Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby El Duque » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:43 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
eBay seller lena81822 is at it again, bringing us some of our first in-hand images of the upcoming Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut! Crosscut is repaint of the previously released Transformers Generations Skids with new head that pays homage to e-Hobby exclusive, which likewise was a reuse of the G1 Skids mold. This fella will join Rattrap and Tankor in Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 3. Hopefully this is an indication these will be making their way to retailers soon.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:46 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
One question: do his hip joints look misassembled to you guys?
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15019
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:55 pm

Motto: "Whatever happened to Saturday night, When you dressed up sharp and you felt alright?"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Aw man, I was hoping for hasbro silver and candy-apple red like the first stock photo. Oh well I still like it
Image
User avatar
SW's SilverHammer
Brainmaster
Posts: 1384
News Credits: 17
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Portland
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby Rated X » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:02 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Another member for my Diaclone/E-Hobby crew. I like it. But can we see some Arcee/Chromia pics already ?
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6302
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby Amelie » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:46 pm

Motto: "Today's yummy biscuits are just tomorrows crumbs."
Weapon: No Weapon
~repaint revealed~

Member A: I wish Hasbro would come up with new ideas or characters!
Member B: This is a waste of a repaint - no-one knows\cares who this is!
Member C: It should have been [insert random bot here]...
Member D: I'll wait for Takara's version.
ALL: Hasbro have failed us again!

Theres Member E. He likes the toy. But its rare Member E will actually talk. ;)
User avatar
Amelie
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5205
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 2
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby kirbenvost » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:56 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
^ lol you got me. :lol: Sort of. While it's a nice repaint and I'm not saying it's a waste, I won't be buying it because the character is of no consequence to me. I am impressed by the shade of silver plastic they used though, it looks a little nicer than a lot of past silver toys. Nice head mold too. :APPLAUSE:

Too bad he still won't stand very well...

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:One question: do his hip joints look misassembled to you guys?


It's hard to tell from these pictures, but it appears not, possibly? Looking at the slot on the side of his hip-joint piece it appears to be closer to the front than the back which means it should be okay.

My Swerve was actually not misassembled, but it was a Canadian release so I don't know if that says anything.
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8741
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:04 pm

Motto: "Keep calm and form Voltron"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Really digging the noggin
william-james88 wrote:I am just glad the conversation has changed from just being about the butt flap

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
User avatar
LOST Cybertronian
News Staff
Posts: 3609
News Credits: 21
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Wichita, KS
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby Mkall » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:11 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Nice colours. The Autobots have too much bright red already. It's nice to see something a little more subdued.
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14184
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby Amelie » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:12 pm

Motto: "Today's yummy biscuits are just tomorrows crumbs."
Weapon: No Weapon
That head is actually making me want a bonkers exclusive done as G2 Gobot Optimus Prime.

~sighs~ I just became Member C. :I
User avatar
Amelie
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5205
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 2
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby Cyber Bishop » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I like it. Reminds me of one of the omnibots.
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18640
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby Rated X » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:09 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Amelie wrote:~repaint revealed~

Member A: I wish Hasbro would come up with new ideas or characters!
Member B: This is a waste of a repaint - no-one knows\cares who this is!
Member C: It should have been [insert random bot here]...
Member D: I'll wait for Takara's version.
ALL: Hasbro have failed us again!

Theres Member E. He likes the toy. But its rare Member E will actually talk. ;)

For this particular figure Im member E and I talk all the time...
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6302
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:07 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
The only thing stopping me from liking this mold is the shoulders... I really wish they weren't so limited.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby megatronus » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:27 pm

Motto: "I have better things to do tonight than die!"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Rated X wrote:
Amelie wrote:~repaint revealed~

Member A: I wish Hasbro would come up with new ideas or characters!
Member B: This is a waste of a repaint - no-one knows\cares who this is!
Member C: It should have been [insert random bot here]...
Member D: I'll wait for Takara's version.
ALL: Hasbro have failed us again!

Theres Member E. He likes the toy. But its rare Member E will actually talk. ;)

For this particular figure Im member E and I talk all the time...
You're telling me! :lol:


MINDVVIPE wrote:The only thing stopping me from liking this mold is the shoulders... I really wish they weren't so limited.
As with Skids, the shoulders are a nuisance, but not a deal-breaker.
Image
User avatar
megatronus
City Commander
Posts: 3320
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby Mindmaster » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:42 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:One question: do his hip joints look misassembled to you guys?


Yeah, they're definitely misassembeled, comparing the images to my Skids.
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5665
News Credits: 22
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:54 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Hope it's easier to find than Skids was.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17986
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby STngAR » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:17 pm

Weapon: No Weapon
I think it's a great looking repaint

:MAXIMAL:
Sledge wrote:Finally! Wheelie will get the credit he's due with a set of five Wheelies.



"People who live in glass houses sink ships"

"Loser, loser chicken dinner"

"She was playing robota-possum"

"If you want to get rich, collect money, not toys"
User avatar
STngAR
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 527
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:14 am
Location: PA
Watch STngAR on YouTube
Buy from STngAR on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: Infinity

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby gigator39 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:25 pm

It looks decent but can't say I like the Skids mold enough to own it twice. Sad cause I'm the rare person who loves repaints. Those shoulders and the fact that he constantly falls backward annoy me too much. I hope this is the last time we see this mold honestly.
gigator39
Mini-Con
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:01 pm

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby K2vox » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:50 pm

Motto: "If you don't believe in the ridiculous absurdity of your genius, than who else will?"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
EASY pass. crappy NON-painted gray body and look at those FEET. paint gaps?! good god. I can't even... :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:
K2vox
Micromaster
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:19 pm
Location: California
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 4
Skill: 9

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby T-Macksimus » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:07 pm

I'm usually just absolute hell on repaints which is why I am now having quite the moral dilemma here. This is a great looking repaint and I would not hesitate to pick this figure up. In fact, I'd pick this figure over many of the other figures in the Generations line. I love the Skids mold, I love the color choices on this repaint... the only issues I have are: Who the hell is this and why are we getting pics of this kind of coolness when we can't even get figures on the shelf that were SUPPOSED to be out two months ago???

Sorry but it just pisses me off that Hasbro can nail one out of the park (with a repaint no less)when, in all honesty, it doesn't even count but can totally screw the pooch on so many other figures that SHOULD kick ass but end up sucking it instead.

I give the figure itself a solid A+ and I give Hasbro a heart-felt F-U.
Unsurpassed, jaw dropping effort in exactly ALL the wrong places! You made Armada Starscream look like absolute sh** but you made one BRILLIANT repaint for a character most of us haven't even heard of and could care less about. Good freaking job! :HEADHURTS:
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
Posts: 2246
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:49 pm
Location: I'm In The Witless Relocation Program

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby megatronus » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:13 pm

Motto: "I have better things to do tonight than die!"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
T-Macksimus wrote:I give the figure itself a solid A+ and I give Hasbro a heart-felt F-U.

I'm not sure why you blame Hasbro for this - they want you to buy the figure just as much as you do. Fault with poor distribution likely falls on the brick & mortar retailers.
Image
User avatar
megatronus
City Commander
Posts: 3320
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby GuyIncognito » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:20 am

I thought he was supposed to be silver. I guess I should have known better.
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4769
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby LordTwann » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:21 am

megatronus wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:I give the figure itself a solid A+ and I give Hasbro a heart-felt F-U.

I'm not sure why you blame Hasbro for this - they want you to buy the figure just as much as you do. Fault with poor distribution likely falls on the brick & mortar retailers.


I could be wrong in what I'm about to say because I don't know everything. Just a preface, and I will gladly be corrected if/when I'm wrong.

I get why the primary problem with the figure distribution is with retailers. However, Hasbro does operate their own storefront in Hasbrotoyshop.com. If it's simply a problem with retailers not ordering the figures I don't get why Hasbro isn't selling the figures on their own site. Also it stands to reason that if hasbro is sitting on a backlog of figures why can't online retailers like BBTS and others get stock in? From an outsider position the most logical conclusion is that hasbro vastly underproduced the figures. Again there may be things I don't understand about retail business and distribution, and there may be information I don't have, but there again Hasbro is being pretty tight lipped about it.

Just calling it like I see it, and the best I can tell from the information presented me, Hasbro really screwed the pooch. Who knows maybe it'll be like Blaster was last year and we'll see tons of them hit stores in August, but Hasbro sure isn't talking.

On a side note this all just supports what I've been saying for a while now. Hasbro should adopt a subscription model for the generations line (and possibly the masterpiece line as well) like the Masters of the Universe toys. You subscribe for a year and get all the released figures, then there are a number produced beyond that which people can pick up in stores or online. That way the collectors never miss a figure.
LordTwann
Mini-Con
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:44 pm

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby megatronus » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:46 am

Motto: "I have better things to do tonight than die!"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
LordTwann wrote:
megatronus wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:I give the figure itself a solid A+ and I give Hasbro a heart-felt F-U.

I'm not sure why you blame Hasbro for this - they want you to buy the figure just as much as you do. Fault with poor distribution likely falls on the brick & mortar retailers.


I could be wrong in what I'm about to say because I don't know everything. Just a preface, and I will gladly be corrected if/when I'm wrong.

I get why the primary problem with the figure distribution is with retailers. However, Hasbro does operate their own storefront in Hasbrotoyshop.com. If it's simply a problem with retailers not ordering the figures I don't get why Hasbro isn't selling the figures on their own site. Also it stands to reason that if hasbro is sitting on a backlog of figures why can't online retailers like BBTS and others get stock in? From an outsider position the most logical conclusion is that hasbro vastly underproduced the figures. Again there may be things I don't understand about retail business and distribution, and there may be information I don't have, but there again Hasbro is being pretty tight lipped about it.

Just because Hasbro operates their own dinky site doesn't mean they would overproduce figures just to sell on said site. If Hasbro operates like a traditional producer of goods, and I suspect they do, chances are they're going to take the hard orders from retailers/distributors, reconcile those with Hasbro's internal forecasts, and then produce a certain number of figures based on those numbers. BBTS may order a large quantity, but I would wager that their order pales in comparison to TRU, Target, etc. Orders are probably solicited up to 6 months in advance of product hitting shelves.

Obviously, the predicted number of figures needed doesn't always jive with the reality - sometimes Hasbro will overproduce based on predicted demand, and sometime they underproduce. And it sucks because a lot of the predicted demand likely comes, as I've speculated, from retailers' orders, which are in turn based on historical trends and seasonality. One of the reasons I personally think the Waspinator/Goldfire/Skids/Dreadwing wave was underproduced is due to it releasing after the New Year, when toy sales are historically down; retailers probably didn't order as many as they could have. And it's hard to say that Hasbro should have known 6 months in advance that this wave would be as popular as it was.

I'm sure I sound like a Hasbro apologist. I'm not trying to be, and Hasbro certainly shoulders some responsibility, but statements along the lines of "Y U HATE US HAZBRO!!!" annoy the hell out of me. The world is more complicated than people like to think.


LordTwann wrote:Just calling it like I see it, and the best I can tell from the information presented me, Hasbro really screwed the pooch. Who knows maybe it'll be like Blaster was last year and we'll see tons of them hit stores in August, but Hasbro sure isn't talking.

First you say Hasbro is tight-lipped and now you say information was presented to you... what information?


LordTwann wrote:On a side note this all just supports what I've been saying for a while now. Hasbro should adopt a subscription model for the generations line (and possibly the masterpiece line as well) like the Masters of the Universe toys. You subscribe for a year and get all the released figures, then there are a number produced beyond that which people can pick up in stores or online. That way the collectors never miss a figure.

That actually sounds like a great idea. :D
Image
User avatar
megatronus
City Commander
Posts: 3320
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby Optimizzy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:38 am

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
I kinda like it. Reminds me of my car so...I'll probably get it. I just havent heard great things about this particular mode. Some problem with the arm clearance. Is that correct?
waiting for these:

Generations Arcee
Generations Optimus Prime
Generations Megatron
Generations Legends Cliffjumper
Generations...oh just the lot of them.
User avatar
Optimizzy
Vehicon
Posts: 312
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:43 pm
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 2
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Crosscut

Postby Flashwave » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:41 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
GIMMIE!!! NOW!!!!

Love it. Agreed the painted silver would've looked better, but this is nice. My poor Skids is now hipless and trapped in his vehicle mode (G1 Accurate!!!) so I have a perfect reason to own the mold again. Just hope I can get my hands on him

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:One question: do his hip joints look misassembled to you guys?


Yes, I an see the vents that are blocking his legs from moving against his pelvic
megatronus wrote:
LordTwann wrote:
megatronus wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:I give the figure itself a solid A+ and I give Hasbro a heart-felt F-U.

I'm not sure why you blame Hasbro for this - they want you to buy the figure just as much as you do. Fault with poor distribution likely falls on the brick & mortar retailers.


I could be wrong in what I'm about to say because I don't know everything. Just a preface, and I will gladly be corrected if/when I'm wrong.

I get why the primary problem with the figure distribution is with retailers. However, Hasbro does operate their own storefront in Hasbrotoyshop.com. If it's simply a problem with retailers not ordering the figures I don't get why Hasbro isn't selling the figures on their own site. Also it stands to reason that if hasbro is sitting on a backlog of figures why can't online retailers like BBTS and others get stock in? From an outsider position the most logical conclusion is that hasbro vastly underproduced the figures. Again there may be things I don't understand about retail business and distribution, and there may be information I don't have, but there again Hasbro is being pretty tight lipped about it.

Just because Hasbro operates their own dinky site doesn't mean they would overproduce figures just to sell on said site. If Hasbro operates like a traditional producer of goods, and I suspect they do, chances are they're going to take the hard orders from retailers/distributors, reconcile those with Hasbro's internal forecasts, and then produce a certain number of figures based on those numbers. BBTS may order a large quantity, but I would wager that their order pales in comparison to TRU, Target, etc. Orders are probably solicited up to 6 months in advance of product hitting shelves.

Obviously, the predicted number of figures needed doesn't always jive with the reality - sometimes Hasbro will overproduce based on predicted demand, and sometime they underproduce. And it sucks because a lot of the predicted demand likely comes, as I've speculated, from retailers' orders, which are in turn based on historical trends and seasonality. One of the reasons I personally think the Waspinator/Goldfire/Skids/Dreadwing wave was underproduced is due to it releasing after the New Year, when toy sales are historically down; retailers probably didn't order as many as they could have. And it's hard to say that Hasbro should have known 6 months in advance that this wave would be as popular as it was.

I'm sure I sound like a Hasbro apologist. I'm not trying to be, and Hasbro certainly shoulders some responsibility, but statements along the lines of "Y U HATE US HAZBRO!!!" annoy the hell out of me. The world is more complicated than people like to think.


LordTwann wrote:Just calling it like I see it, and the best I can tell from the information presented me, Hasbro really screwed the pooch. Who knows maybe it'll be like Blaster was last year and we'll see tons of them hit stores in August, but Hasbro sure isn't talking.

First you say Hasbro is tight-lipped and now you say information was presented to you... what information?


LordTwann wrote:On a side note this all just supports what I've been saying for a while now. Hasbro should adopt a subscription model for the generations line (and possibly the masterpiece line as well) like the Masters of the Universe toys. You subscribe for a year and get all the released figures, then there are a number produced beyond that which people can pick up in stores or online. That way the collectors never miss a figure.

That actually sounds like a great idea. :D


First off, Megatronus :APPLAUSE: for being an honset realist. Just want you to know that its appreciated you putting your neck out.

As to the last part: The subscripoion idea is great until A) you realize that the TF Club is doing one that so many people lambast, and 2) the Generations line isn't soley a collectors's market, at least not in the way that "Scourge" was, or Circuit or being back the Big Convoy mold. Sure, Crosscut's a niche character, but Armada Starscream is as much being marketed to kids who like fast looking jets as he is to his Armada fans. Half the current Generations line is comic book characters anyway, dudes that IDW is promoting. Just because Skids and Swerve and Tailgate are 1986 characters, their being protrayedin comics that children and young adults are reading RIGHT NOW. That makes them mainstream characters. And while I would love a guarenteed way to get these toys, especially Crosscut who I now have a Botcon Tracks and a repainted motorcycle minicon waiting for him, Hasbro is not gonna undersell their clients, the big box stores, on mainstream toys. And I don't know this for sure, but I'd bet someone else's money that the HTS site is Hasbro's internal liquidation. Things go up for sale after the stores get their orders, and may show up earlier than the sotres because of distribuion times, bu the stock is limited and not wasting space in a Hasbro warehouse. And the limited excess is Hasbro getting around not underselling a clientelle.


What is being rpoposed by LordTwann would and could certainly work, and maybe even work better than the Club program (although again, they're releasing figures ((Excess replacement stock)) that are also being sold through THEIR store, so arguably its the same system just not being supported by good logistics.) just not with this pool of characters within the Generations line.

The good news: All the pegs in the stores around me are empty, so the new Generations wave will go up almost immediately, so now its just a matter of time mking sure it gets out, and that I get to my Crosscut before someone else does.
Image
User avatar
Flashwave
City Commander
Posts: 3762
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:42 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014