Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

J. J. Abrams will direct Star Wars Episode VII.

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Re: J. J. Abrams will direct Star Wars Episode VII.

Postby John Talbain » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:08 pm

Motto: "" My beauty beats both brain and brawn ""
I still like the original star wars trilogy though.

I own all of these 4 movies on VHS including Logan's run.
Image
John Talbain
Micromaster
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:50 am

Re: J. J. Abrams will direct Star Wars Episode VII.

Postby Burn » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:14 pm

Let's just go with new breed of spambot and ignore it.

Shadowman wrote:...kind of an odd thing to bring to the table, but to each his own I suppose.


Yeah but like most things, it still comes back on the writers.

This last season may have had some rather lackluster arcs (sorry R2, but you're little droid squad got boring) but arcs like Ahsoka's and the Obi-Wan/Mandalore arc really made up for them.

These are the people that need to be writing the movies.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38117
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: J. J. Abrams will direct Star Wars Episode VII.

Postby Shadowman » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Burn wrote:Let's just go with new breed of spambot and ignore it.

Shadowman wrote:...kind of an odd thing to bring to the table, but to each his own I suppose.


Yeah but like most things, it still comes back on the writers.

This last season may have had some rather lackluster arcs (sorry R2, but you're little droid squad got boring) but arcs like Ahsoka's and the Obi-Wan/Mandalore arc really made up for them.

These are the people that need to be writing the movies.


The season has been hit-and-miss. It was either really boring (Please get off Onderon already!) or mind-blowingly amazing. (Sidious vs. Maul and Savage) On the other hand, they did have that shout-out to Republic Commando, that made the whole Droid Squad thing worth it.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28794
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: J. J. Abrams will direct Star Wars Episode VII.

Postby Burn » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:55 pm

That really is the first time we've seen Sideous close to being fully unleashed isn't it?
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38117
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: J. J. Abrams will direct Star Wars Episode VII.

Postby Shadowman » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:09 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Burn wrote:That really is the first time we've seen Sideous close to being fully unleashed isn't it?


And then suddenly it makes sense how he was able to wipe the floor with four Jedi Masters. (Or wipe the floor with three, then pull his punches against the fourth so he can have Anakin finish the job) I think part of it comes from, being a CG model, he's not constrained by having an old man as an actor.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28794
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: J. J. Abrams will direct Star Wars Episode VII.

Postby d_sel1 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:20 pm

Motto: "Where is this global warming that scientists talk about this winter?"
Weapon: Neptune Sword
John Talbain wrote:Yet Star Wars is not as good as Logan's Run.


To throw in another non-sequitir (?) statement, the last scene(s) of Logan's Run was shot in the Water Gardens in Fort Worth, TX. Spent a lot of time there.
User avatar
d_sel1
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:09 pm
Location: Suburban Mount Sterling, IL
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 1

Re: J. J. Abrams will direct Star Wars Episode VII.

Postby njb902 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:34 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Burn wrote:That really is the first time we've seen Sideous close to being fully unleashed isn't it?


And then suddenly it makes sense how he was able to wipe the floor with four Jedi Masters. (Or wipe the floor with three, then pull his punches against the fourth so he can have Anakin finish the job) I think part of it comes from, being a CG model, he's not constrained by having an old man as an actor.


Makes Yoda look a bit more formidable as well.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: J. J. Abrams will direct Star Wars Episode VII.

Postby Burn » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:18 am

Shadowman wrote:
Burn wrote:That really is the first time we've seen Sideous close to being fully unleashed isn't it?


And then suddenly it makes sense how he was able to wipe the floor with four Jedi Masters. (Or wipe the floor with three, then pull his punches against the fourth so he can have Anakin finish the job) I think part of it comes from, being a CG model, he's not constrained by having an old man as an actor.


Movie wise I guess he didn't have to let loose as he was all about manipulating others.

Maul and Savage however, that was just pure dark side fuelled revenge.

CG aside, they could easily have someone more younger and agile stand in for him if they'd wanted to.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38117
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014