Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

how to display them better

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

how to display them better

Postby Doubledealer93 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:46 pm

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
the shelves i have on display are on their last leg. they are cheap plastic walmart shelves and i need new ones. wood preferably. which ones do you recommend that are cheap?
Image

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
i have a blog now! http://dealingofthings.wordpress.com/
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Posts: 3822
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 3:19 pm
Location: Ravenna OH
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: how to display them better

Postby RAcast » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:20 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
I forget what they're called, but there're some really nice, really inexpensive shelves from ikea.
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2818
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: how to display them better

Postby Doubledealer93 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:27 pm

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
RAcast wrote:I forget what they're called, but there're some really nice, really inexpensive shelves from ikea.


funny someone on 4chan suggested something from ikea too. they are detolfs. and way to expensive for me. 64 bucks a set, hell no.
Image

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
i have a blog now! http://dealingofthings.wordpress.com/
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Posts: 3822
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 3:19 pm
Location: Ravenna OH
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: how to display them better

Postby RAcast » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:32 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Doubledealer93 wrote:
RAcast wrote:I forget what they're called, but there're some really nice, really inexpensive shelves from ikea.


funny someone on 4chan suggested something from ikea too. they are detolfs. and way to expensive for me. 64 bucks a set, hell no.

Oh ouch o_o I thought someone said there was something for around 20-30 that was nice, but I must be remembering wrong...
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2818
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: how to display them better

Postby RhA » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:15 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
RAcast wrote:
Doubledealer93 wrote:
RAcast wrote:I forget what they're called, but there're some really nice, really inexpensive shelves from ikea.


funny someone on 4chan suggested something from ikea too. they are detolfs. and way to expensive for me. 64 bucks a set, hell no.

Oh ouch o_o I thought someone said there was something for around 20-30 that was nice, but I must be remembering wrong...


Nope, they got more expensive.
Image
Latest TF: Energon Hotshot, Signal Flare & Strongarm.
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4104
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Underwhere
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: how to display them better

Postby Ruthless Cynic » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:37 pm

I can never remember detolfs being much cheaper than they are now. I went through what you are going through now. I bought some nice bookcases for $40+. The issue is that they will warp if they are particleboard and dust is everywhere. Even the cheap shelves are $30 now at target and Walmart. Do yourself a favor and get Detolfs. $65 they are still a steal. The lack of dust is the real selling point for me. Here is part of my collection http://imgur.com/a/S8s6k
Ruthless Cynic
Headmaster
Posts: 1179
News Credits: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:29 pm

Re: how to display them better

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:57 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Ruthless Cynic wrote:I can never remember detolfs being much cheaper than they are now. I went through what you are going through now. I bought some nice bookcases for $40+. The issue is that they will warp if they are particleboard and dust is everywhere. Even the cheap shelves are $30 now at target and Walmart. Do yourself a favor and get Detolfs. $65 they are still a steal. The lack of dust is the real selling point for me. Here is part of my collection http://imgur.com/a/S8s6k


To be honest, keeping figures inside DETOLFs only "lessen" the accumulation of dust, unless you seal up the two seams on the sides of the door.

I've got a DETOLF at home for TF displaying; while it takes about a month before the TF's require dusting inside a DETOLF as opposed to less than a week on an exposed bookshelf, it still doesn't really solve the dust problem.

That said, figures do look much better in glass shelves, as you can look at them from all angles. And unlike other collectibles that have hard-to-clean elements like cloth, synthetic hair and rubber skin, TF's can be cleaned relatively easily with a rag, compressed air or even a mini vacuum cleaner.

My Hot Toys figures, on the other hand, are kept in airtight acrylic display cases, as these usually have fabric clothing and rubber skin that are hard to dust.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2220
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: how to display them better

Postby Va'al » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:23 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
The cheap shelves from IKEA are called Billy.
They're bookshelves, but you can add glass doors to them, and put more shelves than they come with if you're so inclined!

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/83688210/
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Avatar image by sabrigami
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 6741
News Credits: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: how to display them better

Postby GuyIncognito » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:44 am

Va'al wrote:The cheap shelves from IKEA are called Billy.
They're bookshelves, but you can add glass doors to them, and put more shelves than they come with if you're so inclined!

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/83688210/


That's exactly what I was going to say. I just moved into a new house and I'm putting this in the basement for my collection: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S49858180/ with glass doors.

Bed Bath and Beyond has these little stands for spices; they're about one square foot in area, with three tiers - kind of like bleachers or the risers that a choir stands one. They're made of white plastic, so they'll blend in with the white Billy bookcases. I'm going to get a bunch of those and put them on the bookshelves so I can display three rows of standing figures and the ones in back will be visible.


As for the Detolfs, I think they're more suited for showcasing a small number of large figures, like Unicron or Fortress Maximus sized figures, ones that are real showpieces. I think the Billys are better for displaying large amounts of Voyager, Deluxe, and smaller figures.
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4668
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: how to display them better

Postby gavinfuzzy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:19 am

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Billy's are great, but they are not deep enough for my taste (no homo). They really are meant for books.

I use some from ikea too, they are not as long as billy, but they are about twice as wide. Forgot the name. :oops: Cool tip: Its best to leave the bottom shelf or too with an opaque door, since it's too low and out of sight for any good display, so might as well get some storage...

Image
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
User avatar
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
Posts: 1846
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 pm
Location: Singapore
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: how to display them better

Postby Erailea » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:21 am

You can always check out antique & consignment store. Sometimes you can find great stuff for cheap. I found a nice wooden bedside table for $20 a week or two ago. Has a few scratches but nothing all that noticeable and it was way cheaper than anything of similar quality at a general retailer.

You'll probably have more luck finding stuff at cheap prices at a general consignment store than an antique one, simply because, generally speaking, antique dealers know how to price things / can better advise their sellers. But you never know. Sometimes you can find real treasures at antique stores too, especially now with the antique market being all but dead.
User avatar
Erailea
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 854
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: how to display them better

Postby Doubledealer93 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:11 am

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
GuyIncognito wrote:
Va'al wrote:The cheap shelves from IKEA are called Billy.
They're bookshelves, but you can add glass doors to them, and put more shelves than they come with if you're so inclined!

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/83688210/


That's exactly what I was going to say. I just moved into a new house and I'm putting this in the basement for my collection: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S49858180/ with glass doors.

Bed Bath and Beyond has these little stands for spices; they're about one square foot in area, with three tiers - kind of like bleachers or the risers that a choir stands one. They're made of white plastic, so they'll blend in with the white Billy bookcases. I'm going to get a bunch of those and put them on the bookshelves so I can display three rows of standing figures and the ones in back will be visible.


As for the Detolfs, I think they're more suited for showcasing a small number of large figures, like Unicron or Fortress Maximus sized figures, ones that are real showpieces. I think the Billys are better for displaying large amounts of Voyager, Deluxe, and smaller figures.


both of these are really nice. the billys would work best cost and space wise.
Image

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
i have a blog now! http://dealingofthings.wordpress.com/
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Posts: 3822
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 3:19 pm
Location: Ravenna OH
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: how to display them better

Postby Doubledealer93 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:18 am

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
gavinfuzzy wrote:Billy's are great, but they are not deep enough for my taste (no homo). They really are meant for books.

I use some from ikea too, they are not as long as billy, but they are about twice as wide. Forgot the name. :oops: Cool tip: Its best to leave the bottom shelf or too with an opaque door, since it's too low and out of sight for any good display, so might as well get some storage...

Image


i will probably get some of these later on to display my classics collection as it is my favorite part of my collection.
Image

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
i have a blog now! http://dealingofthings.wordpress.com/
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Posts: 3822
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 3:19 pm
Location: Ravenna OH
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: how to display them better

Postby gavinfuzzy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:30 am

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Doubledealer93 wrote:
gavinfuzzy wrote:Billy's are great, but they are not deep enough for my taste (no homo). They really are meant for books.

I use some from ikea too, they are not as long as billy, but they are about twice as wide. Forgot the name. :oops: Cool tip: Its best to leave the bottom shelf or too with an opaque door, since it's too low and out of sight for any good display, so might as well get some storage...

*snipped*

i will probably get some of these later on to display my classics collection as it is my favorite part of my collection.



Yeah, the shelves are nice and deep, and I made custom stands out of corrrogated brownish/black plastic that matches the frame colour. So as you see on the bottom left cube, the classics bots are all lined up in a"staircase" formation (for lack of a better word). You can fit like 4 rows of deluxes + back row of voyagers if you make "staircase" stands that gradually increase. Big improvement over Billy where you can only hold 2-3 deluxe rows. ;)
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
User avatar
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
Posts: 1846
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 pm
Location: Singapore
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: how to display them better

Postby DISCHARGE » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:46 am

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
The 5(really 6) shelf bookshelves from Wal-mart are about $30 after tax, are big and solid. Deep enough to fit 4 Gen deluxes and wide enough for the same with some angling(sealed boxes).
020.JPG

I like these a lot. I need to get some more of these.



Cabinets with glass are great too, but it can get dusty inside
too if you keep the doors open at all.
030.JPG

Buy one at a time and slowly build your upgrade
if your budget doesn't allow a complete swap.


Glass shelves are my favorite though.
025.JPG


This was a stereo shelf I thought made a better display shelf. :D
Blurrz wrote:Transformers fans are just like real people.

Image
User avatar
DISCHARGE
Gestalt
Posts: 2778
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:41 pm
Firepower: 10+

Re: how to display them better

Postby Doubledealer93 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:56 am

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
DISCHARGE wrote:The 5(really 6) shelf bookshelves from Wal-mart are about $30 after tax, are big and solid. Deep enough to fit 4 Gen deluxes and wide enough for the same with some angling(sealed boxes).
020.JPG

I like these a lot. I need to get some more of these.





im sure you could fit a lot more deluxes if they were not in the box. because i can fit about 15-20 (give or take) deluxes on one of my shelves right now.
Image

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
i have a blog now! http://dealingofthings.wordpress.com/
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Posts: 3822
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 3:19 pm
Location: Ravenna OH
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: how to display them better

Postby DISCHARGE » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:16 am

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
Doubledealer93 wrote:
DISCHARGE wrote:The 5(really 6) shelf bookshelves from Wal-mart are about $30 after tax, are big and solid. Deep enough to fit 4 Gen deluxes and wide enough for the same with some angling(sealed boxes).
020.JPG

I like these a lot. I need to get some more of these.





im sure you could fit a lot more deluxes if they were not in the box. because i can fit about 15-20 (give or take) deluxes on one of my shelves right now.


Yeah, I'm sure you could. When I moved I had to get something for my boxed figures. The totes many had sat in for years were sad to look at knowing what was inside.
I'd like to get 3 more of these...
Those Billys's look nice too :-?
Blurrz wrote:Transformers fans are just like real people.

Image
User avatar
DISCHARGE
Gestalt
Posts: 2778
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:41 pm
Firepower: 10+

Re: how to display them better

Postby RodimalToyota » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:34 pm

I bought three Detolf Cases from ikea here locally, they have always been 64.99$.
I completely restarted my collection to fit in those cases.

I hate bookshelves, it gives you an excuse to buy more junk you end up selling off later.
Check out my Blog for cool info on Japanese on goings! (still under Constructicon control )
http://theiaconlifestyle.blogspot.com/

LOOKING FOR my Grail.

******MIB or MISB G1 Countdown******
User avatar
RodimalToyota
Pretender
Posts: 752
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:57 pm

Re: how to display them better

Postby GuyIncognito » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:41 am

Erailea wrote:You can always check out antique & consignment store. Sometimes you can find great stuff for cheap. I found a nice wooden bedside table for $20 a week or two ago. Has a few scratches but nothing all that noticeable and it was way cheaper than anything of similar quality at a general retailer.

You'll probably have more luck finding stuff at cheap prices at a general consignment store than an antique one, simply because, generally speaking, antique dealers know how to price things / can better advise their sellers. But you never know. Sometimes you can find real treasures at antique stores too, especially now with the antique market being all but dead.


With all due respect, the question was about how to display TFs better, not cheaper. Everyone's tastes are different and you're entitled to yours, but I think antique furniture is not a good way to display Transformers. Hummel figurines, Precious Moments figures, maybe a glass menagerie, but not Transformers. Especially something like a bedside table that offers no protection. If you've invested a lot of money in your collection and you want it to look good and be somewhat protected, don't cheap out on the display.
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4668
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: how to display them better

Postby Erailea » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:53 am

GuyIncognito wrote:
Erailea wrote:You can always check out antique & consignment store. Sometimes you can find great stuff for cheap. I found a nice wooden bedside table for $20 a week or two ago. Has a few scratches but nothing all that noticeable and it was way cheaper than anything of similar quality at a general retailer.

You'll probably have more luck finding stuff at cheap prices at a general consignment store than an antique one, simply because, generally speaking, antique dealers know how to price things / can better advise their sellers. But you never know. Sometimes you can find real treasures at antique stores too, especially now with the antique market being all but dead.


With all due respect, the question was about how to display TFs better, not cheaper. Everyone's tastes are different and you're entitled to yours, but I think antique furniture is not a good way to display Transformers. Hummel figurines, Precious Moments figures, maybe a glass menagerie, but not Transformers. Especially something like a bedside table that offers no protection. If you've invested a lot of money in your collection and you want it to look good and be somewhat protected, don't cheap out on the display.


Ah... is there a reason for going into a full on spat? I gave a bedside table of an example of something I got that looked really nice, is made of wood and is cheap. No where did I mention I got it for my collection.

If you'd ever entered a decent quality antique store before you'd know you can get really, really nice display cases and shelving at them. With and without glass doors. So... seriously, quit with the attitude. The comment was unnecessary.

If you can get a nice quality display case at an antique store, made of actual wood, why go with something cost the same that's press-board? That is all I was getting at. If he doesn't like the stuff then he doesn't like, doesn't mean I can't cay say "hey, this is out there too" in case they didn't think about it.

Jeez.
User avatar
Erailea
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 854
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: how to display them better

Postby datguy86 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:05 pm

Motto: "SHEEAGH!"
Erailea wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:
Erailea wrote:You can always check out antique & consignment store. Sometimes you can find great stuff for cheap. I found a nice wooden bedside table for $20 a week or two ago. Has a few scratches but nothing all that noticeable and it was way cheaper than anything of similar quality at a general retailer.

You'll probably have more luck finding stuff at cheap prices at a general consignment store than an antique one, simply because, generally speaking, antique dealers know how to price things / can better advise their sellers. But you never know. Sometimes you can find real treasures at antique stores too, especially now with the antique market being all but dead.


With all due respect, the question was about how to display TFs better, not cheaper. Everyone's tastes are different and you're entitled to yours, but I think antique furniture is not a good way to display Transformers. Hummel figurines, Precious Moments figures, maybe a glass menagerie, but not Transformers. Especially something like a bedside table that offers no protection. If you've invested a lot of money in your collection and you want it to look good and be somewhat protected, don't cheap out on the display.


Ah... is there a reason for going into a full on spat? I gave a bedside table of an example of something I got that looked really nice, is made of wood and is cheap. No where did I mention I got it for my collection.

If you'd ever entered a decent quality antique store before you'd know you can get really, really nice display cases and shelving at them. With and without glass doors. So... seriously, quit with the attitude. The comment was unnecessary.

If you can get a nice quality display case at an antique store, made of actual wood, why go with something cost the same that's press-board? That is all I was getting at. If he doesn't like the stuff then he doesn't like, doesn't mean I can't cay say "hey, this is out there too" in case they didn't think about it.

Jeez.


I'm fairly fond of hitting antique and thrift stores for shelving. You can run into some really good hutches with perfect display up top and storage space down below for things like Masterpiece or "higher grade" characters. Also, some of those slightly used tables make for cheap ways to get a battlefield going. Cyberverse, I'm looking at you.
Image

Actively Searching: Universe 2.0 Ratchet, Universe 2.0 Inferno, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream
datguy86
Vehicon
Posts: 395
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:18 pm
Location: Pennsyltucky
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Re: how to display them better

Postby redoutlander » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Motto: "I don't know what I am doing, but at least I'm doing something"
Weapon: Energy Shurikens
Erailea wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:
Erailea wrote:You can always check out antique & consignment store. Sometimes you can find great stuff for cheap. I found a nice wooden bedside table for $20 a week or two ago. Has a few scratches but nothing all that noticeable and it was way cheaper than anything of similar quality at a general retailer.

You'll probably have more luck finding stuff at cheap prices at a general consignment store than an antique one, simply because, generally speaking, antique dealers know how to price things / can better advise their sellers. But you never know. Sometimes you can find real treasures at antique stores too, especially now with the antique market being all but dead.


With all due respect, the question was about how to display TFs better, not cheaper. Everyone's tastes are different and you're entitled to yours, but I think antique furniture is not a good way to display Transformers. Hummel figurines, Precious Moments figures, maybe a glass menagerie, but not Transformers. Especially something like a bedside table that offers no protection. If you've invested a lot of money in your collection and you want it to look good and be somewhat protected, don't cheap out on the display.


Ah... is there a reason for going into a full on spat? I gave a bedside table of an example of something I got that looked really nice, is made of wood and is cheap. No where did I mention I got it for my collection.

If you'd ever entered a decent quality antique store before you'd know you can get really, really nice display cases and shelving at them. With and without glass doors. So... seriously, quit with the attitude. The comment was unnecessary.

If you can get a nice quality display case at an antique store, made of actual wood, why go with something cost the same that's press-board? That is all I was getting at. If he doesn't like the stuff then he doesn't like, doesn't mean I can't cay say "hey, this is out there too" in case they didn't think about it.

Jeez.



He did say "With all do respect" so it's legal. ;)

I've just been using a bookshelf for my Prime figures. I've had plans to make a glass enclosed "battle scene", but I never got around to working out the details.
"oh yea, Breakdown Robot"

Image
User avatar
redoutlander
Micromaster
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:59 am
Location: Sumter, South Carolina
Strength: 4
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 6
Rank: 3
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 2


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

cron
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014