If Megatron returns in TF4...

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

If Megatron returns in TF4...

Postby Transformers Fanatic » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:54 pm

Will Hugo Weaving return to do his voice?
I kinda doubt it after the little feud he & Bay had. If he does I'd be okay with it, but I personally want someone different voicing him that actually wants to do the character and isn't just taking a paycheck (Like Weaving said he was)

What do you think? :???:
Transformers Fanatic
Fuzor
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:25 am

Re: If Megatron returns in TF4...

Postby TurboMMaster » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:24 am

Motto: ""Have a hig gun? Have a big fun!!!""
Weapon: Cyclone Gun
I think that Megatron should return in Transformers 4, this time voiced by David Kaye (Witch is still for me the best choice for character that supposed to be a charismatic bully). However I don't like idea od ressurecting him AGAIN. Since DotM ending was a complete disaster, a Retcon seems to be a only right way. Since it's hard to belive that after he's lame death anyone take him seriously in TF4. And don't forget: Megatron is a Trademark, Hasbro just can't ignore one of the most popular Icon's of the Franchise.
Image
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, Don't hurt me, no more.
User avatar
TurboMMaster
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:12 am
Watch TurboMMaster on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: If Megatron returns in TF4...

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:17 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Personally, I'd prefer it if he didn't return. He's gone from bad to worse from ROTF onwards. It's just sad to see a character who was once the epitome of power and intimidation kneeling (to The Fallen) and being handed such an undignified death in DOTM (an otherwise great TF movie if not for the ending).
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2885
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: If Megatron returns in TF4...

Postby SlyTF1 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:53 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:Personally, I'd prefer it if he didn't return. He's gone from bad to worse from ROTF onwards. It's just sad to see a character who was once the epitome of power and intimidation kneeling (to The Fallen) and being handed such an undignified death in DOTM (an otherwise great TF movie if not for the ending).


Megatron was never the epitome of power.
I Am.
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4610
News Credits: 23
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:34 am
Location: The Kingdom of Heaven
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: If Megatron returns in TF4...

Postby Tyrannacon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:41 pm

Motto: "'Til all are gone!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I'd like a return, but I'd prefer he was given something to do more so than being someone's "right hand" like he turned into for The Fallen and Sentinel in some ways. If he comes back, he needs to be made the big bad again and not just completely killed off for the sake of having a "good guy" ending.
User avatar
Tyrannacon
Combiner
Posts: 446
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:31 pm
Location: Canton, Ohio, USA
Buy from Tyrannacon on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Tyrannosaurus with Flight Mode
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: If Megatron returns in TF4...

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:56 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
SlyTF1 wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:Personally, I'd prefer it if he didn't return. He's gone from bad to worse from ROTF onwards. It's just sad to see a character who was once the epitome of power and intimidation kneeling (to The Fallen) and being handed such an undignified death in DOTM (an otherwise great TF movie if not for the ending).


Megatron was never the epitome of power.


What makes you say that?

He was practically unstoppable in TF1 (he survived several direct missile hits to the back when even the larger Blackout was killed instantly (and no, the crotch shot did little more than make Lennox look cool :lol: ), and only got killed when Sam sneaked up on him and used the Cube on him. Sadly, he was never quite the same after that, what with the less-than-ideal parts that were used during his resurrection.

OP couldn't stand toe-to-toe with him in a solo fight in TF1. In ROTF, Megatron, as stated earlier, just wasn't in his best condition anymore--also, it was a decision by Bay and Orci/Kurtzman to make OP more badass since viewers complained about him getting flung around like a rag doll in the first movie, hence the awesome 1-against-3 forest battle. In DOTM, Megatron was still suffering badly from his injuries in ROTF.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2885
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: If Megatron returns in TF4...

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:02 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Tyrannacon wrote:If he comes back, he needs to be made the big bad again and not just completely killed off for the sake of having a "good guy" ending.


Totally agreed.

Either make him the main villain or don't bring him back at all.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2885
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: If Megatron returns in TF4...

Postby SlyTF1 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:01 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:Personally, I'd prefer it if he didn't return. He's gone from bad to worse from ROTF onwards. It's just sad to see a character who was once the epitome of power and intimidation kneeling (to The Fallen) and being handed such an undignified death in DOTM (an otherwise great TF movie if not for the ending).


Megatron was never the epitome of power.


What makes you say that?

He was practically unstoppable in TF1 (he survived several direct missile hits to the back when even the larger Blackout was killed instantly (and no, the crotch shot did little more than make Lennox look cool :lol: ), and only got killed when Sam sneaked up on him and used the Cube on him. Sadly, he was never quite the same after that, what with the less-than-ideal parts that were used during his resurrection.

OP couldn't stand toe-to-toe with him in a solo fight in TF1. In ROTF, Megatron, as stated earlier, just wasn't in his best condition anymore--also, it was a decision by Bay and Orci/Kurtzman to make OP more badass since viewers complained about him getting flung around like a rag doll in the first movie, hence the awesome 1-against-3 forest battle. In DOTM, Megatron was still suffering badly from his injuries in ROTF.


He was outsmarted by a human in the first movie. Sam didn't sneak up on him. Megatron was right there trying to crush him with his hand, and Sam just lifted up the Allspark and killed him. Plus, in ROTF, he survived a bombardment of tanks to his face.
I Am.
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4610
News Credits: 23
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:34 am
Location: The Kingdom of Heaven
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: If Megatron returns in TF4...

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:16 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
SlyTF1 wrote:He was outsmarted by a human in the first movie.


I said he was powerful, not intelligent. :D

SlyTF1 wrote:Plus, in ROTF, he survived a bombardment of tanks to his face.


I'm too lazy to go dig up my old copy of ROTF , but I remember Mixmaster also took a couple of direct hits from a tank and survived--the only time a tank round killed a Decepticon in ROTF was when it hit some nameless grunt. Those tank rounds probably aren't as powerful as the F-22s' AGM barrages from TF1.

In ROTF, it took an air raid to take out all the Decepticons in the area.

But all that is irrelevant.

The thing is, like I said, Bay and the writers wanted to make OP more badass after viewers complained about him looking weak in TF1, so they portrayed OP as much more powerful fighter in ROTF compared to TF1. Megatron HAD to get owned by OP in order to highlight that.

Sly, this really isn't getting us anywhere, and to engage in an unnecessary debate is a waste of both your time and mine. I say it's an "unnecessary debate" because this thread is about whether Megatron should return in TF4, not whether he's worthy of being called the epitome of strength.

Why don't we just agree to disagree on this, and end this discussion?
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2885
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: If Megatron returns in TF4...

Postby Tyrannacon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:39 pm

Motto: "'Til all are gone!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
Tyrannacon wrote:If he comes back, he needs to be made the big bad again and not just completely killed off for the sake of having a "good guy" ending.


Totally agreed.

Either make him the main villain or don't bring him back at all.


Exactly, he doesn't need to crash on Sentinel Prime's couch for a few days either. He needs to be top dog again. "Back in charge" basically.
User avatar
Tyrannacon
Combiner
Posts: 446
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:31 pm
Location: Canton, Ohio, USA
Buy from Tyrannacon on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Tyrannosaurus with Flight Mode
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: If Megatron returns in TF4...

Postby TurboMMaster » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:02 am

Motto: ""Have a hig gun? Have a big fun!!!""
Weapon: Cyclone Gun
And he should regain hes total bad ass status. Bringing him back again only to killed him few scenes leater would be really ridicolous.

Maybe this time Prime encouters Megatron from parrarel universe that won in Mission City, killed Optimus from he's universe and now he ruled fully-restored Cybertron?
Image
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, Don't hurt me, no more.
User avatar
TurboMMaster
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:12 am
Watch TurboMMaster on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: If Megatron returns in TF4...

Postby Tyrannacon » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:11 pm

Motto: "'Til all are gone!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Well, the parallel universe Megatron would be interesting. I just don't see them going that route though. I think he's going to be revived by human meddling basically. That's my thought at least. I could be way wrong though. It could be a parallel universe Megatron. Heh.
User avatar
Tyrannacon
Combiner
Posts: 446
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:31 pm
Location: Canton, Ohio, USA
Buy from Tyrannacon on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Tyrannosaurus with Flight Mode
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: If Megatron returns in TF4...

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:25 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Tyrannacon wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
Tyrannacon wrote:If he comes back, he needs to be made the big bad again and not just completely killed off for the sake of having a "good guy" ending.


Totally agreed.

Either make him the main villain or don't bring him back at all.


Exactly, he doesn't need to crash on Sentinel Prime's couch for a few days either. He needs to be top dog again. "Back in charge" basically.


My thoughts exactly. There's no point in bringing him back if he's just going to be some other villain's second-in-command.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2885
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: If Megatron returns in TF4...

Postby TurboMMaster » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:06 am

Motto: ""Have a hig gun? Have a big fun!!!""
Weapon: Cyclone Gun
Tyrannacon wrote:I think he's going to be revived by human meddling basically.
I think even Megatron saved by timeline meddling would be better than that...

Actually, Movie could simply fallows the story of Comic/Book, where Megatron is spared. Simply put, events of DotM Movie would be consider uncanonical. It is good, since for Bay's ending don't deserved to be mentioned ever again...
Image
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, Don't hurt me, no more.
User avatar
TurboMMaster
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:12 am
Watch TurboMMaster on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: If Megatron returns in TF4...

Postby Tyrannacon » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:35 pm

Motto: "'Til all are gone!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
TurboMMaster wrote:
Tyrannacon wrote:I think he's going to be revived by human meddling basically.
I think even Megatron saved by timeline meddling would be better than that...

Actually, Movie could simply fallows the story of Comic/Book, where Megatron is spared. Simply put, events of DotM Movie would be consider uncanonical. It is good, since for Bay's ending don't deserved to be mentioned ever again...


Yeah I thought Bay's ending was a little uncharacteristic for Optimus Prime especially. I thought it was pretty good at the time, but it really limits what could be done for a fourth film. I'm curious how they're going to find a way around it. That's for sure.
User avatar
Tyrannacon
Combiner
Posts: 446
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:31 pm
Location: Canton, Ohio, USA
Buy from Tyrannacon on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Tyrannosaurus with Flight Mode
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: If Megatron returns in TF4...

Postby TurboMMaster » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:15 pm

Motto: ""Have a hig gun? Have a big fun!!!""
Weapon: Cyclone Gun
Tyrannacon wrote:
Yeah I thought Bay's ending was a little uncharacteristic for Optimus Prime especially. I thought it was pretty good at the time, but it really limits what could be done for a fourth film. I'm curious how they're going to find a way around it. That's for sure.
Well, technically it is hard to have regret to Optimus for killing Megatron, he have a hundreads of reason to hate him. But entire scene was simply bad. In comic books, where Optimus is in good shape and Sentinel was more problematic to Megatron, it make sense. In movie it is a one big mistake.


When you thinjk about this, there is one big argument for Megatron's return: Propably anyone is tired of getting new main villian in each movie. How many times more Earth could be a prison for bad cybertronians?
Image
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, Don't hurt me, no more.
User avatar
TurboMMaster
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:12 am
Watch TurboMMaster on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS G1 1989 RARE ACTION MASTERS WHEELJACK TURBO RACER + CATALOG NEW MIB - Time Remaining: 7 days 20 hours 36 minutes 20 seconds
1996 Transformers Machine Wars Evil Decepticon Starscream Hasbro Takara - Time Remaining: 7 days 51 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Bumblebee Stinger Reversible Muscle Costume 10-12 L New AOE - Time Remaining: 2 days 4 hours 38 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers Movie Lot Optimus Prime Ratchet ROTF DOTM AOE Soundwave complete - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 23 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class SENTINEL PRIME & Infinitus - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 25 minutes 1 second
Transformers Cybertron Supreme Class Decepticon Starscream  Incomplete - Time Remaining: 7 days 4 hours 28 minutes 4 seconds
G1 Transformers autobot WEAPONS PARTS LOT #111 Mirage Sunstreaker Sideswipe - Time Remaining: 7 days 20 hours 58 minutes 37 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 1 AUTOBOT WHEELIE ANIME PRODUCTION CEL AND BACKGROUND - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 5 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
Twincast / Podcast #153:
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016