Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby Mach » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:05 am

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
Forget about "Giant" or "Hercules", the real deal is here. Planet Iacon - Singapore Transformers fanpage on Facebook has posted a gallery of the in-hand images of Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 20 Generations 1 Devastator.

Hasbro has also given out special edition commemorative coin for the purchase of this box set.

Check out the images we mirrored below:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!
User avatar
Mach
News Staff
Posts: 2462
News Credits: 68
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 3:07 am
Location: Singapore/Malaysia
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby Powermaster Jazz » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:19 am

Does that mean we'll get this bad boy stateside?
Image
Powermaster Jazz
City Commander
Posts: 3256
News Credits: 8
Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 12:07 am

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby alldarker » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:28 am

Motto: "Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
Weapon: Vibro-Force Gun
Powermaster Jazz wrote:Does that mean we'll get this bad boy stateside?

I think Hasbro's had a few too many failures on their reissues to bother with an own version of Devastator.

This set looks very nice again! If I didn't have a vintage complete G1 constructicons set, I'd definitely be getting this one. I'm both glad and disappointed that these are practically the same as the original release: a variation would have been nice but would also have forced me to buy him again!
I thought this version of Devastator's lower arms were going to be black? It looks like they are once again purple, like on the original Devastator...
I'm so meta, even this acronym...
User avatar
alldarker
Brainmaster
Posts: 1413
News Credits: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: Headquarters
Buy from alldarker on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby joevill » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:31 am

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
"Forget about "Giant" or "Hercules", the real deal is here"

Well said! :APPLAUSE:
Image
When eating planets alone isn't enough to satisfy the Chaos Bringer's hunger, Unicron comes to Earth to fill up on McDonald's. McDonald's golden arches will light our darkest hour (when the Chaos Bringer would not share) by clogging his arteries, raising his blood pressure, and giving him diabetes.
User avatar
joevill
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 568
News Credits: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Watch joevill on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby Trikeboy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:50 am

hey, purple arms, wasn't the official images showing them as black? Why forget about Hercules or Giant, I have room on my shelf for them all. I'm gonna buy it for my christmas gift. It's gonna be good to see past and upgrade together.
My must have products from 2013
Image
User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1412
News Credits: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby Mach » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:18 am

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
Trikeboy wrote:Why forget about Hercules or Giant, I have room on my shelf for them all.


Well, as one of the top Transformers fan sites, we still have to show our support to official products over the non-official no matter what.... :grin:
User avatar
Mach
News Staff
Posts: 2462
News Credits: 68
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 3:07 am
Location: Singapore/Malaysia
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby Rated X » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:00 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Mach wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:Why forget about Hercules or Giant, I have room on my shelf for them all.


Well, as one of the top Transformers fan sites, we still have to show our support to official products over the non-official no matter what.... :grin:



Considering many of the original creators of the 1984 figures are dead or in a nursing home, It's hard to respect the new owners of copyrights that have been bought and sold countless times. This renders the word "official" almost meaningless. On paper, Michael Jackson's family owns the copyrights to the Beatles music. But how many Beatles fans actually respect or even aknowledge that ownership ? Hasbro/Takara is nothing more than a company. The "support" needs to be given to the creators of the figures, not the corparate entity that funds their production.

With that being said, I think fan sites should show unbiased support for all companies in the market. Just because someone was first, doesnt make them the best. Just my opinion. ;)
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5608
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby TheTigerKing84 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:22 am

RatedX said being the first doesn't make you the best


Well said. Michael Jordan comes to mind.
TheTigerKing84
Micromaster
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:53 pm
Watch TheTigerKing84 on YouTube

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:41 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Rated X wrote:Considering many of the original creators of the 1984 figures are dead or in a nursing home, It's hard to respect the new owners of copyrights that have been bought and sold countless times. This renders the word "official" almost meaningless. On paper, Michael Jackson's family owns the copyrights to the Beatles music. But how many Beatles fans actually respect or even aknowledge that ownership ? Hasbro/Takara is nothing more than a company. The "support" needs to be given to the creators of the figures, not the corparate entity that funds their production.

With that being said, I think fan sites should show unbiased support for all companies in the market. Just because someone was first, doesnt make them the best. Just my opinion. ;)


I'm not even gonna bother anymore... I'm just gonna say that's not how copyright works in the toy production world, and leave it at that >:oP

And wait... why would Hasbro want a slice of Takara's reissue pie?
Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) BW II VS-18 Powerhug vs. Autocrusher
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

Preparing to move to the US!

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14282
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby Screamfleet » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:59 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I think Hasbro's had a few too many failures on their reissues to bother with an own version of Devastator


I thought after Perceptor and Insecticons they were bouncing back. Though we haven't seen anything since.
User avatar
Screamfleet
Pretender
Posts: 742
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:49 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby Seibertron » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:00 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I can't wait for this set. It's long overdue! If they were really smart, they'd give us 3 recolors of this set ... Diaclone colors, G2 yellow, and G2 orange. Bring 'em on Takara and Hasbro!
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23167
News Credits: 733
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby Nemesis Destron » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:03 am

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Hmm, no grey barrel for Mixmaster either. No problem I got my purple barrel from CrazyDevy along with all the other parts and I can't wait to apply them! ;)^ :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Brainmaster
Posts: 1450
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: OC So-Cal

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby Nemesis Destron » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:05 am

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Seibertron wrote:I can't wait for this set. It's long overdue! If they were really smart, they'd give us 3 recolors of this set ... Diaclone colors, G2 yellow, and G2 orange. Bring 'em on Takara and Hasbro!


A G2 set would be so awesome! ;)^ :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Brainmaster
Posts: 1450
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: OC So-Cal

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby Mach » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:09 am

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
Rated X wrote:
Mach wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:Why forget about Hercules or Giant, I have room on my shelf for them all.


Well, as one of the top Transformers fan sites, we still have to show our support to official products over the non-official no matter what.... :grin:



Considering many of the original creators of the 1984 figures are dead or in a nursing home, It's hard to respect the new owners of copyrights that have been bought and sold countless times. This renders the word "official" almost meaningless. On paper, Michael Jackson's family owns the copyrights to the Beatles music. But how many Beatles fans actually respect or even aknowledge that ownership ? Hasbro/Takara is nothing more than a company. The "support" needs to be given to the creators of the figures, not the corparate entity that funds their production.

With that being said, I think fan sites should show unbiased support for all companies in the market. Just because someone was first, doesnt make them the best. Just my opinion. ;)



Everyday u see tons of 3rd party news here at Seibertron front page... The staffs and Ryan have argued countless times that do we need to draw a line against these 3rd party companies... But we choose to be neutral and just carry out our duties to bring you the news, official or 3rd party...
Are we still bias in your opinion?

Supports? U think Ma**toys or T*C pay royalties to Diaclone or whoever for the rights of Devastator? Probably Hasbro or Takara did paid a dollar or two to them....

Also as the writer of this piece of news, i can't have my little passion towards this father of all combiners?


JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I'm not even gonna bother anymore... I'm just gonna say that's not how copyright works in the toy production world, and leave it at that >:oP

And wait... why would Hasbro want a slice of Takara's reissue pie?


Because Hasbro is the official distributor of Takara products outside Japan....
User avatar
Mach
News Staff
Posts: 2462
News Credits: 68
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 3:07 am
Location: Singapore/Malaysia
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby robofreak » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:42 am

Wow, this set looks absolutely beautiful. I'll probably be buying one if I get a chance.

I am a little sad that this doesn't use the 1984 toy catalog colors, but oh well. I have a G1 Devsatator and will probably use this one for the Junkion Blacksmith set.

And I agree with the talk of Diaclone colors. That would be sweet. Especially is they give us the little crystals and stuff that it came with.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.


ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
City Commander
Posts: 3147
News Credits: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:05 pm
Location: Phoenix

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:55 am

Trikeboy wrote:Why forget about Hercules or Giant, I have room on my shelf for them all.


Hercules and Giant: about $500 each.
Encore Devastator: $120.

Shelf space isn't the problem here.
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4594
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby kirbenvost » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:21 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Crapsicles. Just in time for me to not afford it. I thought I would be asking for it for Christmas, but that's not happening now...
Image
------------------------------
My Collection
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8701
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby MightyMagnus78 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:37 pm

Motto: ""Consistency is victory.""
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
I've been waiting nearly 25 years to get my hands on a Devastator gift set.

I pre-ordered him months ago from TFsource, and I can't wait till Christmas so I can finally get my hands on him.

I know reissues/Encores aren't everybody's cup of tea, but I'm just so happy he finally got a reissue. He really is awesome!
Image
User avatar
MightyMagnus78
Brainmaster
Posts: 1403
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:35 pm
Location: Cannock, Staffordshire, England
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby RhA » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:04 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
I'm gonna put my hands on my childhood dream.
Image
Latest TF: AOE Voyager Grimlock, AOE Leader Optimus Prime & AOE Crosshairs
User avatar
RhA
City Commander
Posts: 3920
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Underwhere
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby DMSL » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:17 pm

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
This set looks terrific. I have a complete vintage set that's in pretty great shape so i'll be getting this to keep boxed.
DMSL
Targetmaster
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:08 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby harrogatebantam31 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:14 pm

Motto: "Disorder and chaos are the natural positions of the universe...!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I have had mine pre-ordered for a couple of months and can't wait for his arrival. Finally the nightmare of accidentally purchasing a knock off set when I first got back into collecting can be put to rest.
User avatar
harrogatebantam31
Micromaster
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:54 pm
Location: Harrogate, UK
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby alternator77 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Motto: "we choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them"
Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
after ficking up predaking and piranacon my wifes getting me this guy. now all i need is to get my bruticus because lets be honest. as much as im loving all these 3rd party updates theres just no substitute for an original. now all we need is some autobot love.
alternator77
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:10 pm
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby tmk9883 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:42 pm

Looking good. I pre-ordered two sets from TF Source and am looking forward to displaying him next to Hercules. Never had him as a kid and couldnt pass it up.
tmk9883
Fuzor
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:36 am
Buy from tmk9883 on eBay

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby Rated X » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:12 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Mach wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Mach wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:Why forget about Hercules or Giant, I have room on my shelf for them all.


Well, as one of the top Transformers fan sites, we still have to show our support to official products over the non-official no matter what.... :grin:



Considering many of the original creators of the 1984 figures are dead or in a nursing home, It's hard to respect the new owners of copyrights that have been bought and sold countless times. This renders the word "official" almost meaningless. On paper, Michael Jackson's family owns the copyrights to the Beatles music. But how many Beatles fans actually respect or even aknowledge that ownership ? Hasbro/Takara is nothing more than a company. The "support" needs to be given to the creators of the figures, not the corparate entity that funds their production.

With that being said, I think fan sites should show unbiased support for all companies in the market. Just because someone was first, doesnt make them the best. Just my opinion. ;)



Everyday u see tons of 3rd party news here at Seibertron front page... The staffs and Ryan have argued countless times that do we need to draw a line against these 3rd party companies... But we choose to be neutral and just carry out our duties to bring you the news, official or 3rd party...
Are we still bias in your opinion?

Supports? U think Ma**toys or T*C pay royalties to Diaclone or whoever for the rights of Devastator? Probably Hasbro or Takara did paid a dollar or two to them....

Also as the writer of this piece of news, i can't have my little passion towards this father of all combiners?


JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I'm not even gonna bother anymore... I'm just gonna say that's not how copyright works in the toy production world, and leave it at that >:oP

And wait... why would Hasbro want a slice of Takara's reissue pie?


Because Hasbro is the official distributor of Takara products outside Japan....



I think my reply is not completely understood so let me try to clarify so nobody takes it the wrong way.
Two terms that I frown upon are “official” and “3rd party”. This is not 1986. It is almost 2012 and we have a 25 year franchise that has morphed into a fan based universe that has many different outlets. Some might argue that if Hasbro/Takara bought Fansproject tomorrow, Fansproject would become “official”. My question is: Why don’t you consider them “official” now ? Even CHMS is an “official” brand because it operates under the current laws of it’s country of orgin, China. The bottom line is a copyright can be owned by any smuck in a suit and tie. But who cares ? Obviously the Chinese government doesn’t care. So why should we ? As much as Hasbro/Takara complains about borderline copyright infringement from “3rd parties” based out of China, where do they base all their factories ? China of course. Gotta take advantage of those cheap laborers that will work for 25 cents an hour. Why pay American or Japanese factory workers that command higher wages ? That’s why I get irked when people jump to defend Hasbro/Takara over copyrights. Using the word “official” is a slap in the face to companies that give the fans what they want. Using the term “3rd party” is an insult to companies that are not only operating legally, but are major players in the game. Give them their props and stop using these 2 draconian terms from a bygone era. This is just my opinion and I don’t want to offend anyone. I just don’t pledge allegiance to somebody just because they own a stinkin paper. (copyright)

Opinions aside, you guys do a great job bringing us all the news. :D
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5608
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: In Package Images of Transformers Encore 20 Devastator

Postby Flux Convoy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:27 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Rated X wrote: (copyright)

Opinions aside, you guys do a great job bringing us all the news. :D


Here's the thing. Words have set meanings and definitions. If you choose to ignore them? That's on you and you're swimming against the current because you chose that. Transformers is a brand that is owned outright by Hasbro and Takara/Tomy. Products made by them are officially licensed product. Every one else doing their own thing? They don't have any controlling interest of the brand whatsoever and are completely unofficially released product based on the intellectual property owned by others. I'm not knocking them for doing what they do. Many 3rd party items are great. It doesn't change the fact that it's 3rd party stuff though.
:BOT:
Image
User avatar
Flux Convoy
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6530
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:59 am
Location: Spinning my wheels into the void.
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014