Lego Games

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Lego Games

Postby Me, Grimlock! » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:54 pm

Weapon: Stinger Missile
I'm a little confused why everybody likes these Lego games. I just tried Indiana Jones Lego, and I have to say I was thoroughly unimpressed. The game would have been okay (yeah, just okay, but barely passable) except for the big emphasis on collecting Lego pieces. The bad guys just kept coming and coming to the point where everything I collected was stolen when I died. I collected 20,000 Lego pieces by the beginning of the big battle at the end of the first level and got away with a grand total of 8,000 after I figured out what exactly the instructions were telling me to do. The beginning of the next level? I got away with 0 after the start of the next boss battle. Yes, 0, after collecting probably 10,000. Bad guy after bad guy...it just got relentless to the point where collecting Lego pieces was pointless and the game was unbearable. Maybe I suck at it, but what's the attraction with these games? Yeah, Indiana Jones was...cute, I guess...in the cutscenes (which, BTW, you can't skip!!!), but the cuteness was lost in the abysmal gameplay. Very frustrating trying to figure out what happens after you turn that big "treasure meter" at the top all yellow which I never did no matter how much I collected.

For a game with a big emphasis on fun puzzles, it floods you with an enormous number of bad guys.

Does anybody here actually find these fun? Are Batman and Star Wars any better? Because I'd probably give Indiana Jones around a 1 out of 10.
User avatar
Me, Grimlock!
Faction Commander
Posts: 4328
Joined: Fri May 23, 2003 3:22 pm
Location: A special place in your heart
Firepower: 1

Re: Lego Games

Postby The Happy Locust » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:13 pm

Motto: "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools- Douglas Adams"
Weapon: Black Magic
Never played the Indiana jones one, but I have both Star wars games and the Batman one. If you didn't like Indiana jones, you probably won't like the others.

The appeal is really the simplicity of it and the charm of the design, along with the humor in the cut-scenes. Not to mention the drop-in co-op feature.
Next up on Pimp My Jeager.
Image


LocustManX2: New Episodes now showing!
Famous Characters, Locustized! now taking requests.

Psycho Warrior wrote:for this reason, that is why I like to be around Locust. fun stuff happens.
User avatar
The Happy Locust
God Of Transformers
Posts: 35282
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:46 pm
Location: In dreams, in nightmares, in embarrassing fantasies.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 3
Skill: 10

Re: Lego Games

Postby Me, Grimlock! » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:28 pm

Weapon: Stinger Missile
I don't have a second controller, so I can't take advantage of the co-op feature. The Indiana Jones one seems (from what I can tell) to be the same type of thing as the others, but I just didn't get the appeal. Sure, the cutscenes were okay, but the gameplay left much to be desired, especially if it's supposed to be a puzzle game. Maybe it's better with two people.
User avatar
Me, Grimlock!
Faction Commander
Posts: 4328
Joined: Fri May 23, 2003 3:22 pm
Location: A special place in your heart
Firepower: 1

Re: Lego Games

Postby The Happy Locust » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:05 am

Motto: "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools- Douglas Adams"
Weapon: Black Magic
Me, Grimlock! wrote:I don't have a second controller, so I can't take advantage of the co-op feature. The Indiana Jones one seems (from what I can tell) to be the same type of thing as the others, but I just didn't get the appeal. Sure, the cutscenes were okay, but the gameplay left much to be desired, especially if it's supposed to be a puzzle game. Maybe it's better with two people.

I never thought of them as puzzle games. They're pretty basic platformers with high-collectible counts. Puzzles rarely played into it.
Next up on Pimp My Jeager.
Image


LocustManX2: New Episodes now showing!
Famous Characters, Locustized! now taking requests.

Psycho Warrior wrote:for this reason, that is why I like to be around Locust. fun stuff happens.
User avatar
The Happy Locust
God Of Transformers
Posts: 35282
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:46 pm
Location: In dreams, in nightmares, in embarrassing fantasies.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 3
Skill: 10

Re: Lego Games

Postby #Sideways# » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Motto: "Wake up. Wake up and smell the ashes."
Weapon: Dual Compression Cannons
Me, Grimlock! wrote:I'm a little confused why everybody likes these Lego games. I just tried Indiana Jones Lego, and I have to say I was thoroughly unimpressed. The game would have been okay (yeah, just okay, but barely passable) except for the big emphasis on collecting Lego pieces. The bad guys just kept coming and coming to the point where everything I collected was stolen when I died. I collected 20,000 Lego pieces by the beginning of the big battle at the end of the first level and got away with a grand total of 8,000 after I figured out what exactly the instructions were telling me to do. The beginning of the next level? I got away with 0 after the start of the next boss battle. Yes, 0, after collecting probably 10,000. Bad guy after bad guy...it just got relentless to the point where collecting Lego pieces was pointless and the game was unbearable. Maybe I suck at it, but what's the attraction with these games? Yeah, Indiana Jones was...cute, I guess...in the cutscenes (which, BTW, you can't skip!!!), but the cuteness was lost in the abysmal gameplay. Very frustrating trying to figure out what happens after you turn that big "treasure meter" at the top all yellow which I never did no matter how much I collected.

For a game with a big emphasis on fun puzzles, it floods you with an enormous number of bad guys.

Does anybody here actually find these fun? Are Batman and Star Wars any better? Because I'd probably give Indiana Jones around a 1 out of 10.


I found the LEGO Indiana Jones game to be very fun, and the cut-scenes charming and funny. (Especially if you love Indiana Jones movies and have watched them before.)

Is LEGO Star Wars better or worse? I'd say where they differ in the Genre, they stay the same with gameplay, minus the annoying ammo feature with Indiana Jones, and plus a ton of other features, for instance there are some places where you have to use the Force on things, and other places you need Bounty Hunters to get to (For the second and full trilogy games), it is quite the versatile game.

However does this differ so much away from IJ that it is very much unlike each other? No.

I do not own the LEGO Batman series so I can't help you there.

I do agree with Happy Locust, the charm of LEGO makes this game fun, if it were anything else but LEGO, I don't think I would buy it.
Image

"I don't stink, but I am silent but deadly!" ~One of the many reasons I like Sideways.
User avatar
#Sideways#
Brainmaster
Posts: 1447
News Credits: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:18 pm
Location: Planet X
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Alt Mode: Motorcycle
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Lego Games

Postby TulioDude » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:45 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Lego Happy Potter is one of the best!
Image
TulioDude is back!Now more social than ever!Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Lego Games

Postby The Happy Locust » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:52 pm

Motto: "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools- Douglas Adams"
Weapon: Black Magic
#Sideways# wrote:I do agree with Happy Locust, the charm of LEGO makes this game fun, if it were anything else but LEGO, I don't think I would buy it.


Yay! I'm referenced. That makes me relevant! :mrgreen:

Last one I played was Batman, but at the time it was considered the best in the series. The star wars ones predated Indiana Jones so you may find it lacking in features or polish. Batman would be the step up.
Next up on Pimp My Jeager.
Image


LocustManX2: New Episodes now showing!
Famous Characters, Locustized! now taking requests.

Psycho Warrior wrote:for this reason, that is why I like to be around Locust. fun stuff happens.
User avatar
The Happy Locust
God Of Transformers
Posts: 35282
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:46 pm
Location: In dreams, in nightmares, in embarrassing fantasies.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 3
Skill: 10

Re: Lego Games

Postby Grahf » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:06 pm

Motto: "The only cure for stupidity is death."
I've played all of them except the Harry Potter ones and have enjoyed them all. I think that the fact that I've been collecting/buying legos for almost 30 years now is a big factor in my enjoyment of the games.

I'm getting the Harry Potter games from Gamefly in the near future and I have a felling that I will enjoy them as well.
Image
Sometimes, just checking one more store isn't worth it

Maynard James Keenan wrote:Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion.
User avatar
Grahf
Headmaster
Posts: 1151
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:14 pm
Location: The Dethklok home for wayward kitties
Buy from Grahf on eBay


Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

Guilty G-05J Pride Nucleon charge rifle Upgrade kit for Transformers FOC JAZZ - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 12 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Armada Super Class Optimus Prime Missing Sparkplug & Missile - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 57 minutes 54 seconds
HOIST Transformers Autobot Hasbro COMMEMORATIVE SERIES V G1 RE-ISSUE - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 59 minutes 37 seconds
TRACKS Transformers 2003 Commemorative Series 5 Autobot  #80682 G1 Reissue MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 29 minutes 44 seconds
Look! Hasbro ~ Transformers Platinum Edition ~ Ultra Magnus ~ Brand New & Sealed - Time Remaining: 5 days 12 hours 15 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars MEGATRON & ARMADA MEGATRON Special offer - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 48 minutes 58 seconds
Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-29 Shockwave Laserwave Action Figure +COIN - Time Remaining: 3 days 17 hours 49 minutes 8 seconds
Bumblebee  Transformers Generations 5 steps "RARE" - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 4 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory
Twincast / Podcast #156:
"Gestalt Theory"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, September 24th, 2016