ioffer.com

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

ioffer.com

Postby gbm » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:04 pm

Anyone use IOFFER.com?

I am new to the site, and I can't help but be very impressed with the number of TF's (of all lines) they have; and at the prices they have them for.

What's the catch?
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: ioffer.com

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:14 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Used them once or twice without any problems but be aware that a lot of what they sell are KO's.
Image
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
User avatar
LOST Cybertronian
News Staff
Posts: 4128
News Credits: 27
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Wichita, KS
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: ioffer.com

Postby gbm » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:15 pm

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Used them once or twice without any problems but be aware that a lot of what they sell are KO's.



Are KOs the same as Reissues?

for example:
http://www.ioffer.com/i/transformers-g1 ... -382901474

and:
http://www.ioffer.com/i/transformers-g1 ... w-77557571

????
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: ioffer.com

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
gbm wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:Used them once or twice without any problems but be aware that a lot of what they sell are KO's.



Are KOs the same as Reissues?

for example:
http://www.ioffer.com/i/transformers-g1 ... -382901474

and:
http://www.ioffer.com/i/transformers-g1 ... w-77557571

????


They often use the word reissue instead of Knock Off. It sounds better but that is a knock off.

In the case of Mirage, it has never officially been reissued as the mold is reportedly broke or lost.
Image
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
User avatar
LOST Cybertronian
News Staff
Posts: 4128
News Credits: 27
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Wichita, KS
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: ioffer.com

Postby gbm » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:24 pm

LOST Cybertronian wrote:
gbm wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:Used them once or twice without any problems but be aware that a lot of what they sell are KO's.



Are KOs the same as Reissues?

for example:
http://www.ioffer.com/i/transformers-g1 ... -382901474

and:
http://www.ioffer.com/i/transformers-g1 ... w-77557571

????


They often use the word reissue instead of Knock Off. It sounds better but that is a knock off.

In the case of Mirage, it has never officially been reissued as the mold is reportedly broke or lost.


ok, so wait a sec....these are totally different from the "Commemorative" ones then?

What can I expect with KO/Reissues?
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: ioffer.com

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:28 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
gbm wrote:ok, so wait a sec....these are totally different then "Commemorative" ones?

What can I expect with KO/Reissues?


They are different as they are not made by Hasbro or Takara but a chinese KO company reverse engineering the molds. Can't comment on what to expect.

Commemorative/encore are made by Hasbro or Takara using the original toy molds.
Image
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
User avatar
LOST Cybertronian
News Staff
Posts: 4128
News Credits: 27
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Wichita, KS
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: ioffer.com

Postby gbm » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:39 pm

LOST Cybertronian wrote:
gbm wrote:ok, so wait a sec....these are totally different then "Commemorative" ones?

What can I expect with KO/Reissues?


They are different as they are not made by Hasbro or Takara but a chinese KO company reverse engineering the molds. Can't comment on what to expect.

Commemorative/encore are made by Hasbro or Takara using the original toy molds.



oh man, glad I asked.
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: ioffer.com

Postby FortMacs » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:17 am

Weapon: Gatling Cannon
My personal opinion is to avoid ioffer. had nothing but trouble from them. Wife lost 1,000 when trying to buy from that site. they shipped her an empty box.
Image
User avatar
FortMacs
City Commander
Posts: 3241
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 2:17 am
Location: charlotte, nc
Buy from FortMacs on eBay


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers MISB Starscream Masterpiece Japan Version Takara Decepticon - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 18 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers beast wars polar claw - Time Remaining: 3 days 18 hours 54 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Prime Takara AM-01 Arms Micron Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 54 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Thundercracker - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 9 minutes 49 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Action Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 15 hours 43 minutes 54 seconds
SDCC 2010 Exclusive Hasbro Might Muggs Transformers Prowl - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 13 minutes 49 seconds
HASBRO Transformers G1 Reissue Universe Autobot Beachcomber Legends Class - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 29 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers G1 Stunticons Menasor Vintage 1986 Hasbro Stunticon Combiner Lot - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 15 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks
Twincast / Podcast #159:
"Imperfect Specks"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, November 12th, 2016
Website Security Test