Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Hotrodimust » Wed May 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Hotrodimust wrote:so please don't say true fans are the real joke.


The concept of a "true fan" is a real joke. Calling oneself a "true fan" implies that you're better than other fans, or that there are people who are "false fans." It has as lot more impact here, we dealt with the term a lot around '07. "True fan" was meant as "I'm right, and if you disagree, you obviously aren't a true fan."

No I consider a true fan to enjoy and give a chance to anything that has the transformer label on it. Like I tried to watch rescue bots it's to kiddy but the character look ok and I got my daughter all the toys I don't talk crap about it. And I just don't collect TF toys I collect everything TF it doesn't mean I'm a better fan than you I'm just kinda true to the brand you will not see me wear a gobots shirt lol. to tell you the truth I don't give a sh#t what you like an the only reason I even come on these forums is to talk about TFs if I had a couple friends that were actually in my life that liked TF past watching the movies I wouldn't even be on here.And a true fan knows the TFs history and watched one of the shows when he or she was a kid and didn't jump on board when the movies came out unless you were a kid when the started. Kinda like everyone got into tuning cars when the fast and furious came out and then there were the kids already on the scene enjoying it. the the **** movie ruined it for us with every a$$hole putting a muffler on his car trying to race his civic
Hotrodimust
Combiner
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 pm
Watch Hotrodimust on YouTube
Buy from Hotrodimust on eBay

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed May 16, 2012 7:39 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Thats fair to say, showing the same cybertron over and over isn't terribly creative in and of itself. I just feel theres more neat stuff thats possible given how crazy Cybertron already is. Look at what WFC did with its transforming highways. Looks like theres going to be an insane new amount of cool stuff in FoC in regards to the landscapes of Cybertron. Especially looking forward to battling around the remains of dead Giant Transformers.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2287
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Bouncy X » Wed May 16, 2012 7:49 pm

Shadowman wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:Funny thing is, Cybertron looked different in the first film.


We never really saw Cybertron in the first movie, just that bit of promotional material.


we actually get a really detailed look in the first movie during Prime's little holographic "light show" to the kids. and as someone else stated, it looks nothing like we see in the 3rd movie. but my personal explanation was that what we saw in the first movie was just lower down on the actual planet and the honeycomb thing was just much higher, maybe some barrier or pseudo physical atmosphere type thing....lame but it works. lol
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
User avatar
Bouncy X
Pretender
Posts: 745
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:49 pm

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 16, 2012 7:50 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Hotrodimust wrote:No I consider a true fan to enjoy and give a chance to anything that has the transformer label on it.
No, that's just a "fan", not a "true fan". A "true fan" is something so contrversial that it's best that it doesn't exist. No one should ever be a "true fan".

Hotrodimust wrote:And a true fan knows the TFs history and watched one of the shows when he or she was a kid and didn't jump on board when the movies came out unless you were a kid when the started.
Wait, what? You're saying that fans are only those who watched the shows as kids and/or know the TF history?

Dude, there are several fans who did not watch Transformers cartoon as children and instead become fans as teens or adults.

And there are even those fans who do NOT know the TF history as they are only "casual fans" rather than "die-hard fans", yet they are still "fans" nonetheless.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17700
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 16, 2012 7:52 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Bouncy X wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:Funny thing is, Cybertron looked different in the first film.


We never really saw Cybertron in the first movie, just that bit of promotional material.


we actually get a really detailed look in the first movie during Prime's little holographic "light show" to the kids.
He means we never a full look at the planet's globe from outer space in the movie. Specifically, the first movie never showed us this:

Image
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17700
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Capt.Failure » Wed May 16, 2012 7:53 pm

Hotrodimust wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:I guess I forgot we were talking about the movie Cybertron. Who even cares, the movies are a joke. The only Cybertron that matters to me is the one seen in WFC, the comics, G1, pretty much anything but the movies. But ya, since they are so overly buglike in the movies, the hive can work, even though I still think it reaks of uncreativity.


Let me simplify this statement: "The only Cybertron that matters is the multitude of various redesigns from the series that I like as part of my No True Scottsman view of the series, since the parts of it I don't like aren't TRUE Transformers shows."

Pardon me while I laugh at you. True Fans are the real joke here, not the movies. :lol:

That's ugly I'm a true fan I I enjoyed the movies for just the movie aspect as far as looks I can care less about the movie characters and design. I like and love the g1 comics and WFC looks oh and prime it's not bit at all. But I also don't bash everything that is not g1 comic and WFC like some of the hard core g1 fans I love everything TFs some just less than others so please don't say true fans are the real joke. It's really the people that just can't let go and move on lol


My point is the people stating that the movie design of Cybertron isn't "the real one," the "proper one," or the "true one." There is no set design of Cybertron and there never has been. You can dislike this one all you want for it's assorted design quirks, that's just normal to have opinions. To try and say it doesn't count as legitimate because it's from the movies is the height of fallacious logic.

Now granted I cannot take you seriously since you immediately call yourself a True Fan. There are not True Fans, only fans.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Hotrodimust » Wed May 16, 2012 7:53 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Hotrodimust wrote:No I consider a true fan to enjoy and give a chance to anything that has the transformer label on it.
No, that's just a "fan", not a "true fan". A "true fan" is something so contrversial that it's best that it doesn't exist. No one should ever be a "true fan".

Hotrodimust wrote:And a true fan knows the TFs history and watched one of the shows when he or she was a kid and didn't jump on board when the movies came out unless you were a kid when the started.
Wait, what? You're saying that fans are only those who watched the shows as kids and/or know the TF history?

Dude, there are several fans who did not watch Transformers cartoon as children and instead become fans as teens or adults.

And there are even those fans who do NOT know the TF history as they are only "casual fans" rather than "die-hard fans", yet they are still "fans" nonetheless.

So but you are using the term die hard fan saying u are more of a fan than a casual fan sounds like just another way to say true fan bro u argue until u can feel like ur right at everything that is said have a nice night get over it true fan
Hotrodimust
Combiner
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 pm
Watch Hotrodimust on YouTube
Buy from Hotrodimust on eBay

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Capt.Failure » Wed May 16, 2012 7:56 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Hotrodimust wrote:No I consider a true fan to enjoy and give a chance to anything that has the transformer label on it.
No, that's just a "fan", not a "true fan". A "true fan" is something so contrversial that it's best that it doesn't exist. No one should ever be a "true fan".

Hotrodimust wrote:And a true fan knows the TFs history and watched one of the shows when he or she was a kid and didn't jump on board when the movies came out unless you were a kid when the started.
Wait, what? You're saying that fans are only those who watched the shows as kids and/or know the TF history?

Dude, there are several fans who did not watch Transformers cartoon as children and instead become fans as teens or adults.

And there are even those fans who do NOT know the TF history as they are only "casual fans" rather than "die-hard fans", yet they are still "fans" nonetheless.


Sabor, all you had to post was this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... ueScotsman

No True Scotsman is an intentional logical fallacy which involves the act of setting up standards for a particular scenario, then redefining those same standards in order to exclude a particular outcome.

The Trope Namer and prime example of this sort of behavior is a hypothetical scenario (first told by British philosopher Antony Flew in his 1975 book Thinking About Thinking) in which a Scotsman reads about a horrible crime in the newspaper that takes place in the English town of Brighton and smugly thinks to himself, "No Scotsman would ever do such a thing." Something much worse happens in nearby Aberdeen and is reported on the next day. Rather than admit that he's wrong, he instead thinks, "No true Scotsman would ever do such a thing." In this case, he is going from "someone who lives in Scotland" to "someone that meets my standard of Scottish behavior."
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Hotrodimust » Wed May 16, 2012 7:59 pm

Hotrodimust wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Hotrodimust wrote:No I consider a true fan to enjoy and give a chance to anything that has the transformer label on it.
No, that's just a "fan", not a "true fan". A "true fan" is something so contrversial that it's best that it doesn't exist. No one should ever be a "true fan".

Hotrodimust wrote:And a true fan knows the TFs history and watched one of the shows when he or she was a kid and didn't jump on board when the movies came out unless you were a kid when the started.
Wait, what? You're saying that fans are only those who watched the shows as kids and/or know the TF history?

Dude, there are several fans who did not watch Transformers cartoon as children and instead become fans as teens or adults.

And there are even those fans who do NOT know the TF history as they are only "casual fans" rather than "die-hard fans", yet they are still "fans" nonetheless.

So but you are using the term die hard fan saying u are more of a fan than a casual fan sounds like just another way to say true fan bro u argue until u can feel like ur right at everything that is said have a nice night get over it true fan

Ok I'll change what I call it I'm a die-hard fan call me brue
Hotrodimust
Combiner
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 pm
Watch Hotrodimust on YouTube
Buy from Hotrodimust on eBay

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed May 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Capt.Failure wrote: To try and say it doesn't count as legitimate because it's from the movies is the height of fallacious logic.


No one said that. What I was saying is that the movies suck, and so its no surprise to me that their idea of Cybertron sucks, as it seems like a downgrade, just like a bunch of other aspects of the movie.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2287
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Hotrodimust » Wed May 16, 2012 8:06 pm

MINDVVIPE wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote: To try and say it doesn't count as legitimate because it's from the movies is the height of fallacious logic.


No one said that. What I was saying is that the movies suck, and so its no surprise to me that their idea of Cybertron sucks, as it seems like a downgrade, just like a bunch of other aspects of the movie.

Your not gonna get your point across because obviously these to are the sharpest tools in the shed
Hotrodimust
Combiner
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 pm
Watch Hotrodimust on YouTube
Buy from Hotrodimust on eBay

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Capt.Failure » Wed May 16, 2012 8:06 pm

MINDVVIPE wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote: To try and say it doesn't count as legitimate because it's from the movies is the height of fallacious logic.


No one said that. What I was saying is that the movies suck, and so its no surprise to me that their idea of Cybertron sucks, as it seems like a downgrade, just like a bunch of other aspects of the movie in my opinion.


Fixed that for you. You'll find people more agreeable when you don't state opinions as facts.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed May 16, 2012 8:09 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Brav-o :APPLAUSE:
Its funny coz I even commented about what you just did a few posts back.
:lol:
Hey, in my opinion, I don't consider that my opinion, its a fact.
This should be obvious from the get-go. I'm not looking for agreeability. I'm just here to call it like I sees it.
Last edited by MINDVVIPE on Wed May 16, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2287
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Capt.Failure » Wed May 16, 2012 8:11 pm

MINDVVIPE wrote:Brav-o :APPLAUSE:
Its funny coz I even commented about what you just did a few posts back.
:lol:
Hey, in my opinion, I don't consider that my opinion, its a fact.
:lol:


I'm sure the little world you live in were you're important is very nice. Now leave the thread so adults can talk. >:oP
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Hotrodimust » Wed May 16, 2012 8:15 pm

Capt.Failure wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Brav-o :APPLAUSE:
Its funny coz I even commented about what you just did a few posts back.
:lol:
Hey, in my opinion, I don't consider that my opinion, its a fact.
:lol:


I'm sure the little world you live in were you're important is very nice. Now leave the thread so adults can talk. >:oP[/
And you must be the king of the castle in yours have a nice night adults I'm sure we will repeat this tomorrow as soon as some says anything about what they think in their opinion
Hotrodimust
Combiner
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 pm
Watch Hotrodimust on YouTube
Buy from Hotrodimust on eBay

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 16, 2012 8:22 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Hotrodimust wrote:So but you are using the term die hard fan saying u are more of a fan than a casual fan sounds like just another way to say true fan bro u argue until u can feel like ur right at everything that is said have a nice night get over it true fan
That's different. A "die-hard fan" is a fan who feels the need to really invest him/herself in their his/her interest, wanting to know more and more about it so he/she can experience as much as possible. Whereas a "casual fan" is a fan who does not feel this need and that it perfectly acceptable.

A "true fan", like shadowman said, invokes a connotation of superiority in which one fan who considers him/herself a "true fan" condemns anyone whom he/she deems unworthy of being a fan.

"Die-hard fans" and "casual fans" are just as much fans as each other. The only difference between each is how invested in the interest each is. A casual fan can be someone who only watches the current cartoon (rather than all of them), or only collect the few toys they like (rather than as many as possible), or whatever else. Doesn't make them any less fans. While a die-hard fan may try to see and own everything. But both are still fans. Just different kinds of fans.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17700
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Hotrodimust » Wed May 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Hotrodimust wrote:So but you are using the term die hard fan saying u are more of a fan than a casual fan sounds like just another way to say true fan bro u argue until u can feel like ur right at everything that is said have a nice night get over it true fan
That's different. A "die-hard fan" is a fan who feels the need to really invest him/herself in their his/her interest, wanting to know more and more about it so he/she can experience as much as possible. Whereas a "casual fan" is a fan who does not feel this need and that it perfectly acceptable.

A "true fan", like shadowman said, invokes a connotation of superiority in which one fan who considers him/herself a "true fan" condemns anyone whom he/she deems unworthy of being a fan.

"Die-hard fans" and "casual fans" are just as much fans as each other. The only difference between each is how invested in the interest each is. A casual fan can be someone who only watches the current cartoon (rather than all of them), or only collect the few toys they like (rather than as many as possible), or whatever else. Doesn't make them any less fans. While a die-hard fan may try to see and own everything. But both are still fans. Just different kinds of fans.

How does that make sense I don't think I'm better than anyone lol WOW no people are telling me what I think of my self doesn't get better than this. So I'm just gonna say I'm a die hard fan so no one thinks that I think that I'm better than everyone else. GOD I wish I was a gobot fan they don't have these problems. BEING TOLD WHAT YOU THINK (TRANSFOMER FAN PROBLEMS) lets see who gets that
Hotrodimust
Combiner
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 pm
Watch Hotrodimust on YouTube
Buy from Hotrodimust on eBay

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 16, 2012 8:37 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Hotrodimust wrote:How does that make sense I don't think I'm better than anyone lol WOW no people are telling me what I think of my self doesn't get better than this. So I'm just gonna say I'm a die hard fan so no one thinks that I think that I'm better than everyone else. GOD I wish I was a gobot fan they don't have these problems. BEING TOLD WHAT YOU THINK (TRANSFOMER FAN PROBLEMS) lets see who gets that
I'm not calling YOU a "true fan", I'm just describing what one is. You strike me as a "fan", or even a "die-hard fan", which is perfectly fine.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17700
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Hotrodimust » Wed May 16, 2012 8:46 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Hotrodimust wrote:How does that make sense I don't think I'm better than anyone lol WOW no people are telling me what I think of my self doesn't get better than this. So I'm just gonna say I'm a die hard fan so no one thinks that I think that I'm better than everyone else. GOD I wish I was a gobot fan they don't have these problems. BEING TOLD WHAT YOU THINK (TRANSFOMER FAN PROBLEMS) lets see who gets that
I'm not calling YOU a "true fan", I'm just describing what one is. You strike me as a "fan", or even a "die-hard fan", which is perfectly fine.

Ok I feel better now lol not to start another argument about it but I was just looking at the pictures of all the cybertrons and the movie one looks like when you peel the leather off a baseball all the layer yarn or what ever it is. And I'm just saying that's what I kinda see not that it is I think we need to demand a virtual tour of cybertron from hasbro so we can put this to rest because I feel sorry for the sucker who is still on page 2 of the topic and has to read all this to catch up lol
Hotrodimust
Combiner
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 pm
Watch Hotrodimust on YouTube
Buy from Hotrodimust on eBay

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Shadowman » Wed May 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
MINDVVIPE wrote:Hey, in my opinion, I don't consider that my opinion, its a fact.


Absolutely not. I can't say you're wrong for not liking Cybertron's design in DOTM. But now you're actually trying to pass your opinions off as fact, that's wrong. Your opinion is, ultimately, meaningless here; you don't get to decide what is fact or not.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28987
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed May 16, 2012 10:21 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Shadowman wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Hey, in my opinion, I don't consider that my opinion, its a fact.


Absolutely not. I can't say you're wrong for not liking Cybertron's design in DOTM. But now you're actually trying to pass your opinions off as fact, that's wrong. Your opinion is, ultimately, meaningless here; you don't get to decide what is fact or not.


Oy vey.
Dude you missed what I was trying to say. I was making the point that my opinion is fact TO ME, just because it is my opinion. I was just saying it to mess with buddy since he was going off about opinion this and opinion that. It was a joke given how everyones opinion sort of is a fact for them, and so on. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously, it was just a random little wierd way of thinking about ****.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2287
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby noctorro » Thu May 17, 2012 8:40 am

I like Cybertron








Haters gonna hate :p
User avatar
noctorro
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 542
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:45 am

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Hotrodimust » Thu May 17, 2012 9:33 am

I have some of the Walmart dotm art they hung up. Like the one with prime pointing his finger and it says dotm under him and I have the picture of cybertron. I got it because dotm was the only movie line of toys I collected idk why but I like the dotm figures that arnt repaints of rotf figures because I don't like them and the first movies toys are crap IMO. I also have a 6 foot cardboard cut out of prime from fye when the dotm blu ray released they just gave it to me. Now that I think about it I get a lot of things for free lol
Hotrodimust
Combiner
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 pm
Watch Hotrodimust on YouTube
Buy from Hotrodimust on eBay

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby reluttr » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:08 am

I know I am late to the party... but I am gonna point something out.

The hexagonal mesh you all are seeing is NOT the planets surface. It is actually a complex shielding unit, artificial atmosphere if you will, that is designed to not only protect the planets surface from meteors and other general space junk and is also design to project a artificial skyline on the inside of the dome. Mostly for cosmetic reasons, but perhaps also to provide "sunlight", a sense of time, and generally keep up moral. This is why in the flashbacks and such in the comics there is actually a skyline, but there isn't post energy crisis.

Also something to consider is that the space bridge probably was designed to transport the outer layers before the rest of the planet. So if the rumors about them going back to cybertron in TF4 are real, then it might have a more traditional look now, considering the ending of DOTM. As it had not fully "transported" the planet, so if it started on the outter layer then went inward, the implosion was only of the shielding grid, meaning you can now see the inner citys and such from space.

As far as the cybertron shown in TF1, its quite possible that this was pre-developed cybertron. You know before the transformers started building the major structures on the planet.
reluttr
Mini-Con
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers DOTM Cybertron - Hasbro Marketing Art

Postby Delta Magnus » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:29 pm

Motto: "Freelance shitposting agent, yes?"
Weapon: Megaton Battle Sword
That's an interesting idea. I had thought it was the exact opposite though, and that the hexagons were actually the "skeleton" of the planet from where it had been collapsing.
5mm posts FTW!
Mkall wrote:
Blurrz wrote:I cant get into Combiner Wars.. the combined mode doesn't look like its flush, as if they're just upscaling PCCs.

I know what you mean. It looks like they took 5 robots and combined them into one big robot. It doesn't make any sense!
User avatar
Delta Magnus
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 969
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Location: Scuzzy bar in Kaon
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #104 - Wrath of Con
Twincast / Podcast #104:
"Wrath of Con"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 2nd, 2014