Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby First-Aid » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:59 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
craggy wrote:I get an insect vibe too. Not Waspy, I think it's a badass version of Inferno. For the royalty!


THIS!!! =P~
Scalpel...blood bucket...priest...next patient!

Would ye care fer a wee nip of scotch whiskey?

Yes I am a Cubs fan. You may pity me now.
First-Aid
City Commander
Posts: 3777
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:54 am
Location: A lone Bears household in CHeeseheadland...
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby Lord Onixprime » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:00 pm

Gigan?........ ;)

Tell me someone else thinks the face looks like Gigan, lol.
Last edited by Lord Onixprime on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Lord Onixprime
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby DISCHARGE » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:14 pm

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
I say it's Tarantulas.
Blurrz wrote:Transformers fans are just like real people.

Image
User avatar
DISCHARGE
Gestalt
Posts: 2790
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:41 pm
Firepower: 10+

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby JBStuka » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:21 pm

I agree with the insect posts... Those mandibles and antenna really give that away. And as far as my earlier post about being all three Insecticons... I was basing it off of this shot...

Prime Insecticons 1.jpg


Red lines showing the standing locations and how they are overlapped with one another.

It felt like we were looking up at the (Bot or Bots) from below as they are leaning in together almost like a football huddle and looking down at us (camera). Then as the camera zoomed up towards them it was then fixed in on the just the center one.
I also went this route due to the lack of symmetry of the shapes and the lights on both sides of the central figure in the fog.

After watching it a few more times I am leaning more towards ONE larger bot like the rest of you... But I am definitely sticking to the insect idea.
JBStuka
Mini-Con
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:42 am

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby craggy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:51 pm

that pic could be one guy with big hands or big weapons (look like maces) in his hands...or just arm kibble.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4714
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby ralphatron » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:53 pm

I hope it's Shrapnel. I've always loved that character and his creeped out voice.
User avatar
ralphatron
Mini-Con
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:19 pm

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby Hypershock » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:59 pm

Motto: "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. Oh, and I may or may not have been to Coruscant once or twice. Recently. Possibly."
Weapon: Dual Solar Powererd Vibro Cannons
although i can see the validity of the insect idea, i dont thinnk its an insecticon. yes i see the antennae and the little pincer things, but then again other have had things on their faces and werent insects. i still say dreadwing.

Megatron Wolf wrote:i say Barricade

as far as barricade goes, here he is, so it cant be him

Image
Image
User avatar
Hypershock
Combiner
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:11 pm
Watch Hypershock on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:03 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
I saw this in the Hub about a week ago and I knew it had something to do with TF Prime, but I was uncertain.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4053
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby jcskid777 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:15 pm

Looks like it might be shockwave.
jcskid777
Mini-Con
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:45 pm

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby FanimusMaximus » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:21 pm

Motto: "It's not hard to knock 'em down, it's getting 'em to stay down that's the trick!"
Weapon: High-Velocity Sonic Blaster
Pinkie Pie, I swear it's the new decepticon is Pinkie Pie.
Image

Burn wrote: Spam. It's what powers the HMW part of the server.


Someone wrote:Meanwhile, Astrotrain told Fanimusmaximus to get godzillabot a nice new haircut.
User avatar
FanimusMaximus
Minibot
Posts: 177
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Naples,FL
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby blackout446 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:19 pm

Motto: "When you're shattered glass you never go back."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
the embed isn't working may someone please give me a link?
User avatar
blackout446
Mini-Con
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:54 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 4
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby Mkall » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:22 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
JBStuka wrote:I agree with the insect posts... Those mandibles and antenna really give that away. And as far as my earlier post about being all three Insecticons... I was basing it off of this shot...

Prime Insecticons 1.jpg


Red lines showing the standing locations and how they are overlapped with one another.

It felt like we were looking up at the (Bot or Bots) from below as they are leaning in together almost like a football huddle and looking down at us (camera). Then as the camera zoomed up towards them it was then fixed in on the just the center one.
I also went this route due to the lack of symmetry of the shapes and the lights on both sides of the central figure in the fog.

After watching it a few more times I am leaning more towards ONE larger bot like the rest of you... But I am definitely sticking to the insect idea.

I'm thinking those look kind of like bird wings.
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14079
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby TFIta369 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:34 pm

Motto: "What´s done can´t be undone"
Weapon: Pulse Missle Cannons
How do we even know this is a transformer?
Crashdown was here.
TFIta369
Mini-Con
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:04 pm
Location: Tyger Pax, Cybertron
Watch TFIta369 on YouTube
Buy from TFIta369 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby TFIta369 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:39 pm

Motto: "What´s done can´t be undone"
Weapon: Pulse Missle Cannons
tfita369 wrote:How do we even know this is a transformer?

Kinda reminds of the dreads :???:
Crashdown was here.
TFIta369
Mini-Con
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:04 pm
Location: Tyger Pax, Cybertron
Watch TFIta369 on YouTube
Buy from TFIta369 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby Hypershock » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:39 pm

Motto: "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. Oh, and I may or may not have been to Coruscant once or twice. Recently. Possibly."
Weapon: Dual Solar Powererd Vibro Cannons
tfita369 wrote:How do we even know this is a transformer?

Because this is a transformers show i think its safe to say that theres not any other things it could be lolz

plus, i think the big things on the side of the robot are arms :O large and possibly winglike yes, but arms nonetheless
Image
User avatar
Hypershock
Combiner
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:11 pm
Watch Hypershock on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby BATTOUSAIXD » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:45 pm

Motto: "Sine Metu"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
This guy is looking pretty cool I want to see more!
User avatar
BATTOUSAIXD
Combiner
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 9:15 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:49 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Can't be an Insecticon. They're Cybertronian animals in this universe. This is what they all look like:
Image

If anything, it's probably most likely Dreadwing, as he's the only major character reveal we've heard about (aside from Wheeljack returning) for season 2.

First-Aid wrote:If you stop the video around 0:41, you can see what appear to be two antennae on his head. Given those, and the shape of the shadows and crown of his head there is where I got Waspinator as an initial impression. :-? 8-}
Looking at it again. Now its head looks shape like the helmet of Beast Machines Megatron. :P

Volrathicus Baenimus wrote:The mandibles are pretty clear, maybe see the antenae. Could be an insecticon of some sort. If it is, wonder how he and Airachnid will get on :p
Nearly every Movie Decepticon had "mandibles" of some variety. These days, mandibles seem to be a sign of just "evil" rather than "bug". ;)

cannonfodder4000 wrote:He definitely looks nasty! I bet he kills someone. But yeah like, I hope he's not Dreadwind though, cause I'd like him to be more like G1 Dreadwind, even if Darkwing isn't there, don't know who this guy'd be though, I'll just wait and see cause really, I got nothin' :oops:, hopefully there'll be better pics later.
There is still a character coming in season 2 named "Dreadwing" regardless.

JBStuka wrote:And as far as my earlier post about being all three Insecticons... I was basing it off of this shot...

Prime Insecticons 1.jpg


Red lines showing the standing locations and how they are overlapped with one another.

It felt like we were looking up at the (Bot or Bots) from below as they are leaning in together almost like a football huddle and looking down at us (camera). Then as the camera zoomed up towards them it was then fixed in on the just the center one.
I also went this route due to the lack of symmetry of the shapes and the lights on both sides of the central figure in the fog.

After watching it a few more times I am leaning more towards ONE larger bot like the rest of you... But I am definitely sticking to the insect idea.
Those two objects to the sides of the middle object are the guy's huge arms. ;)

tfita369 wrote:How do we even know this is a transformer?
What, you think it's a GoBot? :lol:

There's no other show on the Hub that uses this kind of animation.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17387
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby Hypershock » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Motto: "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. Oh, and I may or may not have been to Coruscant once or twice. Recently. Possibly."
Weapon: Dual Solar Powererd Vibro Cannons
Volrathicus Baenimus wrote:The mandibles are pretty clear, maybe see the antenae. Could be an insecticon of some sort. If it is, wonder how he and Airachnid will get on :p
Nearly every Movie Decepticon had "mandibles" of some variety. These days, mandibles seem to be a sign of just "evil" rather than "bug". ;)

Exactly. :APPLAUSE:

[quote="Sabrblade"]Can't be an Insecticon. They're Cybertronian animals in this universe. This is what they all look like:
Image

If anything, it's probably most likely Dreadwing, as he's the only major character reveal we've heard about (aside from Wheeljack returning) for season 2.

ehh, its possible they could bring cliffjuper back in a flashback; plus theres a buncha new toys so it might be a saffe assumption that said characters will appear, especially ironhide since he's getting a cyberverse and a deluxe
Image
User avatar
Hypershock
Combiner
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:11 pm
Watch Hypershock on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby BeastWarsFTW » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:09 pm

Motto: "Never give up or lose hope."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
It is very plausible it is Dreadwing but I catch my self wondering if its not a transformer created by M.E.C.H. after they had captured Breakdown and looked inside him. Opinions?

P.S. I really hope its Waspinator I would blow a nut if it was. Seeing Waspinator getting trashed by Prime and the gang and Megz/Starscream would be so fun.
"Destiny has one great test in store for us all... has mine already come? And have I failed it?... A deed, once done, cannot be undone. But perhaps... it may yet be mitigated!"
-- Dinobot, "Code of Hero"

Image
User avatar
BeastWarsFTW
Minibot
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:42 pm
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby Hypershock » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:16 pm

Motto: "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. Oh, and I may or may not have been to Coruscant once or twice. Recently. Possibly."
Weapon: Dual Solar Powererd Vibro Cannons
BeastWarsFTW wrote:It is very plausible it is Dreadwing but I catch my self wondering if its not a transformer created by M.E.C.H. after they had captured Breakdown and looked inside him. Opinions?


Heyyyyyy thats not a bad theory :APPLAUSE:
Image
User avatar
Hypershock
Combiner
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:11 pm
Watch Hypershock on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby BeastWarsFTW » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:22 pm

Motto: "Never give up or lose hope."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Hypershock wrote:
BeastWarsFTW wrote:It is very plausible it is Dreadwing but I catch my self wondering if its not a transformer created by M.E.C.H. after they had captured Breakdown and looked inside him. Opinions?


Heyyyyyy thats not a bad theory :APPLAUSE:


If I remember correctly the old guy that leads M.E.C.H. made a comment about re-creating the transformer technology at the end of an episode I believe. Maybe even the same one where they looked inside Breakdown. So whose isn't to say he wont create an army of drones/transformers to rule the world or whatever gets him off?
"Destiny has one great test in store for us all... has mine already come? And have I failed it?... A deed, once done, cannot be undone. But perhaps... it may yet be mitigated!"
-- Dinobot, "Code of Hero"

Image
User avatar
BeastWarsFTW
Minibot
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:42 pm
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby TFIta369 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:23 pm

Motto: "What´s done can´t be undone"
Weapon: Pulse Missle Cannons
Hypershock wrote:
tfita369 wrote:How do we even know this is a transformer?

Because this is a transformers show i think its safe to say that theres not any other things it could be lolz

plus, i think the big things on the side of the robot are arms :O large and possibly winglike yes, but arms nonetheless

But I meant, this is just a HUB commercial, it could be some other show :???:
Crashdown was here.
TFIta369
Mini-Con
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:04 pm
Location: Tyger Pax, Cybertron
Watch TFIta369 on YouTube
Buy from TFIta369 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:44 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Hypershock wrote:ehh, its possible they could bring cliffjuper back in a flashback; plus theres a buncha new toys so it might be a saffe assumption that said characters will appear, especially ironhide since he's getting a cyberverse and a deluxe
When they announced and unveiled Ironhide, the spelled out that him getting a toy would not guarantee an appearance by him in the show. At least, not right away.

And Cliffjumper being in flashbacks wouldn't count as him "coming back".

Also, might wanna fix the coding on that post. ;)

BeastWarsFTW wrote:P.S. I really hope its Waspinator I would blow a nut if it was. Seeing Waspinator getting trashed by Prime and the gang and Megz/Starscream would be so fun.
Well, his appearance in Animated proves that he doesn't have to be the butt monkey who gets blown up all the time. In Animated, he was Nightmare Fuel mixed with a taste of Epicness and Bad-A-double-S-ness (I don't cuss).

tfita369 wrote:
Hypershock wrote:
tfita369 wrote:How do we even know this is a transformer?

Because this is a transformers show i think its safe to say that theres not any other things it could be lolz

plus, i think the big things on the side of the robot are arms :O large and possibly winglike yes, but arms nonetheless

But I meant, this is just a HUB commercial, it could be some other show :???:
Like I said before, there's no other show on the Hub besides TF: Prime that uses this kind of animation.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17387
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby First-Aid » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:27 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Am I mistaken that his eyes are actually gold, rather than the usual blue and red? I wonder if that has significance. Maybe a M.E.C.H. experiment gone wrong? That would be a very interesting and unique origin story for a new Bot or Con...
Scalpel...blood bucket...priest...next patient!

Would ye care fer a wee nip of scotch whiskey?

Yes I am a Cubs fan. You may pity me now.
First-Aid
City Commander
Posts: 3777
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:54 am
Location: A lone Bears household in CHeeseheadland...
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Postby BeastWarsFTW » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:26 am

Motto: "Never give up or lose hope."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
First-Aid wrote:Am I mistaken that his eyes are actually gold, rather than the usual blue and red? I wonder if that has significance. Maybe a M.E.C.H. experiment gone wrong? That would be a very interesting and unique origin story for a new Bot or Con...


That is very plausible that they created a transformer with a personality, aka not a drone, and they are not able to control it but you would think M.E.C.H would have been smart enough to put in fail safes when they built it so that it couldn't go rouge.
"Destiny has one great test in store for us all... has mine already come? And have I failed it?... A deed, once done, cannot be undone. But perhaps... it may yet be mitigated!"
-- Dinobot, "Code of Hero"

Image
User avatar
BeastWarsFTW
Minibot
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:42 pm
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014