Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Kuratas: Real working mech

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Kuratas: Real working mech

Postby Skyfire77 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:32 pm

Motto: "Science can't move forward without heaps!"
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
So this artist in Japan is supposedly getting ready to start selling a working mech.

Image



Base price is around $1.4 million, so start saving!
Image
User avatar
Skyfire77
Headmaster
Posts: 1102
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:03 pm
Location: Bethel Park, PA
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Kuratas: Real working mech

Postby TulioDude » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:50 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I wonder how the controls feel? :-?
Image
TulioDude is back!Now more social than ever!Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 6:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Kuratas: Real working mech

Postby Shadowman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:01 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
There were a few part where I thought ti all looked fake. Every other part was me thinking "They did it! They actually **** did it!"

Anyone want to lend me $1.4million?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29036
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Kuratas: Real working mech

Postby BeastProwl » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:17 am

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Just wait a few years, we'll be fighting wars in these things!
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6103
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Kuratas: Real working mech

Postby Wigglez » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:26 pm

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
I wonder how future ones will be built. My guess is they're going to be like Gundam builds.
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Kuratas: Real working mech

Postby BeastProwl » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:22 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Wigglez wrote:I wonder how future ones will be built. My guess is they're going to be like Gundam builds.

I cant wait for the televised (Or underground) blood sport these things will bring. Could you imagine, Battlebots, but with THIS?
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6103
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Kuratas: Real working mech

Postby Wigglez » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:34 pm

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
BeastProwl wrote:
Wigglez wrote:I wonder how future ones will be built. My guess is they're going to be like Gundam builds.

I cant wait for the televised (Or underground) blood sport these things will bring. Could you imagine, Battlebots, but with THIS?

Like a mech fight club. If I was rich, I'd buy this, replace BB guns with real miniguns. I would mod the s*** out of it.
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Kuratas: Real working mech

Postby BeastProwl » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:58 am

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Wigglez wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:
Wigglez wrote:I wonder how future ones will be built. My guess is they're going to be like Gundam builds.

I cant wait for the televised (Or underground) blood sport these things will bring. Could you imagine, Battlebots, but with THIS?

Like a mech fight club. If I was rich, I'd buy this, replace BB guns with real miniguns. I would mod the s*** out of it.

It'd be so totally more bad ass if it were bipedal. They have a bipedal one, but its SLOW and clunky, and stupid looking, not like this thing. Rev up the engine output, up the armor plating, revamp the weapons, and up the movement speed of the limbs, and you've got one mean ass war machine!
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6103
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Kuratas: Real working mech

Postby Duke of Luns » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:20 am

It's very awesome looking, but it has guns. Why? I know guns are fun and all in a fantasy setting, but in the real world? Yes they are meant for "fun" in this case, but I didn't like how they casually brushed it off, and implied targeting living creatures.

Ok, enough dogging it. I do think it's really cool, though not much of a practical purpose. And at $1.4 million, that's pretty cheap isn't it? I think that's about what it costs for a single missile on an F-22 or something.
Image
Duke of Luns
Faction Commander
Posts: 4214
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:19 pm
Location: North Central West Virginia

Re: Kuratas: Real working mech

Postby BeastProwl » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:46 am

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Yes, but after all the military modifications made, this thing would skyrocket from 1.4 mil to over 100 mil, no doubt
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6103
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Kuratas: Real working mech

Postby Shadowman » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:49 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Duke of Luns wrote:It's very awesome looking, but it has guns. Why? I know guns are fun and all in a fantasy setting, but in the real world? Yes they are meant for "fun" in this case, but I didn't like how they casually brushed it off, and implied targeting living creatures.


Yeah, I found that kind of odd too. A BB gun isn't really going to do major damage, until you fire 6000 per minute. And it's activated by smiles, that's just straight-up freaky. Was the Joker part of the programming team?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29036
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Kuratas: Real working mech

Postby Wigglez » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:59 pm

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Shadowman wrote:
Duke of Luns wrote:It's very awesome looking, but it has guns. Why? I know guns are fun and all in a fantasy setting, but in the real world? Yes they are meant for "fun" in this case, but I didn't like how they casually brushed it off, and implied targeting living creatures.


Yeah, I found that kind of odd too. A BB gun isn't really going to do major damage, until you fire 6000 per minute. And it's activated by smiles, that's just straight-up freaky. Was the Joker part of the programming team?

Exactly. What if I'm talking to a friend in it and they tell a joke or just something funny. You laugh your ass off and when you look up, they're just looking back at you with bruises all over their face looking pissed. I do like the auto lock on system though.
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity


Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014