Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

KO Jetwing and Striker Prime accessories

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about TF Knock Offs and 3rd party toys.

Re: KO Jetwing and Striker Prime accessories

Postby daimchoc » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:09 pm

robotmel wrote: :???:
So why where the 'Buster' guns and 'Jet Wings' produced by TakaraTomy if they had nothing to do with the movie or anything else really?
Just a bit of fun?

Not knocking it, just wondering about the background of these add-ons which help determine their worthiness of purchasing?
:-?


Well, there were three movies.... The Hook/Sword were based in the first (eventhough the figure was released during ROTF), while Buster was based on the second, and Jetwing was based on the third. Now Striker, is more of an afterthought, in my opinion. It was based on the artworks commissioned for the movies.
daimchoc
Gestalt
Posts: 2577
News Credits: 115
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: KO Jetwing and Striker Prime accessories

Postby Autobot032 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:44 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
robotmel wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:I'm not sure you could consider this an homage. The Buster gun tanks are clearly a direct bootlegging of the TakaraTomy Buster Prime weapons. The Jetwing seems to be the same. Clearly, there will be some mods molded in so they all work with all versions of the figure, but these seem to be 1:1 copies of the original pieces. That's bootlegging, not trying to homage.

:???:
So why where the 'Buster' guns and 'Jet Wings' produced by TakaraTomy if they had nothing to do with the movie or anything else really?
Just a bit of fun?

Not knocking it, just wondering about the background of these add-ons which help determine their worthiness of purchasing?
:-?


Er...what?

They all had something to do with the movies. The Buster gun was made by TakaraTomy to make him even more accurate as the ROTF Optimus didn't even come with a gun. It was known by watching the films that Prime's guns came from his fuel tanks. TakaraTomy did the best they could and made both tanks into one gun.

The Jetwings are clearly from the film DOTM. I mean, Optimus flies around Chicago with them on for like...40 minutes or so.

The Striker piece (the Mechtech transformation add on that's in the Striker mold) was from a design that never made it to film. The original idea was that Prime and his trailer would become one giant Mechtech vehicle. You can Google for images, it's a good thing they scrapped it.

My point was the items in question are not made to homage anything. These pieces they're selling have already been made by TakaraTomy. This company is bootlegging them in different packaging to cash in. Bootlegging and homages are completely different animals.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8820
News Credits: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: KO Jetwing and Striker Prime accessories

Postby daimchoc » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:10 pm

This KO set is basically "good" for those who can't get all versions of ROTF/DOTM Optimus Primes.
daimchoc
Gestalt
Posts: 2577
News Credits: 115
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: KO Jetwing and Striker Prime accessories

Postby robotmel » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:11 pm

Motto: "I once pooped an Energon Cube!"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
Autobot032 wrote:Er...what?

They all had something to do with the movies. The Buster gun was made by TakaraTomy to make him even more accurate as the ROTF Optimus didn't even come with a gun. It was known by watching the films that Prime's guns came from his fuel tanks. TakaraTomy did the best they could and made both tanks into one gun.

The Jetwings are clearly from the film DOTM. I mean, Optimus flies around Chicago with them on for like...40 minutes or so.

The Striker piece (the Mechtech transformation add on that's in the Striker mold) was from a design that never made it to film. The original idea was that Prime and his trailer would become one giant Mechtech vehicle. You can Google for images, it's a good thing they scrapped it.

My point was the items in question are not made to homage anything. These pieces they're selling have already been made by TakaraTomy. This company is bootlegging them in different packaging to cash in. Bootlegging and homages are completely different animals.


First of all, as you are part of the news crew I dont expect that sort of shortness with someone asking a question, dont be a dick!
Its been some time since I watch the movies so a little slack wouldnt do no harm when responding to a user of the website you work on?
Guess I will have to pop in DOTM for that 40 minutes Jet Wing flight, in fact all the movies, just so i can feel better about myself maybe!

So which is the 'Striker' piece, perhaps someone can answer or pop a picture in this thread so I and other not quite in the know can remember/understand?
I dont remember Optimus' tanks turning into his gun, but i guess a lot of stuff did happen quickly sometimes? :-?
I remember him flying in ROTF with Jetfires parts, so maybe i just thought the 'Wings' had something to do with that.. but no.

So, these parts do look quite cool as an add-on for Prime, but referencing them as part of little bits from all the movies is a definate advantage to purchasing them.
(:|
ROBOTMEL'S WANTS LIST! :BOT: PM ME PLEASE!
RID - Ultra Magnus (God Magnus) (COMPLETE)
Perfect Effect - Rumble & Frenzy, Ejector & Rewinder (COMPLETE)
Alternity - Cliffjumper, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp (COMPLETE)
Fansproject - Assaulter (Broadside) (COMPLETE)
Masterpiece - Starscream (Hasbro G1 colour) (COMPLETE)
IDW Transformers (2009 Ongoing) - #22b (VF/NM)
MARVEL Generation 2 - Halloween Special (VF/NM)
User avatar
robotmel
Godmaster
Posts: 1869
News Credits: 7
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:22 am
Location: Great Britain
Buy from robotmel on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: KO Jetwing and Striker Prime accessories

Postby daimchoc » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:34 pm

robotmel wrote:
First of all, as you are part of the news crew I dont expect that sort of shortness with someone asking a question, dont be a dick!
Its been some time since I watch the movies so a little slack wouldnt do no harm when responding to a user of the website you work on?
Guess I will have to pop in DOTM for that 40 minutes Jet Wing flight, in fact all the movies, just so i can feel better about myself maybe!

So which is the 'Striker' piece, perhaps someone can answer or pop a picture in this thread so I and other not quite in the know can remember/understand?
I dont remember Optimus' tanks turning into his gun, but i guess a lot of stuff did happen quickly sometimes? :-?
I remember him flying in ROTF with Jetfires parts, so maybe i just thought the 'Wings' had something to do with that.. but no.

So, these parts do look quite cool as an add-on for Prime, but referencing them as part of little bits from all the movies is a definate advantage to purchasing them.
(:|


I don't think he's dicking with you. I guess there's just some miscommunication here. The set is basically a KO of the Takara/Hasbro accessories to the OPs that have been released. Namely, the hook, sword, Buster guns, Jetwing pack, and the Striker Shield and guns. He's just clarifying that these are not homages.

Striker Optimus didn't make it in the movies. It was only shown in movie artworks. The Striker piece are the Guns and Shield (that becomes the hood). Look at the first post. ROTF has OP linking with Jetfire and it is known as Powered Up Optimus Prime. DOTM shows Prime with his trailer, of which the JetWings are supposed to have come off of. The trailer was also a Weapons storage, as shown when Prime was fighting the Driller in the Soviet Union. Hope that helps with the movie trivia.
daimchoc
Gestalt
Posts: 2577
News Credits: 115
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: KO Jetwing and Striker Prime accessories

Postby Autobot032 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:58 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
robotmel wrote:First of all, as you are part of the news crew I dont expect that sort of shortness with someone asking a question, dont be a dick!
Its been some time since I watch the movies so a little slack wouldnt do no harm when responding to a user of the website you work on?
Guess I will have to pop in DOTM for that 40 minutes Jet Wing flight, in fact all the movies, just so i can feel better about myself maybe!


Whoa. You need to step back and bring it down a notch, now. I'm going to let it slide because there's obviously a miscommunication here, but I don't like your tone. And don't you call me or anyone else a dick, again. You did violate a rule, there. Knock it off. I will tell you, right now, I wasn't being short with you. At all. You'd know if I was. I'd make it very clear. I will make one thing clear: There was difficulty in conversing here, which I didn't intend. There was no offense given on my part, nor did I want you to think there was.

robotmel wrote:So which is the 'Striker' piece, perhaps someone can answer or pop a picture in this thread so I and other not quite in the know can remember/understand?
I dont remember Optimus' tanks turning into his gun, but i guess a lot of stuff did happen quickly sometimes? :-?
I remember him flying in ROTF with Jetfires parts, so maybe i just thought the 'Wings' had something to do with that.. but no.


The striker piece is the convoluted hood piece shown on the front of the truck cab on the back of the box.

In the final battle of the first movie, you can see Optimus pull a gun off of his back just before Megatron fires off his arm cannon. In DOTM, during the final fight in DOTM, the handle of the gun pops out of the right tank on his back.

robotmel wrote:So, these parts do look quite cool as an add-on for Prime, but referencing them as part of little bits from all the movies is a definate advantage to purchasing them.
(:|


Oh, I want them all, I want my ultimate Optimus to be just that: Ultimate.

daimchoc wrote:I don't think he's dicking with you. I guess there's just some miscommunication here. The set is basically a KO of the Takara/Hasbro accessories to the OPs that have been released. Namely, the hook, sword, Buster guns, Jetwing pack, and the Striker Shield and guns. He's just clarifying that these are not homages.


Thank you. That was it. That was the long and short of it and nothing else was intended, and I certainly wasn't aiming to offend anyone.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8820
News Credits: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: KO Jetwing and Striker Prime accessories

Postby ZenPrime » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:42 pm

Does anyone know if this kit can be installed on the ROTF Leader Prime?
Image
User avatar
ZenPrime
Pretender
Posts: 747
News Credits: 26
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:32 am
Location: NYC

Re: KO Jetwing and Striker Prime accessories

Postby daimchoc » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:45 pm

ZenPrime wrote:Does anyone know if this kit can be installed on the ROTF Leader Prime?


From what I've read around the different boards, there's going to be some sort of included add-on part that would make it compatible with the non-Jetwing Primes.


Here's the detailed description over at Toymoda.com


UFO Jetwing pack & Gatling Dream Boxset for DOTM/ROTF leader class Optimus Prime
Including Jetwing & Gatling & Stable Heels(Optimus Prime not included)
Silver version.
MISB Condition

Users warning:
Need take off ROTF/DOTM leader class optimus prime backpanel(which was connected with fuel tank), the replacemet of the fuel tank which can transform to buster guns will be re-issued by U.F.O. soon. Sell seperately.


So, with that, it means that this set does not include the Striker and Buster parts.
Last edited by daimchoc on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daimchoc
Gestalt
Posts: 2577
News Credits: 115
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: KO Jetwing and Striker Prime accessories

Postby ZenPrime » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:49 pm

daimchoc wrote:
ZenPrime wrote:Does anyone know if this kit can be installed on the ROTF Leader Prime?


From what I've read around the different boards, there's going to be some sort of included add-on part that would make it compatible with the non-Jetwing Primes.


Actually I'm more interested in the Striker parts, I already brought the Amazon.com Jetwing Prime and not really wanting to spend another $180+ on Striker.
Image
User avatar
ZenPrime
Pretender
Posts: 747
News Credits: 26
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:32 am
Location: NYC

Re: KO Jetwing and Striker Prime accessories

Postby daimchoc » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:00 pm

ZenPrime wrote:
daimchoc wrote:
ZenPrime wrote:Does anyone know if this kit can be installed on the ROTF Leader Prime?


From what I've read around the different boards, there's going to be some sort of included add-on part that would make it compatible with the non-Jetwing Primes.


Actually I'm more interested in the Striker parts, I already brought the Amazon.com Jetwing Prime and not really wanting to spend another $180+ on Striker.


Striker is basically just the ROTF without the Hooks/Swords
daimchoc
Gestalt
Posts: 2577
News Credits: 115
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: KO Jetwing and Striker Prime accessories

Postby ZenPrime » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:21 pm

daimchoc wrote:
ZenPrime wrote:
daimchoc wrote:
ZenPrime wrote:Does anyone know if this kit can be installed on the ROTF Leader Prime?


From what I've read around the different boards, there's going to be some sort of included add-on part that would make it compatible with the non-Jetwing Primes.


Actually I'm more interested in the Striker parts, I already brought the Amazon.com Jetwing Prime and not really wanting to spend another $180+ on Striker.


Striker is basically just the ROTF without the Hooks/Swords


Very cool thanx saved me a lot of $$
Image
User avatar
ZenPrime
Pretender
Posts: 747
News Credits: 26
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:32 am
Location: NYC

Re: KO Jetwing and Striker Prime accessories

Postby ZenPrime » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:46 pm

preorder is up on BBTS but no mention of Striker parts in this set...

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=UFO10010&mode=retail
Image
User avatar
ZenPrime
Pretender
Posts: 747
News Credits: 26
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:32 am
Location: NYC

Re: KO Jetwing and Striker Prime accessories

Postby RodimalToyota » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:42 pm

daimchoc wrote:
ZenPrime wrote:
daimchoc wrote:
ZenPrime wrote:Does anyone know if this kit can be installed on the ROTF Leader Prime?


From what I've read around the different boards, there's going to be some sort of included add-on part that would make it compatible with the non-Jetwing Primes.


Actually I'm more interested in the Striker parts, I already brought the Amazon.com Jetwing Prime and not really wanting to spend another $180+ on Striker.


Striker is basically just the ROTF without the Hooks/Swords


Not true mang,

it's the DOTM Jetwing Prime mold, Only with the ROTF fuel tanks, and the striker accessories.




Unless they make a Chrome Jetwing set, I'm waiting on the Striker set.
Check out my Blog for cool info on Japanese on goings! (still under Constructicon control )
http://theiaconlifestyle.blogspot.com/

LOOKING FOR my Grail.

******MIB or MISB G1 Countdown******
User avatar
RodimalToyota
Pretender
Posts: 752
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:57 pm

Re: KO Jetwing and Striker Prime accessories

Postby daimchoc » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:21 pm

RodimalToyota wrote:
Striker is basically just the ROTF without the Hooks/Swords


Not true mang,

it's the DOTM Jetwing Prime mold, Only with the ROTF fuel tanks, and the striker accessories.




Unless they make a Chrome Jetwing set, I'm waiting on the Striker set.[/quote]

You do know that Jetwing was also based on the ROTF figure.

ROTF Leader OP (Sword/Hook), then Buster, then Jetwing, then Striker. So, it all boils down to ROTF. Also, Jetwing has the back connector, which the Striker doesn't have.
daimchoc
Gestalt
Posts: 2577
News Credits: 115
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: KO Jetwing and Striker Prime accessories

Postby RodimalToyota » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:33 pm

daimchoc wrote:
RodimalToyota wrote:
Striker is basically just the ROTF without the Hooks/Swords


Not true mang,

it's the DOTM Jetwing Prime mold, Only with the ROTF fuel tanks, and the striker accessories.




Unless they make a Chrome Jetwing set, I'm waiting on the Striker set.


You do know that Jetwing was also based on the ROTF figure.

ROTF Leader OP (Sword/Hook), then Buster, then Jetwing, then Striker. So, it all boils down to ROTF. Also, Jetwing has the back connector, which the Striker doesn't have.[/quote]

Yes, but the DOTM also has the re-shaped abs, re-molded more accurate arms, and fixed chest. So If you tell me, it's a ROTF mold, I think, Leaders sans the upgrades.

either way, I think we made it clear enough, carry on with the awesome updates friend.
Check out my Blog for cool info on Japanese on goings! (still under Constructicon control )
http://theiaconlifestyle.blogspot.com/

LOOKING FOR my Grail.

******MIB or MISB G1 Countdown******
User avatar
RodimalToyota
Pretender
Posts: 752
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:57 pm

Re: KO Jetwing and Striker Prime accessories

Postby daimchoc » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:02 am

ImageImageImageImage
daimchoc
Gestalt
Posts: 2577
News Credits: 115
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: KO Jetwing and Striker Prime accessories

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:37 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
daimchoc wrote:*snipped*


Ah, they're doing what I had wanted for a long time, they're making the panel and tanks for the Buster version, so any Optimus can be converted. Nice. Took the 3rd parties long enough.

If UFO would make the abdomen change, plus the DOTM chest pieces, I'd be all over their stuff. I'd skip Amazon's Jetwing Optimus altogether and use their sets to fully convert my current, hand painted (by me) Optimus and just upgrade him to ultimate DOTM status.

If anyone from UFO is reading this...make those chest/abdomen pieces, and you have a guaranteed customer. I'd buy all the conversion sets.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8820
News Credits: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: KO Jetwing and Striker Prime accessories

Postby daimchoc » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:17 am

ImageImage

c/o toymoda.com
daimchoc
Gestalt
Posts: 2577
News Credits: 115
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: KO Jetwing and Striker Prime accessories

Postby Transformers Hoarder » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:48 pm

Motto: "What doesn't kill you, will try again!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I would love to pick up a chrome set, like the Asia Jetwing.
Image
Transformers Hoarder
Pretender
Posts: 769
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:37 pm
Location: Hamilton, NJ.
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Previous

Return to Unofficial Transformers, 3rd Party and KO Toys

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014