Jetfire has the power to use the spacebridge, how?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Jetfire has the power to use the spacebridge, how?

Postby LadyBug » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:02 pm

I was rewatching Return of the Fallen tonight and I just realized that Jetfire has the power/ability to use the spacebridge. Yet, as we learned in Dark of the Moon that the spacebridge's inventor/creator was Sentinel Prime; which you needed pillars to activate it. How can Jetfire activate the spacebridge without it? And why is he the only "Autobot" that has that ability? Or am I just over-analyzing Bay's movies too much?
User avatar
LadyBug
Vehicon
Posts: 307
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Jetfire has the power to use the spacebridge, how?

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:37 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
LadyBug wrote:Or am I just over-analyzing Bay's movies too much?


Like so many others... :roll: It can be assumed that the two Space Bridges are of two separate natures, but use the same principle; a network for teleportation. The two natures I dub "RPG Warping" and "Sci-Fi Beaming"

Jetfire had the teleportation ability built in (maybe because he was a Seeker), but as demonstrated it can be unreliable if the user's memory isn't clear or just plain busted (warping in fiction often relies on memories in order to work properly). The Fallen has a similar feature, and uses it to greater effect.
Sentinel Prime's method is more simple, but a bit more limited. Using the pillar system forgoes the memory problem, but limits the potential trajectory to between a mere two points. In some cases that's actually a pro since it limits the risk of landing in the wrong spot, or even the wrong planet.

I'm not sure whichever came first, but I am certain that Jetfire and Sentinel Prime have their own methods of access to the Space Bridge.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17251
News Credits: 22
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Jetfire has the power to use the spacebridge, how?

Postby LadyBug » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:46 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
LadyBug wrote:Or am I just over-analyzing Bay's movies too much?


Like so many others... :roll: It can be assumed that the two Space Bridges are of two separate natures, but use the same principle; a network for teleportation. The two natures I dub "RPG Warping" and "Sci-Fi Beaming"

Jetfire had the teleportation ability built in (maybe because he was a Seeker), but as demonstrated it can be unreliable if the user's memory isn't clear or just plain busted (warping in fiction often relies on memories in order to work properly). The Fallen has a similar feature, and uses it to greater effect.
Sentinel Prime's method is more simple, but a bit more limited. Using the pillar system forgoes the memory problem, but limits the potential trajectory to between a mere two points. In some cases that's actually a pro since it limits the risk of landing in the wrong spot, or even the wrong planet.

I'm not sure whichever came first, but I am certain that Jetfire and Sentinel Prime have their own methods of access to the Space Bridge.


Thank you. That actually helps clarify it a bit. ^^
User avatar
LadyBug
Vehicon
Posts: 307
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Jetfire has the power to use the spacebridge, how?

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:55 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
LadyBug wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
LadyBug wrote:Or am I just over-analyzing Bay's movies too much?


Like so many others... :roll: It can be assumed that the two Space Bridges are of two separate natures, but use the same principle; a network for teleportation. The two natures I dub "RPG Warping" and "Sci-Fi Beaming"

Jetfire had the teleportation ability built in (maybe because he was a Seeker), but as demonstrated it can be unreliable if the user's memory isn't clear or just plain busted (warping in fiction often relies on memories in order to work properly). The Fallen has a similar feature, and uses it to greater effect.
Sentinel Prime's method is more simple, but a bit more limited. Using the pillar system forgoes the memory problem, but limits the potential trajectory to between a mere two points. In some cases that's actually a pro since it limits the risk of landing in the wrong spot, or even the wrong planet.

I'm not sure whichever came first, but I am certain that Jetfire and Sentinel Prime have their own methods of access to the Space Bridge.


Thank you. That actually helps clarify it a bit. ^^


Reading a bit into it more, it turns out Jetfire's version came first, but was phased out with the high rate of failure.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17251
News Credits: 22
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Jetfire has the power to use the spacebridge, how?

Postby TulioDude » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Space-Bridge was the technology of the Dinasty of Primes and the seekers.
Sentinel was genius a genius because he re-discovered and re-made the technology.
Image
TulioDude is back!Now more social than ever!Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Jetfire has the power to use the spacebridge, how?

Postby KingEmperor » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:11 pm

Weapon: Sniper Rifle
TulioDude wrote:Space-Bridge was the technology of the Dinasty of Primes and the seekers.
Sentinel was genius a genius because he re-discovered and re-made the technology.

This.
\m/
KingEmperor
Targetmaster
Posts: 608
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:33 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED TA-41 SUPREME CLASS ROLL OUT OPTIMUS PRIME METALLIC - Time Remaining: 3 days 17 hours 11 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers 1993 G2 Dinobot "SLAG" Green Variant 100% complete G1 - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 59 minutes 31 seconds
MISB in USA - Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-28 Hot Rodimus G1 - IN HAND - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 17 minutes 28 seconds
Hasbro 215 TRANSFORMERS Generations Combiner Wars HOT SPOT Protectobot VOYAGER - Time Remaining: 4 days 19 hours 2 minutes 35 seconds
Hasbro Vintage G1 Transformers OUTBACK Autobot Minicar COMPLETE with Tech Specs! - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 47 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers G1 Terrorcon Hun-Grrr Abominus Action Figure 1987 Hasbro Takara - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 38 minutes 3 seconds
TRANSFORMERS HENKEI CLASSIC C-03 AUTOBOT GRIMLOCK - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 58 minutes 12 seconds
transformers beast hunters abominus and transformers generation sky-byte - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 29 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #151 - SDCC 2016
Twincast / Podcast #151:
"SDCC 2016"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 24th, 2016