Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby El Duque » Wed May 16, 2012 11:18 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Artist Ken Christiansen has update his blog, Bad Flip Productions, with an image of Cybertron he created for Hasbro's Transformers Dark of the Moon marketing campaign. Only the top third of the image made onto the "Power of the Primes" displays that showed up at Wal-Mart. Here's the full image.

Ken Christiansen wrote:Not totally accurate with how it appeared in the film - but it was for Hasbro's toy marketing, and I think it works as a pretty cool toy version of movie Cybertron.


Image

Image
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby #Sideways# » Wed May 16, 2012 11:27 am

Motto: "If the ends justify the means, then life is just about as meaningless to you than the cause you think so highly of."
Weapon: Rapid-Fire Sonic Shell Cannons
Oh, so it wasn't Polyhex that went through the Space Bridge, it was Cybertron that looks like that... Ohhh...

Looks pretty okay, but is it me, or is part of that indented? Is that just a planetary scar?
Image

"I don't stink, but I am silent but deadly!" ~One of the many reasons I like Sideways.
User avatar
#Sideways#
Brainmaster
Posts: 1423
News Credits: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: Planet X
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby GEEWUN » Wed May 16, 2012 11:39 am

Motto: ""I'm not Psychotic... just Crazy!!!""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Cybertron should look like this: Image

Or even this: Image



Not this: Image
Image
User avatar
GEEWUN
Pretender
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:38 pm
Location: classified
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby BeastProwl » Wed May 16, 2012 11:46 am

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Funny thing is, Cybertron looked different in the first film.
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6077
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed May 16, 2012 12:18 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
i would accept that as one of the moons but not cybertron, i can see why it wasnt used
PSN: MegatronWolf
Current TF count: 1540

Image
User avatar
Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
Posts: 4714
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:30 pm
Location: New York
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Shadowman » Wed May 16, 2012 12:18 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
GEEWUN wrote:Cybertron should look like this


So...what, you just started when WfC rolled around or something? You know, Cybertron never, ever looks the same twice, right?

G1 cartoon
G1 Marvel Comics
Beast Wars
Beast Machines
Beast Machines again
RID
Dreamwave
Armada
Energon
Cybertron...or Galaxy Force if you don't want this to be too confusing
IDW
Universe
'07 movie
Animated
War for Cybertron
Prime (The ONLY instance if Cybertron's design remaining the same between series)

BeastProwl wrote:Funny thing is, Cybertron looked different in the first film.


We never really saw Cybertron in the first movie, just that bit of promotional material.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28848
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
While wasn't in the movie itself, let's not forget this. ;)

Image
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16923
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby New Omen » Wed May 16, 2012 1:44 pm

Motto: "Beyond good. Beyond evil. Beyond your wildest motto."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
So Hasbro's plan was to have this in the background and a tonne of shelfwarming Bumblebees around the "hive". Sorta makes sense, but what was hasbro trying to tell us :-?

:HALUC: OFF TO SHOP TO BUY HONEY. I'LL BE BACK TOMORROW... :HALUC:
User avatar
New Omen
Godmaster
Posts: 1542
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:30 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 3
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed May 16, 2012 1:47 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Thats seriously lame. Sure Cybertron looked different a bunch, but hell even the oldschool 80s renditions were more complicated and creative than this. With all the movies over complication of robot designs, they decided to crap out on the one place its warranted. Movies just got so much wrong, its insane.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Hotrodimust » Wed May 16, 2012 2:44 pm

GEEWUN wrote:Cybertron should look like this: Image

Or even this: Image



Not this: Image

I thank you for giving me my 7 scuckles of the day and I totally agree with you the first 2 pics are cybertron not the bees hive
Hotrodimust
Combiner
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 pm
Watch Hotrodimust on YouTube
Buy from Hotrodimust on eBay

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Shadowman » Wed May 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
MINDVVIPE wrote:Thats seriously lame. Sure Cybertron looked different a bunch, but hell even the oldschool 80s renditions were more complicated and creative than this. With all the movies over complication of robot designs, they decided to crap out on the one place its warranted. Movies just got so much wrong, its insane.


Clearly you an I have very different definitions of "complicated." For instance, a massive multilayer series of netting of variable sized is complicated to me. A planet where half of the surface is perfectly flat and smooth and the rest is a bunch of random city-like structures, not nearly as complicated.

Hotrodimust wrote:I thank you for giving me my 7 scuckles of the day and I totally agree with you the first 2 pics are cybertron not the bees hive


So what are the pictures I posted of? Because they didn't look anything like the two he posted.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28848
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed May 16, 2012 3:29 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
[quote="Shadowman"]
Clearly you an I have very different definitions of "complicated." For instance, a massive multilayer series of netting of variable sized is complicated to me. A planet where half of the surface is perfectly flat and smooth and the rest is a bunch of random city-like structures, not nearly as complicated.

Lets make this simple. Symmetry means its simpler, asymmetry helps making it complicated. If it were a cg model, the texture would be a boring tiled one. A perfectly flat surface that has a unique size and shape, and is scattered in what would appear as random placements, plus the multple levels of depth from the surfaces, that aren't really fully flat, but just seem that way from far, and add the recesses that show through the cracks, and the crazy almost random connections of pathways and lower level turbines and buildings. Ya, thats complicted. An exact same angle that is seen all over an entire planet that had its roots from something living and not built as per design, is boring and simple and uncreative. The netting you mention is only changing in size and level. Thats the most boring look when compared to any other rendition of cybertron who had that, PLUS all the random other stuff like towers and so on and so forth.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Hotrodimust » Wed May 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Shadowman wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Thats seriously lame. Sure Cybertron looked different a bunch, but hell even the oldschool 80s renditions were more complicated and creative than this. With all the movies over complication of robot designs, they decided to crap out on the one place its warranted. Movies just got so much wrong, its insane.


Clearly you an I have very different definitions of "complicated." For instance, a massive multilayer series of netting of variable sized is complicated to me. A planet where half of the surface is perfectly flat and smooth and the rest is a bunch of random city-like structures, not nearly as complicated.

Hotrodimust wrote:I thank you for giving me my 7 scuckles of the day and I totally agree with you the first 2 pics are cybertron not the bees hive


So what are the pictures I posted of? Because they didn't look anything like the two he posted.

The 2 of cybertron then a boxes of honey comes who ever posted that it was great
Hotrodimust
Combiner
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 pm
Watch Hotrodimust on YouTube
Buy from Hotrodimust on eBay

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Shadowman » Wed May 16, 2012 3:40 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Well, that's your opinion, sure. I happen to think this is vastly more complicated than any other version of Cybertron. Much more detail while at the same time the deeper levels still appear coherent, not simply random details, giving the planet the image of a massive series of net-like pathways and passages right down to the planet's core.

The whole design makes a ton of sense when you really think about it. It's randomized, but uniform at the same time, reflecting the inhabitants (Robots, which are famously logic-fueled) while the honey-comb appearance reflects their somewhat insectoid designs. It all comes together; a big hive, as built by robot bugs.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28848
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Capt.Failure » Wed May 16, 2012 3:41 pm

Shadowman wrote:
GEEWUN wrote:Cybertron should look like this


So...what, you just started when WfC rolled around or something? You know, Cybertron never, ever looks the same twice, right?

G1 cartoon
G1 Marvel Comics
Beast Wars
Beast Machines
Beast Machines again
RID
Dreamwave
Armada
Energon
Cybertron...or Galaxy Force if you don't want this to be too confusing
IDW
Universe
'07 movie
Animated
War for Cybertron
Prime (The ONLY instance if Cybertron's design remaining the same between series)

BeastProwl wrote:Funny thing is, Cybertron looked different in the first film.


We never really saw Cybertron in the first movie, just that bit of promotional material.


I love how everyone is ignoring this post, aka the proof that Cybertron has no set "look," because it invalidates their childish whining. We got some real argumentative winners on this forum, I tell you what. :APPLAUSE: :roll:
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Hotrodimust » Wed May 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Shadowman wrote:Well, that's your opinion, sure. I happen to think this is vastly more complicated than any other version of Cybertron. Much more detail while at the same time the deeper levels still appear coherent, not simply random details, giving the planet the image of a massive series of net-like pathways and passages right down to the planet's core.

The whole design makes a ton of sense when you really think about it. It's randomized, but uniform at the same time, reflecting the inhabitants (Robots, which are famously logic-fueled) while the honey-comb appearance reflects their somewhat insectoid designs. It all comes together; a big hive, as built by robot bugs.

But they are not bugs and other designs of cybertron were multi leveled. Cybertron has buildings on it like in iacon I don't see buildings in the honey comb
Hotrodimust
Combiner
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 pm
Watch Hotrodimust on YouTube
Buy from Hotrodimust on eBay

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed May 16, 2012 3:52 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
whos whining? you guys are pretty sad how you get so riled up just because someone like me decides to talk about how something sucks compared to something that doesn't. Its not like I'm trying to convince you all, just doing what forums were meant for; discussion.
Obviously Cybertron has no "set" look, its always been fairly random in how each artists decides a world of machines would look. As for the whole bee hive thing, it makes them much less like a city, and more like insects. These aren't the machines from the matrix. And hell, even their "world" that was built in the animatrix wasn't uniform in any way. Logic doesn't mean it has to look tiled. The hive look just seems ****** when all the robots think differently and make things differently. Its not like the planet hadn't undergone changes over its looonng life span. Finally, something created naturally would tend to look random (as if cybertron was the actual body of Primus), and even though you might say that hives are a naturally occuring structure, it still just ends up doing less to aid the credibility of Cybertronians being a natural offspring of the planet, but leans more towards them being built in an assembly line (the G1 backstory, I know)
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Shadowman » Wed May 16, 2012 3:56 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Hotrodimust wrote:But they are not bugs


Insectoid. It means "bug-like," and yeah, they do look buglike. Starscream is the biggest example, Decepticon ships in DOTM also had hulls that looked like a beetle's carapace. Their young are shown in clusters of translucent eggs on stalks, even.

Hotrodimust wrote:and other designs of cybertron were multi leveled.


Well, sort of. They had some depths but you couldn't really see or tell what was down there.

Hotrodimust wrote:Cybertron has buildings on it like in iacon I don't see buildings in the honey comb


Which Cybertron? We've been over this, the design changes in every series, sometimes the design changes within the series itself, so you have to be specific. Still, out of all the designs I've seen, (And posted!) only some of them have random details that kinda-sorta look like buildings. The rest look like metal balls with random generic detailing.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28848
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed May 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
I guess I forgot we were talking about the movie Cybertron. Who even cares, the movies are a joke. The only Cybertron that matters to me is the one seen in WFC, the comics, G1, pretty much anything but the movies. But ya, since they are so overly buglike in the movies, the hive can work, even though I still think it reaks of uncreativity.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Hotrodimust » Wed May 16, 2012 4:10 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Hotrodimust wrote:But they are not bugs


Insectoid. It means "bug-like," and yeah, they do look buglike. Starscream is the biggest example, Decepticon ships in DOTM also had hulls that looked like a beetle's carapace. Their young are shown in clusters of translucent eggs on stalks, even.

Hotrodimust wrote:and other designs of cybertron were multi leveled.


Well, sort of. They had some depths but you couldn't really see or tell what was down there.

Hotrodimust wrote:Cybertron has buildings on it like in iacon I don't see buildings in the honey comb


Which Cybertron? We've been over this, the design changes in every series, sometimes the design changes within the series itself, so you have to be specific. Still, out of all the designs I've seen, (And posted!) only some of them have random details that kinda-sorta look like buildings. The rest look like metal balls with random generic detailing.

Ya in the movies they do kinda look like bugs I'll give you that. And none of the cybertrons can you actually see down their but if you look at some of the drawings from Wic they do show a lot of multi layered civilization and almost every pic of cybertron has a large looking city on it and a part that looks like a hole and I said most not all. But I think the best look at the landscape would be thru the video games and it's illustrations
Hotrodimust
Combiner
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 pm
Watch Hotrodimust on YouTube
Buy from Hotrodimust on eBay

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Hotrodimust » Wed May 16, 2012 4:12 pm

Hotrodimust wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Hotrodimust wrote:But they are not bugs


Insectoid. It means "bug-like," and yeah, they do look buglike. Starscream is the biggest example, Decepticon ships in DOTM also had hulls that looked like a beetle's carapace. Their young are shown in clusters of translucent eggs on stalks, even.

Hotrodimust wrote:and other designs of cybertron were multi leveled.


Well, sort of. They had some depths but you couldn't really see or tell what was down there.

Hotrodimust wrote:Cybertron has buildings on it like in iacon I don't see buildings in the honey comb


Which Cybertron? We've been over this, the design changes in every series, sometimes the design changes within the series itself, so you have to be specific. Still, out of all the designs I've seen, (And posted!) only some of them have random details that kinda-sorta look like buildings. The rest look like metal balls with random generic detailing.

Ya in the movies they do kinda look like bugs I'll give you that. And none of the cybertrons can you actually see down their but if you look at some of the drawings from Wic they do show a lot of multi layered civilization and almost every pic of cybertron has a large looking city on it and a part that looks like a hole and I said most not all. But I think the best look at the landscape would be thru the video games and it's illustrations

And I know it meant bug like lol
Hotrodimust
Combiner
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 pm
Watch Hotrodimust on YouTube
Buy from Hotrodimust on eBay

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed May 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Anyone else remember in ROTF when The Fallen referred to Earth as "the human hive"? Now we know, because Cybertron was a hive looking planet.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4011
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Hotrodimust » Wed May 16, 2012 5:00 pm

Hotrodimust wrote:
Hotrodimust wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Hotrodimust wrote:But they are not bugs


Insectoid. It means "bug-like," and yeah, they do look buglike. Starscream is the biggest example, Decepticon ships in DOTM also had hulls that looked like a beetle's carapace. Their young are shown in clusters of translucent eggs on stalks, even.

Hotrodimust wrote:and other designs of cybertron were multi leveled.


Well, sort of. They had some depths but you couldn't really see or tell what was down there.

Hotrodimust wrote:Cybertron has buildings on it like in iacon I don't see buildings in the honey comb


Which Cybertron? We've been over this, the design changes in every series, sometimes the design changes within the series itself, so you have to be specific. Still, out of all the designs I've seen, (And posted!) only some of them have random details that kinda-sorta look like buildings. The rest look like metal balls with random generic detailing.

Ya in the movies they do kinda look like bugs I'll give you that. And none of the cybertrons can you actually see down their but if you look at some of the drawings from Wfc they do show a lot of multi layered civilization and almost every pic of cybertron has a large looking city on it and a part that looks like a hole and I said most not all. But I think the best look at the landscape would be thru the video games and it's illustrations

And I know it meant bug like lol
Hotrodimust
Combiner
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 pm
Watch Hotrodimust on YouTube
Buy from Hotrodimust on eBay

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Capt.Failure » Wed May 16, 2012 6:50 pm

MINDVVIPE wrote:I guess I forgot we were talking about the movie Cybertron. Who even cares, the movies are a joke. The only Cybertron that matters to me is the one seen in WFC, the comics, G1, pretty much anything but the movies. But ya, since they are so overly buglike in the movies, the hive can work, even though I still think it reaks of uncreativity.


Let me simplify this statement: "The only Cybertron that matters is the multitude of various redesigns from the series that I like as part of my No True Scottsman view of the series, since the parts of it I don't like aren't TRUE Transformers shows."

Pardon me while I laugh at you. True Fans are the real joke here, not the movies. :lol:
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Hotrodimust » Wed May 16, 2012 6:57 pm

Capt.Failure wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:I guess I forgot we were talking about the movie Cybertron. Who even cares, the movies are a joke. The only Cybertron that matters to me is the one seen in WFC, the comics, G1, pretty much anything but the movies. But ya, since they are so overly buglike in the movies, the hive can work, even though I still think it reaks of uncreativity.


Let me simplify this statement: "The only Cybertron that matters is the multitude of various redesigns from the series that I like as part of my No True Scottsman view of the series, since the parts of it I don't like aren't TRUE Transformers shows."

Pardon me while I laugh at you. True Fans are the real joke here, not the movies. :lol:

That's ugly I'm a true fan I I enjoyed the movies for just the movie aspect as far as looks I can care less about the movie characters and design. I like and love the g1 comics and WFC looks oh and prime it's not bit at all. But I also don't bash everything that is not g1 comic and WFC like some of the hard core g1 fans I love everything TFs some just less than others so please don't say true fans are the real joke. It's really the people that just can't let go and move on lol
Hotrodimust
Combiner
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 pm
Watch Hotrodimust on YouTube
Buy from Hotrodimust on eBay

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum