Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

I just watched RoTF for the 1st time in a year...

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: I just watched RoTF for the 1st time in a year...

Postby TulioDude » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:12 am

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Capt.Failure wrote:
MasterSoundBlaster wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
TulioDude wrote:I think RoTF is a great film,this just show how people's opinions can be different.
The only thing i remnber not liking was Wheelie'leg humping.
Jetfire in that film is full of win.
I dont think the twins are offensive.


And i love all Star Wars movies.


I agree with this post. :michaelbay:

I too also share the same opinion on the quoted post.

Honestly what I think it truly boils down to is how YOU liked the film. I liked it overall,just alot points bugged me. But I'm not gonna start another Great Cybertronian War over who liked what movie and why,it's just ridiculous.


The problem is today that individual likes and opinions need to be justified for some reason. It's not enough you like something, you need to prove why it's worth liking. That or you get a passive aggressive response such as, "Well if you enjoy having bad taste that's perfectly alright."

Shows how we've devolved as a society if we can't discuss our personal preferences without fear of being insulted.

Well we are discussing peacifully here,sp its okay. :D
Image
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1265
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 6:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: I just watched RoTF for the 1st time in a year...

Postby Capt.Failure » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:40 pm

TulioDude wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
MasterSoundBlaster wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
TulioDude wrote:I think RoTF is a great film,this just show how people's opinions can be different.
The only thing i remnber not liking was Wheelie'leg humping.
Jetfire in that film is full of win.
I dont think the twins are offensive.


And i love all Star Wars movies.


I agree with this post. :michaelbay:

I too also share the same opinion on the quoted post.

Honestly what I think it truly boils down to is how YOU liked the film. I liked it overall,just alot points bugged me. But I'm not gonna start another Great Cybertronian War over who liked what movie and why,it's just ridiculous.


The problem is today that individual likes and opinions need to be justified for some reason. It's not enough you like something, you need to prove why it's worth liking. That or you get a passive aggressive response such as, "Well if you enjoy having bad taste that's perfectly alright."

Shows how we've devolved as a society if we can't discuss our personal preferences without fear of being insulted.

Well we are discussing peacifully here,sp its okay. :D


I know. It's refreshing. :ic$:
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: I just watched RoTF for the 1st time in a year...

Postby RhA » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:30 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Capt.Failure wrote:
TulioDude wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
MasterSoundBlaster wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
TulioDude wrote:I think RoTF is a great film,this just show how people's opinions can be different.
The only thing i remnber not liking was Wheelie'leg humping.
Jetfire in that film is full of win.
I dont think the twins are offensive.


And i love all Star Wars movies.


I agree with this post. :michaelbay:

I too also share the same opinion on the quoted post.

Honestly what I think it truly boils down to is how YOU liked the film. I liked it overall,just alot points bugged me. But I'm not gonna start another Great Cybertronian War over who liked what movie and why,it's just ridiculous.


The problem is today that individual likes and opinions need to be justified for some reason. It's not enough you like something, you need to prove why it's worth liking. That or you get a passive aggressive response such as, "Well if you enjoy having bad taste that's perfectly alright."

Shows how we've devolved as a society if we can't discuss our personal preferences without fear of being insulted.

Well we are discussing peacifully here,sp its okay. :D


I know. It's refreshing. :ic$:


It's nuts!
Image
Latest TF: AOE Voyager Grimlock, AOE Leader Optimus Prime & AOE Crosshairs
User avatar
RhA
City Commander
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Underwhere
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: I just watched RoTF for the 1st time in a year...

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:34 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
What gets me about the amount of crap that ROTF gets is that it had everything everyone asked for: More robots, more action, more adventure, a more complicated story, more personalities in the robots, and ROTF had all of that. The TFs in ROTF had more character than they did in the first movie and DOTM combined. People asked, Bay listened, and they still complained.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
City Commander
Posts: 3919
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: I just watched RoTF for the 1st time in a year...

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:12 am

Motto: "There are way too many people on this planet. We need a new plague."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
SlyTF1 wrote:The TFs in ROTF had more character than they did in the first movie and DOTM combined.


I disagree. There was nothing in RoTF that furthered the personalities of the bots that already appeared in the first film, except for Optimus Prime and Megatron. Bumblebee was the same, as was Starscream. Ironhide and Ratchet were given even less to do, the Twins did have personality, but they were new, as was The Fallen and Jetfire (and he was the biggest waste of screen time in the trilogy, save for his death). These were the characters that were prominent. I'm not even mentioning Sideswipe, Sideways, Grindor, and Devastator. Soundwave and Ravage were relevant for about 5 or 6 minutes. Oh, and Wheelie. I liked him in both sequels.

In DotM, Sentinel was a much better main villain than The Fallen or Megatron were in RoTF. Starscream was the same sniveling little bitch and died as such, and Ratchet was also terribly misused. They actually got some emotional use out of Ironhide, even if they had to kill him to do it. As for all the others in DotM? It was a crime how misused Shockwave was. Soundwave and Laserbeak were actually a little developed as opposed to Soundwave and Ravage. Megatron? He was the only one whose character diminished from RoTF, but even that can be attributed to his gradual decline physically and mentally throughout the trilogy, which was the right thing for his character arc.

And Bay cannot and should not be blamed for the lack of character development. All that is on the heads of Orci and Kurtzman. Hacks. That's why I'm happy with Ehren Kruger coming back for TF4. He did a good job with DotM, even with the development deficiencies of Shockwave and Ratchet, among others.
............Image
..............................Rule 32: "You've got to enjoy the little things."
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15326
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Western Kentucky

Re: I just watched RoTF for the 1st time in a year...

Postby Capt.Failure » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:06 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:The TFs in ROTF had more character than they did in the first movie and DOTM combined.


And Bay cannot and should not be blamed for the lack of character development. All that is on the heads of Orci and Kurtzman. Hacks. That's why I'm happy with Ehren Kruger coming back for TF4. He did a good job with DotM, even with the development deficiencies of Shockwave and Ratchet, among others.


I blame Shockwave on the Hasbro executives. They wanted him to be the red herring villain during production when in the actual movie his role was at best minor. He should have got more development in the film, sure, but why he didn't lies on their decisions.

I agree though. With Kruger in charge of writing now and rumors of a time skip between films there's a chance for better character development. Orci and Kurtzman were the rot festering in the films, not it's director, and the rot has been cut out.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: I just watched RoTF for the 1st time in a year...

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue May 01, 2012 2:48 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
I watched ROTF again yesterday. I just want to say...every time I watch that movie, I like it more and more.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
City Commander
Posts: 3919
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Previous

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014