Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Got a crazy idea of a fantasy battle? Want to know if Unicron would defeat the Death Star? Debate your favorite fantasy battles here!

Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:00 pm

Metal vs. Sand. Can Magneto penetrate the Kazekage's Ultimate Defense? Or will Gaara's Desert Coffin get Magneto? Fight to the death.

Notice I referred to Gaara as the Kazekage from Shippuden. Which means no Shukaku.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 18220
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:31 pm

Re: Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Postby Wigglez » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Motto: "*cough*"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
This is something I would pay good ass money to see. Where would the setting be? Because if it's not in a city, Gaara hands down. In a city, that would be a hard decision.
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1212
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 2:39 pm
Location: Everywhere
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:54 pm

That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that. Let's make it in a suburban area, just enough metal to go against sand. Even though Gaara carries his own sand around, so even in a metropolis it would be a tough fight.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 18220
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:31 pm

Re: Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Postby Shadowman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:14 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
I just know at some point, someone is going to come in, saying Magneto can manipulate blood and skin and tons of other things that aren't magnetic, because there's infinitesimal amounts of metal in there, or that he can manipulate Earth's gravitational field. Lots of people haven't thought about what has name means.

I honestly have to say Gaara on this one. The only way past Gaara's defenses is with sheer speed, and the first person to ever manage that ended up a few shattered bones in his arm and leg.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29960
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Postby TulioDude » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
IF Magneto really wants to win,he could like his House of M counterpart and mess with the waves Gaara's brain.
Image
Image
TulioDude is back!Now more social than ever!Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:43 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
The odds are against Magneto on this one; his attacks are dependent on whatever ferrous materials are available in his immediate environment. Gaara's near un-fricking-killable, and carries his own medium of manipulation (sand).

One thing, though; is Gaara weak to water?

DISCLAIMER: The last I saw of Gaara was during the Chuunin exams in the first season of Naruto--gave up trying to keep up with the endless episodes. As for Magneto, I only know him from the 90's animated series and the movies.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2885
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Postby Wigglez » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:48 pm

Motto: "*cough*"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:The odds are against Magneto on this one; his attacks are dependent on whatever ferrous materials are available in his immediate environment. Gaara's near un-fricking-killable, and carries his own medium of manipulation (sand).

One thing, though; is Gaara weak to water?

DISCLAIMER: The last I saw of Gaara was during the Chuunin exams in the first season of Naruto--gave up trying to keep up with the endless episodes. As for Magneto, I only know him from the 90's animated series and the movies.

Where Gaara is now, he's ALOT more powerful than then. And he had a demon in him then. Sure Magneto could do the brainwave thing but I think Gaara would keep him too busy for that seeming how he's Kazekage status.
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1212
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 2:39 pm
Location: Everywhere
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Postby Shadowman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:22 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
TulioDude wrote:IF Magneto really wants to win,he could like his House of M counterpart and mess with the waves Gaara's brain.


Wow, that was fast. Literally right after I called it. Bioelectricity does not work the same way as regular electromagnetism. It's the reason an EMP isn't lethal. But then no one who writes Magneto actually knows anything about how his powers are supposed to work.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29960
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:26 am

Wigglez wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:The odds are against Magneto on this one; his attacks are dependent on whatever ferrous materials are available in his immediate environment. Gaara's near un-fricking-killable, and carries his own medium of manipulation (sand).

One thing, though; is Gaara weak to water?

DISCLAIMER: The last I saw of Gaara was during the Chuunin exams in the first season of Naruto--gave up trying to keep up with the endless episodes. As for Magneto, I only know him from the 90's animated series and the movies.

Where Gaara is now, he's ALOT more powerful than then. And he had a demon in him then. Sure Magneto could do the brainwave thing but I think Gaara would keep him too busy for that seeming how he's Kazekage status.


Yeah, that's why I picked the Shippuden version. Magneto could beat the kid Gaara, even with the Shukaku in him. But the Kazekage? That's the question I'm posing here.

And Gaara is not weak to water, but water is the most effective against him, if you understand the difference. That, and inhuman speed, as it was pointed out earlier. Speed that Magneto doesn't have. But, he doesn't have to be fast himself. Is his ability to manipulate metal fast enough?
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 18220
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:31 pm

Re: Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Postby TulioDude » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:05 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
If all else fails
Image
Image
TulioDude is back!Now more social than ever!Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7


Return to Fantasy Battles

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy TRANSFORMERS ENCORE 21 Soundblaster Soundwave w/ Cassettes Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 25 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack (B3775) BRAND NEW - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 13 minutes 30 seconds
BUMBLEBEE Transformers Movie Theatrical Collectors Edition Adult 3D Costume New - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 hours 1 minute 1 second
Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Combiner Wars Hunters Arcee + More MISB - Time Remaining: 25 days 5 hours 16 minutes 24 seconds
MISB in USA - Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-18B Bluestreak Blue Limited - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 7 minutes 48 seconds
E-Hobby TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS LG EX DEADLOCK w/ COMIC BOOK - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 8 minutes 20 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece MP-18 BLUESTREAK Streak + COIN + AMAZON LAUNCHER CANNON - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 12 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers: Age of Extinction Limited Edition Gift Set Blu Ray, 2014 Grimlock - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 31 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive
Twincast / Podcast #149:
"Titans Arrive"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 10th, 2016