Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:54 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I think the big issue here is that the people here who want this to be like an updated G1 Grimlock and still don't like it simply have standards that are way too specific.

Hasbro already gave us an updated Classics-style Grimlock in the form of the Classics Grimlock from 2006. But people complained that it wasn't faithful enough to the G1 Grimlock and felt too different.

Then we got the Masterpiece Grimlock that was VERY faithful to the G1 Grimlock while still being updated from the G1 version. But, they still complained for the opposite reason: It isn't that much of an update since it's just the straight up G1 version with modern engineering.

Fast forward to today and we have this Grimlock. A very updated Grimlock with a faithful appearance to the G1 version while also being different enough to call an update (even though it represents a different character, but these people are looking for G1 updates rather than new characters). Surely such a combination would satisfy those who are getting all that they ever wanted, right?

Right?

"It's ugly."

:HEADHURTS:

Hasbro finally gives what was asked of them, and the resultant response given is, "It's ugly."

>:oP

This just goes to show that there is simply no pleasing people. They asked for a Classic-style update that resembles the G1 Grimlock faithfully enough while still being different enough to be called an update, and they turn it down for the pickiest of reasons.

:BANG_HEAD:

You know something? If this isn't enough, then I don't know what is. Masterpiece Grimlock is the most definitive version of G1 Grimlock we've ever gotten, but people want an update. What baffles the mind is why anyone would want such an update when said update is not how the character looked in the fiction. Masterpiece Grimlock is the most show-accurate representation of the character we've ever gotten. If it's an update that's wanted, go for Classics Grimlock. If Classics Grimlock is too different from how Grimlock is supposed to look, then why on Earth would one want to get an updated version in the first place? Just go for the one that actually LOOKS like Grimlock. And here we have a Grimlock that is, for all intents and purposes, a compromise between the updated look of the Classics-style figures and the show-accuracy of the Masterpiece figures, and just so happens to also resemble the video game design of Aligned Grimlock. Despite being a separate character, the toy is still ripe for the repurposing into a Classics-style G1 Grimlock. Yet, even when ALL the demands of these people have been met by this toy, they can't help but still look for faults in this figure to nitpick about.

Ya'll know what? If Hasbro still didn't meet these satisfactions with this toy, then they probably never will. They already made a Classic-style updated Grimlock (Classics), a G1-accurate Grimlock (Masterpiece), and halfway point between the two (this one). They likely aren't going to try again after hitting the nail so many times just because a certain group of fans have the most meticulous of standards that no real world toy company like Hasbro, TakaraTomy, or anyone would ever cater to, as that's just expecting way too much.

And this is especially since Hasbro isn't even interested in doing more Classics-style figures right now since they're putting all their effort into getting the FOC figures out and available to the public. The Classics-style G1 character figures have had their turn and now it's time for others to have theirs. While Classics-style figures will likely come back at a later point, right now is not the time. And if and when they do make their return, there likely won't be another Grimlock since that requirement was already met three times over with Classics Grimlock, MP Grimlock, and Generations FOC Grimlock. If none of these three Grimlock toys are satisfactory enough for a Classics-style collection, then I don't know what else to say other than something like, "Oh well."

Man, I need a drink.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17450
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:10 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Sabrblade wrote:the most amazing argument ever in the history of Transformer fandom.


Image
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5626
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:13 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
The fandom will never be pleased.

If nobody can get it right for you, do it your damn self. Let's see how well you fair at it. >:oP
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5432
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby RAcast » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:13 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
I hear ya Sabrblade, this thread is...somewhat maddening because there are people bitching for the sake of bitching.

A rather ASTOUNDING number of people no less. I mean, I'm used to the one or two people complaining about little things and I'm like "oh well they're just the type who can't be happy," but now that we're talking about a BIG, popular character, GRIMLOCK no less, those people are just coming out of the woodworks! :lol: I'm done trying to help people see the light, haha. I'm just walking away from this thread.

Beam me up, Pioneer. :G2BOT:
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2821
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby Rated X » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:13 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
MasterSoundBlaster wrote:
That Bot wrote:People complain about the legs being small and the tail being big. They're the same part. If they made the legs bigger, the tail would be goddamn gigantic. If they made the tail smaller, the legs would be skeletal. You can't have it both ways on this one.

Thank you!

Listen if you don't like it, don't but it. No need to be ranting so much



Maybe they should have stuck with the classic G1 transformation sequence. Was there really a need to "neo-ize" the transformation ? He's a T-Rex, not a new car. And I totally forgot about the wings. Damn he looks naked now to me without them. Eventually sombody will do the Dinobots right.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6048
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:22 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Rated X wrote:
MasterSoundBlaster wrote:
That Bot wrote:People complain about the legs being small and the tail being big. They're the same part. If they made the legs bigger, the tail would be goddamn gigantic. If they made the tail smaller, the legs would be skeletal. You can't have it both ways on this one.

Thank you!

Listen if you don't like it, don't but it. No need to be ranting so much



Maybe they should have stuck with the classic G1 transformation sequence. Was there really a need to "neo-ize" the transformation ?


Yes, because this isn't G1. Get your darn noodle out of that place for one second. There's a reason Generations has the new Fall of Cybertron sub-title, because it caters toward the video game. It's not supposed to be your updated G1 collection.

:BANG_HEAD:

I'm sorry. I'm just finished. I'm tired of all the unnecessary bitching. :HEADHURTS:
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5432
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby Rated X » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:25 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:I think the big issue here is that the people here who want this to be like an updated G1 Grimlock and still don't like it simply have standards that are way too specific.

Hasbro already gave us an updated Classics-style Grimlock in the form of the Classics Grimlock from 2006. But people complained that it wasn't faithful enough to the G1 Grimlock and felt too different.

Then we got the Masterpiece Grimlock that was VERY faithful to the G1 Grimlock while still being updated from the G1 version. But, they still complained for the opposite reason: It isn't that much of an update since it's just the straight up G1 version with modern engineering.

Fast forward to today and we have this Grimlock. A very updated Grimlock with a faithful appearance to the G1 version while also being different enough to call an update (even though it represents a different character, but these people are looking for G1 updates rather than new characters). Surely such a combination would satisfy those who are getting all that they ever wanted, right?

Right?

"It's ugly."

:HEADHURTS:

Hasbro finally gives what was asked of them, and the resultant response given is, "It's ugly."

>:oP

This just goes to show that there is simply no pleasing people. They asked for a Classic-style update that resembles the G1 Grimlock faithfully enough while still being different enough to be called an update, and they turn it down for the pickiest of reasons.

:BANG_HEAD:

You know something? If this isn't enough, then I don't know what is. Masterpiece Grimlock is the most definitive version of G1 Grimlock we've ever gotten, but people want an update. What baffles the mind is why anyone would want such an update when said update is not how the character looked in the fiction. Mastepiece Grimlock is the most show-accurate representation of the character we've ever gotten. If it's an update that's wanted, go for Classics Grimlock. If Classics Grimlock is too different from how Grimlock is supposed to look, then why on Earth would one want to get an updated version in the first place? Just go for the one that actually LOOKS like Grimlock. And here we have a Grimlock that is, for all intents and purposes, a compromise between the updated look of the Classics-style figures and show-accuracy of the Masterpiece figures, and just so happens to also resemble the video game design of Aligned Grimlock. Despite being a separate character, the toy is still ripe for the repurposing into a Classics-style G1 Grimlock. Yet, even when all the demands by these people have been met by this toy, they can't help but still look for faults in this figure to nitpick about. Ya'll know what? If Hasbro still didn't meet these satisfactions with this toy, then they probably never will. They already made a Classic-style updated Grimlock (Classics), a G1-accurate Grimlock (Masterpiece), and halfway point between both (this one). They likely aren't going to try again after hitting the nail so many times just because a certain group of fans have the most meticulous of standards that no real world toy company like Hasbro would ever cater to, as that's just expecting way too much, especially since Hasbro isn't even interested in doing more Classics-style figures right now when they're putting all their attention on getting the FOC figures out and available to the public. The Classics-style G1 character figures have had their turn and now it's time for others to have theirs. The Classics-style figures will likely come back at a later point, but right now is not their time. and if and when they do make their return, there likely won't be another Grimlock since that requirement was alreayd met three times over (Classics, MP, Generations FOC). If none of these three Grimlock toys are satisfactory enough for a Classics-style collection, then I don't know what else to say other than something like, "Oh well."

Man, I need a drink.


MP Grimlock was an update in my opinion. The ony problem with it was that it wasnt voyager sized. MP figures are for coffee tables in a man-cave, not large scale season 1 collections. For me an update means increased posability, or as you put it "modern engineering. Im not among the neo fanatics who want every alt mode to be the latest piece of technology in the vechicle world. Nor do I care for complex transformations that are like puzzles and easily broken. If I-gear were to KO MP Grimlock and shrink it to voyager size, nobody would give a crap about this FOC figure.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6048
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby Noideaforaname » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:30 pm

Yeesh, what's with all the negativity towards complaints? Most everyone who's not satisfied have given thought-out reasons as to why they aren't totally satisfied. Plus, it's completely unfair to lump them all together as "whiny haters who are never satisfied with anything."
Image
Krazy 'bout Kreons: Customs ~ Photos ~ Art
My deviantART
User avatar
Noideaforaname
Gestalt
Posts: 2328
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm
Location: South Jersey

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rated X wrote:MP Grimlock was an update in my opinion. The ony problem with it was that it wasnt voyager sized. MP figures are for coffee tables in a man-cave, not large scale season 1 collections. For me an update means increased posability, or as you put it "modern engineering. Im not among the neo fanatics who want every alt mode to be the latest piece of technology in the vechicle world. Nor do I care for complex transformations that are like puzzles and easily broken. If I-gear were to KO MP Grimlock and shrink it to voyager size, nobody would give a crap about this FOC figure.
Grimlock is supposed to be BIGGER than Optimus. Classics Optimus was a Voyager. MP Grimlock is akin to an Ultra, the one size above Voyager below Leader. That makes him work.

If he's too big, go for this Grimlock, since he's close enough to the G1 Grimlock to work. If he's still too different, then tough luck. These are your options.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17450
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby Arctorro » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Motto: ""A beast form is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Battle Blades
Nice little rant there Sabrblade :D

I completely agree; got G1, Energon, Animated, Classics and MP. They are all nice toys, partly because they are different. MP is a nice update for G1 and Classic Grim fits well but was just a bit too small. FoC Grimlock will fit with Classics nicely. So what if he doesn't have "wings" or the tail is a little fat? Technically he is a Cybertronian T-Rex, not an Earthen T-Rex, so small differences in anatomy shouldn't matter.

Classics was never a MP style update of G1, it was more of a reboot. Yes people might say that is because Hasbro didn't want to pay licensing fees, but it doesn't change the fact that all the Hasbro Classics/Generations/Universe toys don't look exactly like the G1 counterpart (if there are one or two that do, let me know). They are new, with new transformations, styles and looks. This same argument pops up a lot with 3P releases as well. Why? Why buy so many C/G/U toys for your Classics set that aren't show/toy accurate then **** when certain toys are released that follow that same pattern?
Image

Monkey arms for the win!
User avatar
Arctorro
Godmaster
Posts: 1516
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:24 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby Rated X » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:33 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
PrymeStriker wrote:The fandom will never be pleased.

If nobody can get it right for you, do it your damn self. Let's see how well you fair at it. >:oP



Sounds like a job for MMC. I would like to see them do all the dinobots...
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6048
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:34 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Noideaforaname wrote:Yeesh, what's with all the negativity towards complaints? Most everyone who's not satisfied have given thought-out reasons as to why they aren't totally satisfied. Plus, it's completely unfair to lump them all together as "whiny haters who are never satisfied with anything."
Show me one complaint that doesn't fall into the category of, "It doesn't fit my views of how Grimlock should be."
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17450
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby MasterSoundBlaster » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:10 pm

Motto: "You can run,you'll just die trying"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Yeah I'm with you all now. I'm Tired of trying to come up with reasons to help explain things to others on this issue. I'm giving ol' Grimlock the green light for my collection and for those of you not getting him, thanks for keeping a well deserved Voyager on the shelves of the toystore for me.

We need to buy Sabr a drink for this, he's been through enough this evening.
I am not a GEEWUNNER...I just really like homeages

Burn wrote:Please don't clog this thread up with garbage. Either post a real picture of yourself, or tell Va'al how pretty he is.
User avatar
MasterSoundBlaster
Headmaster
Posts: 1239
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: Let's just say I can see Russia from my house
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:26 pm

I'm not sold on Blaster. That Ravage/Steeljaw mold looks like it has a bad case of anorexia and scoliosis and is my least favorite. I might purchase him to square off against his Decepticon counterpart. Soundwave's feeling all alone...
Grimlock's robot mode is pleasing to me, his alt mode however, isn't. I'm not going to say anything about what I would do to improve, because I wouldn't be able to. He'll be displayed in robot mode, so the alt mode isn't much of an issue. I like the character, it's just a shame that the other four don't get as much HasTak lovin'. A whole set would've been fantastic, oh well, c'est la vie

Red Alert is a must even if it's just for his mental-collapse spark accessories! The more I see of this crazy little bot, the more I want him. Stay and guard the bunker, Inferno!
Breakdown 2099

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:12 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Breakdown 2099 wrote:That Ravage/Steeljaw mold looks like it has a bad case of anorexia and scoliosis and is my least favorite.
Steeljaw's mistransformed in these pics.

Breakdown 2099 wrote:Grimlock's robot mode is pleasing to me, his alt mode however, isn't. I'm not going to say anything about what I would do to improve, because I wouldn't be able to. He'll be displayed in robot mode, so the alt mode isn't much of an issue. I like the character, it's just a shame that the other four don't get as much HasTak lovin'. A whole set would've been fantastic, oh well, c'est la vie
Hasbro hasn't said "No" to making the other four. There's still a chance for them to come later.

Individually, that is. A full set of all five would cost well over $100 bucks. ;)

Breakdown 2099 wrote:Red Alert is a must even if it's just for his mental-collapse spark accessories! The more I see of this crazy little bot, the more I want him. Stay and guard the bunker, Inferno!
Now I want to see MP Alert next to Henkei! Henkei! Inferno. :-B
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17450
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:51 am

Sabrblade wrote:Individually, that is. A full set of all five would cost well over $100 bucks. ;)


$100+? US maybe, rest of the world try $195 to $245. (based on Voyagers priced at $39 to $49). I'd love to live in the US. I'd have twice the collection I do now. :grin:
But lets not digress, I've got the Ravage mold and i don't find him aesthetically appealing. That's why he's left in his case while his brethren are out to play. I don't recall seeing all 5 Dino's since G1, of course, I'm probably wrong, but I just can't remember. I wonder if there's a reason for that? :-?
Breakdown 2099

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby That Bot » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:38 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Rated X wrote:
MasterSoundBlaster wrote:
That Bot wrote:People complain about the legs being small and the tail being big. They're the same part. If they made the legs bigger, the tail would be goddamn gigantic. If they made the tail smaller, the legs would be skeletal. You can't have it both ways on this one.

Thank you!

Listen if you don't like it, don't but it. No need to be ranting so much



Maybe they should have stuck with the classic G1 transformation sequence. Was there really a need to "neo-ize" the transformation ? He's a T-Rex, not a new car.

This is not G1 Grimlock. This is not meant to be G1 Grimlock. While it can be used as G1 Grimlock, that's not who it's supposed to be, so stop trying to hold it to the standards of G1 Grimlock. It's a T-rex that turns into a robot by turning its tail into robot legs and its rex legs into robot arms. It's gold and silver and it has a black head with red eyes. What more do you want?

And I totally forgot about the wings. Damn he looks naked now to me without them. Eventually sombody will do the Dinobots right.

:BANG_HEAD:
Image

MP Grimlock was an update in my opinion. The ony problem with it was that it wasnt voyager sized. MP figures are for coffee tables in a man-cave, not large scale season 1 collections.

There is seriously no pleasing you, is there?

If I-gear were to KO MP Grimlock and shrink it to voyager size, nobody would give a crap about this FOC figure.

I would, because it would be crazy cheaper than an Igear KO and it much more accurately resembles FOC Grimlock than the MP mold does. I imagine half the people in this thread would say the same thing as me on this point.
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1041
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby Dorkimus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:22 am

Why should everybody like this? Why aren't those who praise this, forced to explain why do they like this ugly grimlock figure? Why should I say anything else than "it's ugly". Because that's what it is :lol:

I don't have this rather sheepish attitude that we should only agree that everything hasbro makes is nice and cool. These are actually even more expencive here in europe than what they are in US. Deluxe sized robots are like 20 €, so I pick rather carefully what I actually want. This grimlock is something I don't like. It doesn't even look like the game version. Not to mention that unlike in some of those earlier promo pics he was at leat shiny and all, but now he just looks like dull grey and sand yellow...and proportions are just awry.

For some reason I find it really difficult to say any negative things about hastak or their products here in seibertron. It is just beyond me why some people are like to force-feed me this idea that I shouldn't/can't complain about this one. Everyone is entitled to have their opinion. Besides like some of you say, it is just a toy. So why defend it so hard?

Blaster on the other hand looks better and might be worth buying. See, not all is negative, but I just refuse to like this grimlock-shit :lol:
User avatar
Dorkimus
Mini-Con
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:48 am

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby That Bot » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:40 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Dorkimus wrote:Why should everybody like this? Why aren't those who praise this, forced to explain why do they like this ugly grimlock figure? Why should I say anything else than "it's ugly". Because that's what it is :lol:

You don't have to like it. But generally you're expected to support your dislike of a thing with valid reasons why you dislike it if you're engaging in discussion.

This grimlock is something I don't like. It doesn't even look like the game version.

Image
Image

Image
Image

Are we looking at the same toy? It's FOC Grimlock to the letter in bot mode, and in T-Rex mode the only shortcoming is how they moved the thrusters/knees to the base of the tail from the back section and had to shorten the tail overall to make it work as a toy. Sure, the colors leave something to be desired, but:

Not to mention that unlike in some of those earlier promo pics he was at leat shiny and all, but now he just looks like dull grey and sand yellow...and proportions are just awry.

Stock photos are always airbrushed and doctored up to make the figure look shinier. Nothing new here. And the strange proportions are a side effect of not being able to cheat like hell with the transformation the way the game models do.

For some reason I find it really difficult to say any negative things about hastak or their products here in seibertron. It is just beyond me why some people are like to force-feed me this idea that I shouldn't/can't complain about this one. Everyone is entitled to have their opinion. Besides like some of you say, it is just a toy. So why defend it so hard?
[/quote]
We don't always like what Hasbro has to offer. We never all like the same thing. You always have the right to complain about a thing, but if you want to DISCUSS it, you have to provide adequate reasoning for your opinion, whatever it may be. Other people are thus entitled to counter that reasoning. You may counter their counterpoints with your own. Such is conversation. And in this fandom, there's no such thing as "just" a toy. :P
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1041
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby njb902 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:45 am

It's a two edged sword. Discussing something is fine, but I don't see how you can disprove someone's asthetic preferences.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby That Bot » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:10 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
You can't, because opinions are opinions, but you can disprove a person's assertions. I can disprove that this toy doesn't look like the character it represents. I can't disprove that it's good or bad.
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1041
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby Rhinox23 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:15 am

As it has already been stated, I believe the argument over FOC Grimlock comes from those who are trying to fit him into their "classics" shelf. For those of us who actually played the game, he's a great, no perfect, fit for the FOC shelf! He looks as similar to his game model as any of the other FOC figures so far. In fact, he may resemble his game model better than all of the FOC figures save Starscream and Kickback.

I do wish his paint scheme was shiny gold and silver like the photos they showed us before, but I know those are always doctored up. Besides, I think Takara may release their version with the shiny paint should you really want that look (which I may get since I was thinking of getting two of these guys anyway).

Back to his overall look being pretty spot on to his FOC game model, this is the aligned version of Grimlock, which is a completely new version. For those of you interested, there is the TFP Rage of the Dinobots comic to connect Season 2 and 3 of TFP. This version of Grimlock also closely resembles the comic iteration as well with no wings, chest style, leg style and arms. So, to me they did a great job of giving us a figure of this aligned representation of Grimlock.

Thus, it seems to me that the only thing that would turn people off would be that he doesn't work for a G1/classic shelf. Otherwise, he's going to be front and center of my FOC shelf.

One last note, if FOC Grimlock doesn't sell well (which it looks like he won't be the hotcake I thought he would be) then I think we can kiss the possibility of getting the rest of the Dinobot team goodbye. That would be a shame because their FOC models are AMAZING! Dare I say, even better and more bad ass than their G1 selves. Really, FOC has given us the BEST version of ALL of the Dinobots to date. I hope those of us who played/enjoyed the game and are continuing to enjoy the aligned continuity of TFP, comics, etc. will support this guy so maybe the rest of the Dinobots will see the light of day. I remember reading that one of the decision makers at Hasbro said that he would like to see all of the FOC Dinobots become Voyager toys (from an old thread on here, I'm not going to try and dig it up). :PRAY:
User avatar
Rhinox23
Fuzor
Posts: 255
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:26 pm
Location: Georgia, USA
Buy from Rhinox23 on eBay

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby PrymeStriker » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Rhinox23 wrote:For those of you interested, there is the TFP Rage of the Dinobots comic to connect Season 2 and 3 of TFP. This version of Grimlock also closely resembles the comic iteration as well with no wings, chest style, leg style and arms. So, to me they did a great job of giving us a figure of this aligned representation of Grimlock.


Not only bridging TFP seasons, but FoC to Prime. So...I didn't expect them to look drastically different from their game models, but Grimlock is the one that hasn't been altered as much. Fitting for both your Prime and FoC shelves.

I remember reading that one of the decision makers at Hasbro said that he would like to see all of the FOC Dinobots become Voyager toys (from an old thread on here, I'm not going to try and dig it up). :PRAY:


Yeah, but I'll be pessimistic about that. >:oP
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5432
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby Va'al » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:11 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/additional-transformers-generations-fall-of-cybertron-voyager-images-t91444.php

New images, better lighting, confusing size comparisons but definitely gave me what I wanted!
Will be buying FoC Grimlock without a doubt, all issues are cleared for me.
Last edited by Va'al on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Avatar image by sabrigami
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 6917
News Credits: 66
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Postby Rated X » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
That Bot wrote:
Rated X wrote:
MasterSoundBlaster wrote:
That Bot wrote:People complain about the legs being small and the tail being big. They're the same part. If they made the legs bigger, the tail would be goddamn gigantic. If they made the tail smaller, the legs would be skeletal. You can't have it both ways on this one.

Thank you!

Listen if you don't like it, don't but it. No need to be ranting so much



Maybe they should have stuck with the classic G1 transformation sequence. Was there really a need to "neo-ize" the transformation ? He's a T-Rex, not a new car.

This is not G1 Grimlock. This is not meant to be G1 Grimlock. While it can be used as G1 Grimlock, that's not who it's supposed to be, so stop trying to hold it to the standards of G1 Grimlock. It's a T-rex that turns into a robot by turning its tail into robot legs and its rex legs into robot arms. It's gold and silver and it has a black head with red eyes. What more do you want?

And I totally forgot about the wings. Damn he looks naked now to me without them. Eventually sombody will do the Dinobots right.

:BANG_HEAD:
Image

MP Grimlock was an update in my opinion. The ony problem with it was that it wasnt voyager sized. MP figures are for coffee tables in a man-cave, not large scale season 1 collections.

There is seriously no pleasing you, is there?

If I-gear were to KO MP Grimlock and shrink it to voyager size, nobody would give a crap about this FOC figure.

I would, because it would be crazy cheaper than an Igear KO and it much more accurately resembles FOC Grimlock than the MP mold does. I imagine half the people in this thread would say the same thing as me on this point.



Youre points are valid, but this figure has too many astethics of the Animated version for my taste. It's almost more TF Primish than Generations in my opinion. The head is the only thing I really like. Everything else just doesnt suit me. Ive explained my reasons why in previous posts. I think it's ugly. It seems the people who glorify this figure to be the 2nd coming of christ dont like me to be the devil's advocate.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6048
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014