how come?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: how come?

Postby Shadowman » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:18 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Evil_the_Nub wrote:The rail gun only shot his arm off causing him to fall down the side of the pyramid. As he fell he started to break apart, THAT is what killed him. His head came off and THEN his eyes go dark indicating he was dead.


That actually doesn't prove your point at all. It just proves that Devastator died while falling down the pyramid, not that the fall is what killed him. It wasn't what he was doing as he died, it was the serious wounds inflicted on him moments before that. Compare, say, Optimus dying in the 1986 movie. He died as he handed off the Matrix, but that's not what killed him; it was the wounds inflicted by Megatron.

You see where I'm going with this? Just because he fell as he died doesn't mean that's what killed him.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29972
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: how come?

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:29 am

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Shadowman wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:The rail gun only shot his arm off causing him to fall down the side of the pyramid. As he fell he started to break apart, THAT is what killed him. His head came off and THEN his eyes go dark indicating he was dead.


That actually doesn't prove your point at all. It just proves that Devastator died while falling down the pyramid, not that the fall is what killed him. It wasn't what he was doing as he died, it was the serious wounds inflicted on him moments before that. Compare, say, Optimus dying in the 1986 movie. He died as he handed off the Matrix, but that's not what killed him; it was the wounds inflicted by Megatron.

You see where I'm going with this? Just because he fell as he died doesn't mean that's what killed him.

The rail gun only took his arm off, that alone isn't fatal. That's why I'm saying the fall killed him. He's big and that equals a lot of G force when he falls.
Image
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
User avatar
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Posts: 2431
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:47 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: how come?

Postby Shadowman » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:07 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:The rail gun only shot his arm off causing him to fall down the side of the pyramid. As he fell he started to break apart, THAT is what killed him. His head came off and THEN his eyes go dark indicating he was dead.


That actually doesn't prove your point at all. It just proves that Devastator died while falling down the pyramid, not that the fall is what killed him. It wasn't what he was doing as he died, it was the serious wounds inflicted on him moments before that. Compare, say, Optimus dying in the 1986 movie. He died as he handed off the Matrix, but that's not what killed him; it was the wounds inflicted by Megatron.

You see where I'm going with this? Just because he fell as he died doesn't mean that's what killed him.

The rail gun only took his arm off, that alone isn't fatal. That's why I'm saying the fall killed him. He's big and that equals a lot of G force when he falls.


Okay, you're being really silly now. So here you go, take a look at this screenshot. As you can see, the shot took off part of his chest as well.

Also, the g-force during freefall wouldn't be nearly enough to kill him, and, in fact, would be very negligible.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29972
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: how come?

Postby Red 50 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:13 pm

Motto: "Never send an army to do a dinobot's job"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:The rail gun only shot his arm off causing him to fall down the side of the pyramid. As he fell he started to break apart, THAT is what killed him. His head came off and THEN his eyes go dark indicating he was dead.


That actually doesn't prove your point at all. It just proves that Devastator died while falling down the pyramid, not that the fall is what killed him. It wasn't what he was doing as he died, it was the serious wounds inflicted on him moments before that. Compare, say, Optimus dying in the 1986 movie. He died as he handed off the Matrix, but that's not what killed him; it was the wounds inflicted by Megatron.

You see where I'm going with this? Just because he fell as he died doesn't mean that's what killed him.

The rail gun only took his arm off, that alone isn't fatal. That's why I'm saying the fall killed him. He's big and that equals a lot of G force when he falls.


I dare to disagree. I don't think that the rail-gun shot just merely blasted his arm off. I think it damaged alot of his internal mechanisms and due to the force of it, also ripped the connections of his arm and threw him off balance, causing him to fall.

So my conclusion is that the shot by rail-gun was not fatal alone, but the whole factors caused by it proved fatal.

When you think about it, it makes sense.
Image
User avatar
Red 50
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 922
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 2:43 pm
Location: Estonia, Northern Europe
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Rank: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Re: how come?

Postby KingEmperor » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:18 pm

Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Didn't Devastator growl while he was falling? And if he was still alive after being shot, it wasn't the fall that killed him. It was the sudden few stops.
:lol:
\m/
KingEmperor
Targetmaster
Posts: 608
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:33 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: how come?

Postby Noideaforaname » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:27 pm

Can a gesalt form itself actually "die?" I mean, obviously certain components can be killed and thus make combination impossible, but I'd think any components not directly hit/damaged (in this case at least Hightower, Rampage, Long Haul, that other dump truck, and the bulldozer-hand) wouldn't be outright killed. And, IIRC, the individual Cons pop off in the fall/landings. Granted I have no clue how deeply the Constructicons connect with each other, both physically and mentally. Toy-esque popping apart could be causing all sorts of trauma.
And Hasbro's further confusing things by making Devastator into some abstract entity that exists within the subconscious of a whole tribe of Decepticons, as opposed to a specific construction team's experimental heavy-duty tool.
Image
"If you accidentally eat the prize that comes inside your cereal, does that make you a specially marked box?"
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
User avatar
Noideaforaname
City Commander
Posts: 3117
News Credits: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:31 pm
Location: South Jersey

Re: how come?

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:57 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Red 50 wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:The rail gun only shot his arm off causing him to fall down the side of the pyramid. As he fell he started to break apart, THAT is what killed him. His head came off and THEN his eyes go dark indicating he was dead.


That actually doesn't prove your point at all. It just proves that Devastator died while falling down the pyramid, not that the fall is what killed him. It wasn't what he was doing as he died, it was the serious wounds inflicted on him moments before that. Compare, say, Optimus dying in the 1986 movie. He died as he handed off the Matrix, but that's not what killed him; it was the wounds inflicted by Megatron.

You see where I'm going with this? Just because he fell as he died doesn't mean that's what killed him.

The rail gun only took his arm off, that alone isn't fatal. That's why I'm saying the fall killed him. He's big and that equals a lot of G force when he falls.


I dare to disagree. I don't think that the rail-gun shot just merely blasted his arm off. I think it damaged alot of his internal mechanisms and due to the force of it, also ripped the connections of his arm and threw him off balance, causing him to fall.

So my conclusion is that the shot by rail-gun was not fatal alone, but the whole factors caused by it proved fatal.

When you think about it, it makes sense.

That makes sense, it was a 1-2 punch situation.
Image
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
User avatar
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Posts: 2431
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:47 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

2002 Transformers Armada 3 Pack Figure Set MOC - RACE DIRTBOSS DOWNSHIFT MIRAGE - Time Remaining: 7 days 4 hours 35 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers UR Uniquetoys G1 Soundmixer Blaster Figure NEW - Time Remaining: 6 days 20 hours 5 minutes 12 seconds
TAKARA TOMY Transformers ENCORE 05 & 06 IRONHIDE & RATCHET SET NEW - Time Remaining: 6 days 13 hours 20 minutes 16 seconds
** 2014 - Transformers Generations Voyager Roadbuster - 30th Anniversary  ** - Time Remaining: 7 days 8 hours 7 minutes
** 2013 Takara Transformers Arms Micron, Exclusive Orion Pax - MISB ** - Time Remaining: 7 days 21 hours 7 minutes 9 seconds
** 2002 - Transformers Armada Red Alert with Longarm ** - Time Remaining: 7 days 4 hours 21 minutes 59 seconds
** 2001 Transformers RID Action Figure Wedge ** - Time Remaining: 7 days 3 hours 7 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers Universe Silverstreak New in Package L@@K! - Time Remaining: 6 days 24 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #154 - The Misfits
Twincast / Podcast #154:
"The Misfits"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, August 28th, 2016