If you are interested in joining in the war, come visit the community here or pick your faction and dive right in.
The Silent Night - 22 December 2011 to 2 January 2012
As many of the forum regulars will already know, the staff have been planning something special for the players over the Christmas season, well, its time to unveil the first part of it... Enjoy!
I now hand you over to our studio in Darkmount for an important message:
making a profit out of a crisis.
Premièring tonight with your hosts, Nemesis Wheelie and Zombie Cheerleader!!
- Good evening, I am Nemesis Wheelie.
- And I'm Zombie Cheerleader, and you are tuned to WPNN, the premier news broadcaster of the Heavy Metal Wars. Tonight we will be hearing from Intelligence officers from both factions on brand new developments within the war and how they will affect commanders in the battlefield. We now take you live to Autobot security commander Prowl briefing his security teams- *Ahem* We appear to have lost the feed there, so we pass you across to Starscream, Chief of pizza delivery Operations of the Decepticons for this statement......called a Neural Utility Transfer System. Perceptor and Wheeljack both claim that this could be the turning point in the war. Applying it to the cortex of a stasis-locked enemy will allow us to download, decrypt and collate enemy tactical data as its disseminated to the troops, and its hypothesised that if we can capture enough of a commanders troops we can neutralise that commanders effectiveness for a short period. These will be issued to the front-line troops and using the confusion over the Decahex Mine-4 explosion we can live-test these units as soon as possible. This should allow us to press the advan... Wait! What's that? Red Alert, get in here!! You said we were on a secure cha*BZZZZT*- And he's off again...Decepticon drones, did the Autobots really think that they can develop a weapon that reads our minds and we would not know about it? I have created my own prototype that you will also test. You have the next 10 mega cycles to report for upgrading where you will prepare to hunt down teams of Autobot weaklings and test these devices and report back to Soundwave. We shall take these fools own device and turn it upon them, giving us the advantage in this war and finally showing Megatron that I, Starscream, should be the rightful lea*BZZZZZ*
- So, what does this mean for the commanders in this war, Zombi? We have no idea. What we do know, however, is that there has been extreme frustration at the apparent stalemate over the last few years. Neither faction has really pressed its advantage and, frankly, its getting boring so whatever our command is planning I hope they do it soon!
- Luckily for us Decahex appears to be at a turning point. This inhospitable region of Cybertron had contained its last active energon mine, but it was destroyed in an act of blatant terrorism earlier today. With neither side willing to accept responsibility for its destruction it looks as though this could be the required spark in the powder keg of stalemate currently bringing Cybertron's lucrative weapons industry to a grinding halt.
- Under these dangerous circumstances, we strongly advise all commanders to report in to their main barracks to ensure that, when Decahex goes up like a Kremzeek on heat, their respective faction is able to seize the advantage before their enemies use it to crush them. This could very well be the upgrade that wins you the war.
- Well, that's all we've got time for tonight, we leave you with this thought: Intelligence? huh. What is it good for...?
So, what are we planning then? I can now reveal... the tourney details.
This is a war that will be fought on two fronts. First, the land war, will involve all players, forum posters or otherwise who will battle it out in the 'WarMissions', ending in a 5 or a 0. We will announce the mission where it begins and the mission where it all ends, so keep an eye on the boards for these dates/times/numbers.
The second battle is where the forum posters can make the difference. Those who sign up will be issued a Neural Scanner by their command. Using this they will capture enemy commanders and 'steal' military intelligence from them, giving their faction an advantage in the war. A factions ability to hold on to that advantage will make all the difference as the victories stack up.
Only commanders who have signed up can partake in the test, and only signed up commanders' soldiers can be captured. This game is open to all commanders from all levels of the game.
Here are the rules in detail:
Battle 1) Land War. (general game population)
- Only mission links ending in 5 or a 0 count towards the factions total.
- Missions with less than 2 on either side are discounted.
- The War lasts for 12 days, 22/12/11 to 02/01/12
- All players regardless of Forum involvement are included in this game
Battle 2) Faction Special Forces missions. (Forum posters, sign-ups required)
- A team-capture game, in the style of a 'scalphunt'.
- Only players who have signed-up in the forum can be included.
- All missions are legal in this game.
- Collect 6* members of an opponents team and they are captured, becoming 'The Prisoner'.
- Only 1 player can be 'The Prisoner' at any one time.
- The capturing faction gains an extra point for each WarMission victory whilst they still hold 'The Prisoner'.
- 'The Prisoner' can still enter any and all WarMissions and hunt whilst captured.
- The scalphunt continues until the land war ends with any newly captured players replacing the existing 'Prisoner', counted from the mission number in which the 6th head of their team was posted.
- 'The Prisoner' can be replaced by a prisoner of the same faction.
- 'The Prisoner' can escape in one of 2 ways (whichever happens first.)
- Another player is captured (including one the Prisoner catches themselves) which then replaces them as 'The Prisoner'
'The Prisoner' makes 50 kills in non-WarMissions (1-4,6-9) and escapes.
- The Staff will track who is the current prisoner in the first post of the Scores thread. We will try to update each time it changes as soon as is possible.
(tl:dr Scalp hunt. Collect half an opponents team and your faction gets +1 to WarMission wins.)
The overall winning faction will be the one with the highest score when the staff end the game on 2nd January 2012.
* This number is open to revision depending on faction balance.
Sign up for the battle in this thread here and put any questions/queries/banter in this thread here.
You have until the 19th December to sign-up.
Let the countdown begin...