Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Got a crazy idea of a fantasy battle? Want to know if Unicron would defeat the Death Star? Debate your favorite fantasy battles here!

Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:00 pm

Metal vs. Sand. Can Magneto penetrate the Kazekage's Ultimate Defense? Or will Gaara's Desert Coffin get Magneto? Fight to the death.

Notice I referred to Gaara as the Kazekage from Shippuden. Which means no Shukaku.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 18346
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:31 pm

Re: Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Postby Wigglez » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Motto: "*cough*"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
This is something I would pay good ass money to see. Where would the setting be? Because if it's not in a city, Gaara hands down. In a city, that would be a hard decision.
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1212
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 2:39 pm
Location: Everywhere
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:54 pm

That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that. Let's make it in a suburban area, just enough metal to go against sand. Even though Gaara carries his own sand around, so even in a metropolis it would be a tough fight.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 18346
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:31 pm

Re: Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Postby Shadowman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:14 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
I just know at some point, someone is going to come in, saying Magneto can manipulate blood and skin and tons of other things that aren't magnetic, because there's infinitesimal amounts of metal in there, or that he can manipulate Earth's gravitational field. Lots of people haven't thought about what has name means.

I honestly have to say Gaara on this one. The only way past Gaara's defenses is with sheer speed, and the first person to ever manage that ended up a few shattered bones in his arm and leg.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29984
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Postby TulioDude » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
IF Magneto really wants to win,he could like his House of M counterpart and mess with the waves Gaara's brain.
Image
Image
TulioDude is back!Now more social than ever!Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:43 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
The odds are against Magneto on this one; his attacks are dependent on whatever ferrous materials are available in his immediate environment. Gaara's near un-fricking-killable, and carries his own medium of manipulation (sand).

One thing, though; is Gaara weak to water?

DISCLAIMER: The last I saw of Gaara was during the Chuunin exams in the first season of Naruto--gave up trying to keep up with the endless episodes. As for Magneto, I only know him from the 90's animated series and the movies.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2885
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Postby Wigglez » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:48 pm

Motto: "*cough*"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:The odds are against Magneto on this one; his attacks are dependent on whatever ferrous materials are available in his immediate environment. Gaara's near un-fricking-killable, and carries his own medium of manipulation (sand).

One thing, though; is Gaara weak to water?

DISCLAIMER: The last I saw of Gaara was during the Chuunin exams in the first season of Naruto--gave up trying to keep up with the endless episodes. As for Magneto, I only know him from the 90's animated series and the movies.

Where Gaara is now, he's ALOT more powerful than then. And he had a demon in him then. Sure Magneto could do the brainwave thing but I think Gaara would keep him too busy for that seeming how he's Kazekage status.
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1212
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 2:39 pm
Location: Everywhere
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Postby Shadowman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:22 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
TulioDude wrote:IF Magneto really wants to win,he could like his House of M counterpart and mess with the waves Gaara's brain.


Wow, that was fast. Literally right after I called it. Bioelectricity does not work the same way as regular electromagnetism. It's the reason an EMP isn't lethal. But then no one who writes Magneto actually knows anything about how his powers are supposed to work.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29984
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:26 am

Wigglez wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:The odds are against Magneto on this one; his attacks are dependent on whatever ferrous materials are available in his immediate environment. Gaara's near un-fricking-killable, and carries his own medium of manipulation (sand).

One thing, though; is Gaara weak to water?

DISCLAIMER: The last I saw of Gaara was during the Chuunin exams in the first season of Naruto--gave up trying to keep up with the endless episodes. As for Magneto, I only know him from the 90's animated series and the movies.

Where Gaara is now, he's ALOT more powerful than then. And he had a demon in him then. Sure Magneto could do the brainwave thing but I think Gaara would keep him too busy for that seeming how he's Kazekage status.


Yeah, that's why I picked the Shippuden version. Magneto could beat the kid Gaara, even with the Shukaku in him. But the Kazekage? That's the question I'm posing here.

And Gaara is not weak to water, but water is the most effective against him, if you understand the difference. That, and inhuman speed, as it was pointed out earlier. Speed that Magneto doesn't have. But, he doesn't have to be fast himself. Is his ability to manipulate metal fast enough?
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 18346
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:31 pm

Re: Magneto (X-Men Comics) vs. Gaara (Naruto Shippuden)

Postby TulioDude » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:05 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
If all else fails
Image
Image
TulioDude is back!Now more social than ever!Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7


Return to Fantasy Battles

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 Parts REISSUE 2003 STARSCREAM long missile SET takara tomy - Time Remaining: 23 days 19 hours 6 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 14 minutes 6 seconds
FUNKO POP MOVIES OPTIMUS PRIME TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION VINYL FIGURE RARE - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 6 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers G1 1990 STARSCREAM 100% complete action master Turbo Jet figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 11 hours 12 minutes 2 seconds
Takara Transformers Dark Of The Moon DOTM Leader Optimus Prime + Megatron Pack - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 27 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 43 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers G1 Japanese Abominus VS Computron Custom Poster Rare free ship - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 29 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Kabaya Wave 1 Star Saber G1 Convoy and Henkei Convoy MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 1 minute 11 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory
Twincast / Podcast #156:
"Gestalt Theory"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, September 24th, 2016