Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby Noideaforaname » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:53 pm

Out of curiosity, how long have people been claiming current toys feel "cheap" (much less "KO cheap"). I swear I must've heard this every time a new line comes out, and I haven't even been here that long.

I'm still scratching my head as to why Hasbro has no plans at all for a mainline Breakdown. He's a fairly popular supporting character in a series that's nowhere near over. Cliffjumper's gotten 3 distinct molds and he literally only lived for 5 minutes.

Then again, the original Arcee never got a G1 toy and has yet to get a Classics-style update...
Image
Krazy 'bout Kreons: Customs ~ Photos ~ Art
My deviantART
User avatar
Noideaforaname
Gestalt
Posts: 2354
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm
Location: South Jersey

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby orangeitis » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:53 pm

Autobot032 wrote:Hasbro isn't releasing Breakdown here, so it's a moot point, really. And Hasbro's toys are getting thinner and cheaper in terms of quality. No reason to be tooting Hasbro's horn. I bought FOC Jazz today and it feels like junk.
Actually Hasbro DID release Breakdown here in the states... Cyberverse Breakdown. And if you're talking about the same mold, well we weren't.

And so what about FoC Jazz? He disappointed me too, but the Shockwave I bought with him didn't. It don't matter either way though, liking or disliking either is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

I just said that I hope Hasbro releases a better Breakdown mold. I know Hasbro said they aren't bringing that particular mold over here, but that's not what I want, I want a brand-new mold. And since Cyberverse Breakdown is out over here, you can't say we aren't getting a Breakdown at all.
orangeitis

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:23 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Wow. You surely do have an argumentative streak in you the size of Texas. Good grief.

orangeitis wrote:Actually Hasbro DID release Breakdown here in the states... Cyberverse Breakdown. And if you're talking about the same mold, well we weren't.


First of all, bringing up Cyberverse/Legends Breakdown is pointless. He's not the figure we're speaking of. We're talking about the Voyager. You know it, I know it, we all know it, now you're just reaching for the sake of doing so.

orangeitis wrote:And so what about FoC Jazz? He disappointed me too, but the Shockwave I bought with him didn't. It don't matter either way though, liking or disliking either is irrelevant to the topic at hand.


...irrelevant? If a figure breaks due to subpar construction and materials quality, it's going to lead to disliking the figure. Plenty of people, myself included, in this thread, like the figure. If we didn't like it, we wouldn't own it. If it wasn't relevant, there wouldn't be a justified complaint about the figure breaking. (If one doesn't give a damn, they're certainly not going to post a thread about the figure.)

orangeitis wrote:I just said that I hope Hasbro releases a better Breakdown mold. I know Hasbro said they aren't bringing that particular mold over here, but that's not what I want, I want a brand-new mold. And since Cyberverse Breakdown is out over here, you can't say we aren't getting a Breakdown at all.


Oh, for goodness sake. You're really going to go THAT far? "You can't say we don't, cuz we do. Even though it's not the figure we're talking about. Even though I'm bringing it up for no good reason. You still can't say it, because some form of him does exist. Etc, etc, etc..."

You know why I didn't mention the Cyberverse? I forgot it existed. The dang thing is so ridiculous, so small, such a letdown to the name Breakdown, it's completely forgotten. I didn't mention it because I truly and honestly forgot that it existed. That's how unimportant Hasbro's offering has been to me. TakaraTomy gave us the real deal figure, not some cheapass attempt.

So, yeah, I can say we're not getting a Breakdown at all. Some people like Cyberverse. Some people prefer the full sized figures. I'm one of the many who prefer the real deal. It's factual that Breakdown was released here as a Cyberverse. It's my opinion (and quite a few share it) that it's a pointless figure and therefore doesn't matter.

And you want a new Breakdown mold? Seriously? Until you've held the TakaraTomy figure in your hands, you can't make a fair judgment. Lemme tell ya, that figure is A+, F.E. quality, all the way. (Well, almost all the way. The plastic is too darn thin. But, aside from the plastic, the rest of him is Ah-Maze-Ing.)

You are welcome to your opinion, but remember that this is a public forum and when you voice your opinion for all to see, someone's going to respond. Whether it's positive or negative, they're going to respond. I personally don't agree with your opinion.

"So what about FoC Jazz?"

That's the kind of thinking that lets Hasbro get away with giving us crap. No matter how much of a fan you are, even you could be on the side that says "Okay, Hasbro. You've done it. I'm done. You suck." And if we keep letting them do this, if we say nothing, then that's the path we'll go down before it's all said and done.

When even TakaraTomy, well known for it's catering to the collector fan base, cuts corners and uses thinner plastic, well, that's a sign the times they are a-changin' and not for the better.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8955
News Credits: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby Cyber Bishop » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:25 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18625
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby orangeitis » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:17 am

That's all well and good, but please allow me to respond to him in a logical, rational way.
Autobot032 wrote:Wow. You surely do have an argumentative streak in you the size of Texas. Good grief.
Autobot032 wrote:
orangeitis wrote:Actually Hasbro DID release Breakdown here in the states... Cyberverse Breakdown. And if you're talking about the same mold, well we weren't.


First of all, bringing up Cyberverse/Legends Breakdown is pointless. He's not the figure we're speaking of. We're talking about the Voyager. You know it, I know it, we all know it, now you're just reaching for the sake of doing so.
It's your opinion that Cyberverse Breakdown is pointless. And you are talking about the existing Voyager. I was not. I want a new Voyager mold for Breakdown. One that don't break when he falls down.

Autobot032 wrote:
orangeitis wrote:And so what about FoC Jazz? He disappointed me too, but the Shockwave I bought with him didn't. It don't matter either way though, liking or disliking either is irrelevant to the topic at hand.


...irrelevant? If a figure breaks due to subpar construction and materials quality, it's going to lead to disliking the figure. Plenty of people, myself included, in this thread, like the figure. If we didn't like it, we wouldn't own it. If it wasn't relevant, there wouldn't be a justified complaint about the figure breaking. (If one doesn't give a damn, they're certainly not going to post a thread about the figure.)
Yes, it is irrelevant. This is about Breakdown, not Jazz.

Autobot032 wrote:
orangeitis wrote:I just said that I hope Hasbro releases a better Breakdown mold. I know Hasbro said they aren't bringing that particular mold over here, but that's not what I want, I want a brand-new mold. And since Cyberverse Breakdown is out over here, you can't say we aren't getting a Breakdown at all.


Oh, for goodness sake. You're really going to go THAT far? "You can't say we don't, cuz we do. Even though it's not the figure we're talking about. Even though I'm bringing it up for no good reason. You still can't say it, because some form of him does exist. Etc, etc, etc..."

You know why I didn't mention the Cyberverse? I forgot it existed. The dang thing is so ridiculous, so small, such a letdown to the name Breakdown, it's completely forgotten. I didn't mention it because I truly and honestly forgot that it existed. That's how unimportant Hasbro's offering has been to me. TakaraTomy gave us the real deal figure, not some cheapass attempt.
It's irrelevant that your forgot that the Cyberverse version of Breakdown existed, and it is merely your opinion that "Hasbro's offering" is unimportant, or that "TakaraTomy gave us the real deal figure, not some cheapass attempt.". You're welcome to your opinion about it, but your opinion holds no weight when presented to someone else in an argument.

Autobot032 wrote:So, yeah, I can say we're not getting a Breakdown at all. Some people like Cyberverse. Some people prefer the full sized figures. I'm one of the many who prefer the real deal. It's factual that Breakdown was released here as a Cyberverse. It's my opinion (and quite a few share it) that it's a pointless figure and therefore doesn't matter.
Okay, technically you CAN say it, but it would be wrong. And about your opinion, see above.

Autobot032 wrote:And you want a new Breakdown mold? Seriously? Until you've held the TakaraTomy figure in your hands, you can't make a fair judgment. Lemme tell ya, that figure is A+, F.E. quality, all the way. (Well, almost all the way. The plastic is too darn thin. But, aside from the plastic, the rest of him is Ah-Maze-Ing.)
Yes, I can judge the toy without holding it in my hands if enough evidence suggests that I would dislike it. And several cases of it breaking, and even more of it being brittle makes me dislike it.

Autobot032 wrote:You are welcome to your opinion, but remember that this is a public forum and when you voice your opinion for all to see, someone's going to respond. Whether it's positive or negative, they're going to respond. I personally don't agree with your opinion.
Same to you. If you quote me implying that your opinion takes precedent over mine, I'm gonna have to respond telling you that it doesn't.

Autobot032 wrote:"So what about FoC Jazz?"

That's the kind of thinking that lets Hasbro get away with giving us crap. No matter how much of a fan you are, even you could be on the side that says "Okay, Hasbro. You've done it. I'm done. You suck." And if we keep letting them do this, if we say nothing, then that's the path we'll go down before it's all said and done.

When even TakaraTomy, well known for it's catering to the collector fan base, cuts corners and uses thinner plastic, well, that's a sign the times they are a-changin' and not for the better.
But I don't share your opinion that Hasbro sucks, so why would I do that?

I'm sorry, but even if you have such a strong hatred of what Hasbro's doing to you, that don't mean that everyone else is in the same boat as well.

I'll say it again. I'd prefer it if Hasbro released a new Voyager mold for Breakdown. That would be spiffy. >:oP
orangeitis

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby Gearslide » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:26 am

Goodness. All I wanted to point out is that this particular mold wouldn't be suitable in an American market, and that I understood Hasbro's reasons for not bringing it over! This wasn't supposed to be a Hasbro bashing thread or anything.

Based on my experience with the figure, I strongly feel that Hasbro won't ever release it or any iteration of it in this market. It's just too fragile for the rough-housing a lot of kids will do with it. MAYBE if Hasbro beefed up the plastic on it, it could pass as a First Edition (or equivalent) figure.

I do think, however, that Hasbro will release their own mold. Considering that the Prime series isn't a filler line, like Fall of Cybertron, I'm sure Hasbro will take designing a Breakdown figure seriously.
Gearslide
Fuzor
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby njb902 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:44 am

the engineering of the toy is great, it's just the darn plastic. I even like his micron, can't say the same for the rest of the takara line. so beef up the plastic and get us one stateside I can trust my neice to play with.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby freaky777 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:59 am

I can't really tell if it is too fragile or not; guess I'm not too good with this kind of stuffs.

But thanks for the heads up, I will put my breakdown at a more safer place.
User avatar
freaky777
Pretender
Posts: 798
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:20 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby Gearslide » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:38 am

njb902 wrote:the engineering of the toy is great, it's just the darn plastic. I even like his micron, can't say the same for the rest of the takara line. so beef up the plastic and get us one stateside I can trust my neice to play with.


I LOVE Zamu. I thought Bulo (with Skywarp) was okay, and Jida (Terrorcon Cliffjumper) was great, but the assembly of Zamu impressed me. Heck, I even liked applying the stickers on him! And ironically, Zamu feels more sturdy to me than Breakdown himself!

The only issue with the Arms Microns are the darn hinges that they use! They have these octagonal rods as the basis for the hinge, and rely solely on friction to maintain a pose. I'm terrified to transform any of my Arms Microns, since I've seen how weak the rods can be with my original Bulo.
Gearslide
Fuzor
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby Cyber Bishop » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:42 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
orangeitis wrote:it is merely your opinion that "Hasbro's offering" is unimportant, or that "TakaraTomy gave us the real deal figure, not some cheapass attempt.". You're welcome to your opinion about it, but your opinion holds no weight when presented to someone else in an argument.



Uh his opinion is not wrong, it is his opinion. Plz read the post I made about opinions..

I am tired of PM's complaints about you..
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18625
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby orangeitis » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:17 am

Cyber Bishop wrote:
orangeitis wrote:it is merely your opinion that "Hasbro's offering" is unimportant, or that "TakaraTomy gave us the real deal figure, not some cheapass attempt.". You're welcome to your opinion about it, but your opinion holds no weight when presented to someone else in an argument.
Uh his opinion is not wrong, it is his opinion. Plz read the post I made about opinions..
I didn't say his opinion was wrong at all, especially in the section you've quoted.

Cyber Bishop wrote:I am tired of PM's complaints about you..
And with all due respect Mr. admin, I'm tired of hearing about them when I'm apparently not doing anything wrong. If I did do something that you deem wrong, then just cast the mod hammer at me and get it over with. If I haven't done anything wrong, then maybe you should look toward those frivolous PMs you're getting, rather than me.

I was being as kind and respectful to my fellow posters as I possibly could in this thread, while being as rational and logical on the topic as possible. If you're gonna call me out for the PMs you've been getting, please specify what they're aimed at and exactly what I've been doing wrong so this can be peacefully resolved. I'll be happy to explain myself or edit my posts of whatever content you wish, but I can't do anything when you point something out that I just didn't do, such as me claiming that another poster's opinion is "wrong".
orangeitis

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby Cyber Bishop » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:05 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Mr. orangeitis I replied to your PM (and was hit with a few telling me what you posted here)... And since you blurted this out in public then I will blurt this out, You need to respect others opinions instead of constantly arguing and making others feel that your opinion is the only one that matters.

Last warning.
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18625
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby Gearslide » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:24 am

C'mon, really? All this arguing over a toy? There will always be anomalies with designs. Sometimes Hasbro does a better job than Takara (Paint vs. Stickers) and sometimes Takara does a better job than Hasbro (Exclusives vs. Retail). You can't just slap a label on a company because a few figures irk you.
Gearslide
Fuzor
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby DevastaTTor » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:28 am

Autobot032 wrote:
orangeitis wrote:
PrimeStriker wrote:
orangeitis wrote:Hope Hasbro makes a better mold of him in the future. That sounds horrifying.


.....Have you not seen what Hasbro does to molds already made? Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Bulkhead, Starscream, and (opinion may differ here) Cliffjumper all suffer from being worse than their original molds. Hasbro is more than likely to screw it up than fix it.
First of all, opinion may differ on all of them, not just ol' CJ there. Second, the FEs are originally Hasbro's too. And what else is Hasbro's? CHUGs, the figures from the movie trilogy, the Animated line... their track record is just as good as it is bad IMO. I don't see how there's more of a chance of Hasbro making a crappier figure.


Hasbro isn't releasing Breakdown here, so it's a moot point, really. And Hasbro's toys are getting thinner and cheaper in terms of quality. No reason to be tooting Hasbro's horn. I bought FOC Jazz today and it feels like junk.

I wonder if Hasbro/TT is going to reserve the good plastic for MP figures from now on, leaving the standard releases lighter and more fragile. The issue with figures getting smaller is a problem across the board.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
User avatar
DevastaTTor
City Commander
Posts: 3062
News Credits: 39
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:21 am
Location: GA, USA

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby orangeitis » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:20 pm

Cyber Bishop wrote:Mr. orangeitis I replied to your PM (and was hit with a few telling me what you posted here)... And since you blurted this out in public then I will blurt this out, You need to respect others opinions instead of constantly arguing and making others feel that your opinion is the only one that matters.

Last warning.
And I just PMed you back. I clearly explained that have never ever asserted that only my opinion matters, and I have never ever argued with subjective opinion over objective facts. It is my principle as a rationalist and a skeptic to argue with only facts, try to help others when I feel that they aren't, and correct my arguments when I am found to be wrong.

If you, or my peers have something wrong with my 'opinion' that facts take precedence over opinions in arguments, then I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna be bullied into changing what I post. >:oP
orangeitis

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby njb902 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:30 pm

DevastaTTor wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
orangeitis wrote:
PrimeStriker wrote:
orangeitis wrote:Hope Hasbro makes a better mold of him in the future. That sounds horrifying.


.....Have you not seen what Hasbro does to molds already made? Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Bulkhead, Starscream, and (opinion may differ here) Cliffjumper all suffer from being worse than their original molds. Hasbro is more than likely to screw it up than fix it.
First of all, opinion may differ on all of them, not just ol' CJ there. Second, the FEs are originally Hasbro's too. And what else is Hasbro's? CHUGs, the figures from the movie trilogy, the Animated line... their track record is just as good as it is bad IMO. I don't see how there's more of a chance of Hasbro making a crappier figure.


Hasbro isn't releasing Breakdown here, so it's a moot point, really. And Hasbro's toys are getting thinner and cheaper in terms of quality. No reason to be tooting Hasbro's horn. I bought FOC Jazz today and it feels like junk.

I wonder if Hasbro/TT is going to reserve the good plastic for MP figures from now on, leaving the standard releases lighter and more fragile. The issue with figures getting smaller is a problem across the board.


It's to early to jump to any conclusions, though it is a distressing trend. time will tell I supose.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Gearslide wrote:Goodness. All I wanted to point out is that this particular mold wouldn't be suitable in an American market, and that I understood Hasbro's reasons for not bringing it over! This wasn't supposed to be a Hasbro bashing thread or anything.

Based on my experience with the figure, I strongly feel that Hasbro won't ever release it or any iteration of it in this market. It's just too fragile for the rough-housing a lot of kids will do with it. MAYBE if Hasbro beefed up the plastic on it, it could pass as a First Edition (or equivalent) figure.

I do think, however, that Hasbro will release their own mold. Considering that the Prime series isn't a filler line, like Fall of Cybertron, I'm sure Hasbro will take designing a Breakdown figure seriously.


I would like to sincerely apologize to you, Gearslide. It was never my intention to have this derail as it has. I was only trying to make a point and I had no idea it would be taken so far out of line. I'm not bashing Hasbro, by the way. It was not my intention. Airing grievances, was.

I would hope they wouldn't change the mold, just the plastic, but if they do, I hope you're right. Hasbro's done it before, they could do it again.

DevastaTTor wrote:I wonder if Hasbro/TT is going to reserve the good plastic for MP figures from now on, leaving the standard releases lighter and more fragile. The issue with figures getting smaller is a problem across the board.


Indeed, it is a problem. A worrisome one, at that. But I'd say not even the good plastic goes to the Masterpieces. Rodimus had arms break off, literally "just because". They just snapped, while on display. No user interaction required. That's some weak ass plastic, right there. Because the TT version has the same thickness of plastic, the same mold and their's didn't break. That tells me Hasbro is using a much cheaper quality plastic.

njb902 wrote:It's to early to jump to any conclusions, though it is a distressing trend. time will tell I supose.


Fair point, but I will say that with the increase of complaints and increase of proof of this, it's fair to say that it's a logical conclusion to jump to.

Thinner, smaller, lighter, less metal, all across the board. That's scary. It's one thing when it's one line, but now it's looking like all of them are becoming the same thing. And when TakaraTomy does the same thing, that's even worse.

I've seen thicker and more sturdy plastic in disposable utensils. (No, I'm not kidding.)

If you hold Breakdown up to a light, and open his inner leg panel, you can see light through it quite well. Almost lightpipe worthy. That's some thin plastic. I held my Giant Mixmaster up to the light, not a single bleed through. Nothing.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8955
News Credits: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby PrymeStriker » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:34 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Well, then. It seems once an argument is over, the thread really dies, so, I'll leave it alone after I say this:

I bought Takara's Breakdown because I know the Hasbro one is going to suck, with the Powerizer gimmicks, and the unnecessary translucent plastic everywhere. That's why I have no faith Hasbro will make a better Breakdown.

And, I guess that's /thread, unless anyone else has anything to add :)
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5436
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby xyl360 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:30 pm

Right out of the packaging, one of the leg panels that's supposed to rotate and fold around to form the leg panel was detached. I popped it back on easily enough, but those panels are pretty loose. They're plugged on in a similar fashion to Knockout's wheels. I'll just have to be careful when transforming him not to get to rough with those parts to avoid popping them off again.

Overall, I'm pleased with the figure so I'm glad I got it.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3005
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:23 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
xyl360 wrote:Right out of the packaging, one of the leg panels that's supposed to rotate and fold around to form the leg panel was detached. I popped it back on easily enough, but those panels are pretty loose. They're plugged on in a similar fashion to Knockout's wheels. I'll just have to be careful when transforming him not to get to rough with those parts to avoid popping them off again.

Overall, I'm pleased with the figure so I'm glad I got it.


Ha-ha, my Breakdown's leg panels are like that too, but they didn't pop off until I transformed him a few times. Hasn't done that since, as I'm more careful when I transform them. But damn, they are loosey-goosey!
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5436
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby Gearslide » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:47 am

Wow, this thread is doing a better job at staying alive than Breakdown did!

Image

But anyways, for those of you with the Breakdown toy, did anyone place the Decepticon faction stickers on his door like the instructions call for? Because I did not, since they are not there in the show.
Gearslide
Fuzor
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby gavinfuzzy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:10 am

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
DevastaTTor wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
orangeitis wrote:
PrimeStriker wrote:
orangeitis wrote:Hope Hasbro makes a better mold of him in the future. That sounds horrifying.


.....Have you not seen what Hasbro does to molds already made? Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Bulkhead, Starscream, and (opinion may differ here) Cliffjumper all suffer from being worse than their original molds. Hasbro is more than likely to screw it up than fix it.
First of all, opinion may differ on all of them, not just ol' CJ there. Second, the FEs are originally Hasbro's too. And what else is Hasbro's? CHUGs, the figures from the movie trilogy, the Animated line... their track record is just as good as it is bad IMO. I don't see how there's more of a chance of Hasbro making a crappier figure.


Hasbro isn't releasing Breakdown here, so it's a moot point, really. And Hasbro's toys are getting thinner and cheaper in terms of quality. No reason to be tooting Hasbro's horn. I bought FOC Jazz today and it feels like junk.

I wonder if Hasbro/TT is going to reserve the good plastic for MP figures from now on, leaving the standard releases lighter and more fragile. The issue with figures getting smaller is a problem across the board.


I can imagine my Hasbro optimus's arm popping off like Rodimus... hmm... :BANG_HEAD:
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
User avatar
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
Posts: 1847
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 pm
Location: Singapore
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby xyl360 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:26 am

Gearslide wrote:Wow, this thread is doing a better job at staying alive than Breakdown did!

Image

But anyways, for those of you with the Breakdown toy, did anyone place the Decepticon faction stickers on his door like the instructions call for? Because I did not, since they are not there in the show.

I didn't put any stickers on him yet. I don't like most of them, those bright chrome stickers just don't fit in with his drab looks on the show so I think I might leave him as is or paint him a bit.

I'm displaying him in bot mode, so compared to the show, even without stickers, he looks pretty accurate. In fact, he's one of the most show-accurate characters I've seen from the line so far (Hasbro or Takara). He looks great standing next to Takara FE Bulkhead. I just have to be careful that they don't try to kill each other as I doubt I'd be able to easily replace either of them given how popular those two partiular figures are :P.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3005
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby Gearslide » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:42 am

xyl360 wrote:
Gearslide wrote:Wow, this thread is doing a better job at staying alive than Breakdown did!

Image

But anyways, for those of you with the Breakdown toy, did anyone place the Decepticon faction stickers on his door like the instructions call for? Because I did not, since they are not there in the show.

I didn't put any stickers on him yet. I don't like most of them, those bright chrome stickers just don't fit in with his drab looks on the show so I think I might leave him as is or paint him a bit.

I'm displaying him in bot mode, so compared to the show, even without stickers, he looks pretty accurate. In fact, he's one of the most show-accurate characters I've seen from the line so far (Hasbro or Takara). He looks great standing next to Takara FE Bulkhead. I just have to be careful that they don't try to kill each other as I doubt I'd be able to easily replace either of them given how popular those two partiular figures are :P.


Well, as far show accuracy goes, the important stickers are the bumper sticker (like, the entire bumper is one massive sticker), his kneecaps (the silver pieces, the black aren't that important), his waist-lights, his headlights, and those red and blue strips that go over the rear wheel plates.
Gearslide
Fuzor
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Re: I can definitely see why Breakdown didn't make it state side...

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:06 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Gearslide wrote:
xyl360 wrote:
Gearslide wrote:Wow, this thread is doing a better job at staying alive than Breakdown did!

Image

But anyways, for those of you with the Breakdown toy, did anyone place the Decepticon faction stickers on his door like the instructions call for? Because I did not, since they are not there in the show.

I didn't put any stickers on him yet. I don't like most of them, those bright chrome stickers just don't fit in with his drab looks on the show so I think I might leave him as is or paint him a bit.

I'm displaying him in bot mode, so compared to the show, even without stickers, he looks pretty accurate. In fact, he's one of the most show-accurate characters I've seen from the line so far (Hasbro or Takara). He looks great standing next to Takara FE Bulkhead. I just have to be careful that they don't try to kill each other as I doubt I'd be able to easily replace either of them given how popular those two partiular figures are :P.


Well, as far show accuracy goes, the important stickers are the bumper sticker (like, the entire bumper is one massive sticker), his kneecaps (the silver pieces, the black aren't that important), his waist-lights, his headlights, and those red and blue strips that go over the rear wheel plates.


I put them all on, including the extra two :CON: logos (I put them on his shoulders). I don't care how some stickers make him a little bit inaccurate, he's still boss either way.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5436
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014