I need help remembering a game

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

I need help remembering a game

Postby Shadowman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:11 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
All right, this is a tricky one, what with faded memory and all but I'll give you what I have.

It was a bit like Star Fox, especially in terms of graphics, though I don't recall ever flying into space. It also wasn't, near as I can remember, linear, and you had the ability to fly where you wanted. There was one part, a boss fight, I think, that took place in a large, circular room, with the boss in the center. (A lot like the final boss in Star Fox Assault, thought certainly not that game) I also remember flying over a lot of grasslands, maybe with some hills or small mountains. I also recall a part where you have to (Like Star Fox 64, but, again, not that game) nose-dive into a silo-like hole in the ground.

Also, I'm 99% sure it's not Descent.

I know, it's really vague, and not a whole lot to go on. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if not, well, that's fine too.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29953
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: I need help remembering a game

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:09 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Mentioning the system you played it on would help narrow it down. Sounds like it was for the PC or a Nintendo console.

Are you sure it wasn't the canceled Star Fox 2? The game was largely finished and the ROM is floating around, all patched up by fans and fully playable.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17161
News Credits: 22
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: I need help remembering a game

Postby Shadowman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:58 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Mentioning the system you played it on would help narrow it down. Sounds like it was for the PC or a Nintendo console.

Are you sure it wasn't the canceled Star Fox 2? The game was largely finished and the ROM is floating around, all patched up by fans and fully playable.


Oh, right, seems like an important detail. It was on PC.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29953
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: I need help remembering a game

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:17 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Shadowman wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Mentioning the system you played it on would help narrow it down. Sounds like it was for the PC or a Nintendo console.

Are you sure it wasn't the canceled Star Fox 2? The game was largely finished and the ROM is floating around, all patched up by fans and fully playable.


Oh, right, seems like an important detail. It was on PC.


Right, digging right now. And I may have the game you're looking for: Terminal Velocity from 1995, not too far from the original Star Fox. Here's a link:

Terminal Velocity on Moby Games

A game using the same engine is Fury³:

Fury³ on Moby Games
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17161
News Credits: 22
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: I need help remembering a game

Postby Shadowman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:36 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Right, digging right now. And I may have the game you're looking for: Terminal Velocity from 1995, not too far from the original Star Fox. Here's a link:

Terminal Velocity on Moby Games


Aha! I think that's it! Thanks very much!
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29953
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: I need help remembering a game

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Shadowman wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Right, digging right now. And I may have the game you're looking for: Terminal Velocity from 1995, not too far from the original Star Fox. Here's a link:

Terminal Velocity on Moby Games


Aha! I think that's it! Thanks very much!


Any time :PEACE: 3D Realms still sells the game by download, alternatively you can try and find the shareware episode.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17161
News Credits: 22
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5


Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers WST Justitoys G1 BLASTER Communications Liason New Sealed Box - Time Remaining: 6 days 51 minutes 12 seconds
NEW Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 BUMBLEBEE + SPIKE EXCEL SUITE KO IN STOCK - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 41 minutes 20 seconds
TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED RODIMUS MINOR AND G1 CLASSIC/GENERATIONS HOT ROD - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 58 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers 2007 Movie Starscream Barrel Roll Blaster play set new mib - Time Remaining: 5 days 12 hours 28 minutes 39 seconds
NEW Transformers Masterpiece MP-18s SilverStreak Figure KO IN STOCK - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 13 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Robots in Disguise 1-Step Changers Thunderhoof Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 43 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Hero Mashers Dinobot Slug New Figure! Hasbro A8399 Brand New In Box - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 25 minutes 36 seconds
KUP~ Complete~ REAL NICE~ G1 TRANSFORMERS~ ALL ORIGINAL~ C-9+ - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 17 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents
Twincast / Podcast #146:
"Happy Accidents"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, June 14th, 2016