Lorenzo Di Bonaventura Talks Transformers

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Postby Grimshock » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:56 pm

I don't see where they are starting to respect us. And, at this point, it is way too late anyway. The movie barely resembles TF's. It's just a shoot 'em up sci-fi with a teenager mixed up in it.
Grimshock
Combiner
Posts: 452
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:05 pm

Postby Down_Shift » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:17 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Grimshock wrote:I don't see where they are starting to respect us. And, at this point, it is way too late anyway. The movie barely resembles TF's. It's just a shoot 'em up sci-fi with a teenager mixed up in it.


The G1 Marvel comic was a shoot 'em up sci-fi with a teenager mixed up in it and Beast Wars barely resembled Transformers when it was brought to the table.

I read the Movie comic today, and it is far from both of those. The designs don't look anything like anything I've seen (other then the drones looking like Armada Thrust) I still think it has the general feel to it, and I also feel the movie will have lots of qualities to make it feel like Transformers when I see it on the big screen.

I also have to agree with Leonardo. Di Bonaventura seems to be giving it his all to appease the fans to the best of his abilites. I'm sure he'll never read this, but I thank him.
Image

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6443
News Credits: 41
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 10:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby skywarp-2 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:35 pm

Down_Shift wrote:
Grimshock wrote:I don't see where they are starting to respect us. And, at this point, it is way too late anyway. The movie barely resembles TF's. It's just a shoot 'em up sci-fi with a teenager mixed up in it.


The G1 Marvel comic was a shoot 'em up sci-fi with a teenager mixed up in it and Beast Wars barely resembled Transformers when it was brought to the table.

I read the Movie comic today, and it is far from both of those. The designs don't look anything like anything I've seen (other then the drones looking like Armada Thrust) I still think it has the general feel to it, and I also feel the movie will have lots of qualities to make it feel like Transformers when I see it on the big screen.

I also have to agree with Leonardo. Di Bonaventura seems to be giving it his all to appease the fans to the best of his abilites. I'm sure he'll never read this, but I thank him.



You'd be surprised, remember when mr. Don murphy showed up here on our forum?? that was cool. and granted we have no way of really knowing that was him, but man it sure did talk and know things he would know.. even if it were an imposter, it was pretty cool none the less..
Image
"You Waste More energy with your mouth."
Check out My Deviant Art Page:
http://skywarp-2.deviantart.com/
http://capitalcomicsstudios.deviantart.com/
http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/
Check out my new Custom Transformers G-1 CCG! Updated! 07/21/2009!!!!
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=56030
User avatar
skywarp-2
Faction Commander
Posts: 4248
News Credits: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:57 pm

Postby Down_Shift » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:11 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
skywarp-2 wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:
Grimshock wrote:I don't see where they are starting to respect us. And, at this point, it is way too late anyway. The movie barely resembles TF's. It's just a shoot 'em up sci-fi with a teenager mixed up in it.


The G1 Marvel comic was a shoot 'em up sci-fi with a teenager mixed up in it and Beast Wars barely resembled Transformers when it was brought to the table.

I read the Movie comic today, and it is far from both of those. The designs don't look anything like anything I've seen (other then the drones looking like Armada Thrust) I still think it has the general feel to it, and I also feel the movie will have lots of qualities to make it feel like Transformers when I see it on the big screen.

I also have to agree with Leonardo. Di Bonaventura seems to be giving it his all to appease the fans to the best of his abilites. I'm sure he'll never read this, but I thank him.



You'd be surprised, remember when mr. Don murphy showed up here on our forum?? that was cool. and granted we have no way of really knowing that was him, but man it sure did talk and know things he would know.. even if it were an imposter, it was pretty cool none the less..

I'm pretty sure that guy was a fake. But never the less, it was interesting. :P
Image

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6443
News Credits: 41
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 10:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Milanion » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:28 pm

Only minus 116 days and counting!
Milanion
Brainmaster
Posts: 1477
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 8:35 am

Previous

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS G1 PRETENDERS SKULLGRIN  PARTS ONLY 1980s ORIGINAL VINTAGE - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 5 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Generations COMBINER WARS DELUXE CLASS MIRAGE figure  new - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 22 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE TITAN HEROES SIDESWIPE 12 INCH  new in package - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 22 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers G1 Decepticon Targetmaster Quake Action Figure with Tiptop - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 53 minutes 21 seconds
Optimus Prime + Bulkhead Voyager Transformers Prime First Edition Hasbro MISP - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 37 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Generations COMBINER WARS motormaster VOYAGER CLASS  new in package - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 24 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Generations COMBINER WARS silverbolt VOYAGER CLASS   new in package - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 40 minutes 6 seconds
TRANSFORMERS generation 2 g2 HUBCAP 1992 moc mip mib vintage mosc cliffjumper - Time Remaining: 3 days 18 hours 26 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive
Twincast / Podcast #149:
"Titans Arrive"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 10th, 2016