skeg Vegas

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Name_Violation » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:37 pm

Motto: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
sorry initial frustrstion gets the better of me

so fefe's right, we should wait to see how this plays out

and az had a point, we should be CONSTRUCTIVE about this.
is there any way to make the spawning of missions proportunal to people playing? i.e. if only a few maxi's online, we get more non maxi missions

or can we just tweak the rate of mission spawning.

In all fairness we did ask for more beast on beast action #-o , but we do like the chewtoys:P
Image
Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids :KREMZEEK:
People wrote:zombybunnie: N_V scares me...I no longer wish that my pants transformed
Burn:Anyone notice how much of a boring party pooper N_V is? He doesn't join in the fun, he's spent the last few years with dodgy builds feeding XP to the Autobots, and he sure as heck doesn't spam.
disruptor96: I forgot how insane you were.
User avatar
Name_Violation
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9439
News Credits: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: Location, Location
Intelligence: ???
Skill: ???

Re: HMW: Noticed the mission changes yet?

Postby Absolute Zero » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:42 pm

Weapon: Viper Pistol
Fearless Echoes wrote:OK, calm down AZ, I think Psych was mainly commenting about name_violation's whingings. And if he wasnt, he should go back and actully read the rest of the pred posts, cuase we weren't whinging.

In either case, I cant say im getting much more xp in the actual missions, but I've had no deaths since the change, which means I'm gaining more xp per hour, through having 6 tfs on the go at all times.

I think we'll all have a better idea of the actual improvments/downsides of this change after a week or so, once all the verious different activity periods have been seen.


I am calm. I'm not angry, I'm maybe a little fustrated, but I'm far from being upset. And I don't want to be dead today. I'm am merely commenting on the way things are. That's why I said several times that this is a start, and they're trying, but what else needs to be done, I'm just getting tired of seeing anyone who disagrees getting lamblasted.

Maybe the maximals will come back and the faction will rebound, but right now, as it stands, we've traded three factions beating down on the maximals and the gen 1ers beating down on the Preds for the Preds beating down on the Maximals. The Maximals are in a bad way right now. What needs to be done to help them?
Image
Sig by Dragonslayer

Warrior's Code wrote:You're the fighter you've got the fire
The spirit of a warrior, the champion's heart
You fight for your life because the fighter never quits
You make the most of the hand you're dealt
Because the quitter never wins

SPL Round 1: Second Place
Autbot Treasure Hunt: Winner
Hunt the Renegades: Winner

Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5109
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:47 pm
Location: Burn's lawn
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 10
Firepower: 1
Skill: 3

Next

Return to Heavy Metal War Forum