Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

I finally got a next Gen system

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

I finally got a next Gen system

Postby vulgar_wraith » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:51 pm

I been holding off on buying the next video game sysytem for a while.Originally I was planning on getting a PS3 but with its hefty price tag I waited a bit.Then my brother moved across country and I lost my second player.We have a few friends that have a Xbox 360 scattered across the county and few of them showed us the Xbox.Mostly the online gaming part which I didnt know much about.After seeing it a few times we both agreed that what we were getting.Only reason why was so we can play online and chat with each other.I said I would be the guinea pig and got mine first he will be getting his in next week or too.I picked up the Xbox Elite package today from TRU i was going to get the Transformers game they had it buy one game get one free(only on 5 selected games) but it was sold out.I ended up with Gears of War and 99 nights.I haven't hooked up to the net yet I'll probably do that tomorrow but that Gears of War game is impressive.I would like to find a online multi player game thats RPG based but really haven't seen any yet I like.
User avatar
vulgar_wraith
Headmaster
Posts: 1043
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:05 pm

Postby Andore92 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:32 am

Theres the PSO game that was released sometime ago, only problem is its an extra 10 bucks on top of your XBL subscrition fee. Then there is the Hit or Miss FFXI. Huxley comes out in September, and its an MMORPGF/TPS(Massively Multiplayer Role Playing First/Third Person Shooter. Age of Conan comes out in February, and its Conan, so I have a strong feeling it has a hint of fantasy in it. And if it ever gets out of the Idea phase, WoW will come to consoles. If you want a big community to play with, than download some XBLA games like Catan, Carcasonne, Uno etc.
Andore92
Micromaster
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 4:54 pm

Postby Sonray » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:35 pm

gears is amazing, 99 nights sucks.
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby Andore92 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:45 pm

N3 is okay, since its like a Dynasty warriors game, its still playable and not broken, there not much there though
Andore92
Micromaster
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 4:54 pm

Postby Sonray » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:49 pm

Andore92 wrote:N3 is okay, since its like a Dynasty warriors game, its still playable and not broken, there not much there though


Ya would have been better off with The Darkness or PGR3 or Dead Rising, or if you had to have an RPG, Kameo is a far surperior game to 99 nights.
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby Andore92 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:09 pm

I dont think Kameo is classified as an RPG, if you want a good RPG for the system get Oblivion, and/or wait for Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata
Andore92
Micromaster
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 4:54 pm

Postby Sonray » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:01 am

Andore92 wrote:I dont think Kameo is classified as an RPG, if you want a good RPG for the system get Oblivion, and/or wait for Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata


Oh yeah i forgot about oblivion. Im pretty sure Kameo is classed as an rpg though...
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby Andore92 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:17 pm

Eh, what do I care I dont plan on owning, especialy a game that gives out 0pt achievements(not that Achievements are my life like my friend, who's had his Xbox the same time as me with twice my gamerscore), what a joke
Andore92
Micromaster
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 4:54 pm

Postby Sonray » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:05 am

Andore92 wrote:Eh, what do I care I dont plan on owning, especialy a game that gives out 0pt achievements(not that Achievements are my life like my friend, who's had his Xbox the same time as me with twice my gamerscore), what a joke


Opt achievements? How are they different from normal ones?
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby TheMuffin » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:36 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Congrats man. When you get Live set up be sure to post your gamertag in the thread I created.
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
Site Moderator
Posts: 11042
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Andore92 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:08 am

Sonray wrote:
Andore92 wrote:Eh, what do I care I dont plan on owning, especialy a game that gives out 0pt achievements(not that Achievements are my life like my friend, who's had his Xbox the same time as me with twice my gamerscore), what a joke


Opt achievements? How are they different from normal ones?

They give you 0 points when you get them
Andore92
Micromaster
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 4:54 pm

Postby Sonray » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:50 am

Andore92 wrote:
Sonray wrote:
Andore92 wrote:Eh, what do I care I dont plan on owning, especialy a game that gives out 0pt achievements(not that Achievements are my life like my friend, who's had his Xbox the same time as me with twice my gamerscore), what a joke


Opt achievements? How are they different from normal ones?

They give you 0 points when you get them


Ohhh, stingy-ness.
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm


Return to Video Games Forum